5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Chuck_Sherman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    DSC00211.JPG
    DSC00212.JPG
    54514290.jpg
    2014-12-21 10.34.41.jpg
    2014-12-21 10.34.57.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I just picked up some cool Starwars themed stools at Pepboys. They were on sale for $39.99 from $59.99. I got an additional 30% off with todays online sale. You can order them online and pick them up at the store. I also used a coupon that can be found on the site that takes $20 off a purchase of $100 or more. This has to be redeemed at the store. The cost per stool was $22.50 plus tax.

2014-12-21 10.34.41.jpg 2014-12-21 10.34.57.jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Bump
    54514290.jpg

#3 5 years ago

I got a couple of those same stools last year and they are fun and work well.

I had to replace the little plastic protectors on the bottom with rubber ones from Home Depot because a couple of the plastic ones cracked.

#4 5 years ago

They are $39.99 online with free shipping on orders over $50. The 20 percent won't work online, I called when it wouldn't and they said if the sale exceeds the discount it won't apply. Anyone who got 20 percent on top of the sale price got a "loophole" they have now closed. Also only storm trooper and boba felt are available online. Rest are sold out. Still great deal - they are 79.99 on Amazon which is the next cheapest.

#5 5 years ago

Bummer too - the darth vader looks the coolest.

#6 5 years ago

Check the stock in your local store. Mine still had plenty available including darth.

#7 5 years ago

hi all.i bought these off ebay last week 88 bucks for 2 and this was with delivery,i ordered Friday at 1 in the afternoon got next day !really great deal.my grandkids play and these go up and down with cylinder and have nice foot plate.large bottom so no tip overs..not heavy at all.they also spin around..i have friend weigh in at 185 yesterday spin around to test..maybe more for malt shop than pinball but I liked the way they look and can ad decal of coke after they get old...please note my bitchin new engine turned table tops.looks killer when overhead color lights are on.merry x-mass pinsiders

DSC00212.JPG DSC00211.JPG
    #8 5 years ago

I totally want to sit on Darth Vader's face.

#9 5 years ago

Pepboys still has 30% off and it allowed me to take it off the sale price when I used the coupon code.

#10 5 years ago

I did this today. The 30% off $100 or more is online only and the $20 off $100 or more is in store coupon only. I went into my local Pep Boys and asked if they had any stools left. They only had the display model which was the Star Wars name stool. He said I could have it for $10. He then called all the other MN Pep Boys for me, none of them had any left. I told him about the online deals and he put the order through for me on his system and took off the 30% and the extra $20 for me. I got 4 Storm Trooper stools for $103 after tax shipped free and got the Star Wars stool for $10...so 5 Star Wars themed stools for $113. Not too shabby even for a cheap skate like myself. Manager told me the stools were discontinued so they aren't coming back in stock again, so get them while you can.

#11 5 years ago

These are pretty neat. Spins, up/down adj, sleek and ergonomic. $99 from some stool store. Works good if you want a lower profile type. VERY comfortable and I have been happy. The themed ones are cool too, but with ems...you'd probably need to have a custom if you'd want to match things up.

image.jpg
    #12 5 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

These are pretty neat. Spins, up/down adj, sleek and ergonomic. $99 from some stool store. Works good if you want a lower profile type. VERY comfortable and I have been happy. The themed ones are cool too, but with ems...you'd probably need to have a custom if you'd want to match things up.

image.jpg 283 KB

Any idea where you got these and/or what they are called/who makes them?

#13 5 years ago

Can you show us some more stool samples?

#14 5 years ago

get on ebay..I believe these chairs are much better deal

#15 5 years ago

should i buy these?
    i have 0 (zero) at moment, but it's more stuff that will take up space... hmmmm....

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

should i buy these?
    i have 0 (zero) at moment, but it's more stuff that will take up space... hmmmm....

If you have a need for stools it's a no-brainer. I have a pub table to use them at and they can be used to sit down while playing games.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Any idea where you got these and/or what they are called/who makes them?

Can't find a name on it. I bought them in Madison WI, at a place called 'The Stool Store', to the best of my memory.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

hi all.i bought these off ebay last week 88 bucks for 2 and this was with delivery,i ordered Friday at 1 in the afternoon got next day !really great deal.my grandkids play and these go up and down with cylinder and have nice foot plate.large bottom so no tip overs..not heavy at all.they also spin around..i have friend weigh in at 185 yesterday spin around to test..maybe more for malt shop than pinball but I liked the way they look and can ad decal of coke after they get old...please note my bitchin new engine turned table tops.looks killer when overhead color lights are on.merry x-mass pinsiders

DSC00212.JPG 141 KB

DSC00211.JPG 167 KB

Took a second look for me to notice these are bottle tops for seats. Very nice.

#19 5 years ago

They don't swivel so not my kinda of bar stool, Cool looking but no swivel no buy.

#20 5 years ago

these bottle cap stools do swivel.they also have a pretty good range in height adjustment to put in front of pinball machine..my 4 year old grand daughter spent most of sunday going up and down spinning around like the nut ball that she is.do not waste one dime on wood stools.ok for 1 year or so then wobbles the goose after that

#21 5 years ago

I ordered mine last night they are waiting at the store for me. Really good price, thanks for the heads up. I got Boba, Darth, and the Trooper. They said the trooper is a floor model and they would discount it even more! I'll post pics later.

#22 5 years ago

Found a Darth Vader! Need to travel for work on Monday. Found a pep boys that is about 30 minutes out of my way, but will take me near a barcade. So meeting first, then to Pep Boys to pick up Vader, and on to the barcade for dinner. Previously ordered Boba Fett and Storm Trooper. Thanks for the heads up. Been looking for stools for a while - they were always $80-100 for anything I wanted.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

these bottle cap stools do swivel.they also have a pretty good range in height adjustment to put in front of pinball machine..my 4 year old grand daughter spent most of sunday going up and down spinning around like the nut ball that she is.do not waste one dime on wood stools.ok for 1 year or so then wobbles the goose after that

Yes I know the bottle caps swivel. The stars wars ones do not swivel, Makes the top of the stool wear out faster when they don't swivel. I wonder why they don't swivel I think all bar/garage/shop stools should. I was going to buy 2, Not now

#24 5 years ago

never crossed my mind about the top wearing out due to no swivel on chair.makes perfect sense.another great tip from a fellow pinsider. thanks!

#25 5 years ago

What codes are you guys using to get the discount? I have tried Promo30 and Dec25 and neither will work.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from osudrummer:

What codes are you guys using to get the discount? I have tried Promo30 and Dec25 and neither will work.

It was MERRY30, but that deal ended.

#27 5 years ago

The code THANKSB still works for 20% if it helps.

#28 5 years ago

THANKSB got me 20% off

#29 5 years ago

Thank you!

#30 5 years ago

Thanks just ordered 3

1 month later
    #31 4 years ago

I just found these on sale again for $31.90 and you can use coupon code (cyber30) for an extra 30% off, I found 2 at one store and 2 at another, good luck!

#32 4 years ago

The Star Wars stools?? what store? dont see them on pepboys site -

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyt:

I just found these on sale again for $31.90 and you can use coupon code (cyber30) for an extra 30% off, I found 2 at one store and 2 at another, good luck!

Awesome, thanks, worked like a charm! $24.30 each with tax here.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

Change your store maybe. Might only be available in certain areas.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Oh hell. Here you go. Looks like your store has Boba Fett. Mine had Darth and Storm Troopers. http://www.pepboys.com/search/?term=stool&omniEvars=stool&omniEvent=event1

#35 4 years ago

I've purchased a few of these since I live out in the sticks. With Prime they arrive 2 days later. They are easy to put together and seems to be of a decent quality.

amazon.com link »

#36 4 years ago

I just don't understand sitting and playing pinball, it's a stand up sport dammit!

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

Oh hell. Here you go. Looks like your store has Boba Fett. Mine had Darth and Storm Troopers. http://www.pepboys.com/search/?term=stool&omniEvars=stool&omniEvent=event1

Boba Fett.....that's like settling for Ginger when you could have had Mary Ann.

#38 4 years ago

I have tried to find someone that can do custom barstool covers I want some with the classic starburst pop bumper cap design. Pafasa had done some artwork for me, but I was hospitalized for a few months and he seems to have been away for awhile.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 9.99
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 17.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 40.00
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 199.95
    Cabinet - Toppers
    COINTAKER.COM
    £ 58.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 74.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 17.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside