Start_Mission_Hole_Light_Mod.jpg
P1000477.JPG
P1000480.JPG
P1000479.JPG
P1000482.JPG
P1000472.JPG
P1000476.JPG

#1 10 years ago

Hi guys. This is my first post on the Forum. I just blew my wad on a NIB Tron Pro, otherwise I'd be all over this deal. I know STTNG is in high demand lately, and thought a few of you would appreciate the tip:

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#2 10 years ago

Sounds good... I like how they measured and weighed the game

My STTNG came from CL. It was described as "better than new" it hadn't been cleaned in over six years and had six switches out. I fixed it all (took some work)... so the deal was still there. But I haven't had good luck with CL descriptions being even close to accurate. Has anyone?

Oddly, the one game I bought off eBay was better than advertised.

#3 10 years ago

If real, that is a great deal.

#4 10 years ago

There was apparently one listed at a $1500 asking price in SoCal today:

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=474865

Normally I'd assume it's not real but I contacted the seller about an hour after the post was made and he responded telling me he just wanted it gone and that he sold it to the guy before me. If real, it's a great deal.

#5 10 years ago

Five hours later, no reply, no pictures in add, sounds too good to be true. Must be another Bay area CL bogus add. It seems like one out of every ten adds are fakes here.

#6 10 years ago

I see tons of crap ads from SF CL.... waste of time

#7 10 years ago

Well the pin turned out to be real. After 30 emails the first night. The seller ended up coming up on the price a bit. It did come with a brand new ramp, a borg ship, a brand new full set of plastics, a new rolled up translit photo, and a bunch of spare bulbs and rubbers. The seller bought the pin in 1996. It is an extremely clean machine. I will post pics when I can get them. All it needs is a minor cleaning and waxing. I can see that this will be a fun pin.

#8 10 years ago

I need a Borg ship, mine is melted from a bulb. Any interest in selling the extra one, if so pm me.

#9 10 years ago

So, did you get it jyfly?

#10 10 years ago

I did get it. I am not sure about selling the Borg ship yet, I will think about it. Here are some pics.

P1000476.JPGP1000476.JPG P1000472.JPGP1000472.JPG P1000482.JPGP1000482.JPG P1000479.JPGP1000479.JPG P1000480.JPGP1000480.JPG P1000477.JPGP1000477.JPG

#11 10 years ago

Congrats man really nice score.

#12 10 years ago

clean, congrats!

#13 10 years ago

congrats jyfly!! I need to get down there sometime

#14 10 years ago

Congrats Nice pickup.

#15 10 years ago

Thanks all, it is clean. Pinwillie, once I get it cleaned up you do need to come by.

#16 10 years ago

Congrats jyfly! You have left me with STTNG envy! I wish I paid that much for mine!

#17 10 years ago

Thanks. This is actually the first pin that I have looked at that was in better condition than described. Everything is original and looks brand new. The shipping block was still installed on the back box. I would be very surprised if a quarter has ever passed through it. This is one I will keep in my collection for a long time. I was thinking about led's, but I think I will just leave it in its original condition.

#18 10 years ago

Nice grab! Looks very clean for sure! Congratulations jyfly!

Mike

#19 10 years ago

Hey Jyfly, congrats on picking up your very nice STTNG. I just got mine in Feb and it absolutely deserves the high rating it gets from Pinheads.

I would strongly suggest you upgrade to LEDs as it will signifiantly reduce heat in the backbox and playfield therefore extending the life of the components in backbox and keep the plastics cool. The lower power consumption will also allow you to add MODs like the color DMD etc in the future without any issues to flipper\cannon power loss experienced by some owners.

The LED's also give it a very tech look, highly recommended!

I will post some pics of my PIN once I have the new translite installed with the LEDs and some of the MODS I have added. Enjoy!

#20 10 years ago

Here are the MODS I have installed so far in my STTNG:

Star Trek The Next Generation Ship Upgrade Kit
http://www.pinballdecals.com/STTNG_ShipupgradeKitPage.html $164.99

Star Trek The Next Generation Target Decal Set
http://www.pinballdecals.com/StarTrekNextGenPage.html $37.99

Cliffy STTNG Protector: The Neutral Zone $30.00
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_36&products_id=292

STTNG Laser Cannon Kit
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=910 $125.00

Star Trek The Next Generation Backboard Decal
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/STTNG_Page.html $34.99

ColorDMD Replacement $399.00
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-star-trek-the-next-generation-pinball-machine/

COMPLETE SUPER Star Trek Next Generation LED Kit $259.00
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=795&categoryId=-1

STTNG custom ROM voice set (not installed yet) $175.00
http://www.actionpinball.com/cgi-bin/romorder.cgi?name=STTNGSND

Star Trek the Next Generation (STTNG) Pinball Alternate Translite (not installed yet) $89.00
ebay.com link: Star Trek the Next Generation STTNG Pinball Alternate Translite with free LEDS

Star Trek the Next Generation Pinball Start Mission Hole Light Mod $29.00
ebay.com link: Star Trek the Next Generation Pinball Start Mission Hole Light Mod

Star Trek the Next Generation Pinball Machine SUPER Borg mod (not installed yet) $137.80
ebay.com link: Star Trek the Next Generation Pinball Machine SUPER Borg mod

Star Trek the Next Generation Pinball Borg Plasma Mod $50.68
ebay.com link: Star Trek the Next Generation Pinball Borg Plasma Mod

STTNG Extended Exit Lane Ball Guides- Stainless Steel (Not Installed yet) $30.00
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_36&products_id=306

Total in mods to date -> $1562.45!

Start_Mission_Hole_Light_Mod.jpgStart_Mission_Hole_Light_Mod.jpg Borg_Plasma_Mod.jpgBorg_Plasma_Mod.jpg SUPER_Borg_mod_Cool.jpgSUPER_Borg_mod_Cool.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Wow! I had a good feeling about it, and I'm glad it went to a good home!

#22 10 years ago

It was a very difficult process. It involved several phone calls, me going to the town of the owner and not being able to get a hold of him and turning around and going home. Followed by more phone calls and messages. After a lot of work to get to see it. Once I was there it was an easy decision to make the purchase. The seller turned out to be a great guy and very meticulous. Given the fact that this pin is in such nice original condition. I don't plan on doing any mods to it. It looks very close to new without any restoration. I would hate to change it by modding it. I kind of look at it like a classic car at this point.

#23 10 years ago

Congrats on it! Always happy to see a fellow Petaluma Pinsider! It sounds great with a sub, the one mod I haven't seen mentioned yet. Toss a polk sub at it, and marvel at the depth of the sound.

#24 10 years ago

I keep saying North Bay pinball league but I guess were all to anti social for that. I would consider offering my collection up for play for the right group in the future. You all should think about it. I certainly cannot organize or plan it but I can plant the seed. I nominate Willie to do it, seems like a good dude. Anyways welcome to pm me anytime if there is something you want to play in my collection you are missing.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jyfly:

It was a very difficult process. It involved several phone calls, me going to the town of the owner and not being able to get a hold of him and turning around and going home. Followed by more phone calls and messages. After a lot of work to get to see it. Once I was there it was an easy decision to make the purchase. The seller turned out to be a great guy and very meticulous. Given the fact that this pin is in such nice original condition. I don't plan on doing any mods to it. It looks very close to new without any restoration. I would hate to change it by modding it. I kind of look at it like a classic car at this point.

Smart guy

Congrats on the game, STTNG is one of the best bar none.

#26 10 years ago

starbase, that is a great idea. I know Willie has offered to play his collection. I have this pin and an Addams Family to play. I would like to get together with a few people. The only problem I have is, I am finding that I suck at pinball! I am learning and having fun but I just don't think I am very good at this point. I am good at making and drinking beer though so that should be a plus.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I keep saying North Bay pinball league but I guess were all to anti social for that. I would consider offering my collection up for play for the right group in the future. You all should think about it. I certainly cannot organize or plan it but I can plant the seed. I nominate Willie to do it, seems like a good dude. Anyways welcome to pm me anytime if there is something you want to play in my collection you are missing.

Thanks Will for the nice comments
Ok, let me get this straight. You want me to organize a group of pinheads to play your sweet collection? Hell yeah!!!!! I'll give it a shot
PM will be sent

#28 10 years ago

Yeah my collection may go away or move, so well enjoy it while you can kind of thing at this point. I have not played a game in a week. Everything is fine just yeah met someone ect, so pinball kind of sort of has taken a backseat. Messed up really how emotions can be when it comes to what you think you like. Anyways I sure at some point I will dramatic post about love and pinball.

Jyfly regarding skill well my main fear for doing this is all my high scores will go very fast. I have a twelve year old little brother with a budding pinball addiction actually may have surpassed my skill. I have outlane post set to easiest, no socks in them yet but yeah thought crossed my mind. My brother likes it this way and all games set to 5 ball... There for fun we want to beat them but were just ok, fun is what matters not skill to me. Anyways he owns the high score on a few of my games already and is better than me at WH20, he has gotten farther than me. So yeah if your bad and I am bad we will be bad together. My games are underused is why I mentioned this and with me and my current life I am not sure what will change. Oh but thanks to this post I am going out to play one of the best collections in the north bay and I am lucky to have it under one roof currently.

#29 10 years ago

I understand, some times life changes but it always seems to come back around. Maybe if you sell off high things will get back to reality when you come back. I would love to see your collection while you have it. I spoke to the seller again today about the Star Trek. He said the original owner had it on a route for only four weeks in San Jose. He took it off the route for servicing and the seller bought it then. It is not quite an HUO but only being routed for four weeks is pretty darn close. I went back today and picked up my all time favorite video game. He just happened to have a Sinistar in his back room that he has owned for 25 years. It has been a good week for me.

#30 10 years ago

Great week and I played a ton of sinistar, great scary voice 49 way joystick and very hard.

I would have been to sttng in a sec but I stopped hunting Craigslist happy it is going to a good home, let me come play it when is all pimped out with mods.

#31 10 years ago

You can come play it anytime. Shoot me a pm. I'm not pimping this one out with mods. I plan to leave it in its original condition. The only thing I need to do is dust off the ramps.

#32 10 years ago

When its dusted and waxed and a good night for strangers Send me a pm, me and Willie are getting together for just a play session and you are welcome to man. Just ask and you can play no quarters needed. I want more friends with the same hobby because I will not quit this love of pinball by my choice. Played AC/DC and TAF today and was grinning ear to ear to have access to these games under my roof. Come play I would love to share.

#33 10 years ago

That sounds good. It is dusted off and ready to go. I would really like to play another TAF to see how mine is setup. Don't give up something you love. There are a lot of worse things you could be doing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.50
$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-deal-on-a-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.