• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by telmnstr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992
#1 11 years ago

hey Guys...found this ad...

"Data East Hook pinball selling as-is, lights up and makes noise but is not working. Missing the back box lights. $985"

is this a good deal? getting it to work a pain?

#2 11 years ago

Could be a fun project. If the rest of the machine is nice, it could be a fair price. I'd offer $800 and see what happens!

#3 11 years ago

I saw this at coinopwarehouse. You can find working ones for 1100-1200. Finding some parts may be tough.

#4 11 years ago

I think it's a bit high considering condition and how much possible work it could take. All the machines posted in the past day or two outside of that South Park seemed a bit on the high end to me since they all seemed like that needed a decent amount of work, display, new boards, etc.

#5 11 years ago

Sounds like a $400ish machine.

#6 11 years ago

it's coinopwarehouse - the best you can do is go and look and make the call. You can't wait around with him and you can't expect much from him in terms of 'giving details', etc. He wholesales and tries to move stuff quick.

Go and see how bad the comestics and boards look. Could be simple.. could be bad. Either way, not a great pin once you do have it working.

#7 11 years ago

I agree with you Director...not sure whats going on...seemed like the prices had been reasonable in the past but are now creeping up...and the discriptions are not enough to make a good decision on the purchase...last thing anyone wants is to be in a machine for more than its worth and still not having it working properly...

#8 11 years ago

double agree with ya flynnibus..."not a great pin once you have it working"...I would much rather take a risk on a great game that was not working, than a risk on a not-so-good game

#9 10 years ago

Pinball bubble!

Shoot for half that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-deal-hook-wont-boot-985 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.