(Topic ID: 320480)

Good arcade forum?

By Menthelm

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Looking for some suggestions on a reLly good Arcade Machine forum kind of like pinside. Are there any out there? Have a friend that is looking to buy an old arcade machine or two.

#2 1 year ago

KLOV….couple sellers you might want to watch out for though…

#3 1 year ago

Search/google "arcade forum" what pops up?

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Menthelm:

Looking for some suggestions on a reLly good Arcade Machine forum kind of like pinside. Are there any out there? Have a friend that is looking to buy an old arcade machine or two.

I play in both worlds (Pinside and KLOV). Pinside is awesome while KLOV is stuck in the dark ages. There are a lot of good people on KLOV and a few not so good. To be honest, I still score most my arcades off of Craigslist and Offer Up.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Search/google "arcade forum" what pops up?

I know how to Google search sir. As the question refers... I'm aking from someone who knows which ones are good. Honestly good sir comments such as this is somewhat troll like and insulting in a way.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I play in both worlds (Pinside and KLOV). Pinside is awesome while KLOV is stuck in the dark ages. There are a lot of good people on KLOV and a few not so good. To be honest, I still score most my arcades off of Craigslist and Offer Up.

Thank you. I'll check it out

#7 1 year ago

Basically Klov is your only option, but I truly hate Klov...and have been a member there longer than here.

#8 1 year ago

Arcade projects is a site I’ve been on many years . You also could check out Arcade Otaku or ukvac.

#9 1 year ago

I miss Jamma+............. Joey

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Menthelm:

I know how to Google search sir. As the question refers... I'm aking from someone who knows which ones are good. Honestly good sir comments such as this is somewhat troll like and insulting in a way.

Ok what did your search find even searching on this site for "arcade forums"? The same site will pop up. Not hard to do your own research.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Ok what did your search find even searching on this site for "arcade forums"? The same site will pop up. Not hard to do your own research.

Wow, doubling down. Let's try to be a little more patient next time.

#12 1 year ago

I kinda wish there was some new blood.

#13 1 year ago

KLOV, but there are some Facebook groups getting big with less grouchy old guys, just like with pinball.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Move on man. There's nothing to see here. It's ok not to respond if you've got nothing to add but bitterness. No really.... it's ok. Again my good sir. I can find all kinds of arcade forums on my own as well as cross the street without holding my mommy's hand. Everyone but you apparently understood what I was wanting to discuss. I have no ill felling toward you my fellow pinhead. Just letting you know that your post was in no way relevant to the post and was therefore not needed. So possibly in your future endeavors you might give some thought on some other subject and if you really have nothing useful to add... just scroll on instead of troll on. That's all. Let go of that inner keyboard warrior within you. Release that deamon. In the end sir we are all here because we love pinball as well as other things. Volunteer at a retirement home and enjoy the company of some elderly person that just may need and ear. Tip that waitress an extra $20 because maybe she or he is struggling to makr ends meet. Pay for the order of the person behind you in the drive thru. It's very rewarding... trust me I know. Hope this helps you be a better person.... not saying you're a bad person... but evryone has it in them to be just a little bit better. I'm truely not trying to troll you. In all honesty if you've got nothing better to do than to troll a post on a forum then you need some good vibes bud. Reach out to me man if ya need it. PM me and I'll give you my number. If ya live close enough I'd even invite ya for a kick ass night of pinball.

Edit: I see that unfortunately you live in Florida... if you are ever in Northern Indiana hit me up. There's a baller pincade up here.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

KLOV….couple sellers you might want to watch out for though…

(And psst! I'm selling a Donkey Kong and Galaga. Pass it on...)

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

KLOV, but there are some Facebook groups getting big with less grouchy old guys, just like with pinball.

Ah yes.. Facebook groups. What a great idea. I'm in some pinball and retro gaming groups.. honestly don't know why I didn't think of that. Appreciate the suggestion my fellow pinhead.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Menthelm:

Ah yes.. Facebook groups. What a great idea. I'm in some pinball and retro gaming groups.. honestly don't know why I didn't think of that. Appreciate the suggestion my fellow pinhead.

We have regional pinball and arcade classified ad and game discussion/tournament organizing Facebook groups in the Northwest, I'd bet there is something similar in your region. For pinball and arcade game selling and buying among other collectors, at least in the Pacific Northwest, Facebook groups are where all the action is. Some of the games might get listed on Pinside too, but it's so much easier to sell games locally, get cash on the glass, network and meet people, and not hassle with shipping.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

(And psst! I'm selling a Donkey Kong and Galaga. Pass it on...)

Can I send you a post dated third party check? That would be totally cool with me as long as you’ve got sprinklers in your grow lab where you keep your priceless collection of rare games until you ship them out.

Actually, this thread popped up at a good time for me as I’m looking for a Tempest to complete my game room’s vid collection. Before any of you complain about ditching the vids, the space they are in is behind the door, so it wouldn’t really fit a pin unless I put it sideways.

While I can certainly understand some of the animosity between pin and video game collectors as I definitely remember the days when more and more monitors pushed more pins out of arcades - in my memories, an arcade was full of the sights and sounds of both.

I guess I will never understand the beef between the Jets and the Sharks dance fighting it out Beat It style.

Besides, there is a common enemy we should be fighting - redemption machines.

… my wife and niece are making me keep the 4 sided coin pusher and Cyclone games. I just see more pins and vids that can go in their space.

1 week later
    #19 1 year ago

I'd like to see less Facebook and more Pinside like forums.

Facebook is mindless scrolling lately. The next MySpace is my opinion.

Discord / Forum seems to be what I'd be more intersting.

What Discord Groups should be listed here?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-arcade-forum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.