6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by izzy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3545 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

Will Goo Gone affect the side art on my Dr. Dude? there are two stickers I'd like to get off.
    thx,
    Izzy

IMG_3545 (resized).JPGIMG_3545 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Nope you're fine to use Goo Gone as far as loosening the artwork. I would, however, test a small area under a leg to make sure the Goo Gone doesn't hurt the ink.

Those cabinets used a heavy vinyl sheet heat bonded to the cabinet first. Then they silk screened over the vinyl, so it's on pretty good and nothing that Goo Gone is going to permeate and loosen.

#3 6 years ago

Goo Gone is great! I used it to get contact cement used for laminate off the side of a Ms Pacman cabinet without wrecking the original art. What you don't want to use is Goof Off, that crap will melt your face off

#4 6 years ago

I've used goo gone many times on a variety of cabinets, and it doesn't harm the original cabinet artwork.

#5 6 years ago

thanks, I'll try a test spot, then proceed.

#6 6 years ago

Make sure it’s “Goo Gone” /land NOT “goof-off”. They are very different chemical compositions and goof-off will wreck your cab. Don’t leave the goo gone on there too long either, it will remove art as well eventually

#7 6 years ago

I try to avoid Goof Off.
    thx

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goo-gone-and-side-art and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.