IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulywalnuts23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#988 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The two weeks comment was probably a mistake. I heard they had a bug. My guess is the wording should have been frequent updates.

The rate of updates for BM66 has been far from frequent, unless you are comparing it to Kiss.

2 weeks later
#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Guys - just ignore Vireland's bitching about the code. He isn't going to be happy no matter how the code ends up. He is mad at Stern because he didn't do his homework and understand that the code was going to be six months behind what it would have been had the game not been moved up in the schedule to be ready for the 30/50 anniversaries in 2016.
You have to remember that he knows more about what's involved in developing pinball code than Lyman and he knows the process so well he can tell us what Lyman should be delivering and when. The fact that it took 5 weeks to deliver a measily .01 release shows that Lyman can't possibly be working on Batman full time and that George is just a liar who can't manage the development process properly .... </sarcasm>

If you read all of Vineland's posts he actually goes on to praise Stern and now feels the BM66 he has at his home is route ready. So he isn't always bitching.

#1232 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't think it's actually his pin.
I think he has said he gets these pins ready for route for the owner?
Anyhow, i don't mind his comments even when the record is broken.
Because we all know the truth

I never said it was his pin.. I said it was a pin he has, I am aware of his situation and the fact that he takes care of pins that belong to another person that routes them.

2 weeks later
#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

It won't make any difference what is in it, I suspect you will still say it is not enough.
If you stand back and really look at this, are you really mad about the code? Or are you mad at yourself for making the decision to spend that kind of cash on an incomplete pin? You sound like a decent person that has at least as much intelligence as the next person here on Pinside. I don't care how rich a person is, they are not going to plunk down 10 or 15 grand for a sight-unseen pin without doing a bit of research. It was well known since the Chicago expo last year that the code on these was non-existent, and based on my assumption that you are not living under a rock, I have to assume you were aware of that. If you were not, then you really should be blaming yourself.
Now I will admit Gomez made the infamous "2-week" comment somewhere in there, and I am sure he would like that comment back, but I would also assume based on your intelligence level that you know the company reputation by now and did not really expect a code release every 14 days on the dot? Yes, their communication sucks....I will never argue with that. Yes, they should never have rushed this pin out without code, and yes a big part of that release was a plain and simple 'cash grab'....again, I will agree on those points. Even "unprecedented level of incomplete" I might agree with, but "WHOLE NEW LOW"....hardly. It would have been had they not let us know ahead of time where the code was, but that was no secret. I bought it with the faith Lyman will make the code decent....if not, then I have a colorful 10K boat anchor and I learned an expensive lesson. I am not defending Stern, Batman, or anyone else for that matter.....I am simply taking responsibility for an informed decision that I made a few months ago.....which is something that happens less and less these days.

Technically he hasn't dropped any money on BM66. Just spent his time working on an incomplete game. The game he has belongs to a guy the runs a route. He works on all of those machines and keeps the route up.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

OK, wasn't aware of that, but it still stands we all knew this up front.

Perhaps you might have assumed it, given Stern's track record. However Stern never came out ahead of time and said, that code would still be in Alpha/Beta 6 months after release. Sorry you would think that there would be more urgency with the code given the hype this game was released with.

1 week later
#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dude, someone ASKED. I ANSWERED. If you don't want to hear THE TRUTH, tell everyone to stop asking questions about what's in the game. Better yet, put me on ignore.

Or perhaps Manimal should just stay away from this thread.

I was going to say the same thing about substance lacking with this update, it being more of a bug fix drop.

#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I encourage opinions...both good and bad. Don't kid yourself, Lyman and all of the other developers follow these threads and they use a lot of the constructive feedback. There are been several instances of forum suggestions mysteriously making it into games. What I object to is one person who is constantly complaining about how much content is in the code drop, the version number used and how that is a travesty, how often releases come, and how he somehow magically knows that Lyman is not spending any quality time putting this together, etc etc. We all get it.....he fancies himself a much better and more disciplined programmer.....and who knows, maybe in the great world of computer code he is....or maybe I am.....or maybe it is my neighbor.....but only one of us is actually writing code for a Batman66 pinball game, and we all just need to have a little patience. Does anyone really think Lyman gets any motivation by looking at a forum like this and seeing complaint after complaint of every one of his releases? Let's say he is doing just as Vireland has suggested, and is working on some other project at the same time.....which do you suppose he is going to put the most time into? The one where he gets ripped to shreds? Or the one nobody knows about?

Sorry but if Lyman takes issue with people complaining on a forum and then in turn shuffles his feet on that project, all I have to say is Wow! I hope he is more professional than that. My guess is he is just as frustrated with the status of the code as the consumers and if Stern isn't giving him the time he needs he is probably more frustrated than that.

I don't read to deep into all the other stuff you are annoyed with in Vineland's posts. It is his opinion which he is entitled to, and regardless of how wrong or right I think he might be, it still makes me think, just like your posts do as well. I welcome it all.

#1393 6 years ago

One other thing. You know how Lyman/Stern could fix a lot of the complaining?

Communication!!

Perhaps they should think about working on their communication when it comes to something besides tooting their own horn on Facebook.

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Communication from all pinball people is beyond stupid bad
JJP just now puts out a trailer for DI, granted it's just now shipping but come on
Listening to Franchi interview it's clear a rush job was done to slot BM66 in as 25th anniversary.
Lyman got TWD advanced fairly quickly
I'm sure the LCD video adds major time to the process

A trailer is more promotion than communication. That is far from what I am taking about.

On a side note, Going back to what Manimal was upset about, I wonder if it bothers him that you never fail to take a pot shot at JJP any chance you get.

However this time I had to giggle as it was about a trailer that really isn't needed given the amount of gameplay videos and other info that is abundant about the game. I can't say I have ever heard anyone complain about not getting a trailer regarding a pin.

2 months later
#1505 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

From the Gomez interview Q&A that was posted on Pinside in various threads regarding the Spike system. It sounds like Lyman is still working on Spike2 so I wouldn't be surprised if he's working hard on optimisation and implementing the new service menu George mentions in the Q&A while doing BM66.
But he is rumoured to be on Elivra 3 which is supposedly a release for next year? So if that's true it will hopefully give him time to finish up Spike 2 and work his magic on BM66.

So vireland was correct then. Lyman isn't working exclusively on BM66.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 34.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulywalnuts23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it?tu=paulywalnuts23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.