IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Reminds me of a song I heard once or twice.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from mikat11:

I'm pleasantly surprised Stern produced the Batman 66 theme. Do the under 50 crowd get it?

No. They get Aerosmith.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Da fuq.

I'm 36 and I'll take batman 66 over Aerosmith any day of the week and I did NOT watch the show, at all.

Well, nobody I know that liked Aerosmith in the 70s when they were good seems to give a shit about that title. So I figured it had to be those that watched MTV and saw Aerosmith trying to cash in on that fad in the 80s that are all excited about it.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Nah Aerosmith is too old also.

Ghostbusters then?

#101 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I buy new Sterns using this tier system:
1) Layout...
Does it look like fun to shoot and is it different enough to not feel like a recycle, or duplicate?
2) Toys/Gimmicks...
Is there enough satisfying interaction with the ball to keep it fresh for years to come?
3) Theme...
Not as important as 1 and 2 personally but, definitely can positively sway certain family members into the purchase.
4) Sound/Music/Callouts...
Adds longevity and emotional attachment to a game.
5) Artwork...
Is it not a steaming pile of Aurich-shamed monkey feces?
6) CODE!
Yup, dead last.

When can I come play your WOF?!!!!

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't really give a shit either way

Me neither. I just like to sit back and watch people bitch about code on games they own and then how excited they are when the next sparsely coded title is announced.

#152 7 years ago

B/W must have had a tough time releasing games like MM and AFM with as complete of code as they came with.

Surprised we didn't have to wait a year or more to see what those games really had to offer. Especially since it was 90s technology they were dealing with.

#214 7 years ago

Come on jfj. You're supposed to be helping with Hawaii 5-O for the next title.

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Lol so funny how peoole cant let wof just go

Why? It's the standard by which all other incomplete code is measured.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Logic says Sterns days of this are numbered.

My logic says pinball's days are numbered when they run out of people wanting antique themes that ship with baby code.

But what do I know? I'm just a guy that's played pinball since I could barely walk and have never seen what's been going on in the industry in the last few years in my life.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

not even Star Wars will change that.

Star Wars won't change anything. It will be more of the same. Glad I'm not one of those suckers that treats it like some kind of religion. To me it's just a movie from the 70s that I watched a few times and have no interest in a rehash of it.

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

It's funny cause Star Wars is probably my favorite movie of all time. The first one in 1977. Still wouldn't buy the pin unless, well you know....

I was 15 when it came out in theaters, but didn't see it until 10 years later along with the other two. Being a teen in the 70s there was just so much more to do than get overly excited about a movie. Again that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

#293 7 years ago

I just brought home one of these Batmans. Now where is this so called code?

DSCN5233 (resized).JPGDSCN5233 (resized).JPG

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wait to buy lol

Nah. Be the first on your block to have one.

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats!
Time to get back by Casa de Odin!

Come by Sunday if you like.

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Gotta watch my Cowboys!

I'll have it on two TVs, one you can see from standing in front of Batman. You know the spot. Pole position in the gameroom. I gotta work Saturday, but Sunday's all about football and pinball if you want to show up. If not, enjoy the games!

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

O-Din! I'll bring the flash drive!

Bring it! have it in there when I get home would ya! I'll tell you how to break in the house.

1 week later
#441 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I haven't done a Spike update yet. Does he need to unzip it, or send it straight to the USB stick ?

Just takes picking up a twelvepack and letting Nimblepin do the rest. I don't even have to keep track of this stuff anymore and for the most part have stopped caring. Game's dead in the water with the code it has now as far as I'm concerned.

He's Johnny on the spot and will let me know when it's time.

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is a long ways to go to integrate 1800 video clips

I'm also looking forward to some rhyme or reason to the flashing inserts that change color or go out when you hit one. And lock lights that come and go at will.

Maybe the current code is really deep but none of us can figure it out. After half a bottle of Jack it sorta starts making sense.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

But you just never know if they will continue the development of code or abandon it for the next release.

If they want to sell any more Batmans, it would probably be in their best interest to continue development of code on it.

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And if someone BOUGHT their game BECAUSE of the 2 weeks announcement, then, ok, they have a beef. But we all bought our games based on an unplayable Expo demo, and that historically Lyman needs a good year to mature his games.

I bought mine for neither of these reasons.

I put about ten minutes on the game and liked the way it played. So with ten minutes worth of code as it has now, I'm pleased to say I got my money's worth. And any more from here on out is pure bonus!

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

And Stern got your money's worth...

At least I wasn't foolish enough to pre-order it with never playing it. They'll get you one way or another.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is no such thing as the Guarantee Code Tooth Fairy!
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well, that's...
Tommy/Richard Hayden: ...What?

I'm not sure what all that means, but this is what I got out of it.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well it finally happened. I said no to the next release.

Well, being it is Aerosmith, how hard was that really?

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

The purchases were clearly funded with disposable income, and I haven't seen one of them on Pinside (or offline) complaining about the early code.

Too busy counting their money to pay attention to game rules or code is my guess.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Nah, too busy running their businesses

Isn't that what I said?

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Running the business generates the money. Counting the money doesn't run the business.

I imagine you don't go buying $15000 pinball machines without counting it out first.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

No, you send a wire.

My bad. I thought you had to send an application and a video and then count out the money.

#479 7 years ago

Your whining about feeling insulted never gets old.

And what if I was to tell you I purchased a Batman Premium. Would that make me a lessor human being?

1 month later
#536 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

have much faith in Lyman

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

there is no way they would screw around those 15000 pin purchases.

I'm thinking the next code drop will be epic.

#551 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Why does anyone even bother posting here about the code?

They must have ran out of things to say in that Kiss thread. Sure glad I chose Batman over that one.

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

the code version has advanced a whopping .04 in two months. That's .01 for every two weeks

What does that really mean? The code as it is is almost 4GB in size. Is it possible that a .01 is a different amount of code in different machines?

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Has there been previous games where Lyman stated he wanted to finish coding on something but Stern said no?

A better question is did Lyman ever start a game that didn't get finished or turn out to be a masterpiece? In the end IMO, that's all that really matters.

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I wouldn't lose sleep over coding on BM 66, let alone missing a two week release goal, lol.

I lost some sleep playing the thing into the late hours of the night yesterday

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Sure. The other Batman...Dark Knight or something.

Are you sure it was Lyman that started that game? IPDB gives Ropp credit for coding that game too.

#593 7 years ago

I don't feel any burn

IF-YOU-COULD-8bclg7 (resized).jpgIF-YOU-COULD-8bclg7 (resized).jpg

#595 7 years ago

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If memory serves me (where the hell is rarehero when I need him to confirm/correct me) Lyman did alot of the later updates for BDK and he definitely did the final update which was a huge completion/polish update,

That's what I remember reading.

Although the updates may be coming slowly, Aerosmith has not received a single one and Kiss is still waiting for the next one.

In Lyman I trust.

1 week later
#700 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The Aerosmith code update was just posted, hopefully we get BM66 soon

Just noticed that. Hope we get one before Kiss.

#712 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This IS the next big thing.

Only one in town right now.

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Curious, you seem to be the resident expert on pinball, what are you top games?

I have heard him speak highly of TBL.

#717 7 years ago

He's never been to my house. I think the sound of all those EM bells clanking might give him a stroke. Probably wouldn't try Skateball or Flash Gordon either. Too primitive.

#734 7 years ago

Am I the only one excited that they are finally going to finish WOF?

#737 7 years ago

Yeah, I don't miss a thing.

#775 7 years ago

I respect Gomez for still designing instead of putting his feet up on a desk. And I appreciate the fact he's doing it. Nice change up from the usual designs. I'm taking a thumb drive to work this week where the internet is fast.

#787 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe they found a bug and are trying to resolve prior to release.

#790 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I guess I'm the glass is half empty kind of guy

The pessimist sees the glass half empty, the optimist sees it half full.

The realist however needs to know if the glass was empty or full to begin with.

As a realist, I see Batman as a glass that started near empty but in time will be overflowing. Soon....

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

your new avatar makes me dizzy, however....

Put on a pair of these and watch it get better.

#803 7 years ago

I believe with Gomez in charge, he will not want his latest effort to end up with some lackluster code. More like he is real proud of it (see the release video) and wants it to be a masterpiece. Which is why Lyman was picked to code it. Just a hunch...

#809 7 years ago

A respectable distributor informed me demand for all versions of Batman has been high, higher than the latest title. I'm sure there are plenty that haven't even played it yet that would play it at the show the way it is. New code could make it the main attraction.

#842 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Odin - both of our "gut" feelings were right about today. Does that mean we buy lottery tickets tonight (I never buy them, but was thinking)?..

I'm just glad it happened on a work day. Seriously, on my home internet, depending on how hard they throttle me back, it can take 8 hours to download this file. Twenty minutes at work. Thumbdrive is all loaded up and ready for when I get home.

I don't buy lottery tickets anymore, about the only wagering I do lately is on pinball. But yeah, I can't wait to check it out.

#845 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

there were PLENTY of tears along the way Imagine not having CIU modes in MET for so long.

Imagine if they never got that hammer magnet ironed out. Seems I had my Met longer than I've had this Batman before they finally did.

Oh, and I was told my Premium is the first one, the one that was at the show. That's got to make it worth as much as one of those Superduper LES.

#848 7 years ago

I'll check it tonight but is there any more to do with the minor villains yet?

#850 7 years ago

Plenty to look forward to then. I bet this thing will have crazy deep code when all is said and done.

#852 7 years ago

Problem with using scenes from the movie is you end up with the wrong catwoman. I doubt they will use scenes with Eartha Kitt either but anything is possible.

#859 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

no code can fix the left ramp.

Have you installed the updated cover on your left ramp yet?

#865 7 years ago

Maybe they will use Eartha. There are inserts that say seasons one, two, and three.

#867 7 years ago

Interesting. I wonder if this guy will make an appearance.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I didnt see/hear any clips from the movie when looking at the code via pinball browser.

Could be why the name of this game is "Batman, the Classic TV Series" How did I figure that out? It says it on the side of the head.

#1043 7 years ago

Sounds better than Batman 66. Who made that up. lol

I suppose the intent there was to not confuse it with another classic TV show from a few years prior, Route 66.

#1044 7 years ago

Probably should have gone with this.

BATMAN_IN_COLOR (resized).jpgBATMAN_IN_COLOR (resized).jpg

#1049 6 years ago

I'm starting to think the premium may turn out to be the most limited edition of them all.

#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

because Star Wars is up in a couple weeks, and I bet Stern tries the SLE thing again with that.

Is that what Lyman's been working on?!!!!

#1054 6 years ago

That was then....

#1057 6 years ago

I'm still waiting for the next Oursler game with code by Pfutz.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.