IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

As long as the orders keep coming in, they'll promise you anything. Think of a car salesman.. they will promise the world to you while in the showroom.. once you drive off the lot, they forget all about you and are waiting for the next sucker to walk through the door.

That's pinball, JJP and Stern.

For now it doesn't seem to be affecting them. With all the people on Pinside saying they are never buying another NIB, who T F is buying them now? They seem to not even be able to keep up with production.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keith Johnson and Ted Estes put out huge updates for WOZ and TH 6+ months in a row while Stern may let 6+ months go by only to release an update with a few bug fixes. JJP is by far offering the best code support in pinball.

JJP has produced 2 pins in 5 years that have had to be coded. Now they have another one.

Absolutely ZERO comparison.

To say "JJP is BY FAR offering the best code support in pinball" is so Panzerspeak.

Do you ever take a break without the JJP blinders on? First its non stop toys and now its code huh?

My original point was in reference to the lies and deception of both, but I'll put Jack and JJP out in the lead on that one.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

So what you're saying is that JJP don't overreach and release products they can't/won't support?

Hardly. They have a tough enough time supporting the two pins they have. It's not from not trying to produce and sell more.

Pinball is hard

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Another thread mindlessly bashing Stern. I never would have guessed.

Typical dopey comments. Like "the Walking Dud".

Petty and jealous.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Mean spirited - why attack people and insult.

Exactly, don't know why they do it.

Gomez and Lyman don't deserve it, nor do the people like us receiving our BM66 pins either.

#287 7 years ago

I doubt Gomez will ever give the 2 week pledge again

Like a pack of jackals ripping apart his poor dead carcass

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

I am so glad I didn't waste my money on this hunk of junk, it just feels cheap all around.

Where did you play it at Kaneda?

You have a Road Show and Who Dunnit, had an X Files and you are calling this a hunk of junk? lol

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Tilt at Arizona Mills Mall tough guy. My game list isn't on here as I don't live on this site like you seem too.

So that's not your hunk of junk collection you list?

Whatever you own is a hunk of junk. How do you like that tough guy?

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah beta until version 1.0 drops, but light years ahead of what we have

Beautiful. Just in time for unboxing and before I ran out of tissues to wipe all of my code crying tears

1 week later
#385 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can we not keep resetting the 2 week clock? Lyman is there working on it, and the updates will come out as they are ready.

That's right, Gomez isn't the one doing the f ing code!

Lyman is great, chill out.

This pin looks phenomenal. Check out GAP stream

Meanwhile, while the shipping company left my BM66LE sitting up in Dallas until I called today I'll have fun on my GBLE update!

Monday will be arrival time!

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just takes picking up a twelvepack and letting Nimblepin do the rest. I don't even have to keep track of this stuff anymore and for the most part have stopped caring. Game's dead in the water with the code it has now as far as I'm concerned.
He's Johnny on the spot and will let me know when it's time.

Until then, chill out and pick up another 12 pack.

There is a long ways to go to integrate 1800 video clips

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm also looking forward to some rhyme or reason to the flashing inserts that change color or go out when you hit one. And lock lights that come and go at will.
Maybe the current code is really deep but none of us can figure it out. After half a bottle of Jack it sorta starts making sense.

Hey, that's my motto! Drinking makes everything make more sense

#448 7 years ago

GBLE is great fun. That's the difference between Lyman and Dwight right now. Lyman tapped out TWDLE to greatness.

Don't think Dwight ever will on GBLE but it's still really good

#457 7 years ago

There is no such thing as the Guarantee Code Tooth Fairy Gomez!

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well, that's...
Tommy/Richard Hayden: ...What?

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Lonnie is on the code...makes it easy to say no.

Amen

Btw, Gomez is the crazy glue sniffing code guarantor

Wtf, how can you not know Tommy Boy!!!

1 month later
#555 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm just saying if Stern promised code every two weeks and you bit on that then...I think the new BM66 looks awesome, but at the prices and BS that Stern is selling these for is just ridiculous. More power to those of you who can afford one.

The code is up your a** of the pin you don't own. Bite on that.

And its awesome. Maybe the Russians stole the code.

Another ignore

1 week later
#738 7 years ago

I think Keith said he finished WOF but not for the general public because of Stern issues post employment

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Who operates the Stern Facebook page? The replies and the way customers/fans are interacted with is pathetic "no", "yes" how hard is it to have a little fun or light hearted but brief conversation with people asking about your products

They can't win either way

#763 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am not a fan of K-douche, but listen to his podcast 100. Late in the interview Gomez talks about the BM66 code progress. I only went there because I wanted to listen to what Gomez said, and despite the interviewer, he gave a pretty good hour interview.

What did he say about the progress? Any details on what happened with PF issues

#795 7 years ago

The time is near!

I had fun playing my TWD and GB pins last night, along with putting that phenomenal witch mod into Woz

I'm going to finally install MikeD's AC/DC video screen mod this weekend.

Between that and an excellent BM66 update, along with many beers, it should be a fun weekend

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A respectable distributor informed me demand for all versions of Batman has been high, higher than the latest title. I'm sure there are plenty that haven't even played it yet that would play it at the show the way it is. New code could make it the main attraction.

Heard same thing. No pro will limit the appeal overall but a code drop before TPF will be the real coming out party for this sweet shooter, great theme, awesome art and unique layout

#812 7 years ago

I won't be at TPF unfortunately. Have high level baseball drafts this weekend with my dad!

#835 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My only point is, I can totally see why people are upset aboot the code not coming. The Company head told them it would, and it isn't the way they described it; To me that is very basic & transparent.

I can see why some people would be upset too. Clearly a lot of people love to find anything and everything to bitch and complain about.

As a buyer of BM66LE, we all knew code was early and we all know that Lyman will make it great. How long it takes to happen, nobody really knows, it will be done when its done.

As for what Gomez said, so F ing what, Lyman could have lived up to the literal meaning of what he said and put out an update EVERY tuesday, even if it meant adding ONE callout. Happy then?

I think there are more substantial things to whine about and if you don't like the progress of the code then buy an Aerosmith while you are waiting, wtf.

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I think it mattered to a lot of people, if you can't understand that you're either dense, or in your case drunk - hey it's almost 4 in Texas
Speaking of dense, sorry to say but those people that believed Gomez are just that. He promised which was stupid, but they believed him which is stupid.
Overall I have bought 3 NIB Stern, and never once bitched aboot Code, because I know it comes when it comes if ever.

The only people it matters to are drunk people or whiners.

Edit: it matters more to non fun loving drinkers who can't pull the stick out of their butt

What is this 3rd grade? Nvm. It is

#856 7 years ago

The ONLY reason DI will be delivered with good code, not finished, is because they can't announce a pin and then produce it 30 days later. And they only get one pin out every 2-3 yrs

It was a f ing marathon getting Woz done and a mini marathon with TH

#858 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hopefully DI is the start of that. Stern has had 30 years.

No excuse. You don't get to be a rookie 6 yrs running

Hopefully the next theme will be desirable because like Lyman, I'd have ZERO concern with Keith and Ted

#861 7 years ago

Option A - Give me the game now and spend the next yr making the code great while enjoying the progression ala TWD

Option B - Show the pin but don't release it for a year until code is totally finished.

B is asinine imo.

Nobody has a gun to your head to buy it now

It's YOUR choice. Buy now OR wait

How hard is that?

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Like everyone, I can't wait until the final code, but I honestly enjoy getting a game in the unfinished code state. I enjoy playing it and getting the hang of it. Then something new gets added and it's similar to the new machine feel where you get to learn and see the new rules/displays. It re-energizes the game. When a machine's code gets abandoned in an incomplete stage, that's obviously a different story...but I really am loving bm66 so far, and I believe it will be one of the best!

Well said, I'm with you, that's why i have zero hesitation in buying a fun Stern pin knowing Lyman is coding it from day one.

For the rest of the people that get aggravated by it or can't handle it, its very simple, WAIT and buy the pin when the code gets completed.

It blows my mind that people can buy a new pin from Stern knowing full well its going to take a while to get the code done and then whine and complain about it after the fact.

It appears AS is a sleeper and already has good code. GB was the same way. TWD was not.

Fun times, great pins, enjoy the ride!

#884 7 years ago

If they couldn't keep the flow of new pins going there wouldn't be any pin makers

JJP still hasn't finished TH code after all these years

RZ, Aliens etc

Just the way it is. Have a beer and chill

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least your Aerosmith pro will be updated frequently. In the time it took for batman to get one basic update, Aerosmith got three.

Dude you need to drink a glass of half full something. Non stop whining isn't good for you

#919 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gotta balance out your non-stop praise of a very unfinished machine.

Well that we agree on

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can you expand on the ramp and other Batman related issues?

Yeah I don't get any right ramp issue. Nada

Now I did have the turn table from hell

#941 7 years ago

Anybody have the topper plug in schematic. Wife must have thrown away instructions!

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If I threw mine out, I can snap you a pic in a bit to help you wire it....I'll pm ...

Thanks Mark! I appreciate it. Take your time, getting ready to watch a great game hopefully.

1 week later
#974 7 years ago

Code drop is coming tomorrow

#977 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You know this how?
You realize if you are wrong, vireland will think you are part of the Stern conspiracy keeping new code from a machine he no longer wants ...

I don't, I'm just thinking positive thoughts! Easter bunny gift.

#995 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Anyone that bought a BM66 and didn't think this was going to be a long haul for code is either living under a rock or an idiot

There are lots of the latter here.

It's not Vireland's game but the OP that he helps.

Here's hoping for an Easter bunny substantial code drop!

#1055 7 years ago

Star Wars is a Ritchie pin and the most overrated pin designer BY FAR!!!!

Left ramp, right ramp, spinner with a variation of something no thanks.

Borg is king now.

Sorry Odiner, Lyman is working on my BM66 now. He ain't working on any EM's, that's for sure!

#1058 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Borg is good but I wouldn't call him king just yet. Sure Met and Tron are great but some others are just ok. He reuses layouts probably more than Ritchie, which is saying something. Aerosmith is Kiss 2.0.

TWD is the best ever.

Ritchie is the king of nothing new imho

#1059 7 years ago

I F ing HATE Xmen, I think its the worst pinball machine i've ever played. The oversized Wolvie head and left side of the PF is awful.

He fixed Wolvie with WW on TWD.

I expect another lame ass nothing burger with Ritchie and Star Wars where they will sacrifice the artwork, clip art BS because Disney says so, for a GOT like pin.

#1086 7 years ago

Did they do this on purpose? They know I'm very weak minded!

Had to get an ASLE to feed my pinball need

#1127 6 years ago

Positive vibes. Coming this afternoon!

Woooohooo!

#1164 6 years ago

Awesome baby!

Gotta load it up now.

At .71 this will be a loaded masterpiece when Lyman is done.

#1165 6 years ago

Crap, I'm thinking on going back to work to download this thing high speed. Home internet speed blows!!!

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whatever Stern's using is throttled, so it doesn't matter THAT much as long as you have reasonable speed at home. It should take like 5 minutes to download on a 100mb connection, but generally takes me 20-30 minutes.

I'm at 3 hrs. Canceled it!

So manana it is for me

#1193 6 years ago

Beer in hand. Several in the ice box.

Flipping ASLE while i'm loading up new BM66 code!

F yeah. Getting a tingle down my leg.

#1209 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

If you read all of Vineland's posts he actually goes on to praise Stern and now feels the BM66 he has at his home is route ready. So he isn't always bitching.

I don't think it's actually his pin.

I think he has said he gets these pins ready for route for the owner?

Anyhow, i don't mind his comments even when the record is broken.

Because we all know the truth

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

When I say something to my customer, they do not have to assume anything different than what I said. I do it or if it is not going like it should I contact the customer that it is not going like planned. For me that is just being honest and decent.
To his defense: good communication/honesty does not seem to be widespread amongst any pinball manufacturer

You said it. This is pinball and maybe it's surprising since it's coming from George

If it was Jack, no one would even give it a second thought, par for the course

#1221 6 years ago

It bears repeating. Lyman will make it great.

That's why we bought from day one.

I'm sure the .71 was a F you to all of us.

Although I really love the Bat turn mode it does have a LONG ways to go and if you bought this game without patience then i don't know what to tell you.

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...and by the way... I have a batman 66 and am basically not playing much so I can get a really good version of code to install and start playing & enjoying. So, I really-really want this code to be done, defect free, deep with lots of music, voice-overs, sfx, video clips, modes, etc... so I can start enjoying it.

I'm gonna do the same thing. Play my other pins until we get much more significant code update.

2 weeks later
#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At 5 months post launch with software nowhere near complete, I can't believe people are still defending Stern and this game's progress. It's literally unprecedented in the modern era.

It's because we all knew, or least most us, that it would be a long slog on getting the code done when buying this pin

Chill out. No need to be hyper focused

It's Lyman

#1361 6 years ago

Vireland isnt fooling me, he loves BM66 and wants to keep playing it at home while the code updates!

After the next code drop he will be saying "ummm not quite ready yet for route, needs a few more updates before I can let it go"

1 week later
#1395 6 years ago

Communication from all pinball people is beyond stupid bad

JJP just now puts out a trailer for DI, granted it's just now shipping but come on

Listening to Franchi interview it's clear a rush job was done to slot BM66 in as 25th anniversary.

Lyman got TWD advanced fairly quickly

I'm sure the LCD video adds major time to the process

2 months later
#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, ballsy. No way this is true, unless his definition of "full time" is the inverse of his "every two weeks until we getcha there." They are NOT both working full time on a game that they didn't even bring ONE of to Comic-con with them. Plus, the added time between Gomez drops did not result in substantially more features than we were seeing with the shorter gaps, with the exception of Bat Turn. Total PR email with lots of spin and very little substance.

You gotta be kidding me right?

Quoted from extendo:

We are very close to doing the next releases which contains many of the features that the community has been asking for including substantially more video, speech, sounds and more evolved rules and play events.

Pay attention to the above statement. That is all we care about.

Once again, while frustrating, we all knew it was going to take time and the end result would be great.

#1474 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But if that critical thinking to a logical conclusion on this subject upsets people, "ignore" on me doesn't hurt my feelings in the least. In fact, I've used it a couple times myself and it's FANTASTIC for people that get on your nerves. I highly recommend it when needed.

That's hysterical. You use zero "critical thinking" when evaluating JJP and DI. Very hypocritical and biased analysis.

Plain and simple.

#1484 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The shading and half truths are what get to me,

Once again, you can't be F ing serious, then again, you've only been around here for 2 years.

Jersey Jack is the king of half truths.

That said, we all know what's what. And yet you still haven't figured it out have you?

It doesn't matter one IOTA what Gomez says, its not even your pinball machine, we all bought it because of Lyman etc. Get it? Doubt it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.