IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 7 years ago

IMO GB is far superior to 66. That and less money. As of now, code is better on GB and for layout GB is the clear winner

Even if code were equal there's only so much good original code you can write into a meh layout like 66

#120 7 years ago

I do agree with Levi on many points......Stern has no legal obligation to do any more than they do with code. Does it suck 100% YES. That said, they are making games for the collector but take the operator approach.

They only way we can stop this is by voting with our wallets, and thats why I do not preorder or purchase without playing first anymore.

When value was good in 2012 and you could get a ACDC Super LE ( which is what they billed that game at also ) for 6500. Had shaker, 12" speaker , color changing GI , serial#, quality made features and toys, plaques and certs. signed PF, mirrored glass, and two color powder coating with water jetted rails it was worth it to take a chance on code.

Today..... no fkn way. ACDC and 66 were the only two games billed as SLEs and four years later they are over double the cost with half the value.

I do LOVE Stern games but my new purchasing view is play it , buy it, and be happy with it if thats all the code it gets.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Why is coding a pinball so difficult? Really with all the video game consoles coming out with title after title year after year complete, why is pinball so different. My guess is these guys are playing to much and not working. Stern needs to hire some young hot chicks to do marketing (like dead flip reveals) and keep the programmers in a room with a computer and no pinball games.

From what I understand video games take years to make with people doing nothing but.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

You are comparing apple and oranges

I understand that. Thats why I made the quote.

#166 7 years ago

Problem is....... what is considered an update may just be a couple of bug fix's till they feel its right. Does not have to be a game changing code.

Seems like they have had a lot of time to get it thus far and thats never a good thing.

#170 7 years ago

I own all three and have no desire to buy a 66. With GB I know what Im buying right out of the gate.

I really dont see how knowing what your buying can be a problem. To many other factors, does he really like the game, will Stern allocate time for him, will he be working for Stern , could heath issues arise, ect, ect ect. Who knows, but buying something based on what you think it could be is never a good thing.

To many disappointments. Hence thats why I wait unless I really like the game for what it is at its present state

#193 7 years ago

You mean they didn't release code ? ....... I can't belive that WOW.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm out on Aetosmith until they get the games coded. This is crap that they have more current versions of code and cannot give them to us. I know it takes time but release what you have. We are still on beta. They should not ship games below 1.0

Hank,
Im right there with ya brother. Thats been my new position on buying games for a while now. I know your not a huge fan of GB even though you have a Prem. I played both and realized for me there was enough there in code and such a fantastic toy filled layout that I bought one.

Fingers crossed you guys get some good stuff soon and Stern realizes they are starting to disappoint some of their biggest customers that buy almost every new title.

#217 7 years ago

Total fkn bullshit. No excuse....... PERIOD. Don't make promise's if you not going to make deadlines. Stern knows this is an issue but still puts PR like this out there. I feel sorry for the people who put faith in front of their pocketbooks. At least make a dam statement about it.

While I do love Stern games, I take them for face value anymore. What you see is what you get at the time, so you better be happy when you buy. They are a money making machine that cares about #1. I can only imagine how it is having to make excuses about this crap on a daily basis. Kudos to the whole Stern team in general for doing an outstanding job, not so much for upper management who seems only to care about a bottom line.

ALLOCATE MORE AND MONEY AND TIME FOR CODE DEVELOPMENT !!! Your sure as hell making it.

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm sure Gomez wanted it out last week, but if Lyman isn't happy with it, or feels it is too buggy, then it ain't going out and I can't blame him and the poor guy probably has tremendous guilt about missing George's announced deadline.

Then make they should make a statement assuring all the new 66 owners that their trying to make this happen.

Not taking a shot at you , but how the heck would you know how hard and long he's working, what his daily schedule is at the plant. I would bet he's not sitting there 10 /12 hours a day writing code.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I get what you are saying but at one point Stern has to stop shooting itself in the foot. I really do feel bad for the programmers because they are obviously short staffed or the team doesnt jive well tigether. Whether the cause the final result is dissapointing turnaround times.

Then they should make a statement assuring all the new 66 owners that their trying to make this happen.

Not taking a shot at you , but how the heck would you know how hard and long he's working, what his daily schedule is at the plant. I would bet he's not sitting there 10 /12 hours a day writing code.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The code will get done you just have to be extremely patient.
Games like TWD & MET are awesome but they weren't over night.

Then I'll be patient to give them my cash until it does.

#267 7 years ago

Rare..... you forgot LUCI. Hank I wouldnt be holding my breath for a huge update. I dont think it will go past 1.0

#270 7 years ago

In the future its going to be much harder to determine real value . Just think when Joe blow with a pro is looking to get BIBLE cash cause he seen one sell for that

#280 7 years ago

Stupid question........... But can anyone think of any other consumer products that a manufacturer can make major feature changes on, ship with known cosmetic and performance issues, and send out with beta software and wait years to update to a final product.

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Just got my premium today and have to say I had a lot of the same thoughts. Lots of rattling shots, bricks off front of left ramp, issues dumping locked balls, etc. Looks pretty weak next to my GB Prem. Hoping it's get better and I start having some discipline to not buy new releases right away!

Fk........ I got axed the last time I said something like that.

#377 7 years ago

It's Tuesday and new codes out for GB......... Ooooops this is the 66 thread

#389 7 years ago

Don't own one so I have no clue.................... but does anyone think this shits a little odd. Game was not even playable in October and almost 4 months later this is the best they can come up with. Whats the problem, system under powered and cant handle what they need it to do, hard to program ????

This was a flagship game at a price that would make even us collector's cringe, and this is what they ship.

Seems mighty odd to me.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it was easy. There'd be more famous people like Lyman, Keith, and Ted doing it.
LTG : )

Not the point Im making Lloyd. Never seen a game ship with so little at such a high price tag.

Then you have GB that has 10 times as much right out of the gate. Explain that

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

GB has been in development longer.
LTG : )

Sorry , I dont buy it. Or the game as a matter of fact. Your putting out your new system that supposed to be state of the art, want to make an impression and basically its a corvette with a 4 cylinder in it.

Jack put out a new game with a new format and code that's mind blowing and updates constantly. With half the manpower

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, yeah, but they had 6x longer development time. Both WoZ and Hobbit had many YEARS of development. B'66 had months, and it shows. B'66 is clearly a complete and utter rush job. Literally the most incomplete day one NIB I've ever seen.

I really hope so Vic for all the 66 owners.

#397 7 years ago

Not saying they dont have plans but hopefully the system can handle it

#409 7 years ago

Tomorrows hump day.

#422 7 years ago

Gomez posted on Todd Tuckey's facebook video of 66 yesterday at 9:51pm saying, " next Tuesday-next release. "

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There was a code drop 12 days ago, but you still expected another one 7 days ago (5 days later)?

Gomez made that statement. Should not have put that out there especially with the game being shipped with beta code

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it?tu=hoby1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.