IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

The code they used a week ago is newer than what's on bm66. Where is the code?

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Gomez did say code this past Tuesday and then every two weeks at least they could give us an update on status of code

This is the problem. I know code is early, but I know they have code newer than what's on my game. Why not post it. Some people have .59. This is the problem. They need to be open. Gomez promise is already broken.

On the positive side, The game rocks..

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Are NIB buyers dumber than a hamster?
» YouTube video

My post was because there is new code. They just need to put it on the site. We are getting code Tuesday!!!!! At least that's what they are saying.

At least Rob Zombie code posted.

#69 7 years ago

Bm66 is awesome! Bat man TDK was very okay, they fixed all the bad with BM66. Game goes from a C plus to A minus.

#194 7 years ago

But Gomez promised...

#196 7 years ago

I'm out on Aetosmith until they get the games coded. This is crap that they have more current versions of code and cannot give them to us. I know it takes time but release what you have. We are still on beta. They should not ship games below 1.0

#200 7 years ago

I'm guessing we can hope for Friday now. Last Friday Lyman said he needed more time and we were told Tuesday. Look, I get it, but it's almost every game. Kiss is still missing cities etc.., I think rare said it right and the issue lies with the people in charge. They do not let programmers finish the games. GB is done and Dwight has moved on. Aerosmith is looking the same as Kiss. Rumor is Elvira is going to be announced in Texas. Sterns bottleneck is code and it certainly does cost them sales as I finally decided to wait on Aerosmith and all non Lyman games.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So 2 Tuesdays have went by since it was mentioned that there wld be new code .... im really not surprised that all has been quiet....are you all?

TILT! No results found.

Stay Tuned.

#264 7 years ago

We will get an update soon. After awhile the Two weeks will be up. We love pinball and put up with this crap. Logic says Sterns days of this are numbered. Too many people are going to stop supporting this pre-order stuff. Batman 66 is in beta. This is the main issue. I'm sure the next update will be huge and then it will be months for another one.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Stupid question........... But can anyone think of any other consumer products that a manufacturer can make major feature changes on, ship with known cosmetic and performance issues, and send out with beta software and wait years to update to a final product.

Only Stereo Receivers that can be updated to latest sound format. Dolby Atmos took a bit of time to get for Yamaha owners.

#370 7 years ago

I'm confused on what the minor villains do?

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

It's Tuesday and new codes out for GB......... Ooooops this is the 66 thread

It's funny. GB gets final update? We are probably two years away from complete bm66 code.

#381 7 years ago

I'm guessing we may see code next week as that is the two week mark.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the reason people are so anxious to get updates is because B'66 shipped in such a bare-bones, essentially pre-beta state with virtually nothing of substance done. Once they get to 1.0x and have a basic, mostly functional game, people will probably chill a bit.

You are right. The game code is currently pathetic. Updates should be released frequently until we get to something playable.

#399 7 years ago

Well X-men had the code ever on release. BM66 is a close second. Even with the last update, it is second. The code sucks.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

George pretty much confirms that in his recent interview, they where originally just going to do a BMVE, then something came together last minute with Joe/Ka-pow pinball, so they did a re design instead of a full on VE and brought the release forward in place of Aerosmith, so BM66 could be released in conjunction with Stern 30th & BM66 50th anniversaries.
I just posted in another BM thread, that the non flipping game at reveal was probably down to the reshifting of the releases and I imagine Lyman was heavily involved with the programming of Spike 2 which Aerosmith was supposed to get first, that's what the rumours where saying for months. Lyman was probably working on the system programming and I imagine then gets told, hey while your doing Spike 2 we are going to bring your game forward 4-6 months, Lyman is a master at what he does but he's still only human.
And its no excuse on Sterns part but clearly the deal relied on piggy backing off the 50th Anniversary of BM & Lyman can only do so much at once, but isn't there a rumour that since they swapped the releases round that Aerosmith is going to ship with complete code? Aslong as Stern give Lyman time to finish up BM66 (while probably ironing out spike 2) it should end up a win win for both sets of buyers, fingers crossed.

Aerosmith code is not done. It's still beta according to people who played it. BM66 is pre beta. It is just bad right now. The air balls off the ramp is also a huge flaw. Right now, I'm just not happy with the game.

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Again, when did you pick up a BM66?

Got bm66 3 weeks ago now.

Added some mods and it sits unplayed. I'm on .65 code and it's super shallow and just not that fun playing.

I get a lot of airballs from the joker targets.

IMAG0217 (resized).jpgIMAG0217 (resized).jpg

IMAG0216 (resized).jpgIMAG0216 (resized).jpg

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I said something along the lines of "isn't the rumour that since they swapped the releases round and pushed Aerosmith back giving it more development time it is going to ship with complete code?"
I didn't realise Aerosmith was being shipped already? When did they starting shipping them?

Pinball news ran an article. It was at European show and some units left to go overseas. In US pros should be arriving in 3 weeks.

Stern just keeps releasing games without much code.

Kiss is still missing code, GB is probably done, I just see the big picture here. BM66 is a disappointment for such a high priced game and code development is stagnant on several titles.

#407 7 years ago

Tuesday. ........

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They didn't rush michaelangelo when he was painting the Sistine chapel...

Haha. I hope you are right. Pretty soon there will be some good deals on BM66. Code is currently pathetic.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

LOL... come one. This is STERN. Are you really surprised? It's amazing that the cycle of bitching and moaning continues with every single release... just look at the history. If you want a high functioning STERN game, you need to wait. You need to wait nearly a year. Look at Mustang. Look at TWD. Look at their last release (GB).
This same topic is doesn't need to be revisited every single time Stern releases a new game.

Well it finally happened. I said no to the next release. Going to wait from now on. BM66 in its current state is a horrible game.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, being it is Aerosmith, how hard was that really?

I like Borg games and like the theme. Have all the album's, so I dig Aerosmith. BM66 and Kiss with QC issues have me contemplating dialed in, and waiting on all future Stern releases.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Putting trolls in your ignore file makes them quiet as can be. Even some normally reasonable people are hard to take in threads like these, but the true hard core trolls have a field day and it is best not to feed them.

BM66 is Sterns most expensive game. I do not think any of us owners are going to speak the real truth.

Here is my truth. The game feels cheap and the code flat out sucks. I'm optimistic the code will get much better but the QC and the feel of the game is terrible. Can code save this cobbled mess? My guess is yes, but I'm still worried and lack of updates doesn't help.

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If it drop this Tuesday on the 31st maybe it will be every Tuesday from then onwards? The last update might have been delayed due to bugs, I would rather wait a week extra than get an update that's adds more bugs than it fixes, we have seen that before with GB and it sucks. All Stern need to do is communicate everything better, they would get a lot less heat if people knew what was what once in a while.

Doubt it.

#504 7 years ago

My complaints are with Stern and George. Seems since he took over, things have gotten much worse.

#505 7 years ago

It's Tuesday.

2 weeks later
#519 7 years ago

Gomez didn't say every two weeks. You guys said it Does Stern every deliver on promises? It's a mess and I'm pissed about this and my Kiss purchase, hence no Aerosmith and no more limited special games. Stern only hurt themselves by shifting us. Writing is on the wall.

2 weeks later
#529 7 years ago

I think this game should no way have shipped with the code in this shape. o do blame Stern and it will cost them future sales.

Hoping an update is coming today.

#557 7 years ago

It's been a bit. Hoping they have something soon.

#610 7 years ago

Aerosmith just got 1.0 update. It will ship almost complete.

BM66 is really bad as is. Rumor is it may be getting an update today.

#617 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In Lyman we trust.

To take forever, but make great code. The rumor mill said Stern was going to try and push another high end pin which was Elvira. They must have realized they cannot pull Lyman off of Batman, but I question if they did pull him off for a bit.

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Totally get it. It's a 2017 release. It's March 2017 and we are still at .69. I don't doubt that it will get there, but as someone who has played .65, .68, and .69 extensively I can say it is nowhere near ready.

It's just not that fun. One hour and you've seen it all.

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I guess if you own 37 pins,you get bored quite easy! Mastered none huh Hank527???

With 37 pins I do not have to play BM66! I'd like to play it though. Though it sits unplaced as it is boring as hell. I've been playing TWD, GOT, TBL, and X-men quite a bit.

I'd like to be playing BM66 and Kiss though!

#682 7 years ago

Rumor was wrong. One month does not equal 2 weeks. Gomez needs a math lesson.

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Everyone needs to remember these guys have lives outside of pinball. I see the same thing every day when someone sends an E-mail, they expect an immediate response and get mad when it doesn't come. Could be the other person is on vacation, or home with a cold. Maybe their kid was in a ballgame somewhere, or a family member passed away. There are any number of reasons why the code could be late (none of which are our business), and I am sure the least of those reasons is because Lyman just wanted to piss all of the BM66 owners off. Everyone needs to relax a bit...at least you have a game in your possession, unlike a lot of other folks that put money out the last couple of years. We all knew it was going to take a while.....yes, Gomez did say about every 2 weeks, but I can live with a few extra weeks for decent code. Think about it from their perspective....these guys give up a lot of their off time to support these games because they have pride in what they do, and they don't want their name synonymous with a game with crap code. Yes it happens for various reasons, but if you ask any of them, they will always tell you they would rather finish and polish code for any game they are working on.

That's not the point. The point is the lack of respect for the people paying the bills. All they need to do is be more transparent. That's it. The fact that they are not means they are hiding things. Things possibly like how little time they are giving Lyman to work on code.

Aerosmith will be on 1.05 or 1.1 within a few days. Code will be completely done in one month.

I'm not a fan of how Lonnie works as I think games need more polish. But those are the facts.

Batman is not even at realese code. My best guess is that we get another update before Texas.

#713 7 years ago

Aerosmith gets code. BM66 sits with just the promise of Gomez......

#752 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's great. Punish your customers for internal management issues they had nothing to do with. Nice.

Sounds normal. Until the money stops coming in, there will not be significant change.

I gave in on Aerosmith. Hearing Lonnie and Borg worked together and the game is near complete.

I'm sorry but BM66 has made me lose all respect for Gomez.

If Ritchie or Borg make a game, I'll give it a chance. I'm done with Gomez after BM66.

I'm harsh on Lonnie, but looks like Aerosmith may be different.

#769 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sterns code testing (as per one of their factory tour videos) consists of their employees playing the row of games in the factory over from the production lines.
There is a note pad on the lockdown bar for any bugs or suggestions for the coder to pick up and read, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's George making abit of an excuse to allow Lyman to continue adding, tweaking and polishing up the code until the day before its dropped in time for big update prior to TPF.
Plus it makes sense for Stern to take BM66 to the next level in the code department along with Aerosmith for TPF, huge exposure for the games if the code on both is enough to impress that leads to more potential buyers dropping $$$ in Sterns pockets.

Financially for TPF it makes sense. Let's see what they add.

#789 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Really, Dude??!
I find posts like this really hard to take.
You own 34 pinball machines. Many are considered the best pinball machines ever made. You own what I would consider to be my top 10 games of all time. Your history shows you've owned 80 more!
Now, BM66 has made you lose all respect for George Gomez?!!
The guy who designed Lord of the Rings, and Monster Bash??! The Guy who's been steering manufacturing at Stern while they made Tron, X-Men, ACDC, Metallica, The Walking Dead, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith etc etc etc??!!
The guy who's been in the game industry his entire adult life?! From Gorf to Aerosmith?!
You've lost ALL RESPECT for that guy??!!
How do you write something so crass??! So flippant, and so fu$%ing disrespectful??!
Posts like this are why anybody involved in the actual creation of pinball machines is backing the fu@& away from Pinside. When you put your heart and soul in to something, and people just absentmindedly crap all over it... it gets a little hard to take.
I too have a BM66. Code is currently in the Zygote stage. Lyman is coding... it'll likely end up being pretty good. Remember that shitty Lyman game?? Me neither.
I show my BM66 to everybody that comes over. They all say similar things, "Wow, that shoots great", and "It's really beautiful", etc etc., and of course some version of, "This is going to be great when code is fleshed out". Then we play Iron Man, TWD, Fathom, and Metallica.
Do I wish code was farther along? Sure do. You know what I'm doing about it? I'm playing my other 20 pinball machines until BM66 gets better.
How do you own 34 pinball machines and think so little of the people who make them?
I'm grateful to George Gomez for the countless hours of fun he's provided me. The fact that BM66 code updates have not been dropping every 2 weeks on the button DOES NOT MATTER in any sane universe. If Lyman released a buggy or incomplete update every 14 days, would that be awesome??!!
Gomez is one of the true giants of pinball. I have a ton of respect for him, and so should anybody who loves pinball.
Rant/venting over. As you were.

Yes this post was correct. I love the Sopranos. I think Monster Bash is good and LOTR is good. I actually think Johnny M is a fantastic game. Though that does not mean I respect the person, I may admire the designs, but respect can be lost and George lost mine on this over priced game that came well incomplete with lots of defects and code promises that did not pan out.

I guess I'm the glass is half empty kind of guy with Stern as since Gomez took over, we had major quality issues, the stupid pin. We've had lots of broken promises and the general direction of the company is questionable. So yes I have lost respect for him. If you lie to customers, what does that say about you or your company?

I choose to be up-front and honest with our customers. I do not believe in the way Stern does things and that comes from upper management.

Again, yes BM66 has caused me to tip and not respect George Gomez anymore.

Luckily, I could easily be persuaded to respect him, if things change. I admire his passion, but hate his lies.

I'll tell you who I respect. The name is John Borg. Almost every game he touches or has touched is fun to play. To me Borg is the Giant of pinball and his games are better than Gomez. Steve Ritchie is another great designer I like.

Borg and Ritchie are awesome designers with almost flawless designs that are fun to play.

#801 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

John Borg is my favourite pinball designer. He designed MET, and TWD... my 2 fav games of all time. The best modern pinball machines IMO.
John Trudeau has designed ZERO of my favourite pinball machines, but I still respect the hell out of him. I like that his designs are often radically different. I know lots of people who count his designs as top 3 games. It doesn't matter what John has done specifically for me or my tastes. He's a lifetime pinball guy, and because I love pinball, I respect the hell out of him.
My point is, "Respect" is about civility. It shouldn't come and go based on wether a person is doing exactly what you want them to do in a given moment. Respect is something you afford another human being because it's the base level of acceptance to form a community.
I'm simply trying to make a point about tone here.
You know what's dead easy? Posting on a discussion forum. It requires next to zero effort. You are anonymous. You invest nothing. You take no responsibility. You type something uninformed, and often somewhat vitriolic. I don't mean you specifically, Op... just speaking generally.
You know what's incredibly difficult? Making something. Making ANYTHING is hard. Putting yourself out there. Putting your name on the line. Putting your reputation on the line. Standing behind something. As we've all learned here, making pinball machines is EXTREMELY hard.
Gomez doesn't set the price. Gomez doesn't cause delays due to code bugs, or other unforeseen issues. George Gomez is an amazing guy. I spoke to him during expo last year. To watch him light up when he discusses the Johnny Mnemonic Blackout mode, you understand that this is a man who loves what he does. This is a guy who swings for the fences every time.
I hope we get a BM66 code update soon. Regardless of when it drops, I know Lyman is working his ass off to make us the best game he can imagine. I know George is working his butt off to steer production at Stern (while designing 2 machines this year!!!). When the code drops, or what issues arise due to software, or hardware will have ZERO effect on how much I respect these men.
Happy Flipping All.

I see your point. I'm just not going to believe what Gomez says. I guess the better saying is I just do not believe Gomez and do not admire the design and quality of BM66.

#806 7 years ago

TPF starts tomorrow. My bet is those machines at TPF will have newer code than what we have.

#855 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think it's unfortunate that many collectors consider delivering unfinished games as something normal and to be expected, and not something to be corrected.
Dialed In will be delivered with finished code, *as it should be*, but I imagine people will sing their praises for it because people have grown to accept half-finished games, when they shouldn't be praising people for just *doing their jobs like they're supposed to*.
The point isn't that BM66 will get finished - I don't think anyone disagrees. But Stern should not be celebrated when they can't do their job properly, which is to deliver a complete, finished product to their customers, like pretty much every single other industry in the world.
Could the Pinside peanut gallery express this better? Surely. No arguments there. No one should be saying horrible things about the people as individuals, but someone or someones have made decisions or set things up for the company as a whole to fail to deliver a product as expected, and those people should correct the problem regardless of how poorly Pinside presents the argument.

Bugs galore I was so ticked as the ball flew off left ramp down the plastic and drained on the left out lane.
The center mechanism hung up during a answer the bat phone. I thought it had broke. I just feel like this game is not that great because it was so rushed. Lyman is making it better, but no code can fix the left ramp.

#863 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Call stern for the plastic extender piece. Otherwise, cut a piece of lexan, that won't bend the way the installed plastic does.

I will do this asap.

#893 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry am I missing something...are YOU telling people complaining aboot code to get a life? Must be these drinks confusing me.

Everyone knew it wasn't complete, but we were told by Gomez that Lyman was only going to work on BM66 and updates would be frequent at every two weeks.

My thoughts were that we would be further along by now.

Before you say it takes time, think about this from Sterns side. How long are they going to let Lyman work on this?

Do you really think they will let him take over a year without putting him on another game?

I'm going to call it. At some point they are going to pull him to do other things.

I'd say there is zero chance Lyman will still be full time on BM66 by September.

I hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell.

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I'm not a Stern basher but is anyone else underwhelmed by the latest code drop given the amount of time they took to release it? Yeah, we got a wizard mode, but it's lacking in depth and story progression. I was more impressed by the .69 update that we got two weeks after .68.
For .70 I just did the quick update, not the full. Would that make a difference? My understanding is that the quick update only loads the new changes onto your existing install.

The new multi ball is fun. Update still took 20 minutes.

#912 7 years ago

Update, new code may be out next week.

George Gomez called me to address my issues and confirmed the intention is to release new code frequently. It does not always work out.

Short story is we had a rather long conversation ranging from the Game of Thrones gate issues to the BM66 ramp.

I can say that I have a new found appreciation for how difficult some things are. George assured me that Lyman is working hard on the code. I thoroughly appreciated the call and look forward to the next update.

I'm also anxiously awaiting my Aerosmith Pro.

#926 7 years ago

I can elaborate a bit.

George said the variation tolerance in wireforms in production is about 5 percent. On the white woods they did not see this issue. I assume several at Stern can adjust these in a minute or two and make it work right, no balls flying off. I wish I could adjust mine on hobbit. I cannot seem to get the right ramp tweaked so the ball doesn't come off. I have it working about 80 percent.

The issue I have on BM66 is occasionally the ball flies into the bat girl plastic and drains. The kit has a piece to stop this. If you need a kit you can call Stern and they will send you one.

George cares deeply about Stern and it shows.

BM66 was rushed and for a 2016 release. We all knew it. A lot of things had to happen and Stern tried to make it happen. It was really a no win situation once announced if any part of production and code didn't come together on time. We all wanted our games and code wasn't done. Expo showed this. Production got it done, but code was behind. - This is from what we know and not from George. George said this started as a vault and was changed with a really short time frame to make it happen.

I stand 100 percent corrected on George Gomez. He is one voice of several. One of my favorite sayings is What happens when you have a committee design a race horse? Sometimes you get a camel! My opinion is one person should be able to change the direction of the entire company. That rarely happens as committees are commonplace. BM66 is not a camel by any means, but we all know more time would eased the back lash it got. The camel is not having better communication with your customers.

The fact is Stern does follow pinside and our comments are heard. Stern cannot come on here and post. It's a no win. I wish they would just use facebook or another media to keep us a bit more informed. It would be nice if they did this cautiously.

Maybe something like Kiss code is on our list. Right now the team is on Aerosmith and when they are finished we are going to evaluate resources and hope to have them finish the Kiss code.

Then maybe update us on when Kiss is being worked on.

As a consumer, not knowing if your game is going to get finished is a concern. This would alleviate the concern.

New code this Thursday April 6 for BM66 as long as all goes well.

Other interesting comment was that there are over 400 voice clips and custom call out's. Currently, only about 100 are in the game.

Again, I want to say I stand corrected in regards to comments I made about George Gomez. I also want to say thank you to George for the discussions.

My plea to Stern.

Please make a future title using the Johnny M ramps and geometry of those ramps. Fastest shots in pinball. Ramps that can be backhanded on both sides!!!! Please! A cool game, with a simple layout that kicks the players butt with speed and awesomeness is good fun.

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm sure Matt is going to offer these for sale after we get through it...oh, another perk to design, no wire tie in the ramp area!!!
Would have loved to see drops instead of targets for the gadgets as well, but can live with it ( SM ).

Drops would slow it down. It would have been cool though. I'm interested in a ramp as it would fix the left orbit shot.

#942 7 years ago

Excited for Thursday code.

#952 7 years ago

Last Friday I was told by GG today as long as there were not bugs. They have released code late in the day.

#953 7 years ago

Next week.

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is that a guess Hank or have you been told? Just curious thanks for the info.

Fact. I have no idea when.

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks for the clarification Hank, guess there must have been bugs or other issues delaying the update this week or maybe Lyman wanted an extra weekend/week to add more depth/features and polish it up.

A major bug.

#964 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Major bugs can happen with any size code changes. Remember the "Butterfly Effect"? That's everyday reality for coders.

Hoping it's soon. I put WD40 on my spinner. Just a little and it turns much better.

#973 7 years ago

Code............

#975 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Code drop is coming tomorrow

With SW teaser?

#980 7 years ago

it was supposed to come out last week. They had a bug and I'm not sure anyone knows if it will be out. Im hoping it gets pushed out for Easter.

Got Aerosmith pro last night. So I have something new and fun to play until bm66 is finished. Really liking Aerosmith

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I paid 16,000 for bm sle and I have to beg for code. could you imagine this?

It stinks and we all hope this does not happen again. Hoping the new code adds some depth and audio call out's.

Gomez said he's getting a BM66 so I think that helps us know the code is going to get finished.

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gomez also promised code updates every two weeks "until we getcha there" which never happened even once. Code drops have been in the 3-5 week range, and very underwhelming amount of improvement per update. So I would take everything he says these days on ANY subject, but most-definitely Batman'66, with an enormous grain of salt. We're again at 3 weeks and counting since the last tiny Gomez Drop.

The two weeks comment was probably a mistake. I heard they had a bug. My guess is the wording should have been frequent updates.

#1009 7 years ago

still hoping code drops today.

#1013 7 years ago

Next Thursday maybe.

#1026 7 years ago

Gomez mentioned new code has a lot of new features and is in test. If all goes well, then Thursday for a release.

I'm really digging Aerosmith right now. I only wish it had more songs. Game is solid

BM66 code will add a bunch of stuff. No movie clips though.

#1038 7 years ago

What are the cabinet issues? Can you not put wood glue and tie downs to fix this? Or brackets with screws.

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Star Wars is a Ritchie pin and the most overrated pin designer BY FAR!!!!
Left ramp, right ramp, spinner with a variation of something no thanks.
Borg is king now.
Sorry Odiner, Lyman is working on my BM66 now. He ain't working on any EM's, that's for sure!

Oh my. Borg is my favorite designer, though I do get sick of the two and one in-lanes. Though he varies them.

Dennis Nordman is fun and his designs are different. They seem to flow well aka Demo Man.

Gomez is really random as he does not seem to repeat things like Borg and Ritchie, but he's not designing as much anymore. I desperately want him to bring back the JM ramps on another game.

Steve Ritchie is still awesome. All of his games shoot smooth. Some are super faster and none are choppy. Everyone he makes has single in lanes.

Trudeau is all over the place. Designs are good, but flow is not there on all titles. JT has some amazing layouts, but some have clunky shots.

I think Stern has a good team. It's a great mix.

Jpoop is the best one at noodling and never get a game made.

If you like Borg, go buy Aerosmith as it kicks ass.

#1084 7 years ago

next week. code is never released on Friday anymore. update should be large.

#1087 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did they do this on purpose? They know I'm very weak minded!
Had to get an ASLE to feed my pinball need

Apparently Lyman found an issue. It should be a large update and come out next week. I was told no Friday updates anymore. So if it's not here by Thursday, it will be the following week.

#1089 7 years ago

I just added brackets to mine. I didn't have reason to think the cabinet would split, but the game is so expensive a $4.00 prevention was in order. Also put extra wood glue up top. Figured it could not hurt either.

IMAG0437 (resized).jpgIMAG0437 (resized).jpg
IMAG0436 (resized).jpgIMAG0436 (resized).jpg

#1092 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Always been in this camp.....upfitted my IMVE to the old lockdown bar, might do the same the BM66 down the road a bit...

That's tough as the middle button makes it difficult. Games without the center button on the locker are easy to fit.

#1118 6 years ago

Hoping it's tomorrow.

#1139 6 years ago

Code is up

2 weeks later
#1290 6 years ago

Any idea if we are getting code this week?

Also, how would people feel if Stern released a new AC/DC with the new display?

#1293 6 years ago

I do not know. I think upgrading older games to a newer display would crash the collectors market resulting in a decrease in future revenue.

#1298 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

IMVE and SMVE play ok, but they don't play as well as the originals. SMVE weighs about 40 pounds less, for starters (260 pounds unboxed for SM vs. 230 boxed for SMVE). Still fantastic games, but you can feel the cost cutting when you are playing them. They're just not as stout.

Interesting as this would be because of the new cabinets?

I played both and couldn't tell the difference in IM VE. On SMVE I could tell as there are significant changes. Goblin not moving, magnet and doc ock shot seems different.

1 week later
#1364 6 years ago

YEs, its a nice fix. There is still so much more that needs to be added. Batgirl, Voices, Topper support, all the villain modes.

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm wondering what could be done with the topper during gameplay. During attract mode when its all lit up and the beacon is going it looks cool but what could it add to actual gameplay? Rotate the beacon and flash during jackpots or completed bat turns?
Dont get me wrong, I love how the topper looks and it was the thing that pushed me to get an LE over a premium but I dont see what it could add to the gameplay.
Do any of the recent stern toppers do much as far as game play interactivity goes?

Aerosmith matches the music with a quasi light show. It is very cool. Game of thrones is another one where the dragon wings go up and down on certain modes.

#1378 6 years ago

Two modes are more polished. I played a bit and will play tomorrow. After that, I'll wait another 4-5 weeks to play again. I definitely like the way things are headed, it's just slow.

On the other hand, Aerosmith has an update coming and the game is fantastic and brutal.

1 month later
#1402 6 years ago

We ate at 6 weeks. Seems like a very long time and I haven't heard any rumors on another update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it?tu=hank527 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.