IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I haven't done a Spike update yet. Does he need to unzip it, or send it straight to the USB stick ?
LTG : )

You need to unzip it to the root of the thumb drive. I think it's an .spk file.

Place JUST that file on the root of the drive.

2 months later
#774 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm sorry but BM66 has made me lose all respect for Gomez.

Really, Dude??!

I find posts like this really hard to take.

You own 34 pinball machines. Many are considered the best pinball machines ever made. You own what I would consider to be my top 10 games of all time. Your history shows you've owned 80 more!

Now, BM66 has made you lose all respect for George Gomez?!!

The guy who designed Lord of the Rings, and Monster Bash??! The Guy who's been steering manufacturing at Stern while they made Tron, X-Men, ACDC, Metallica, The Walking Dead, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith etc etc etc??!!

The guy who's been in the game industry his entire adult life?! From Gorf to Aerosmith?!

You've lost ALL RESPECT for that guy??!!

How do you write something so crass??! So flippant, and so fu$%ing disrespectful??!

Posts like this are why anybody involved in the actual creation of pinball machines is backing the fu@& away from Pinside. When you put your heart and soul in to something, and people just absentmindedly crap all over it... it gets a little hard to take.

I too have a BM66. Code is currently in the Zygote stage. Lyman is coding... it'll likely end up being pretty good. Remember that shitty Lyman game?? Me neither.

I show my BM66 to everybody that comes over. They all say similar things, "Wow, that shoots great", and "It's really beautiful", etc etc., and of course some version of, "This is going to be great when code is fleshed out". Then we play Iron Man, TWD, Fathom, and Metallica.

Do I wish code was farther along? Sure do. You know what I'm doing about it? I'm playing my other 20 pinball machines until BM66 gets better.

How do you own 34 pinball machines and think so little of the people who make them?

I'm grateful to George Gomez for the countless hours of fun he's provided me. The fact that BM66 code updates have not been dropping every 2 weeks on the button DOES NOT MATTER in any sane universe. If Lyman released a buggy or incomplete update every 14 days, would that be awesome??!!

Gomez is one of the true giants of pinball. I have a ton of respect for him, and so should anybody who loves pinball.

Rant/venting over. As you were.

#791 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yes this post was correct. I love the Sopranos. I think Monster Bash is good and LOTR is good. I actually think Johnny M is a fantastic game. Though that does not mean I respect the person, I may admire the designs, but respect can be lost and George lost mine on this over priced game that came well incomplete with lots of defects and code promises that did not pan out.
I guess I'm the glass is half empty kind of guy with Stern as since Gomez took over, we had major quality issues, the stupid pin. We've had lots of broken promises and the general direction of the company is questionable. So yes I have lost respect for him. If you lie to customers, what does that say about you or your company?
I choose to be up-front and honest with our customers. I do not believe in the way Stern does things and that comes from upper management.
Again, yes BM66 has caused me to tip and not respect George Gomez anymore.
Luckily, I could easily be persuaded to respect him, if things change. I admire his passion, but hate his lies.
I'll tell you who I respect. The name is John Borg. Almost every game he touches or has touched is fun to play. To me Borg is the Giant of pinball and his games are better than Gomez. Steve Ritchie is another great designer I like.
Borg and Ritchie are awesome designers with almost flawless designs that are fun to play.

John Borg is my favourite pinball designer. He designed MET, and TWD... my 2 fav games of all time. The best modern pinball machines IMO.

John Trudeau has designed ZERO of my favourite pinball machines, but I still respect the hell out of him. I like that his designs are often radically different. I know lots of people who count his designs as top 3 games. It doesn't matter what John has done specifically for me or my tastes. He's a lifetime pinball guy, and because I love pinball, I respect the hell out of him.

My point is, "Respect" is about civility. It shouldn't come and go based on wether a person is doing exactly what you want them to do in a given moment. Respect is something you afford another human being because it's the base level of acceptance to form a community.

I'm simply trying to make a point about tone here.

You know what's dead easy? Posting on a discussion forum. It requires next to zero effort. You are anonymous. You invest nothing. You take no responsibility. You type something uninformed, and often somewhat vitriolic. I don't mean you specifically, Op... just speaking generally.

You know what's incredibly difficult? Making something. Making ANYTHING is hard. Putting yourself out there. Putting your name on the line. Putting your reputation on the line. Standing behind something. As we've all learned here, making pinball machines is EXTREMELY hard.

Gomez doesn't set the price. Gomez doesn't cause delays due to code bugs, or other unforeseen issues. George Gomez is an amazing guy. I spoke to him during expo last year. To watch him light up when he discusses the Johnny Mnemonic Blackout mode, you understand that this is a man who loves what he does. This is a guy who swings for the fences every time.

I hope we get a BM66 code update soon. Regardless of when it drops, I know Lyman is working his ass off to make us the best game he can imagine. I know George is working his butt off to steer production at Stern (while designing 2 machines this year!!!). When the code drops, or what issues arise due to software, or hardware will have ZERO effect on how much I respect these men.

Happy Flipping All.

#819 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You know what else is easy? Running a pinball company (not that part ) that has issues getting updates to costumers, and then blindly yelling out promises that codes will drop on a specific schedule so you can sell machines and ease peoples fears.
You know what's hard? Understanding why other people feel a certain(t) way. I mean it isn't hard for everyone, but there's a massive chunk on here that have a serous problem wrapping their head around it.

I've heard that song about fighting The Law, and it didn't work out well for the protagonist, so I'll just bow out!

I do have a hard time wrapping my head around why people are upset about BM66 Code... It's coming. Lyman is doing it. Code updates have been quite frequent, and they've stated that Lyman is on it until it's done. I wouldn't recommend that anybody buy BM66 as their only game right now, but it's tiresome to hear mega collectors bitch about incomplete code on a virtually brand new game.

I think we should hug it out.

#847 7 years ago

SPOILER ALERT!!!

The new multiball when you beat all 4 Villains is really fun. Essentially, all 4 Villains run simultaneously. I just focused on the crane, and was making orbits and ramps surreptitiously. I think it was keeping track of Villain completion during the Multiball, because I got 2 of the 4 lit during the Multiball.

I'm not observant enough to notice other little things going on here or there, but the new Multiball is very cool. Now there's a reason (Beyond points) to complete the main Villains.

I think I got around 4.9 Billion on Factory settings. That was only playing a single normal Multiball (Sometimes I get that a few times in a game), and one Villain Completion Multiball. I earned 2 extra balls.

I think I managed an add-a-ball in both Multiballs, but I'm not sure what triggers it.

It's an incremental update to be sure, but it's a really nice addition!

#849 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll check it tonight but is there any more to do with the minor villains yet?

Not yet

#876 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think it's unfortunate that many collectors consider delivering unfinished games as something normal and to be expected, and not something to be corrected.
Dialed In will be delivered with finished code, *as it should be*, but I imagine people will sing their praises for it because people have grown to accept half-finished games, when they shouldn't be praising people for just *doing their jobs like they're supposed to*.
The point isn't that BM66 won't get finished - I think everyone agrees it'll happen. But Stern should not be celebrated when they can't do their job properly, which is to deliver a complete, finished product to their customers, like pretty much every single other industry in the world.
Could the Pinside peanut gallery express this better? Surely. No arguments there. No one should be saying horrible things about the people as individuals, but someone or someones have made decisions or set things up for the company as a whole to fail to deliver a product as expected, and those people should correct the problem regardless of how poorly Pinside presents the argument.

I don't think you'll find me praising Stern for shipping incomplete code. I wish that wasn't the way it worked.

I DO praise Stern for continuing to ship fun games. I hate the wait for code as much as anybody. A friend of mine also bought BM66, and has asked me to tell him when it gets good... then he'll unbox his!

I have a ton of respect for Stern because they're growing, and pushing forward in this very difficult market.

I think they should allocate more resources to pre release code, and maybe as the industry grows, that will happen. Fingers crossed.

They seem to be doing what they need to do to survive and grow.

Most of the "competition" is struggling and floundering.

I have a Hobbit SE. It's beautiful... but it's somewhere between 1/2, and 1/4 as fun as TWD, or MET. I have a HUGE amount of respect for, and faith in Keefer though. I'm hoping Hobbit has another major code polish coming. If not, I'll dump mine.

I like JJP a lot, and I'm looking forward to playing Dialed In!

I LOVE pinball. I simply love it. I think it's shitty for people to be calling ledgends like Gomez liars, and crooks. Manufacturing is hard. It's like being thrown 10 simultaneous curveballs from 10 directions across 4 continents!

I'm just saying that people should be a little more civil in their tone. Is that a bad suggestion?!

4 weeks later
#1093 7 years ago

I actually prefer the 2 latches. Feels more secure to me. I find the spring loaded latch bars to be pretty finicky. Often difficult to seat properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it?tu=MapleSyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.