IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 31.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The code will get done you just have to be extremely patient.
Games like TWD & MET are awesome but they weren't over night.

Not the fucking point at all.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Damn I always forget about Elvis
Dale Jr, was a limited run but was it a limited edition released with a none limited version at the same time? it was a retheme of Nascar, I was referring to LE releases as part of multi edition releases so games with a pro & le or pro prem le upon release, like Spiderman and Spiderman Black which I stand corrected on. Wasn't Harley similar to Dale Jr? released some time after the original release? Either way imo George has certainly been at the centre of all Sterns corporate moves and non customer focused moves.

Dale Jr was the LE of Nascar, but released later. Spidey Black was not announced/released at the same time as the original...it came later in the year, and many people who bought the regular version were pissed that the LE was released so soon after, as they would have preferred it. Pretty sure Elvis Gold came later. Even Avatar LE came later - just like Spidey. The first Multi-Tier simultaneous release game was Rolling Stones. Pro and LE were announced simultaneously. Then came Transformers with more variations. Pro with stripped features, then the "Combo" LE of 500, Decepticon and Autobot "Designer Editions" of 125 each.

#253 7 years ago

#66 in the house!

However, it will stay unopened until the new code is posted.

IMG_1610 (resized).JPGIMG_1610 (resized).JPG

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dale Jr was the LE of Nascar, but released later. Spidey Black was not announced/released at the same time as the original...it came later in the year, and many people who bought the regular version were pissed that the LE was released so soon after, as they would have preferred it. Pretty sure Elvis Gold came later. Even Avatar LE came later - just like Spidey. The first Multi-Tier simultaneous release game was Rolling Stones. Pro and LE were announced simultaneously. Then came Transformers with more variations. Pro with stripped features, then the "Combo" LE of 500, Decepticon and Autobot "Designer Editions" of 125 each.

Thanks for the specifics Rare, if I'm not 100% on the money always happy to be corrected.

At least the point I was trying to make stands Gomez has certainly had his hand to play at rinsing pinheads, intro and push of multi tier releases (if I'm correct it's only his games that have seen 4 simultaneous versions - TF, Avengers) and is it coincidence he not only releases games with more tiers than anyone else, with poor initial code and poor post release code (I remember you being far from a fan of TF code) but now the most expensive relesse again with missed code support that he himself promised and set himself up to fail while simultaneously the introduction of a new level entry game to make us think we are getting a good deal at current cornerstone (pro) prices?

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

#66 in the house!

I would have to open it and make sure it's been built the right way up

I know I won't be leaving my LE in the box second it arrives I'll be checking it too to bottom then playing the crap out of it

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

if I'm correct it's only his games that have seen 4 simultaneous versions - TF, Avengers)

AC/DC Pro, Premium, Let There Be Rock LE, Back in Black LE ...sorry to keep correcting lol

Quoted from J85M:

and is it coincidence he not only releases games with more tiers than anyone else, with poor initial code and poor post release code (I remember you being far from a fan of TF code) but now the most expensive relesse again with missed code support that he himself promised and set himself up to fail while simultaneously the introduction of a new level entry game to make us think we are getting a good deal at current cornerstone (pro) prices?

I think it is a coincidence....there's nothing "George specific" when there are code issues on games. To be fair, my complaints about TF were mostly subjective...I didn't like the fake Optimus voice, the Optimus Multiball "roadblock", and the overall "chopping wood" nature of the rules...but if that's the game they set out to make - I really can't say the code wasn't complete....and Lonnie DID release an update with the option to turn the "Roadblock" on or off.

#257 7 years ago

I'm always amazed at the vitriol and constant whining. Seems a tad premature for a game that just came out. Of course everyone is eagerly anticipating the code drop, but most of us don't troll about it.

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I'm always amazed at the vitriol and constant whining. Seems a tad premature for a game that just came out.

Then you haven't read any of the info of the thread. It's pretty simple, people are pissed because instead of saying nothing per usual, Stern made a point to tell them the code was coming "Every 2 weeks" and it hasn't.

#259 7 years ago

It's not whining when a company promises something and doesn't follow through and you're not happy about it. You don't have to be quiet and take it. You're allowed to have an opinion.

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not whining when a company promises something and doesn't follow through and you're not happy about it. You don't have to be quiet and take it. You're allowed to have an opinion.

At the end of the day, it's simple....people just wanna buy a game, open a game, and play a game. When you buy a game, you expect it to be a completed product. This stuff just gets exhausting after a while.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Please stop including WOF in every code argument. WOF is finished, the programmer left Stern and it's not getting any more updates. BDK is finished too, why mention BDK?

I'm sorry I was just trying to make the point that there were some games like WOF and BDK along the way, that many people were waiting for code updates for a long time, and they never came. Not actually saying they should do them now. But it's like they were just abandoned. They even made another Batman on the same platform as BDK which never was really finished...
And just because the programmer is no longer around, doesn't mean the code can't be finished/updated by someone else...

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

AC/DC Pro, Premium, Let There Be Rock LE, Back in Black LE ...sorry to keep correcting lol

I think it is a coincidence....there's nothing "George specific" when there are code issues on games. To be fair, my complaints about TF were mostly subjective...I didn't like the fake Optimus voice, the Optimus Multiball "roadblock", and the overall "chopping wood" nature of the rules...but if that's the game they set out to make - I really can't say the code wasn't complete....and Lonnie DID release an update with the option to turn the "Roadblock" on or off.

No need to apologise Greg correct away, if I'm wrong I would prefer to be corrected so I can be correct next time

I had a little time away from the hobby a couple of years ago so didn't really spend a lot of time looking at things in depth so I appreciate the memory jog, maybe as you say it is purely coincidence, but if George's next game is the same I'm calling it

#263 7 years ago

#66 in the house!

How long are you willing to wait?

#264 7 years ago

We will get an update soon. After awhile the Two weeks will be up. We love pinball and put up with this crap. Logic says Sterns days of this are numbered. Too many people are going to stop supporting this pre-order stuff. Batman 66 is in beta. This is the main issue. I'm sure the next update will be huge and then it will be months for another one.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The code will get done you just have to be extremely patient.
Games like TWD & MET are awesome but they weren't over night.

Then I'll be patient to give them my cash until it does.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Logic says Sterns days of this are numbered.

My logic says pinball's days are numbered when they run out of people wanting antique themes that ship with baby code.

But what do I know? I'm just a guy that's played pinball since I could barely walk and have never seen what's been going on in the industry in the last few years in my life.

#267 7 years ago

Rare..... you forgot LUCI. Hank I wouldnt be holding my breath for a huge update. I dont think it will go past 1.0

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My logic says pinball's days are numbered when they run out of people wanting antique themes that ship with baby code.
But what do I know? I'm just a guy that's played pinball since I could barely walk and have never seen what's been going on in the industry in the last few years in my life.

I've said this before but BM66 changed the way I buy pins. I will no longer buy a Stern until it is finished with good code and has no issues with hardware. In the past I bought LEs without a second thought. No longer. And no theme, not even Star Wars will change that.

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Rare..... you forgot LUCI.

Oh yeah...and Pro LED version if you wanna count that!

#270 7 years ago

In the future its going to be much harder to determine real value . Just think when Joe blow with a pro is looking to get BIBLE cash cause he seen one sell for that

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I've said this before but BM66 changed the way I buy pins. I will no longer buy a Stern until it is finished with good code and has no issues with hardware. In the past I bought LEs without a second thought. No longer. And no theme, not even Star Wars will change that.

I should follow up that I don't hate everyone at Stern. They have some great employees. I do question some of how they do business with the public, which is part of the reason for my decision, but I hope somehow, it will reach a good place.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

not even Star Wars will change that.

Star Wars won't change anything. It will be more of the same. Glad I'm not one of those suckers that treats it like some kind of religion. To me it's just a movie from the 70s that I watched a few times and have no interest in a rehash of it.

#273 7 years ago

#66 in the house!

Just open the box and have some fun!

#274 7 years ago

Stern, I've been saying it for a long time now that its time to make code great again! If you keep delaying these code updates we are not going to buy your games, period. Going to make your games in China next? No, we won't buy em. You have to code, so why not code big, code huge. Do that and things are going to be great, just great. An extremely credible source has called me, great guy, and has said that you are not releasing the code update for Batman 66 today. That's bad business, many of us know business and know what you are doing isn't right.

5a608bb4eb2098201821351ce0186c0cd3577783 (resized).jpg5a608bb4eb2098201821351ce0186c0cd3577783 (resized).jpg

#275 7 years ago

No 69 arrived today in Phoenix. Need more plastic washers for the leg bolts before I break it out of the box, check out my gadget, and fire Batman up.....
Big Thanks Stern and Automated Services!!!!

IMG_7967 (resized).JPGIMG_7967 (resized).JPG

IMG_7965 (resized).JPGIMG_7965 (resized).JPG

IMG_7966 (resized).JPGIMG_7966 (resized).JPG

IMG_7971 (resized).JPGIMG_7971 (resized).JPG

IMG_7970 (resized).JPGIMG_7970 (resized).JPG

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

No 69 arrived today in Phoenix. Need more plastic washers for the leg bolts before I break it out of the box, check out my gadget, and fire Batman up.....
Big Thanks Stern and Automated Services!!!!

Check yours. Stern shipped the LE and SLEs with black nylon washers already on the leg bolts now. They're thinner than the ones you have, but do the job fine.

#277 7 years ago

I find this code situation a bit of a non-issue. Would everyone have felt better if they labelled the code 1.0 when it shipped? Every developer will tell you that "the code's never done." The project manager tells you when it's done or "done enough." At some point you have to "Go Live and ship." If you are going to wait for code that's "finished", you are going to wait forever. Is the code playable? That's the question to me. It appears that's the case.

That being said, I don't have a dog in the fight since I don't own it. Would I buy one now if I had the cash? In a New York minute. I love the theme and game play looks like a lot of fun.

For those waiting on code, I hope you get your update soon. As someone else said in this thread, "just open the box and have some fun!"

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Star Wars won't change anything. It will be more of the same. Glad I'm not one of those suckers that treats it like some kind of religion. To me it's just a movie from the 70s that I watched a few times and have no interest in a rehash of it.

It's funny cause Star Wars is probably my favorite movie of all time. The first one in 1977. Still wouldn't buy the pin unless, well you know....

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

It's funny cause Star Wars is probably my favorite movie of all time. The first one in 1977. Still wouldn't buy the pin unless, well you know....

I was 15 when it came out in theaters, but didn't see it until 10 years later along with the other two. Being a teen in the 70s there was just so much more to do than get overly excited about a movie. Again that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

#280 7 years ago

Stupid question........... But can anyone think of any other consumer products that a manufacturer can make major feature changes on, ship with known cosmetic and performance issues, and send out with beta software and wait years to update to a final product.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Stupid question........... But can anyone think of any other consumer products that a manufacturer can make major feature changes on, ship with known cosmetic and performance issues, and send out with beta software and wait years to update to a final product.

Nintendo released a complete & fun iPhone game, Super Mario Run...and people complained because it was $10 lol ....can you imagine the average game buyer, used to 99 cent apps, learning about what WE are paying for games, and the development stage they're in when we get them!? Their heads would explode.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

TiVo. Still waiting for the "full HD interface" advertised and promised over 5 years and three models ago.

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nintendo released a complete & fun iPhone game, Super Mario Run...and people complained because it was $10 lol ....can you imagine the average game buyer, used to 99 cent apps, learning about what WE are paying for games, and the development stage they're in when we get them!? Their heads would explode.

lol... seriously !! New Stern releases are literally public betas

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Only Stereo Receivers that can be updated to latest sound format. Dolby Atmos took a bit of time to get for Yamaha owners.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

My wife lol

#286 7 years ago

Want code

#287 7 years ago

I doubt Gomez will ever give the 2 week pledge again

Like a pack of jackals ripping apart his poor dead carcass

#288 7 years ago

I was hoping for the best with BM66, and I played at my local arcade for the first time today. It really needs code bad, but no code will fix this game for me. I am so glad I didn't waste my money on this hunk of junk, it just feels cheap all around. You can disagree all you want but it's been in the arcade since the 7th, and it was already pitting all over on the magnet. The left ramp was shaking every time I hit it. It just felt like a cheap toy. If I bought a SLE, I would be giving stern notice that I would be selling it! This is why pinball isn't more popular, there is zero innovation. The coin retrieval slots were missing, so you could slide your finger in and add credits if you wanted and even for free I paid to play other pinball machines. The current code is laughable and the lies this company keeps getting away with are shocking to me. To each their own I guess, and hopefully if code ever does gt released, it fixes this cash grab by stern!

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

I was hoping for the best with BM66, and I played at my local arcade for the first time today. It really needs code bad, but no code will fix this game for me. I am so glad I didn't waste my money on this hunk of junk, it just feels cheap all around. You can disagree all you want but it's been in the arcade since the 7th, and it was already pitting all over on the magnet. The left ramp was shaking every time I hit it. It just felt like a cheap toy. If I bought a SLE, I would be giving stern notice that I would be selling it! This is why pinball isn't more popular, there is zero innovation. The coin retrieval slots were missing, so you could slide your finger in and add credits if you wanted and even for free I paid to play other pinball machines. The current code is laughable and the lies this company keeps getting away with are shocking to me. To each their own I guess, and hopefully if code ever does gt released, it fixes this cash grab by stern!

Just got my premium today and have to say I had a lot of the same thoughts. Lots of rattling shots, bricks off front of left ramp, issues dumping locked balls, etc. Looks pretty weak next to my GB Prem. Hoping it's get better and I start having some discipline to not buy new releases right away!

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

I am so glad I didn't waste my money on this hunk of junk, it just feels cheap all around.

Where did you play it at Kaneda?

You have a Road Show and Who Dunnit, had an X Files and you are calling this a hunk of junk? lol

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have a Road Show and Who Dunnit, had an X Files and you are calling this a hunk of junk? lol

Pinside is so boring these days. Time to lift the Kaneda ban. He is a new man now. Maybe KPG can start a petition.

#292 7 years ago

A software update is late? A game is released unfinished? Time for the caped coder to jump into action!

So enlighten me and tell me what software ships these days finished? Just curious how few examples there are, because none come to mind...

#293 7 years ago

I just brought home one of these Batmans. Now where is this so called code?

DSCN5233 (resized).JPGDSCN5233 (resized).JPG

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

A software update is late? A game is released unfinished? Time for the caped coder to jump into action!
So enlighten me and tell me what software ships these days finished? Just curious how few examples there are, because none come to mind...

Other people aiming for the bottom is not a justification to accept it.

#295 7 years ago

#66 in the house!

Lots of will power to not open it up until code drops. Id be curious to see what the episode/gadget is and what card you got.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tilt at Arizona Mills Mall tough guy. My game list isn't on here as I don't live on this site like you seem too.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Tilt at Arizona Mills Mall tough guy. My game list isn't on here as I don't live on this site like you seem too.

So that's not your hunk of junk collection you list?

Whatever you own is a hunk of junk. How do you like that tough guy?

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So that's not your hunk of junk collection you list?
Whatever you own is a hunk of junk. How do you like that tough guy?

Nope. It's not Kaneda.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How long are you willing to wait?

A day or two until I get my topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.