IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.
#1251 6 years ago

It's a shame there was budget cuts and behind the scenes problems with the series that could have been such a great scene and way to wrap up the show in its last season

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Where/when is Batgirl?

Yep she's in villain multiball. They all break out of gaol...a pretty cool scene

#1253 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I watched that episode last night can't imagine that scene being particularly good for the pin it wasn't exactly great to watch on my tv

Well, let's hope that's not the only appearance of Batgirl that we see. There are certainly far better clips to use. I really want to see an "Enter Batgirl" mode with the transformation, hopping on the Batgirl cycle and kicking some villain butt.

Maybe someone can do some clever editing and we could see Batgirl take on Julie Newmar's Catwoman - talk about a purrrfect cat fight ...

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

She's in the fight sequence for villain multiball alongside Batman and Robin. You can see her fighting the invisible villains until the lights go out then you cant see anything.

Cool! If she's sneaked into game play already, I have confidence that we'll see more of her. Hopefully she'll get a full mode similar to Bat Turn.

#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Cool! If she's sneaked into game play already, I have confidence that we'll see more of her. Hopefully she'll get a full mode similar to Bat Turn.

I wonder if a special Batgirl mode would be in the LE/SLE code only or maybe triggered by Season 3.

#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I wonder if a special Batgirl mode would be in the LE/SLE code only or maybe triggered by Season 3.

I thought code is identical across Prem, LE & SLE? Definitely some sort of Batgirl mode would be great.

Quoted from jfh:

Maybe someone can do some clever editing and we could see Batgirl take on Julie Newmar's Catwoman - talk about a purrrfect cat fight ...

Yeah I just finished watching season 3 (must have missed it as a kid as I don't remember it at all) but I must admit I didn't like the change from Julie Newmar to Eartha Kitt, plus Eartha is not seen anywhere on the game in regards to art so that would ruin the cohesiveness imo.

Either way after .71 I am genuinely excited to see where Lyman takes us with the code after adding a mode that is not on the factory rule card its given me a feeling he could be packing this game with little surprises and modes like he did with TWD and MET

#1257 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought code is identical across Prem, LE & SLE? Definitely some sort of Batgirl mode would be great.

It currently is identical code, but that doesn't mean what happens on every game type is identical. The SLE's supposedly have a special call out coded for the owner (presumably based on serial number or other value triggered by a hardware key), so the code could easily have a "If game is LE or SLE, allow special mode".

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, let's hope that's not the only appearance of Batgirl that we see. There are certainly far better clips to use. ...

#1259 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hopefully, she's in all versions, or else there will be great weeping and gnashing of teeth. It makes sense for the LE to include her, after all, the LE is kind of the Batgirl edition, given her prominent placement on the playfield, translight, and head sides. The SLE should get something special, but I suspect that it will be callout focused. If Stern ever wants to sell more SLEs they should really hit a home room on whatever coded special feature(s) they eventually build into SLE games, otherwise that ship has sailed.

#1260 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

» YouTube video

Lol. Gotham City insured for $10 Million!

"Holy Underwritten Metropolis."

#1261 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Code related
a) Even though there aren't tons of call outs, the importance of incorporating the video and audio to date are outstanding. The feel of the game is quite engaging
b) The bat spinner add was from left field, and with related video/ audio interaction is outstanding. Best feature to date, imho.
What I'm ready to see:
a) Minor Villains!!! Probably #1 for me. Will be nice when choosing, activating these has meaning. I'm sure it's coming.
b) The TV series modes...seems intriguing..believe Lyman has a surprise here.
c) Think the rotisserie needs to speed up a bit. Notification of Batphone often happens before the target is ready
d) Displaying " Penguin Champ, "Gadget champ", etc. on the display at end of game.
e) More callouts, and villain interaction on the TV. I'm sure Lyman will knock this feature out if the park, and will make the rotisserie a complete toy.
That's my short list...anything else is a plus....

Agree with all of this. I'd add to it:

- Better use of the playfield TV. How good would it be if Villain Vision actually showed vision of the villains taunting Batman/player?
- Riddler footage.
- Penguin capturing footage.
- Better villain capturing footage (smoke coming out of a hole for Riddler and Joker’s foot stepping on an explosive = lame).
- Commissioner Gordon announcing villain as (or before) bat phone rings.
- More modes!!

Really excited for what this pinny could become.

#1262 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Hopefully, she's in all versions, or else there will be great weeping and gnashing of teeth. It makes sense for the LE to include her, after all, the LE is kind of the Batgirl edition, given her prominent placement on the playfield, translight, and head sides. The SLE should get something special, but I suspect that it will be callout focused. If Stern ever wants to sell more SLEs they should really hit a home room on whatever coded special feature(s) they eventually build into SLE games, otherwise that ship has sailed.

I actually don't like the idea of having model specific play features but I can see it justified in this case because of the substantive price increase over the normal Pro/Premium/LE model.

And since Batman 66 LE is actually limited - a couple hundred, not a thousand+ (and, as you say, kind of the Batgirl edition), it does make some sense.

#1263 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

- Better use of the playfield TV. How good would it be if Villain Vision actually showed vision of the villains taunting Batman/player?

This was originally pitched as the main feature/use of the Villain Vision playfield LCD from Gomez and part of the gameplay for BM66 so this part should get added soon, which I'm most looking forward to as it sold me on the game.

There is also plenty of footage from the show of the villains taunting and insulting the dynamic duo to use and really make a fully fleshed out immersive feature throughout the villain modes.

#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Better use of the playfield TV. How good would it be if Villain Vision actually showed vision of the villains taunting Batman/player?

Would be ideal if it could show each villain taunting you as you battle them, but the limitation of the turntable is that the TV cant be facing the player during a villain mode. It would have to be when no villains are active. It could be that after you hit a particular villain shot when trying to qualify them, that villain taunts you until you hit another villain.

#1265 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would be ideal if it could show each villain taunting you as you battle them, but the limitation of the turntable is that the TV cant be facing the player during a villain mode. It would have to be when no villains are active. It could be that after you hit a particular villain shot when trying to qualify them, that villain taunts you until you hit another villain.

The turntable behaviour could change as the code develops, bat phone obviously starts modes and that would probably remain the same as it's the narrative in the show. But couldn't the villain modes then have the tv facing the player?

#1266 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The turntable behaviour could change as the code develops, bat phone obviously starts modes and that would probably remain the same as it's the narrative in the show. But couldn't the villain modes then have the tv facing the player?

It could change. But most of the action on the turntable happens with the bat cave/batcar spinner facing. Most importantly, the locks can only be activated and accessed from this side. It's also the atomic pile shot into the bat cave for playfield multipliers also and Bat Turn with the spinner.

Theoretically they could separate battling villains from the multiball/bat turn/multipliers, but that would be a major change in the way the entire code is going.

#1267 6 years ago

Luckily Lyman is a pinhead and player first and foremost so I'm pretty confident he will code the game so its the best "playing" experience it can be.

I remember as he developed TWD at one point during one of the major code drops it felt like he had literally changed the layout by changing the focus of the player and where to shoot, with Lyman on BM I feel confident the more he plays the game the more he will tweak it from a players perspective.

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This was originally pitched as the main feature/use of the Villain Vision playfield LCD from Gomez and part of the gameplay for BM66 so this part should get added soon, which I'm most looking forward to as it sold me on the game.
There is also plenty of footage from the show of the villains taunting and insulting the dynamic duo to use and really make a fully fleshed out immersive feature throughout the villain modes.

This alone will dramatically change the relative interaction and shot selection of the player. A " useless, misplaced toy" will become quite the game changer. Hell, I never even cared about hitting the rotisserie except to engage the Batphone. Now with spinner interaction, it has changed my approach to the game...for the better!!!

#1269 6 years ago

Has anyone come across the following issues in v0.71?

- During a villain, if you capture the villain you get the super jackpot award. However the villain capture score displayed doesn't seem to be added to the player's score. Overall I am getting noticeably lower scores.
- During a villain, usually penguin, if the ball sticks to the bat phone magnet it doesn't release. The game then does a ball search and often drops locked balls, which end your turn if any of the additional balls drain.

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

- During a villain, if you capture the villain you get the super jackpot award. However the villain capture score displayed doesn't seem to be added to the player's score. Overall I am getting noticeably lower scores.
- During a villain, usually penguin, if the ball sticks to the bat phone magnet it doesn't release. The game then does a ball search and often drops locked balls, which end your turn if any of the additional balls drain.

I am positive Lyman will address these issues especially the ball lock issue on the turntable where locked balls are dumped out, there are 3 switches there plus an up post, should be easy enough to code the up post to stay up if one of more of the switches are activisted to keep the locked balls in the turntable.

BM66 has a long way to go with code but after the last update it's become more of an exciting wait than a nervous one.

#1271 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Haven't had the ball releasing issues relative to the magnet. Probably just me, but the magnet appears to " cycle" as well, in other modes...slinging the ball around quite nicely ( more and more similar to Monger magnet effect).

I've been playing it ALOT lately ( as I'll be dismantling the left ramp soon), and a lot of little video things going on that might be hard to catch if only played on location ( particularly in MB, and villain escape MB). I kind of like how BM seems to look up, just before the screen goes to " Christmas tree dark" scenes. I know it wasn't planned, and probably something else might be put in its place, but it's almost like he "sees it" going dark, as well.

Machine still quite fun for me, and can only imagine what a " finished" version of code is going to do for this game!!!

In agreement w JonM, the ball lock issue is an easy fix ( suspect)

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am positive Lyman will address these issues especially the ball lock issue on the turntable where locked balls are dumped out, there are 3 switches there plus an up post, should be easy enough to code the up post to stay up if one of more of the switches are activisted to keep the locked balls in the turntable.

Ball management has been terrible since day one. Ball search resulting in instant-death multiball should be top of the list to fix.

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ball management has been terrible since day one. Ball search resulting in instant-death multiball should be top of the list to fix.

I distinctly remember the progression of code on another game ( your avatar, and I own one), where the multiball issues were a disaster in the beginning....agreed, I'll be happy when it's a non issue ( purposely try to play " around" the known challenge now ( would rather tilt), but the MB is still quite fun, tied to the sounds and video....

#1274 6 years ago

I imagine due to the time frame Lyman has been prioritising adding content over debugging code, pretty sure once he's added some more depth to the game and made it more playable/enjoyable he will focus on squashing code bugs.

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

During a villain, if you capture the villain you get the super jackpot award. However the villain capture score displayed doesn't seem to be added to the player's score. Overall I am getting noticeably lower scores.

It gets added, but it gets added as soon as you hit the scoop, i.e. Before the animation telling you how much it is. So it looks like your not getting it, but it's already been added.

Same applies for the mystery awards, which are actually awarded before the animation tells you what it is.

Again, should be an easy code fix, but guessing it will be at the end. As JonM said, in sure Lyman is more focused on content than "house keeping."

#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It gets added, but it gets added as soon as you hit the scoop, i.e. Before the animation telling you how much it is. So it looks like your not getting it, but it's already been added.
Same applies for the mystery awards, which are actually awarded before the animation tells you what it is.
Again, should be an easy code fix, but guessing it will be at the end. As JonM said, in sure Lyman is more focused on content than "house keeping."

I completely understand they will likely work out many code kinks. I just wanted to share what I am having as I am really confused on what the scoring is doing . I'm uploading a GIF/video and you can see the villain capture isn't added to the score. The super jackpot is added I think right after the scoop and before the animation.

Score before scoop: 22,732,920
Score after scoop: 31,382,920
Difference: 8,650,000

Super Jackpot: 7,675,000
Villain : 16,325,000

Score should have been : 55,382,920 ?

Big Animated Gif --> Joker Jackpot

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

I completely understand they will likely work out many code kinks. I just wanted to share what I am having as I am really confused on what the scoring is doing . I'm uploading a GIF/video and you can see the villain capture isn't added to the score. The super jackpot is added I think right after the scoop and before the animation.

Yeh, I see what you mean. Will check it out next time I play.

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Tested on my game and found the same thing also. I'm almost certain this was not the case on .7, so it looks like a bug in .71 .

But then I was thinking maybe the Capture Villain score it isn't actually a bonus score, it's a total of what you earnt shooting the villain shots in the mode, including the jackpot at the end.

#1279 6 years ago

I think you might be right that it is just reporting what you earned "chasing" the villain. It works a little differently on the penguin. It's impossible for me to make the math add up in either scenario. I'm having a harder time with getting bigger scores on v.70 vs v.71. Loving the game.

#1280 6 years ago

Good news is with SW being pushed back and I guess Sterns releases in general this year unless they release something earlier than planned later in the year to catch up, its hopefully given Lyman a little more time and breathing room to get BM66 up to scratch on the clock rather than on his own time

#1281 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

I have had this issue even in earlier code releases. But, knowing it, if I give the machine e a decent nudge when it's supposed to release, the ball will fall from the magnet. Not ideal, but at least in not going through the ball search for no reason anymore.

Problem is it sucks for anyone who doesn't know it & they still have the issue.

#1282 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get copies of the older revisions? It looks like Stern only has the latest available on their website.

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

I have had this issue even in earlier code releases. But, knowing it, if I give the machine e a decent nudge when it's supposed to release, the ball will fall from the magnet. Not ideal, but at least in not going through the ball search for no reason anymore.
Problem is it sucks for anyone who doesn't know it & they still have the issue.

Just a random thought here, but you might want to check to see if you don't have 1 ball that has become magnetized and is sticking to the core, or that the core is set down a bit and the ball is hanging on the lip. The reason I say that is my magnet really grabs the ball and I don't think a nudge would get it to drop so easy. Maybe the magnet is releasing, but there is something else holding the ball there? Just a thought.

#1284 6 years ago

It is definitely still being held by the magnet....not set down too low and being held on the lip. I don't know anything about magnetized balls but I can find a way to check. Thanks.

#1285 6 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

It is definitely still being held by the magnet....not set down too low and being held on the lip. I don't know anything about magnetized balls but I can find a way to check. Thanks.

They sometimes get magnetized....especially the cheaper ones. All you need is a small piece of steel to see if it sticks! If you have one that is, get rid of it immediately.

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

They sometimes get magnetized....especially the cheaper ones. All you need is a small piece of steel to see if it sticks! If you have one that is, get rid of it immediately.

Change them all, and be real careful picking the balls you use...many threads on this...some magnetize quicker than others. And some ( like silver jets) should never be used in a machine w magnets....put a set in my WOZ a long time ago...man, the machine went crazy!!!

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Take the balls out of the game, and put them together along the lockdown bar/glass of another game. pull one of the end ones and see if they all move together.

#1288 6 years ago

Had a new set of balls in it from Marcos. They were magnetized after about 1 month.

#1289 6 years ago

Yeah, maybe 3 of mine are magnetized. Now I need to look for the threads on this & order some. (Or anyone feel free to pm me what they think, so we don't clog up this thread OT...thanks). Good call & thanks Manimal!

#1290 6 years ago

Any idea if we are getting code this week?

Also, how would people feel if Stern released a new AC/DC with the new display?

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I hear its not new display and will be Sam, but wouldnt worry me at all, as id probably buy one (again ). I think its a great idea, especially if the art is good.

#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'd like to see more BM66 code soon but I'd also happily wait a couple more weeks if it means another substations update like the Bat-Turn update.

I don't see what they could really do with an LCD other than show concert/music video footage or custom animation like Aerosmith neither of which I'm a fan of, I would rather see any potentially extra VE $$$$ spent on new art and really make AC/DC VE pop, the art on the original releases was the weakest aspect certainly on the pro. New art would be a great selling point for music pin fans, would allow AC/DC to sit much more cohesively with MET and AERO

#1293 6 years ago

I do not know. I think upgrading older games to a newer display would crash the collectors market resulting in a decrease in future revenue.

#1294 6 years ago

I would be amazed if a new update was out this week. Believe me, I would love for us to get off this 5 week release cycle and be closer to 3 but won't hold my breath.

As for an ACDC VE, I don't understand why they even would at this point. They're still working through a 2 month backlog on production. AS is selling well for them and will likely continue until SW is announced. At which point production will likely be overloaded until year's end.

#1295 6 years ago

If they do an AC/DC VE, that would be great for those that would like a NIB AC/DC, but you know it will weigh 30 pounds less than the original and won't quite play as well either, just like we've seen with Iron Man and Spider-Man. It would probably have better art and sound, however.

#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If they do an AC/DC VE, that would be great for those that would like a NIB AC/DC, but you know it will weigh 30 pounds less than the original and won't quite play as well either, just like we've seen with Iron Man and Spider-Man. It would probably have better art and sound, however.

???

I have Iron Man VE and Spidey VE.

They weigh just as much as my Star Trek LE.

Thise 2 games play great too.

#1297 6 years ago

IMVE and SMVE play ok, but they don't play as well as the originals. SMVE weighs about 40 pounds less, for starters (260 pounds unboxed for SM vs. 230 boxed for SMVE). Still fantastic games, but you can feel the cost cutting when you are playing them. They're just not as stout.

#1298 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

IMVE and SMVE play ok, but they don't play as well as the originals. SMVE weighs about 40 pounds less, for starters (260 pounds unboxed for SM vs. 230 boxed for SMVE). Still fantastic games, but you can feel the cost cutting when you are playing them. They're just not as stout.

Interesting as this would be because of the new cabinets?

I played both and couldn't tell the difference in IM VE. On SMVE I could tell as there are significant changes. Goblin not moving, magnet and doc ock shot seems different.

#1299 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't agree that a heavier game is a better game. The new switching power supplies are lighter than the older iron core transformers. Newer electronics mean smaller boards and less wiring which also leads to lighter games. When I move a game up the stairs I'm grateful for the lighter weight.

#1300 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I had IM and now have IMve...plays and feels exactly the same to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it/page/26?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.