IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 31.
#1151 6 years ago

Funny trivia on the batmobile parachute pickup service.

#1152 6 years ago

Can't wait to try the code tonight. I've noticed that Stern hasn't advertised the code drop on their FB page. Are they not proud of it? ...

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(I wonder if the bat parachute pickup van will make an appearance)

Yes! Just played it and can confirm that batmobile parachute pickup service is in the game.

This is a great mode that shows how much the big LCD can add to the fun. Great video and music showing batman hitting the bat turn activator, the chutes getting deployed, batmobile spinning with batman and robin hanging on for dear life, and of course the parachute pickup van. Very cool mode.

rps20170427_215207 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215207 (resized).jpg

rps20170427_215150 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215150 (resized).jpg

rps20170427_215337 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215337 (resized).jpg

rps20170427_215255 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215255 (resized).jpg

rps20170427_215234 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215234 (resized).jpg

rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Can't wait to try the code tonight. I've noticed that Stern hasn't advertised the code drop on their FB page. Are they not proud of it? ...

Wasn't it late in the day when the code dropped? Maybe Lyman was working overtime while everyone else had left for the day? Either way great to see code drop, is it a BIG update like Gomez said it would be for those that have updated?

Edit: should have said does it feel like the big update Gomez said it would be? The new mode (which doesn't appear to be on the score cards) is awesome! I hope there are more Lymanesqe modes added.

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes! Just played it and can confirm that batmobile parachute pickup service is in the game.
This is a great mode that shows how much the big LCD can add to the fun. Great video and music showing batman hitting the bat turn activator, the chutes getting deployed, batmobile spinning with batman and robin hanging on for dear life, and of course the parachute pickup van. Very cool mode.

This mode ABSOLUTELY turns the " lame" turntable into a great shot, with added scoring, music and excellent video adds!!! It is now crazy fun to hit the bat mobile spinner, as it's value appears to interact with the other modes, as well. Speaking of the modes, there are subtle video adds to a lot of the scenes...really bringing a more " connected" feel to the video/ gameplay aspect.

I don't care what rev it is...this one has added a lot of fun to the game...it really gives a slight peek at what Lyman is capable of with this title....no one in hell imagined how cool the batmobile spinner was going to be....no one!!! Thank you Stern, for being a part of this journey!!!

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It's the first time the video clips have seemed to be interactive. A welcome addition. The game needs a LOT more of this.

#1157 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I don't care what rev it is...this one has added a lot of fun to the game...it really gives a slight peek at what Lyman is capable of with this title....no one in hell imagined how cool the batmobile spinner was going to be....no one!!! Thank you Stern, for being a part of this journey!!!

It's still bare bones, but I think this revision has done just enough to make this "route ready" (it only took 5 months). I have to talk it over with the operator, but I'm going to recommend putting it out now.

#1158 6 years ago

I just tried to update and got an error "Invalid configuration...contact your distributor".... ????

#1159 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have to talk it over with the operator, but I'm going to recommend putting it out now.

Thank God. Maybe now we can stop hearing your incessant complaining about the code.

#1160 6 years ago

Original Batmobile sells for $4.6 million..

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Code is up. 5 Weeks for....version 0.71. I don't care what any Gomez apologists want to say, there's NO WAY that .71 has 5 weeks worth of full-time programming work added to the 0.70 base of 5 weeks ago.

You don't know what has been added. You can only see what shows in gameplay. If we get something as major as a new mode in a .01 release, then 1.00 will be some epic code.

Try looking at the glass as 1/2 full, rather than 1/2 empty for a change. Or look at it as the glass being almost 3/4 full.

#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's still bare bones, but I think this revision has done just enough to make this "route ready" (it only took 5 months). I have to talk it over with the operator, but I'm going to recommend putting it out now.

If it's still " bare bones", scary to think how great it will be when finished. As is, more fun than many games I have played. I know things are missing, but what is there is pretty damn good!!!

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You don't know what has been added. You can only see what shows in gameplay. If we get something as major as a new mode in a .01 release, then 1.00 will be some epic code.
Try looking at the glass as 1/2 full, rather than 1/2 empty for a change. Or look at it as the glass being almost 3/4 full.

Agreed...I watched my game go through an extensive node verification, update, test, install, confirm sequence several times before it said everything successful. A lot of behind the scenes stuff, I believe, on this one...

#1164 6 years ago

Awesome baby!

Gotta load it up now.

At .71 this will be a loaded masterpiece when Lyman is done.

#1165 6 years ago

Crap, I'm thinking on going back to work to download this thing high speed. Home internet speed blows!!!

#1166 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I just tried to update and got an error "Invalid configuration...contact your distributor".... ????

I got same thing. Then hit button and it went in to updater.

But when I got to final part to update button did nothing.

Have You ever done an update on your game prior??? I hadn't as my game was late delivery in March and Stern sent the new code on an SD disk so just swapped them.

You may have a bad board if You had never done an update previously with USB stick.

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

That's the Canuck detector that was just added. If it detects that you have an English game in Canada, it bombs out. It has to be all French now or Quebec won't allow it anywhere in Canada.

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If it's still " bare bones", scary to think how great it will be when finished. As is, more fun than many games I have played. I know things are missing, but what is there is pretty damn good!!!

Like I said, this is the release that brings the machine to the bare level of acceptability. It should have been this back in December, and it still would have been an almost to Beta release. Bat Turn and Villain Escape are a lot more fun, but I don't get why the room is dark when you're rounding them up.

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Crap, I'm thinking on going back to work to download this thing high speed. Home internet speed blows!!!

Whatever Stern's using is throttled, so it doesn't matter THAT much as long as you have reasonable speed at home. It should take like 5 minutes to download on a 100mb connection, but generally takes me 20-30 minutes.

#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Did you use the quick install with or without verify on? Might just be a bad download file or your SD card had a bad spot in it.

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whatever Stern's using is throttled, so it doesn't matter THAT much as long as you have reasonable speed at home. It should take like 5 minutes to download on a 100mb connection, but generally takes me 20-30 minutes.

I'm at 3 hrs. Canceled it!

So manana it is for me

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm at 3 hrs. Canceled it!
So manana it is for me

What's your internet speed down?

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you use the quick install with or without verify on? Might just be a bad download file or your SD card had a bad spot in it.

I don't even get the option to do a quick install. This was a replacement Spike2 board that was just sent to me (the first one died recently). I am guessing it wasn't configured correctly at Stern? I also tried two different SD cards (both verified as good since one was on my old Spike board and one on the new Spike board) so that can't be it. I might try a different USB but I just did a regular format for Fat32 so I was hoping any errors would have been reported.

#1174 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's the Canuck detector that was just added. If it detects that you have an English game in Canada, it bombs out. It has to be all French now or Quebec won't allow it anywhere in Canada.

I did notice there is a Canada1 and Canada2 dip settings. Not sure why Canada has two different settings.

#1175 6 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Original Batmobile sells for $4.6 million..
» YouTube video

Wanna go half's ?

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I got same thing. Then hit button and it went in to updater.
But when I got to final part to update button did nothing.
Have You ever done an update on your game prior??? I hadn't as my game was late delivery in March and Stern sent the new code on an SD disk so just swapped them.
You may have a bad board if You had never done an update previously with USB stick.

Start button? Service button? Flipper Button?

As mentioned in previous post, this is a new replacement Spike board, sent with .70 on it. Game plays fine but won't update.

It would almost be easier if Stern had an IMG image to download and write direct to the SD Card.

And don't get me going on taking 2 hours to download the image! Stern needs to figure out torrents.

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I did notice there is a Canada1 and Canada2 dip settings. Not sure why Canada has two different settings.

Stupid Quebec elitists. Ruining Canada for Canadians, one dip switch at a time.

#1178 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

And don't get me going on taking 2 hours to download the image!

What's your internet speed?

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I don't even get the option to do a quick install. This was a replacement Spike2 board that was just sent to me (the first one died recently). I am guessing it wasn't configured correctly at Stern? I also tried two different SD cards (both verified as good since one was on my old Spike board and one on the new Spike board) so that can't be it. I might try a different USB but I just did a regular format for Fat32 so I was hoping any errors would have been reported.

Also did you try a factory reset in the system settings? I recently had a Metallica Prem problem where coining up made it reset every time. Factory reset solved it.

#1180 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This mode ABSOLUTELY turns the " lame" turntable into a great shot, with added scoring, music and excellent video adds!!! It is now crazy fun to hit the bat mobile spinner, as it's value appears to interact with the other modes, as well. Speaking of the modes, there are subtle video adds to a lot of the scenes...really bringing a more " connected" feel to the video/ gameplay aspect.
I don't care what rev it is...this one has added a lot of fun to the game...it really gives a slight peek at what Lyman is capable of with this title....no one in hell imagined how cool the batmobile spinner was going to be....no one!!!

I totally agree. I was initially kind of disappointed after reviewing the read-me and seeing only a .01 incremental code change. But, this update was surprisingly substantial in unexpected "Lyman" ways. Villain Escape feels like a complete mini-wizard mode now, and the parachute turn mode is really cool and interactive, as others have said. Too bad there's not an insert for it to clue you in that it's an available mode, kind of like Bogey Ramps in IM. It also stacks with various villains. I hope we get some more surprises like that added in. If we do get more unexpected and interactive modes like it, this game really could be another TWD.

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your internet speed?

60mbps

I also tried on a completely different network and had the same results.

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

60mbps

Try rebooting your computer and router and see if that helps.

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

60mbps

Hmm...

#1184 6 years ago

Just for your info: I just downloaded the update in 4 minutes and 12 seconds. Was happy about that because the previous update (on this same connection here) took me about 6 hours to download.

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Just for your info: I just downloaded the update in 4 minutes and 12 seconds. Was happy about that because the previous update (on this same connection here) took me about 6 hours to download.

Yeah, fast for me now, too. Must have just been everyone going to get it at once.

#1186 6 years ago

did the riddler get his tv footage added yet ??

#1187 6 years ago

I didn't see any new changes to the 4 main villains yet. By far the biggest area I want to see updates occur.

#1188 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I didn't see any new changes to the 4 main villains yet. By far the biggest area I want to see updates occur.

My guess is that will happen at the end, once everything is functional and all modes are in.

#1189 6 years ago

I was just looking again at this thread title, which is basically a question, when will the code be done. I was previously wondering the same, a bit cantankerous about the progress of code so far, looking purely at the numbers, as .70 is barely a D grade compared to 1.0 an A, in old school grading obviously. Since playing .71 and enjoying Bat Turn mode I've changed my outlook more positively to what game play master stroke improvement opportunities might lie in that 30% delta. So now I think I wouldn't have a problem if Lyman kept doing .01 increments every 5 weeks, providing that they're as substantial as .71 turned out to be.

Bat Turn mode was a huge out of the blue surprise that really added some meat to the game and brought out more of the cool campiness of the theme. I think a few more innovative additions like that will take the game to a new level. Imagine a similar Batgirl mode to stack with and help capture villains, for example. Or building a Batbelt through a gadget hurry up mode, or so many other possibilities based upon 3 years of shows. Anyway, now that I've been reminded of Lyman's innovation, my patience reservoir is now restocked and I'm excited about the game again.

#1190 6 years ago

Great post Taz and we'll said, Bat-Turn seems to have pleased everyone even those that where all out of patience, which says a lot about Lymans skills and magic with code.

If Lyman can add a few more modes (a Batgirl mode would be great like you said as a park/booster plus to get her some spotlight and her code/audio assets incorporated on a greater level) thst are not listed on the rule card and add more depth like he did with TWD & MET Stern might just end up hitting their SLE attempt out the park with one of the best titles, which honestly needs to happen when we are talking SLE money.

But again it's Lyman that's saving the day for Stern and slowly pointing BM in the direction of possible greatness.

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I was just looking again at this thread title, which is basically a question, when will the code be done. I was previously wondering the same, a bit cantankerous about the progress of code so far, looking purely at the numbers, as .70 is barely a D grade compared to 1.0 an A, in old school grading obviously. Since playing .71 and enjoying Bat Turn mode I've changed my outlook more positively to what game play master stroke improvement opportunities might lie in that 30% delta. So now I think I wouldn't have a problem if Lyman kept doing .01 increments every 5 weeks, providing that they're as substantial as .71 turned out to be.
Bat Turn mode was a huge out of the blue surprise that really added some meat to the game and brought out more of the cool campiness of the theme. I think a few more innovative additions like that will take the game to a new level. Imagine a similar Batgirl mode to stack with and help capture villains, for example. Or building a Batbelt through a gadget hurry up mode, or so many other possibilities based upon 3 years of shows. Anyway, now that I've been reminded of Lyman's innovation, my patience reservoir is now restocked and I'm excited about the game again.

Well said!

#1192 6 years ago

This update sure helped change my mind about the possibility of putting my BM66LE up for sale. That bat turn comes completely out of the blue. No way of knowing this would be in there. It sure seems that this will be Lymans baby for sure if he keeps this up.

It helps that he is a great player and therefore knows exactly what is already done and he is known for being creative, as he shows here. Also his love and knowledge of the BM66 series shines through in this update.

Very excited for what is coming.

#1193 6 years ago

Beer in hand. Several in the ice box.

Flipping ASLE while i'm loading up new BM66 code!

F yeah. Getting a tingle down my leg.

#1194 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Getting a tingle down my leg.

Sure you don't mean a trickle? That's probably too much beer and getting over excited with new BM code

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

60mbps

They are sending Me a new board. Was Your board bad also???

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

They are sending Me a new board. Was Your board bad also???

Yup, getting a new board.

#1197 6 years ago

Just curious, I assume Lyman codes the rules and makes sure everything works together. Are others involved on programming video, lights and sound to work with the rules/shots?

Be sure to give them some credit too if that's true.

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Code is up. 5 Weeks for....version 0.71. I don't care what any Gomez apologists want to say, there's NO WAY that .71 has 5 weeks worth of full-time programming work added to the 0.70 base of 5 weeks ago. No WAY. Gomez needs to get re-acquainted with telling the truth.

You still babbling about what you think is in a point release and what someone else does?! This release is huge.

#1199 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Code is up. 5 Weeks for....version 0.71. I don't care what any Gomez apologists want to say, there's NO WAY that .71 has 5 weeks worth of full-time programming work added to the 0.70 base of 5 weeks ago. No WAY. Gomez needs to get re-acquainted with telling the truth.

This will be last time I post this!

They had a terrible time with Stern employees passing the Flu from one to another. If You get the Flu it will take You down for 2 weeks and word is programmers got it.

We got code in 5 weeks and Your bitching. And code that appears to have completely changed gameplay.

Go buy a KISS or WoF and wait for Your freakin' code! I would've thought You didn't own BM66 after reading Your post???

#1200 6 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

This will be last time I post this!
They had a terrible time with Stern employees passing the Flu from one to another. If You get the Flu it will take You down for 2 weeks and word is programmers got it.
You got code in 5 weeks and Your bitching. And code that appears to have completely changed gameplay.
Go buy a KISS or WoF and wait for Your freakin' code! I would've thought You didn't own game after reading Your post???
Need Your address to send You a box of disposable diapers!

WTF was that? Read the post you are quoting....I don't think Neil was bitching about the code release. And for the record, I don't think there was any flu epidemic at Stern that delayed anything. This release took Lyman a few extra weeks...so fricking what?.....Jesus, how do these rumors get started? I have it on good authority that some employees now have the Black Plague, so we can expect 40% of them not to make it.......lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it/page/24?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.