IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 31.
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

He has...his whole career. Let's not pretend that Vic isn't a very accomplished professional.
Just because you don't want B66 to receive criticism, it doesn't mean that Vic isn't right and that he's not speaking from real life experience.
Stern's code support is awful. There are bugs on Ghostbusters that should have been cleaned up by now. WWELE can't even be completed. KISS has huge issues. Star Trek has a nasty hanging bug. B66 is in a joke state for a released game. All this shouldn't be excused away. The "ship and patch it later" mentality only works if those patches are released quickly and consistently to the point where the end product is actually finished. Ghostbusters needs work, but they keep shipping games.
People need to stop giving Stern a pass or they'll never change. Needless whining isn't helpful, but holding a company to the appropriate amount of accountability is.

On my way out the door, but:

1. There are a lot of us that are very accomplished individuals. It doesn't mean we are right at everything.

2. Bugs...well there are bugs in pretty much any software release these days. I work in the gaming world too and code has become so complex, what used to be a walk of shame is now just an ordinary issue to put on the list to be fixed. It's unfortunately the world we live in. Some get fixed, others do not. It is ultimately a business decision of risk vs reward in many cases, and we are not here talking other games anyway.....we can do that in those threads and maybe I would agree with you on some of your points.

3. I never said we shouldn't expect good things, or hold the company accountable. I also am not defending the game itself...it has some physical issues that I know I have to live with. My point is that we are all can be very self-centered and impatient when we are the ones waiting for something. In this case there are a lot of accusations being made that have no factual basis. The one thing that IS fact, is that in this case is that the market was well informed of the lack of code before these games were sold. We all just need to take a breather and let Lyman do his thing.

#1002 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I call BS. You were responding to my post where "conspiracy" was used in a humorous manner. You will just use any excuse to bash the state of the code on this game. Trust me - EVERYONE in this thread knows how you feel about the game because you never miss an opportunity to repeat it.

Look, in your case, the solution is simple. If you are so upset by reality, stop posting things that involve me.

Quoted from jfh:

I don't see anyone giving Stern a pass on code support, but BM66 is a different situation. Everyone knew (or should have known) about the alpha code state when they bought the game.

100% apologist bull. Everyone knew it would be unfinished, but NO ONE could have known to what unprecedented level it would not be even close to complete. Modern Stern has literally never shipped a game in Alpha state, and that's what I would say BM'66 is still in- Alpha, even four months later. When it didn't flip in October, I think most people (including me) were prepared for beta-level code. The reality was worse than that.

#1003 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes. It's Stern. This isn't a shock. Everyone knew what was coming when people weren't allowed to play it at Expo in October ...and you STILL gave them that much money. You knew what you were buying and you got what you paid for.

I bought it for the artwork.

The code will be there....patience young grasshopper.

#1005 7 years ago

Nope...you said your game arrives hopefully Sunday....load in .7, make sure the little things are snug, and enjoy it as is until the new code drops. I got the "super jackpot, or is it?" callout last night. The game is alot of fun to just play...

#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nope...you said your game arrives hopefully Sunday....load in .7, make sure the little things are snug, and enjoy it as is until the new code drops. I got the "super jackpot, or is it?" callout last night. The game is alot of fun to just play...

I don't mind the wait as I know Lyman will see us right, I will be bullet proofing it before I probably even play one game so by the time I have done that we will probably have another 2 updates

#1007 7 years ago

I'm ready, USB stick in hand, hoping for a code drop, but we're running out of daylight.

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm ready, USB stick in hand, hoping for a code drop, but we're running out of daylight.

me too...sitting at my speedy workstation w blazing download bandwidth, but my coach is calling me....

#1009 7 years ago

still hoping code drops today.

#1010 7 years ago

I think it would be in Sterns best interest to drop some kind of code today. Even if it's not BM66. It's a holiday weekend for most and when was the last time they dropped significant code for any of their dozens of machines?

#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I think it would be in Sterns best interest to drop some kind of code today. Even if it's not BM66. It's a holiday weekend for most and when was the last time they dropped significant code for any of their dozens of machines?

They often do sneak out code before a holiday or a longer weekend. They've been really quiet about saying any sort of code updates are coming though. Batman would be the most likely candidate, and Aerosmith was recently updated anyway. I would love to see Ghostbusters get a bug cleanup release, but all hands are on deck for Star Wars right now. GB is lower priority.

#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

all hands are on deck for Star Wars right now.

That's all well and good but if they need hands on their current titles to finish those off, after BM66 I personally won't be buying anymore nib games from Stern unless their attitude to their customers, quality and code change and I would have probably brought Star War.

#1013 7 years ago

Next Thursday maybe.

#1014 7 years ago

Unfortunately, no one including GG apparently has been able to accurately predict when the code updates for this game will be available.

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look, in your case, the solution is simple. If you are so upset by reality, stop posting things that involve me.

100% apologist bull. Everyone knew it would be unfinished, but NO ONE could have known to what unprecedented level it would not be even close to complete. Modern Stern has literally never shipped a game in Alpha state, and that's what I would say BM'66 is still in- Alpha, even four months later. When it didn't flip in October, I think most people (including me) were prepared for beta-level code. The reality was worse than that.

Of course BM66 is / was going to be in Alpha state. We knew that at Expo. Or at least anyone that bothered to do their homework did. Most (reasonable) people did not expect otherwise nor were they given any reason to believe so. The game was accelerated at least 5-6 months and it was well know that Lyman was working on Spike 2.

You (and your OP friend) seem to be the only ones that didn't / don't understand this. Because you are disappointed and want to sell the game, you want everyone else to feel the same or buy into the fallacy that Stern misled everyone on BM66.

Just admit it - you screwed up. That doesn't mean the rest of us who like the game did.

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Well, I'm putting away my USB stick for this week and picking up a Jack and Coke. Thankfully, I have Tron, IM, and TWD to kick my butt over the weekend. This ups the ante though, I'm now expecting gadgets or minor villains in the next update. Anything less.....and I'll have to wait longer. Happy Easter, or the Spring holiday of your choice everyone!

#1017 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Because you are disappointed and want to sell the game, you want everyone else to feel the same or buy into the fallacy that Stern misled everyone on BM66.
Just admit it - you screwed up. That doesn't mean the rest of us who like the game did.

Misery loves company...it's what drives a lot of the hate threads ( I actually think the Op is not in this boat though, he seems to be dealing with the wait better now). Slow code release and an expensive game are a perfect storm for this.

It's unfortunate, and I'm trying not to post/ engage much lately as it's truly pathetic ( spread across 2 or 3 threads).

I'm excited for the code to get finished ( knowing it will take time), I'm excited about working on a great ramp design for the game ( knowing it will take time), but I'm most excited that I own one, and have the chance to enjoy the journey, as it's a keeper for me.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Well, I'm putting away my USB stick for this week and picking up a Jack and Coke. Thankfully, I have Tron, IM, and TWD to kick my butt over the weekend. This ups the ante though, I'm now expecting gadgets or minor villains in the next update. Anything less.....and I'll have to wait longer. Happy Easter, or the Spring holiday of your choice everyone!

You're a great voice on Pinside....much appreciated...

#1019 7 years ago

Code might be slow but at least most people in this thread have had the fun of playing their BM66, our UK games finally arrive in the UK this Sunday so by next Friday we might be lucky enough to flip ours for the first time, can't wait to crack this game open, bullet proofing, tweaking and modding to my tastes will see me through a couple more code releases.

#1020 7 years ago

Other than code has anyone heard anything from Stern regarding official mods/accessories for BM66? Was there ever a list released from Stern of potential extras planned other than the side art (which LE owners got anyway which was cool) and the bat signal for the toppers?

#1021 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Because you are disappointed and want to sell the game, you want everyone else to feel the same or buy into the fallacy that Stern misled everyone on BM66.

If unloading the pin is the goal, then coming here and being much more honest than anyone else here about the serious shortcomings it has is a retarded way to go about that, don't you think? The pin's up on the marketplace if someone wants to pay the price, but it will likely live at my house, mostly ignored except when we get the tiny advancements on the Gomez Drops every 3-5 weeks. Once there's a game there, it will go on route if it isn't sold, as was the original plan in December before we saw how terrible and non-route-ready the code was.

Your genius assessment and opinion is not the only one out there, nor is it the de-facto correct one. I can accept that you love Batman 66 so much you're willing to pretend there's more to the game than there currently is. You should be able to accept that other people have a more realistic assessment.

#1022 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Being told to use proper lubricants was great advice, but why does that mean that you should throw your WD-40 in the trash? Not sure I understand?

WD-40 isn't a long term lubricant. It is flammable right after you spray it (great around sparks from switches if you hit the stoichiometric ratio correct). It then attracts dirt and dust. Next it all turns into a gummy substance. At this point it isn't just not lubricating, it is making the issue worse by restricting movement. Finally if left alone it will turn into a solid mass like a varnish. you tend to see this in EMs where things needed a bit of work, but someone "fixed" it with WD-40. The game might work for a bit, and then it will be worse.

Look, as far as pinball machines, WD-40 is awesome for pulling out rusted leg levelers that are being replaced. A shot on that, and let it sit. But don't use it as a lubricant.

(I know, way off topic, but it was asked)

#1023 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

it will go on route if it isn't sold, as was the original plan in December before we saw how terrible and non-route-ready the code was.

Thanks for proving my point - you were indeed clueless in December. I bought my game in January and I knew enough (and confirmed with my distributor) to know that any code I saw on the game before June was a bonus. And you are bound and determined to blame your lack of due diligence on Stern and anyone else you can shift blame to.

And your constant harping on one point is not the same as "a realistic assessment".

#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for proving my point - you were indeed clueless in December. I bought my game in January and I knew enough (and confirmed with my distributor) to know that any code I saw on the game before June was a bonus. And you are bound and determined to blame your lack of due diligence on Stern and anyone else you can shift blame to.
And your constant harping on one point is not the same as "a realistic assessment".

I have no idea what point you're making because you talking to your distributor in January is not the same as me getting on the list in November. Derp. The amount of information that was out when you bought AFTER release, and TWO MONTHS later was exponentially greater because the machine was in the wild (and in my house) by the end of December.

And yeah, the fact that Batman'66 is in alpha STILL, and Lyman is not working on it 100% of his time is a very realistic assessment based on the Gomez Drops we're seeing. I'll also say that the next drop will happen before the May 4th Star Wars announcement and will be more substantial than any that have come to date because Stern might try the SLE thing again, and they need some goodwill for a few weeks.

#1025 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

because Stern might try the SLE thing again, and they need some goodwill for a few weeks.

That is a valid point, Stern really do need to show some acknowledgement/communication with regards to BM in order to keep the good will in their SLE customers, after all there must be a reasonably small percentage of us that can afford a SLE to begin with, I know I could financially but couldn't justify it to myself when compared to the LE, so for that reason I wont ever be a SLE buyer, but if Stern do plan to and it would only seem logical if BMSLE was a success for them financially that they will do it again, then the buyer experience of the SLE needs to be a positive one, should almost be their #1 focus going forward.

#1026 7 years ago

Gomez mentioned new code has a lot of new features and is in test. If all goes well, then Thursday for a release.

I'm really digging Aerosmith right now. I only wish it had more songs. Game is solid

BM66 code will add a bunch of stuff. No movie clips though.

#1027 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Gomez mentioned new code has a lot of new features and is in test. If all goes well, then Thursday for a release.

Thanks again Hank for the update, did George mention what stopped the code hitting this week gone? I know there was a major bug the week before was the bug that big or was another week just to add more into the code prior to test? Just curious if anything was mentioned?

Would like to see crane mods receive a light show and fx on par with BDK, our games arrived in the U.K today so a big update couldn't be timed any better

#1028 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm really digging Aerosmith right now. I only wish it had more songs. Game is solid

Nice...thanks for the updates.....

#1029 7 years ago

I've unfortunately gotten to the point where I could care less whether there's an update this week. Cabinet has begun to split like so many others. There's a 15 page thread and no one can seem to agree on a proper fix or how to prevent from happening. So my defective machine sits collecting dust. Was too busy during the Holiday with family to be bothered worrying about fixing my 2 month old $7600 machine. Seriously considering selling as is and letting new owner worry about it. When I think about what I went through to get this damn thing it makes me sick. Finished with Stern 1000%.

#1030 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

you talking to your distributor in January is not the same as me getting on the list in November. Derp. The amount of information that was out when you bought AFTER release, and TWO MONTHS later was exponentially greater because the machine was in the wild (and in my house) by the end of December.

Buzzzz. Wrong. Thanks for playing.

I asked my distributor if expectations had changed since Expo. He said no (other than games were starting to be delivered).

If you didn't understand the situation in November, you simply weren't paying attention or were blissfully in denial.

The only people to blame for your situation are you and your buddy. How many times do we have to point out the obvious before you finally understand that?

#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I doubt we will see any audio or video assets other than those already in the code. But there's a lot in there we haven't seen in game play.

#1032 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I doubt we will see any audio or video assets other than those already in the code. But there's a lot in there we haven't seen in game play.

I think Hank might be referring to clips from the 66 Movie, the game has to add in the villian vision feature thetbalong should add a tonne of video clips, there's way too many in the code not to be used we should see a tonne more audio and video assists added just none from the movie unfortunately- but hey that's what pinball browser is for

#1033 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I've unfortunately gotten to the point where I could care less whether there's an update this week. Cabinet has begun to split like so many others. There's a 15 page thread and no one can seem to agree on a proper fix or how to prevent from happening. So my defective machine sits collecting dust. Was too busy during the Holiday with family to be bothered worrying about fixing my 2 month old $7600 machine. Seriously considering selling as is and letting new owner worry about it. When I think about what I went through to get this damn thing it makes me sick. Finished with Stern 1000%.

Majorly sad for you...immediately pulled my flashlight out and looked at all 4 of my seams after thread came out...mine appear to be ok. Hopefully, this stuff gets remedied in future releases. Quality and code definitely need to be on task for them to get these prices moving forward. I'm only one pin away from being " full" (AlienLE, when it finally shows). Anxious to see / compare quality, etc. between my nib purchases ( JJP, Stern, and Heighway). Hope all the best for you, regardless of the outcome...

#1034 7 years ago

Thanks MK...a true class act.

#1035 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think Hank might be referring to clips from the 66 Movie

Has anyone confirmed Stern has a license to use assets from the movie? The movie and series are controlled by different entities (unless something has changed in the last couple years).

#1036 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Has anyone confirmed Stern has a license to use assets from the movie? The movie and series are controlled by different entities (unless something has changed in the last couple years).

I didnt see/hear any clips from the movie when looking at the code via pinball browser. My guess is they only have rights to the show itself.

#1037 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

George has stated to a few Pinsiders they don't have licence to use film assests, once pinball browser is able to read Spike 2 we can fix that ourselves though!

#1038 7 years ago

What are the cabinet issues? Can you not put wood glue and tie downs to fix this? Or brackets with screws.

#1039 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What are the cabinet issues? Can you not put wood glue and tie downs to fix this? Or brackets with screws.

Have fun!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I didnt see/hear any clips from the movie when looking at the code via pinball browser.

Could be why the name of this game is "Batman, the Classic TV Series" How did I figure that out? It says it on the side of the head.

#1041 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Could be why the name of this game is "Batman, the Classic TV Series" How did I figure that out? It says it on the side of the head.

Pinball Browser!? We will see about that

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That green batman logo has been used on all the recent classic 66 batman products (figures, collectibles, toys, etc). I guess they want to make sure no one confuses the adam west batman with the christian bale batman or the affleck batman since they are so similar to one another

batmanclassic (resized).pngbatmanclassic (resized).png

#1043 7 years ago

Sounds better than Batman 66. Who made that up. lol

I suppose the intent there was to not confuse it with another classic TV show from a few years prior, Route 66.

#1044 7 years ago

Probably should have gone with this.

BATMAN_IN_COLOR (resized).jpgBATMAN_IN_COLOR (resized).jpg

#1045 7 years ago

This next update better be panty dropping amazing. Patience and goodwill wearing thinner by the week

How's everyone else holding up?

#1046 7 years ago

code-1 (resized).jpgcode-1 (resized).jpg

#1047 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

This next update better be panty dropping amazing. Patience and goodwill wearing thinner by the week
How's everyone else holding up?

Hanging in there, but admit I'm quite excited for what is hopefully a substantial update. Hope Op has a good pulse on the situation....looking for a good tomorrow!!!

#1048 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hanging in there, but admit I'm quite excited for what is hopefully a substantial update. Hope Op has a good pulse on the situation....looking for a good tomorrow!!!

Like I said before, I'm reasonably sure this will be the most substantial Batman'66 update since release, simply because Star Wars is up in a couple weeks, and I bet Stern tries the SLE thing again with that. They need to buy some Batman'66 terrible launch and code support amnesia with a strong update right before Star Wars this week or next.

And hey, if that's what it takes to FINALLY get a reasonable amount of code in the game to move it towards beta from the alpha it's been in since launch, fine by me.

#1049 7 years ago

I'm starting to think the premium may turn out to be the most limited edition of them all.

#1050 7 years ago

I hope that people learn and stay away from the star wars sle money grab.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it/page/21?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.