IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 31.
#951 7 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

What's the best way to report code bugs to Stern? In v 0.70 if you get a +1 gadget from a mystery shot and use it immediately the machine reboots.

That's the Bat-Reboot Gadget...

#952 7 years ago

Last Friday I was told by GG today as long as there were not bugs. They have released code late in the day.

#953 7 years ago

Next week.

#954 7 years ago

Is that a guess Hank or have you been told? Just curious thanks for the info.

#955 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[email protected]
But at this point, Batman is SO early (essentially still an Alpha), it's pretty pointless. Once they have a tighter release around 1.0, it'll be a better idea.

Actually Stern has a special email address set up for bug reporting:

[email protected]

#956 7 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

[email protected]

Thanks. First I've heard of that email. I'll make a note of it.

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

[email protected]

Cheers! I'll send them a note.

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is that a guess Hank or have you been told? Just curious thanks for the info.

Fact. I have no idea when.

#959 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Fact. I have no idea when.

Thanks for the clarification Hank, guess there must have been bugs or other issues delaying the update this week or maybe Lyman wanted an extra weekend/week to add more depth/features and polish it up.

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks for the clarification Hank, guess there must have been bugs or other issues delaying the update this week or maybe Lyman wanted an extra weekend/week to add more depth/features and polish it up.

A major bug.

#961 7 years ago

Thanks again Hank for the update, something big must have been added to create a major bug so thats a potentially good sign the update could be substantial.

#962 7 years ago

bug-splat.pngbug-splat.png

#963 7 years ago

Major bugs can happen with any size code changes. Remember the "Butterfly Effect"? That's everyday reality for coders.

#964 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Major bugs can happen with any size code changes. Remember the "Butterfly Effect"? That's everyday reality for coders.

Hoping it's soon. I put WD40 on my spinner. Just a little and it turns much better.

#965 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hoping it's soon. I put WD40 on my spinner. Just a little and it turns much better.

The batmobile spinner or the little one by the pops?

#966 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Graphite dry lube is better long-term than WD-40, which will eventually gum up.

#967 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Graphite dry lube is better long-term than WD-40, which will eventually gum up.

Great advice, WD40 actually attracts dust and dirt which is what causes it to "gum" up, no idea how the stuff became so popular and widely used probably coasting along on an old out of date reputation, remind you of any other company Vire?

#968 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great advice, WD40 actually attracts dust and dirt which is what causes it to "gum" up, no idea how the stuff became so popular and widely used probably coasting along on an old out of date reputation, remind you of any other company Vire?

WD-40 is still a decent choice for many applications but its just not the best choice. It does a lot of things well though overall, but it shouldnt be used on a pinball machine ever IMO.

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

First rule hammered into my head when I started restoring my '57 jukebox was "use the proper lubricants and that begins with throwing any WD40 you may have into the trash can" (Oh and by the way after the gum stage it starts to petrify.)

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

First rule hammered into my head when I started restoring my '57 jukebox was "use the proper lubricants and that begins with throwing any WD40 you may have into the trash can" (Oh and by the way after the gum stage it starts to petrify.)

Being told to use proper lubricants was great advice, but why does that mean that you should throw your WD-40 in the trash? Not sure I understand?

#971 7 years ago

Come on Lyman, light my fire!!!!!!!!!!!
Where's the code? Where's the code with crucial features implemented??

#972 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Come on Lyman, light my fire!!!!!!!!!!!
Where's the code? Where's the code with crucial features implemented??

Let's hope he's bringing minor villains online and needed a little extra time to perfect them.

#973 7 years ago

Code............

#974 7 years ago

Code drop is coming tomorrow

#975 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With SW teaser?

#976 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know this how?

You realize if you are wrong, vireland will think you are part of the Stern conspiracy keeping new code from a machine he no longer wants ...

#977 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You know this how?
You realize if you are wrong, vireland will think you are part of the Stern conspiracy keeping new code from a machine he no longer wants ...

I don't, I'm just thinking positive thoughts! Easter bunny gift.

#978 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wonder what Easter Eggs are in the game?

#979 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lots of little code drops on the floor ?

#980 7 years ago

it was supposed to come out last week. They had a bug and I'm not sure anyone knows if it will be out. Im hoping it gets pushed out for Easter.

Got Aerosmith pro last night. So I have something new and fun to play until bm66 is finished. Really liking Aerosmith

#981 7 years ago

Certainly hope this doesn't turn into another 5 week wait......

#982 7 years ago

I paid 16,000 for bm sle and I have to beg for code. could you imagine this?

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

It stinks and we all hope this does not happen again. Hoping the new code adds some depth and audio call out's.

Gomez said he's getting a BM66 so I think that helps us know the code is going to get finished.

#984 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Gomez said he's getting a BM66 so I think that helps us know the code is going to get finished.

Problem is Gomez has said a lot already none of which has been delivered on, I am positive the code will be completed but I feel that way because of Lyman certainly not because of George.

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It stinks and we all hope this does not happen again. Hoping the new code adds some depth and audio call out's.

Gomez also promised code updates every two weeks "until we getcha there" which never happened even once. Code drops have been in the 3-5 week range, and very underwhelming amount of improvement per update. So I would take everything he says these days on ANY subject, but most-definitely Batman'66, with an enormous grain of salt. We're again at 3 weeks and counting since the last tiny Gomez Drop.

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gomez also promised code updates every two weeks "until we getcha there" which never happened even once. Code drops have been in the 3-5 week range, and very underwhelming amount of improvement per update. So I would take everything he says these days on ANY subject, but most-definitely Batman'66, with an enormous grain of salt. We're again at 3 weeks and counting since the last tiny Gomez Drop.

The two weeks comment was probably a mistake. I heard they had a bug. My guess is the wording should have been frequent updates.

#987 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The two weeks comment was probably a mistake. I heard they had a bug. My guess is the wording should have been frequent updates.

Yes, it was a mistake. One he has no problem making over and over these days, promising things that rarely or never come to pass.

There are plenty of bugs in Stern shipped code, including like 15 documented bugs in KISS 1.28, and 13 documented bugs in Ghostbusters (including one elusive reset bug that's months old). Ship the code - it's Alpha code, anyway. Bugs are expected. Worst case, it will be addressed in the next Gomez drop, and at least we get to play it for 4 or 5 weeks until the next one. These excuses are just that...excuses.

#988 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The rate of updates for BM66 has been far from frequent, unless you are comparing it to Kiss.

#989 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You know this how?

Incompetence and mismanagement does not equal conspiracy.

#990 7 years ago

Was thinking of picking up a Batman 66 (Premium) as my first NIB, but settled on a Metallica (Pro). Threads like this were a big reason why, and also the great pricing from @gexchange.

#991 7 years ago

I had the game freeze and reboot when I hit the shot to start the mini wizard mode. Is that a bug?

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from joemoney24:

Was thinking of picking up a Batman 66 as my first NIB, but settled on a Metallica (Pro). Threads like this were a big reason why, and also the great pricing from gexchange.

I have both games and can't fault you on that. Met pro is a lot more bang for the buck, especially with the current code.

#993 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Incompetence and mismanagement does not equal conspiracy.

Dude...you need to go back to programming pokemon and give this a rest. We all know your opinion...some agree, some don't, but holy cow you are going to wear the skin off of that drum. You are standing up on that mountain shouting as loud as you can that you know how to code a game and nothing is being done correctly or fast enough....well shit or get off the pot. If you have so much experience, let's see you put out some better/faster code....I really want to see it.

Anyone that bought a BM66 and didn't think this was going to be a long haul for code is either living under a rock or an idiot. I go back to the show in Chicago last year...they told us there was no code, and that was why the machines were roped off and not played. The information was always out there and yes, if you made a purchase like this without research, then that is on you. Outside of 1 comment made by Gomez that I am sure he did not mean in a literal sense, there was no one from Stern promising any timelines, and common sense would dictate this was going to take a while. They admittedly pushed the game out to coincide with their anniversary, and said the code would come later, and WE ALL KNEW THAT GOING IN. I bought mine because Lyman has a great reputation and I know at some point it will be a decent game. If you are not happy with your purchase then I am sorry, but life is too short to wake up every day with an agenda like yours.

#994 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Yes. It's Stern. This isn't a shock. Everyone knew what was coming when people weren't allowed to play it at Expo in October ...and you STILL gave them that much money. You knew what you were buying and you got what you paid for.

#995 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Anyone that bought a BM66 and didn't think this was going to be a long haul for code is either living under a rock or an idiot

There are lots of the latter here.

It's not Vireland's game but the OP that he helps.

Here's hoping for an Easter bunny substantial code drop!

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Dude...you need to go back to programming pokemon and give this a rest. We all know your opinion...some agree, some don't, but holy cow you are going to wear the skin off of that drum.

If you'll notice. I did not post out of the blue. I was responding (again) to someone else that (incorrectly) stated that I thought there was a conspiracy on this game to set that straight (and still surprised ANYONE could get it so wrong about how I feel by now).

#997 7 years ago

I was actually referencing the whole group of posts, but you know what, I am done. I'm happy with where the game is and the timeline it is on. Who knows, maybe N Korea will nuke us all tomorrow and we won't have to worry about it any more. Time to go and enjoy a beautiful day.

#998 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

If you have so much experience, let's see you put out some better/faster code....I really want to see it.

He has...his whole career. Let's not pretend that Vic isn't a very accomplished professional.

Just because you don't want B66 to receive criticism, it doesn't mean that Vic isn't right and that he's not speaking from real life experience.

Stern's code support is awful. There are bugs on Ghostbusters that should have been cleaned up by now. WWELE can't even be completed. KISS has huge issues. Star Trek has a nasty hanging bug. B66 is in a joke state for a released game. All this shouldn't be excused away. The "ship and patch it later" mentality only works if those patches are released quickly and consistently to the point where the end product is actually finished. Ghostbusters needs work, but they keep shipping games.

People need to stop giving Stern a pass or they'll never change. Needless whining isn't helpful, but holding a company to the appropriate amount of accountability is.

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you'll notice. I did not post out of the blue. I was responding (again) to someone else that (incorrectly) stated that I thought there was a conspiracy on this game to set that straight (and still surprised ANYONE could get it so wrong about how I feel by now).

I call BS. You were responding to my post where "conspiracy" was used in a humorous manner. You will just use any excuse to bash the state of the code on this game. Trust me - EVERYONE in this thread knows how you feel about the game because you never miss an opportunity to repeat it.

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

He has...his whole career. Let's not pretend that Vic isn't a very accomplished professional.
Just because you don't want B66 to receive criticism, it doesn't mean that Vic isn't right and that he's not speaking from real life experience.
Stern's code support is awful. There are bugs on Ghostbusters that should have been cleaned up by now. WWELE can't even be completed. KISS has huge issues. Star Trek has a nasty hanging bug. B66 is in a joke state for a released game. All this shouldn't be excused away. The "ship and patch it later" mentality only works if those patches are released quickly and consistently to the point where the end product is actually finished. Ghostbusters needs work, but they keep shipping games.
People need to stop giving Stern a pass or they'll never change. Needless whining isn't helpful, but holding a company to the appropriate amount of accountability is.

I don't see anyone giving Stern a pass on code support, but BM66 is a different situation. Everyone knew (or should have known) about the alpha code state when they bought the game. As I have said previously, it's fair to compare BM66 code status to that of other games around June. Before then it's just uninformed unwarranted bitching and moaning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it/page/20?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.