Topic Stats

• 1,509 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Antoshka
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 111 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4297 (resized).JPG
C9j0jmcN8Qpx.gif
farley (resized).jpg
IMG_5181 (resized).JPG
IMG_3251 (resized).JPG
IMG_4151 (resized).JPG
IMG_4146 (resized).JPG
IMG_4183 (resized).JPG
IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

There are 1509 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

John Borg is my favourite pinball designer. He designed MET, and TWD... my 2 fav games of all time. The best modern pinball machines IMO.
John Trudeau has designed ZERO of my favourite pinball machines, but I still respect the hell out of him. I like that his designs are often radically different. I know lots of people who count his designs as top 3 games. It doesn't matter what John has done specifically for me or my tastes. He's a lifetime pinball guy, and because I love pinball, I respect the hell out of him.
My point is, "Respect" is about civility. It shouldn't come and go based on wether a person is doing exactly what you want them to do in a given moment. Respect is something you afford another human being because it's the base level of acceptance to form a community.
I'm simply trying to make a point about tone here.
You know what's dead easy? Posting on a discussion forum. It requires next to zero effort. You are anonymous. You invest nothing. You take no responsibility. You type something uninformed, and often somewhat vitriolic. I don't mean you specifically, Op... just speaking generally.
You know what's incredibly difficult? Making something. Making ANYTHING is hard. Putting yourself out there. Putting your name on the line. Putting your reputation on the line. Standing behind something. As we've all learned here, making pinball machines is EXTREMELY hard.
Gomez doesn't set the price. Gomez doesn't cause delays due to code bugs, or other unforeseen issues. George Gomez is an amazing guy. I spoke to him during expo last year. To watch him light up when he discusses the Johnny Mnemonic Blackout mode, you understand that this is a man who loves what he does. This is a guy who swings for the fences every time.
I hope we get a BM66 code update soon. Regardless of when it drops, I know Lyman is working his ass off to make us the best game he can imagine. I know George is working his butt off to steer production at Stern (while designing 2 machines this year!!!). When the code drops, or what issues arise due to software, or hardware will have ZERO effect on how much I respect these men.
Happy Flipping All.

I see your point. I'm just not going to believe what Gomez says. I guess the better saying is I just do not believe Gomez and do not admire the design and quality of BM66.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

You know what's dead easy? Posting on a discussion forum. It requires next to zero effort. You are anonymous. You invest nothing. You take no responsibility.

You know what else is easy? Running a pinball company (not that part ) that has issues getting updates to costumers, and then blindly yelling out promises that codes will drop on a specific schedule so you can sell machines and ease peoples fears.

You know what's hard? Understanding why other people feel a certain(t) way. I mean it isn't hard for everyone, but there's a massive chunk on here that have a serous problem wrapping their head around it.

#803 2 years ago

I believe with Gomez in charge, he will not want his latest effort to end up with some lackluster code. More like he is real proud of it (see the release video) and wants it to be a masterpiece. Which is why Lyman was picked to code it. Just a hunch...

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I believe with Gomez in charge, he will not want his latest effort to end up with some lackluster code. More like he is real proud of it (see the release video) and wants it to be a masterpiece. Which is why Lyman was picked to code it. Just a hunch...

Agreed....have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a good day.....just a hunch...I have no inside info....

#805 2 years ago

0000 (resized).jpg

#806 2 years ago

TPF starts tomorrow. My bet is those machines at TPF will have newer code than what we have.

#807 2 years ago

There's gonna be cobwebs on BM66 at TPF if Stern doesn't drop some code.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

There's gonna be cobwebs on BM66 at TPF if Stern doesn't drop some code.

I doubt that. Even with current code it's still fun to play. There will be enough people at the show who havent played it yet who will be eager to try it out so it will have a steady line.

However if there isnt any new code, the Q&A part of the Stern talk might be interesting.

#809 2 years ago

A respectable distributor informed me demand for all versions of Batman has been high, higher than the latest title. I'm sure there are plenty that haven't even played it yet that would play it at the show the way it is. New code could make it the main attraction.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A respectable distributor informed me demand for all versions of Batman has been high, higher than the latest title. I'm sure there are plenty that haven't even played it yet that would play it at the show the way it is. New code could make it the main attraction.

This, and Stern posted on FB page that new code would drop for TPF...unless some major bugs popped up, it will be there...

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Heard same thing. No pro will limit the appeal overall but a code drop before TPF will be the real coming out party for this sweet shooter, great theme, awesome art and unique layout

#812 2 years ago

I won't be at TPF unfortunately. Have high level baseball drafts this weekend with my dad!

#813 2 years ago

Maybe an early drop tomorrow then once they are all setup and sorted at TPF?

Still got weeks to wait for UK games to arrive anyway but would be nice to see a big readme file to get me pumped for my LEs arrival!

Plus I'd love BM66 to be as good as it can be for everyone at TPF

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Still got weeks to wait for UK games to arrive

I thought all of the overseas games went out first before the US games? Why does Australia get them before UK?

#815 2 years ago

New code out now! Looks good!

NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has released code version 0.70.0 for Batman Pinball! This new update contains a variety of updates including new modes, lighting, rules and bug fixes! For complete information refer to the READ ME file linked.
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-premium
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-le
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-super-le

Stern Pinball is committed to quality code. A variety of code updates are underway for our machines and will be released here exclusively on facebook when available. Stay tuned!
#SternPinball #NewCode Batman

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought all of the overseas games went out first before the US games? Why does Australia get them before UK?

no idea but its mightily annoying, the whole Stern->Disty->Retailer process is something that I think hasn't improved from the 80's. Waiting on mine since before expo!

Neil.

#817 2 years ago

Latest code update in detail:

V0.70.0 - March 22, 2017
========================
- Added a wizard mode for defeating all of the major villains.
- Started at the top eject (Bat Signal).
- 4 ball multiball, all villains lit.
- Shoot the left and right ramps to defeat Catwoman.
- Shoot the turntable to defeat the Joker. (Once the Joker has been
defeated, the turntable will move to the Batcave position and the
playfield multiplier will be available.)
- Bash the crane (complete all positions) and shoot the Penguin VUK
to defeat The Penguin.
- Shoot the left/right loops to defeat The Riddler.
- Defeat all villains to light the Top Eject for Super Jackpot.
- Shot scoring is based on villain mode play (number of batphone
hurry-up target hits + number of mode shots made).
- Super Jackpot scoring is based on the super jackpot values
collected during the villain modes (in order). A new value is
added each time a super jackpot is collected.
- Added lamp effects for turntable lock kick, top eject kick, and penguin
VUK kick.
- Batphone hurry-up is awarded at the top eject if the major villain wizard
mode is ready to start.
- Added display (removed red dots) for the multiplier award display effect.
- Added additional biff bam pow effects for multiball and villain wizard
mode.
- Main multiball, main multiball lock, and major villain wizard mode
shot/super jackpot awards were not killing the large effects when the
display effect would go away. This has been corrected.
- Added major villain high scores (+ attract mode display).
- Penguin crane set to HOME position if a valid position cannot be found.
- Added display for lock lit. Added sounds and speech.
- Added display for atomic pile hit (playfield multiplier).
- Added info for lock lit and atomic pile (playfield multiplier) lit.
- Added display for lighting the atomic pile.
- Added attract mode displays for BAT PHONE CHAMPION and BONUS CHAMPION.
- Fixed an issue where the music for the minor villain mode select
background was starting before the display effect.
- Added a setting for clearing the penguin VUK in case multiple balls get
stuck in the VUK and cannot be cleared by a single kick.
- Removed main multiball start from the list of effects that can be
aborted by pressing both flipper buttons.
- Playfield multiplier now paused during main multiball start and villain
wizard mode start.
- Replaced custom message display in attract mode.
- Cleaned up attract mode HSTD. Seperated out animations so they can be
flipped through individually such that the player doesn't have to wait
for HSTD 1/2 or even longer for HSTD 3/4.
- Fixed "Game Over" animation so the text can be translated.
- Fixed "Replay At" animation such that the translated text ins't rendered
outside of the black area.
- Added background to the find out more at sternpinball.com.
- Combos were not scoring values with the shot multiplier. This has been
corrected.
- Added a background lamp effect for catwoman ready.
- Added a background lamp effect for joker ready.
- Added basic instant info (newspaper / replace red dots).
- Timers now paused when the ball is in the top eject and the penguin VUK.
- SPIKE 2 O/S changed to 2.0.4 (better handling of split SPK files).

0 (resized).jpg

#818 2 years ago

All that love and just .70. Yall going to get a masterpiece if you're patient.

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You know what else is easy? Running a pinball company (not that part ) that has issues getting updates to costumers, and then blindly yelling out promises that codes will drop on a specific schedule so you can sell machines and ease peoples fears.
You know what's hard? Understanding why other people feel a certain(t) way. I mean it isn't hard for everyone, but there's a massive chunk on here that have a serous problem wrapping their head around it.

I've heard that song about fighting The Law, and it didn't work out well for the protagonist, so I'll just bow out!

I do have a hard time wrapping my head around why people are upset about BM66 Code... It's coming. Lyman is doing it. Code updates have been quite frequent, and they've stated that Lyman is on it until it's done. I wouldn't recommend that anybody buy BM66 as their only game right now, but it's tiresome to hear mega collectors bitch about incomplete code on a virtually brand new game.

I think we should hug it out.

#820 2 years ago

Quick or Full update...which do I select?

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

300+ Time out and Time zone arcades + home buyers is why

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I do have a hard time wrapping my head around why people are upset about BM66 Code... It's coming. Lyman is doing it.
I think we should hug it out.

Hugs are fine, I'm not upset at all. My only point is, I can totally see why people are upset aboot the code not coming. The Company head told them it would, and it isn't the way they described it; To me that is very basic & transparent.
You don't understand that, so there's isn't much more to "argue" aboot anyway

#823 2 years ago

Looks like a pretty nice update, hope it makes the game much better fo all of you BM66 owners!

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks like a pretty nice update, hope it makes the game much better fo all of you BM66 owners!

Considering it's just another 0.01 update it's huge! If we are only just now at 0.70 I can't imagine what Lyman will consider 1.00!

#825 2 years ago

Only problem is at his rate it will take several years for the game to be complete

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Only problem is at his rate it will take several years for the game to be complete

I don't hear any MET or TWD owners complaining

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No they were replaced with Kiss & BM66 complainers.

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am a Metallica owner and love it and by no means is this LYMANs fault at all

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I am a Metallica owner and love it and by no means is this LYMANs fault at all

Exactly Lyman always makes the wait worth it, he is truely one of pinballs greats at what he does!

I don't think any long code development has ever been his fault I'm sure we all assume/know it's Stern pulling him in multiple directions, but he always the time seem trivial once those final couple updates hit one of his games.

His code on MET & TWD was completely game changing, took those games from good to some of the best.

#830 2 years ago

I have nothing but respect for Lyman and he is a genius; not his fault at all on this game.

#831 2 years ago

Cant wait to try it out tonight!

I hope George doesnt give out code release dates for future releases. I think its worse to hear a drop date and they miss it than to just getting it out of blue when its ready.

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I hope George doesnt give out code release dates for future releases. I think its worse to hear a drop date and they miss it than to just getting it out of blue when its ready.

Both are poor ways of communicating with your customers, if he isn't already then simply dropping by Lymans office and asking him how the code is coming along any eta for the next update?

If Lyman tells George he can't give a specific date but this month he will have something ready for him and buyers. Then that's all that needs to be communicated "spoke to Lyman ... days ago, he's happy with progress and will have something ready for us all this month, when? I can't say only Lyman knows but he said this month he will have something for us all"

Boom! Easy communication and it gives a big enough time frame that if there are any issues or unexpected delays they have plenty of breathing room to sort them and we don't all turn into a hungry pack of wolves expecting to be fed and going hungry

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

People I said it before... the flu bug took down the whole gang at Stern. Wasn't their fault code was late.

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

People I said it before... the flu bug took down the whole gang at Stern. Wasn't their fault code was late.

Thats a good example of why they shouldn't give out specific dates since it sets customer expectations.

I would rather get the more vague "next code update with the major villains wizard mode is complete and currently in test. Expect it within a week or two"

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My only point is, I can totally see why people are upset aboot the code not coming. The Company head told them it would, and it isn't the way they described it; To me that is very basic & transparent.

I can see why some people would be upset too. Clearly a lot of people love to find anything and everything to bitch and complain about.

As a buyer of BM66LE, we all knew code was early and we all know that Lyman will make it great. How long it takes to happen, nobody really knows, it will be done when its done.

As for what Gomez said, so F ing what, Lyman could have lived up to the literal meaning of what he said and put out an update EVERY tuesday, even if it meant adding ONE callout. Happy then?

I think there are more substantial things to whine about and if you don't like the progress of the code then buy an Aerosmith while you are waiting, wtf.

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for what Gomez said, so F ing what,...

Well I think it mattered to a lot of people, if you can't understand that you're either dense, or in your case drunk - hey it's almost 4 in Texas

Speaking of dense, sorry to say but those people that believed Gomez are just that. He promised which was stupid, but they believed him which is stupid.
Overall I have bought 3 NIB Stern, and never once bitched aboot Code, because I know it comes when it comes if ever.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Im sure if you look hard enough on here that you could find a few of them. There's no shortage of complainers around here thats for sure.

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im sure if you look hard enough on here that you could find a few of tem. There's no shortage of complainers around here thats for sure.

No one in their right mind can complain about the current state of MET or TWD and if they did, would anyone take them seriously? It might have taken 1-3 years to get them where they are but personally I would say it was worth the wait they are both phenomenal.

The issue with BM66 is not the code as such it's with Gomez and his continued empty promises, as always Sterns problem is communication and he didn't exactly help with that with the whole 2 week promise, then other promises that never materialised, it takes just as long to promise an update as it does to say it's going to be delayed, yet the latter never seems to happen, sometimes courtesy towards your customers is priceless to them.

#840 2 years ago

Uploaded the code at lunch....seemed VERY interesting...will get to play tonight.

a heads up;

When you unzip, you will find (2x) files. make sure to put BOTH on your USB before trying to upload. I thought 1 (as it was small) was just a changlog...WRONG...you need both to have the game accept the code and boot.

HOORAY!!!!

Odin - both of our "gut" feelings were right about today. Does that mean we buy lottery tickets tonight (I never buy them, but was thinking)?...

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I think it mattered to a lot of people, if you can't understand that you're either dense, or in your case drunk - hey it's almost 4 in Texas
Speaking of dense, sorry to say but those people that believed Gomez are just that. He promised which was stupid, but they believed him which is stupid.
Overall I have bought 3 NIB Stern, and never once bitched aboot Code, because I know it comes when it comes if ever.

The only people it matters to are drunk people or whiners.

Edit: it matters more to non fun loving drinkers who can't pull the stick out of their butt

What is this 3rd grade? Nvm. It is

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Odin - both of our "gut" feelings were right about today. Does that mean we buy lottery tickets tonight (I never buy them, but was thinking)?..

I'm just glad it happened on a work day. Seriously, on my home internet, depending on how hard they throttle me back, it can take 8 hours to download this file. Twenty minutes at work. Thumbdrive is all loaded up and ready for when I get home.

I don't buy lottery tickets anymore, about the only wagering I do lately is on pinball. But yeah, I can't wait to check it out.

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No one in their right mind can complain about the current state of MET or TWD and if they did, would anyone take them seriously? It might have taken 1-3 years to get them where they are but personally I would say it was worth the wait they are both phenomenal.
The issue with BM66 is not the code as such it's with Gomez and his continued empty promises, as always Sterns problem is communication and he didn't exactly help with that with the whole 2 week promise, then other promises that never materialised, it takes just as long to promise an update as it does to say it's going to be delayed, yet the latter never seems to happen, sometimes courtesy towards your customers is priceless to them.

Very true words! I have TWD and im definitely not complaining, its an awesome game for sure.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Very true words! I have TWD and im definitely not complaining, its an awesome game for sure.

It's awesome, and Met may be their best ever...but there were PLENTY of tears along the way Imagine not having CIU modes in MET for so long...I just waited till it was 'done' and bought it then. If you're going to be an early buyer you gotta be ready to wait plain and simple.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

there were PLENTY of tears along the way Imagine not having CIU modes in MET for so long.

Imagine if they never got that hammer magnet ironed out. Seems I had my Met longer than I've had this Batman before they finally did.

Oh, and I was told my Premium is the first one, the one that was at the show. That's got to make it worth as much as one of those Superduper LES.

#846 2 years ago

Excited to play the new code tomorrow. Gotta give my buddy a heads up so he can update his LE as well. Sometimes he misses code updates.

#847 2 years ago

SPOILER ALERT!!!

The new multiball when you beat all 4 Villains is really fun. Essentially, all 4 Villains run simultaneously. I just focused on the crane, and was making orbits and ramps surreptitiously. I think it was keeping track of Villain completion during the Multiball, because I got 2 of the 4 lit during the Multiball.

I'm not observant enough to notice other little things going on here or there, but the new Multiball is very cool. Now there's a reason (Beyond points) to complete the main Villains.

I think I got around 4.9 Billion on Factory settings. That was only playing a single normal Multiball (Sometimes I get that a few times in a game), and one Villain Completion Multiball. I earned 2 extra balls.

I think I managed an add-a-ball in both Multiballs, but I'm not sure what triggers it.

It's an incremental update to be sure, but it's a really nice addition!

#848 2 years ago

I'll check it tonight but is there any more to do with the minor villains yet?

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll check it tonight but is there any more to do with the minor villains yet?

Not yet

#850 2 years ago

Plenty to look forward to then. I bet this thing will have crazy deep code when all is said and done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 50.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
10,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Upper Marlboro, MD
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1509 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside