IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

well you see gomez? now a bm sle owner is gonna sell his bm66 cause you havent put out code in time. he is also giving away the sle for only 20,000.
get the code done so that no more sles will be sold!!

Yea, Stern could care less on this one, they got their money.

But really....people have been complaining about the lack of communication for over a year. Does anyone really think that is going to change? Or that it would change with BM66? We all read the threads, we all knew what was at stake and what would probably happen...yet we bought the games anyway. So anyone disappointed in the code quality/quantity after a couple of months, is probably more mad at themselves than they really are at Stern. I am NOT part of the Stern Army.....I do not need to be part of a club to spend my money or play pinball. I am just a realist....I knew going in this would take some time....EVERYONE should have known that just by the fact you couldn't even flip one of the games at the last expo.

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

a horrible unfun bastard of a garbage dumpster

Lol. Tell us what you really think.

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol. Tell us what you really think.

It's so bad it made me question whether I even like pinball anymore at all...but then I played some other games and realized it's just GB.

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Other than the playfield issues what other problems did GB have?

Umm to each their own but ah, yeah that's enough of an issue for me.

#705 7 years ago

Today's exactly a month since the last update to Batman '66 while Aerosmith has received two updates in the last WEEK. That seems to say that boutique pins from Kapow are second-tier at Stern and does not bode well for Kapow's future offerings.

#706 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Today's exactly a month since the last update to Batman '66 while Aerosmith has received two updates in the last WEEK. That seems to say that boutique pins from Kapow are second-tier at Stern and does not bode well for Kapow's future offerings.

No, it just means Lyman needs time. He's an artist, and good artists need time to create.... and like many artists he might be halfway into a painting, decide he doesn't like it, and start over. They should not have released the game last year...but it is what it is now.

#707 7 years ago

Release Version 2.0 (Version number just for Vireland)

Release Notes

1. Added Bat-Whine protector. (Modified coin door and mech so steel rod punches player in the nuts every time they mention lack of code)

End of release notes

(Oh come on....can you guys not spot a joke to lighten the mood?)

#708 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They should not have released the game last year...but it is what it is now.

No, not at all....some of us should not have PURCHASED the game last year. ( I am fine, however others are a bit unhappy with their decision)

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, it just means Lyman needs time. He's an artist, and good artists need time to create.... and like many artists he might be halfway into a painting, decide he doesn't like it, and start over. They should not have released the game last year...but it is what it is now.

I wonder if it is a struggle for him having to re-visit a game that he has already coded ? I know he has gone back to his games in the past and enhanced them but this is essentially having to come up with a new ruleset for a very familiar layout and theme. If anyone can do it, Lyman can but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is jaded by it.
I'm terrible at revisiting old projects at work. I like to move on to the next big thing.

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I wonder if it is a struggle for him having to re-visit a game that he has already coded ?

Oh come on...for all intents and purposes, it's a new game. There's a whole new center mech. All the inserts are different. The context of all the shots and what they do are different. The ramps are different. If he "re-used" anything, it's crane code movement...but that doesn't really mean anything because how the crane factors into gameplay is entirely different than BDK.

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I wonder if it is a struggle for him having to re-visit a game that he has already coded ? .... I like to move on to the next big thing.

This IS the next big thing. Whether the concept of high end speciality games will work for Stern will live or die depending on what happens with BM66.

And it's also a new game. The only thing BM66 and BDK have in common is a few shots and a partial layout.

#712 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This IS the next big thing.

Only one in town right now.

#713 7 years ago

Aerosmith gets code. BM66 sits with just the promise of Gomez......

#714 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just being a horrible unfun bastard of a garbage dumpster in general.

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think of GB.

Curious, you seem to be the resident expert on pinball, what are you top games?

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I have heard him speak highly of TBL.

#716 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have heard him speak highly of TBL.

X-men I think is high up there?

#717 7 years ago

He's never been to my house. I think the sound of all those EM bells clanking might give him a stroke. Probably wouldn't try Skateball or Flash Gordon either. Too primitive.

#718 7 years ago

Yeah they said on Facebook no batman code; sucks since Gomez promised new code for batman owners every 2 weeks

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah they said on Facebook no batman code; sucks since Gomez promised new code for batman owners every 2 weeks

Drats!!!...maybe for the weekend....

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just noticed that. Hope we get one before Kiss.

We'll get an update for Star Wars before KISS.

#721 7 years ago

#722 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think of GB.

Everything except GB lol...seriously though, I enjoy more games than I don't. The only ones I'm fine never touching again are GB, 24, X-Men, IJ4, WWE, Freddy and CTFBL. I'll play anything else...actually, I'd even play most of those except GB and WWE lol.

Look at my ratings if you're curious.

#723 7 years ago

batman sle buyer:
fifteen thousand dollars and all i got was a red batsticker on the lockbar and still waiting for code!!!

gotta go tape the batmobile back to the lazy susan.

#724 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Release Version 2.0 (Version number just for Vireland)
Release Notes
1. Added Bat-Whine protector. (Modified coin door and mech so steel rod punches player in the nuts every time they mention lack of code)
End of release notes

Well, it would add some excitement to the game. Bring it on. But with a version 2.0, at the current rate that's like 3 years away, so not holding my breath.

#725 7 years ago

Im done modding this pin until a new code update!

IMG_2425 (resized).JPGIMG_2425 (resized).JPG

IMG_2424 (resized).JPGIMG_2424 (resized).JPG

IMG_2427 (resized).JPGIMG_2427 (resized).JPG

IMG_2437 (resized).JPGIMG_2437 (resized).JPG

#726 7 years ago

Where does one find the aftermarket Riddler plastic for their game?

#727 7 years ago

So it looks good for a Batman 66 Code drop for TPF

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#728 7 years ago

Who operates the Stern Facebook page? The replies and the way customers/fans are interacted with is pathetic "no", "yes" how hard is it to have a little fun or light hearted but brief conversation with people asking about your products

#729 7 years ago

Im just happy to hear that we will have a Non 0.6X Code version soon

#731 7 years ago

It was Jared from the group running it I think

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

The one mod I intend to get around to is a spotlight from the left side near the top of the gadget targets pointing at the rotisserie targets. It's so dark there. Alternately, I may wire in a single short LED strip below the TV pointing down. Whichever illuminates that better will win out, but it needs something.

#733 7 years ago

UK games may have finally left Stern, might get two more updates before they arrive which will make the wait worth it.

#734 7 years ago

Am I the only one excited that they are finally going to finish WOF?

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pretty sure the "Yes" was for the Batman code before TPF question. With Keith gone, I doubt WoF is going to ever be finished.

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure the "Yes" was for the Batman code before TPF question. With Keith gone, I doubt WoF is going to ever be finished.

#737 7 years ago

Yeah, I don't miss a thing.

#738 7 years ago

I think Keith said he finished WOF but not for the general public because of Stern issues post employment

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Who operates the Stern Facebook page? The replies and the way customers/fans are interacted with is pathetic "no", "yes" how hard is it to have a little fun or light hearted but brief conversation with people asking about your products

They can't win either way

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The one mod I intend to get around to is a spotlight from the left side near the top of the gadget targets pointing at the rotisserie targets. It's so dark there. Alternately, I may wire in a single short LED strip below the TV pointing down. Whichever illuminates that better will win out, but it needs something.

Did the spot thing from the left support of the left wireform on the Gadget plastic - 2 spots. Helps a bit for general illumination, but doesnt really do much for the turntable. The best results are LED under the TV, directly on to the targets and the flashing one under the phone. Both look factory and are all thats needed for the turntable IMO.

#741 7 years ago
#742 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They can't win either way

C'mon Ice, your better than that my man, how hard would it have been to respond with a little more interest?

"Can the dynamic duo save Lyman and escape with new code from the lair of dastardly G.Gomez before TPF"

"Stay Tuned bat fans, same bat time, same bat channel"

It's still cryptic enough, but it's a little fun and campy (like the show) and it's also a funny way at taking a little jab at us on pinside, so it's a win win.

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think Lyman has told a number of people that it will never be finished due to sour grapes re: Keith's departure. Not on his or other coders' parts. Higher ups. No prizes for guessing who. GS. Cough. GG. Cough.

#744 7 years ago

"You made me promises promises
Knowing I'd believe
Promises promises
You knew you'd never keep"

#745 7 years ago

BEST GAME EVER! pfft!

#746 7 years ago

On the code issue everyone is complaining about...I have a BMSLE coming and do want completed code also!

Be aware rumor has it the flu bug struck Stern very HARD in the past 2 weeks and I believe that is the reason You are not seeing much of anything right now.

I will guess everything will be back on track by next week. I had the Flu last year and HOLY crap was it bad. Took Me out for 2 weeks!!!

Put a worker at our golf course on a respirator for 2 months and flatlined twice from it!!! He just came back to work last month after being gone 10 months.

Why does anyone think a BMSLE used is worth $20K? I'll be happy to get my $$$ out of it if I open it and don't like it!

#747 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it would add some excitement to the game. Bring it on. But with a version 2.0, at the current rate that's like 3 years away, so not holding my breath.

It's all good...it was just a joke to lighten the mood. I am sure code will drop soon.

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

» YouTube video

Needs more dolls.

#749 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I have a BMSLE coming....

Are you the first owner? I though the SLE's were all built first before any of the other models back in late Dec early Jan.

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think Lyman has told a number of people that it will never be finished due to sour grapes re: Keith's departure. Not on his part. Higher ups. No prizes for guessing who. GS. Cough. GG. Cough.

That's great. Punish your customers for internal management issues they had nothing to do with. Nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.