IMG_4182 (resized).JPG
IMG_4181 (resized).JPG
IMG_4179 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20170718025611 (resized).png
spiderman-web-installed-small (resized).jpg
rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.
#1 7 years ago

The code they used a week ago is newer than what's on bm66. Where is the code?

#2 7 years ago

Perhaps a bug in it delayed it. I'm sure Lyman is on it.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Reminds me of a song I heard once or twice.

#5 7 years ago

I'm must say I'm pleasantly surprised Stern produced the Batman 66 theme. Do the under 50 crowd get it?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from mikat11:

I'm must say I'm pleasantly surprised Stern produced the Batman 66 theme. Do the under 50 crowd get it?

Oh hell yeah...Nick @ Night will get you another 10-15 years so it's more like "do the under 35 crowd get it. "

#7 7 years ago

I'm with you. My LE version is.59. It'll carry me for a little while, but I need some more love next week. A drug fix is on order. Need.....more.....code!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh hell yeah...Nick & Night will get you another 10-15 years so it's more like "do the under 35 crowd get it. "

As my Father would always say when I was growing up, ........."Who gives a shit."
Ahhhhh...... Life lessons.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

As my Father would always say when I was growing up, ........."Who gives a shit."
Ahhhhh...... Life lessons.

Wise man.

#10 7 years ago

I'm holding onto it to see how long it takes someone to have the first mental breakdown. ;P

#11 7 years ago

TO THE BATCAVE!

#12 7 years ago

If this is your first nib stern, please disregard the following, as I apologize:

You bought a new release, and are really dumb enough to ask where the code updates are?! You should know better by now, and got no reason to gripe if you've been on this forum for any length of time or bought other titles nib. Depending on popularity. Give 1 month to 1 year, and you may see some updates.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Depending on popularity. Give 1 month to 1 year, and you may see some updates.

Buh buh Gomez promised every 2 weeks this time....this time I "have faith" in him

#14 7 years ago

As long as the orders keep coming in, they'll promise you anything. Think of a car salesman.. they will promise the world to you while in the showroom.. once you drive off the lot, they forget all about you and are waiting for the next sucker to walk through the door.

#15 7 years ago

Gomez, I'm not your average everyday fool. Now I want my BM66 Code and if you can't get it I'm gonna take my business elsewhere! Where's my Kiss machine?

FT (resized).jpgFT (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

If this is your first nib stern, please disregard the following, as I apologize:
You bought a new release, and are really dumb enough to ask where the code updates are?! You should know better by now, and got no reason to gripe if you've been on this forum for any length of time or bought other titles nib. Depending on popularity. Give 1 month to 1 year, and you may see some updates.

LOL. OP is a peeved Kiss owner from what I remember.

Unfortunately, it looks like he's setting himself up to get even more pissed no matter what happens with BM66. Relax Hank my friend, and enjoy the Kiss update when it comes. It won't be Lyman epic (especially since it is not a Lyman pin), but not every pin has to be a Lyman masterpiece to enjoy it.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

As long as the orders keep coming in, they'll promise you anything. Think of a car salesman.. they will promise the world to you while in the showroom.. once you drive off the lot, they forget all about you and are waiting for the next sucker to walk through the door.

Yup. Batman 66 is now yesterday's news. Its all about Aerosmith until the next big marketing / hype push.

#18 7 years ago

theres an ass for every seat!
every two weeks a code release? i have a bridge in brooklyn i would sell you!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The code they used a week ago is newer than what's on bm66. Where is the code?

I have fallen for that one too many times.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh hell yeah...Nick @ Night will get you another 10-15 years so it's more like "do the under 35 crowd get it. "

I watched all these w/ my dad when I was a kid... also get smart. nick at night had all that stuff on late night.. 35 n unders pretty good call

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from mikat11:

I'm pleasantly surprised Stern produced the Batman 66 theme. Do the under 50 crowd get it?

No. They get Aerosmith.

#22 7 years ago

"Stay tuned"

#23 7 years ago

"Gomez promised bm66 code, where is it?"

It's with the kiss code...

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No. They get Aerosmith.

Da fuq.

I'm 36 and I'll take batman 66 over Aerosmith any day of the week and I did NOT watch the show, at all.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Buh buh Gomez promised every 2 weeks this time....this time I "have faith" in him

He said that there would be new code every two weeks. He didn't say new code was going to be <I>released</i> every two weeks ...

(My LE is being delivered Tuesday, so next Tuesday would be a good release day ...)

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Da fuq.

I'm 36 and I'll take batman 66 over Aerosmith any day of the week and I did NOT watch the show, at all.

Well, nobody I know that liked Aerosmith in the 70s when they were good seems to give a shit about that title. So I figured it had to be those that watched MTV and saw Aerosmith trying to cash in on that fad in the 80s that are all excited about it.

#27 7 years ago

Is it really that difficult to write code? Or edit pre-existing code to adapt it for the next game? I don't do pinball code. I have no idea what it looks like, how to edit it, what tools to use if I wanted to do such a thing on a Mac, or any of that. I genuinely would like to know, as I do work on plenty of other types of code on a daily basis. I'd love to take a peek at some just to get an idea what it looks like.

I also don't understand how a company as large as Stern can't have a full time code department really cranking out some masterful work on a regular basis. If only one person codes each game, I can see how it would take longer but again if that's their full time job 40 hours a week... Can anyone provide any insight?

I remember waiting for the TFTC unofficial 4.0 update for quite awhile. But that wasn't a full time job, that was getting done in ChadH spare time I thought.

#28 7 years ago

You ordered a game without playing it or even seeing the state of the code, and you're frustrated it's not done. I feel like I'm watching pinball "groundhog day" where the same thing keeps happening over and over, lol.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's pinball, JJP and Stern.

For now it doesn't seem to be affecting them. With all the people on Pinside saying they are never buying another NIB, who T F is buying them now? They seem to not even be able to keep up with production.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

If only one person codes each game, I can see how it would take longer but again if that's their full time job 40 hours a week... Can anyone provide any insight?

Their company-issued life insurance policies must be just AMAZING.
This must be a pic showing the inside of one of their work cubicles.
(Please, don't interrupt their coding work - let them choose wisely...).

indiana-lc-knight (resized).jpgindiana-lc-knight (resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

Gomez did say code this past Tuesday and then every two weeks at least they could give us an update on status of code

#32 7 years ago

Business model = Burn Bridges..........................

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Da fuq.

Im 39 and i feel the same way. In fact my BM66LE#66 will be here next week!

#34 7 years ago

Promises are meant to be broken unfortunately....

#35 7 years ago

Code coming quickly....

360ed1f087b9c2e19c41323cd013f30a (resized).jpg360ed1f087b9c2e19c41323cd013f30a (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No. They get Aerosmith.

Nah Aerosmith is too old also.

#37 7 years ago

Gomez and Batman 66, eh?
Astin (resized).jpgAstin (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No. They get Aerosmith.

Quoted from markmon:

Nah Aerosmith is too old also.

D1313A99-0048-427E-AA1D-40DA7A06C28F-2079-000003A704BF181A_tmp (resized).pngD1313A99-0048-427E-AA1D-40DA7A06C28F-2079-000003A704BF181A_tmp (resized).png

#39 7 years ago

Maybe today guys Gomez did say code update this past Tuesday and then every two weeks on the dead flip feed; maybe they forgot to post it; anybody have any newer code then .6?

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Gomez did say code this past Tuesday and then every two weeks at least they could give us an update on status of code

This is the problem. I know code is early, but I know they have code newer than what's on my game. Why not post it. Some people have .59. This is the problem. They need to be open. Gomez promise is already broken.

On the positive side, The game rocks..

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

You ordered a game without playing it or even seeing the state of the code, and you're frustrated it's not done. I feel like I'm watching pinball "groundhog day" where the same thing keeps happening over and over, lol.

Difference being that nobody here is remotely as funny as Bill Murray.

#42 7 years ago

It's not like any single person here thinks Lyman is not hard at work on this every day. If the code didn't drop this week, it's because Lyman isn't ready to release it. Could be bugs, or something else.

There's a difference between the Batman situation and some of the other Stern pinballs where no one is currently working on new code, and it is unknown when resources will be allocated towards them again.

Fine, Gomez said this (last) Tuesday, but it wasn't meant as some sort of deception. Time to take a chill pill.

#43 7 years ago

I changed my strategy. If I dig a pin I wait 2 years and buy it then. I bought my NIB TWD PRO last week. Last code was up from factory.
That's the way I'll always do it in the future. Way less frustrating. You can buy new pinball machines knowing the code is a blast and finished and all fixes are done and already installed.
I am already looking forward to my Aerosmith Pro in 2 years. Well, but only if the code has been proven good.

I am aware that strategy only works because I am no LE guy. But for PRO guys that totally works. No more chill pills needed that way.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's pinball, JJP and Stern.
For now it doesn't seem to be affecting them. With all the people on Pinside saying they are never buying another NIB, who T F is buying them now? They seem to not even be able to keep up with production.

Iceman, don't even associate JJP with this conversation as they are the only pinball company that seems capable of putting out regular substantial code updates.

Keith Johnson and Ted Estes put out huge updates for WOZ and TH 6+ months in a row while Stern may let 6+ months go by only to release an update with a few bug fixes. JJP is by far offering the best code support in pinball.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keith Johnson and Ted Estes put out huge updates for WOZ and TH 6+ months in a row while Stern may let 6+ months go by only to release an update with a few bug fixes. JJP is by far offering the best code support in pinball.

JJP has produced 2 pins in 5 years that have had to be coded. Now they have another one.

Absolutely ZERO comparison.

To say "JJP is BY FAR offering the best code support in pinball" is so Panzerspeak.

Do you ever take a break without the JJP blinders on? First its non stop toys and now its code huh?

My original point was in reference to the lies and deception of both, but I'll put Jack and JJP out in the lead on that one.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP has produced 2 pins in 5 years that have had to be coded. Now they have another one.
Absolutely ZERO comparison.
To say "JJP is BY FAR offering the best code support in pinball" is so Panzerspeak.
Do you ever take a break without the JJP blinders on? First its non stop toys and now its code huh?
My original point was in reference to the lies and deception of both, but I'll put Jack and JJP out in the lead on that one.

Yup, and those two pins are more complex then anything that Stern has ever put out yet with a few programmers JJP has released huge updates on a regular basis. Oh, they have also been transparent about code status as well, no "stay tuned" BS.

Stern has 6 full time programmer's from what I read yet are slow as molasses when it comes to releasing updates. Stern programmers are talented but they are not given enough time to work on code due to being rushed to the next project.

Stern's programmers seem to care about creating deep and unique rulsets but I can't say the same about Stern's management who in my opinion just wants to put out as many games per year and doesn't care if code support is negatively impacted as a result of it.

#47 7 years ago

Come on now, who here hasn't had a boss make false statements??? Lyman is working as hard as he can to produce quality code quickly. Gomez on the other hand wants to keep the buzz going on BM66 and promises code releases every few weeks. We all know Lyman rolls his eyes eveytime his management makes promises concerning code. I really don't believe Stern is being malicious or deceptive. It's just the nature of the beast.

Funny story from my early engineering days. One of my upper Managers toured a group president and some high level customers through my R&D lab. During the tour, he comments on some equipment and its capability. After the tour, later in the day, I stopped him in the hall and said "WOW! I had no idea that equipment was capable of XYZ". He just smiled/winked and walked on....

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, nobody I know that liked Aerosmith in the 70s when they were good seems to give a shit about that title. So I figured it had to be those that watched MTV and saw Aerosmith trying to cash in on that fad in the 80s that are all excited about it.

Are you kidding The 80s was mostly drug rehab and rehash albums 1980 Aerosmith's Greatest Hits 86 Classics live 87 Classics live 2 87 first good album in years Permanent Vacation

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Is it really that difficult to write code? Or edit pre-existing code to adapt it for the next game? I don't do pinball code. I have no idea what it looks like, how to edit it, what tools to use if I wanted to do such a thing on a Mac, or any of that. I genuinely would like to know, as I do work on plenty of other types of code on a daily basis. I'd love to take a peek at some just to get an idea what it looks like.
I also don't understand how a company as large as Stern can't have a full time code department really cranking out some masterful work on a regular basis. If only one person codes each game, I can see how it would take longer but again if that's their full time job 40 hours a week... Can anyone provide any insight?
I remember waiting for the TFTC unofficial 4.0 update for quite awhile. But that wasn't a full time job, that was getting done in chadh spare time I thought.

I would bet most young people getting out of school looking for work do not want to start their career in a dying industry doing something they have no interest in

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gomez, I'm not your average everyday fool. Now I want my BM66 Code and if you can't get it I'm gonna take my business elsewhere! Where's my Kiss machine?

LOL. Post o the year right there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 34.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,509 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gomez-promised-bm66-code-where-is-it/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.