You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Goldeneye-Pinball-machine-Cover (resized).jpg
Baywatch-Pinball-Machine-9-1 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Goldeneye vs. Baywatch

My wife leans towards Baywatch, and I am more of a Bond fan.

Pros and Cons? Thoughts?

Baywatch-Pinball-Machine-9-1 (resized).jpgBaywatch-Pinball-Machine-9-1 (resized).jpgGoldeneye-Pinball-machine-Cover (resized).jpgGoldeneye-Pinball-machine-Cover (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

GoldenEye

#3 1 year ago

Definitely Goldeneye, although Baywatch is still pretty fun.

#4 1 year ago

I own both, but Goldeneye would be my choice

#5 1 year ago

Baywatch for me. Still a keeper nearly 10 years later in our house. Great, packed layout with excellent shots and pretty good code (get the updated custom code).

Goldeneye is fun too, for sure.

#6 1 year ago

Never had a Baywatch, but I would say Goldeneye if this is a first pin and you have not been playing for more than a year. I breifly had a Goldeneye and it has something that Baywatch does not, a really neat "moment in pinball". Goldeneye has a pop up jump ramp that shoots into a satellite dish that catches the ball and waves back and forth, absolutely stealing the show. It is a neat mechanical trick that never gets old. Goldeneye also has a cool ball save that catches the ball between the flippers and throws it up. It's average on gameplay itself but unless you are a pinball wizard you are fine. Note the art on Goldeneye (especially the sides) is pretty risqué. If you are looking at a Goldeneye make sure both magnets work as those are not easy to fix and they add alot of the charm to the game.

I love Baywatch. I hope to rotate one through my basement on a temporary trade some day. I don't have as much time on one, just at pinball shows, but I think it is a better "player" of a game. Note the XL DMD screen on that is expensive to replace if it breaks, so make sure there are no lines out or issues with it or adjust your offer accordingly. If your wife is into the theme, that is another plus in its favor. I believe that Baywatch has more staying power as a solo pin.

In short, Goldeneye if it is, "Gee, wouldn't it be neat if we got a pinball machine?" and Baywatch if it's "I love playing pinball at the local joint and want to hone my skills".

Please note that buying/selling/trading pins is relatively easy, and if you get tired of either someone will come to your house and pick it up for about what you
have in it if you pay and ask market rates. You could get one for 6 months, sell it, then get the other.

Good luck and welcome to the hobby.

Here is my old ad. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-goldeneye-wife-says-must-go

#8 1 year ago

Both are great games, but I vastly prefer Baywatch. Baywatch is the longest I’ve consecutively owned a pin.

Goldeneye has great art and is pretty fun to shoot, but doesn’t have the variety of shots and staying power of BW.

#9 1 year ago

I have been fortunate enough to play a great condition well kept Baywatch and I will say it was a blast. Probably played north of 25 games on it. Great multiball action and lots of cool shots. Good theme integration too. I think it is a top 5 Sega pin. However I had a chance several years ago to trade for a Goldeneye and I'm very happy I did. Playfield layout is great. Artwork is great. Call outs are great. Toys are great. And if you just happen to be a Bond 007 fan as it sounds like you are then this is a WIN WIN WIN.

GoldenEye

#11 1 year ago

Bond. James Bond.

#12 1 year ago

I mean if you SIMPLY FOCUS on the raw gameplay of Goldeneye and remove the two magnets, the game is just good, not amazing. I like the game a lot but when you get over gimmicks on both games, Baywatch is just a better game overall. Theme is not all that important to me. Both of these are dated and cheesy so from that aspect, it’s a draw.

#13 1 year ago

Wow, thank you all for the kind feedback!
It’s clear that I can’t go wrong with either one.

#baywatch Goldeneye

#14 1 year ago

I'm in camp Goldeneye... but only by a hair.

If you are getting Baywatch, make sure the display has already been replaced by a LCD version.

All the original Dot Matrix Displays for Baywatch are going to fail eventually, and colordmd replacements are $549... but they are out of stock.

I honestly think that the shots are better in Baywatch, but the sheer joy of the satellite and 'give your ball back' toys on Goldeneye push it over the top. Magic stuff here.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

but the sheer joy of the satellite and 'give your ball back' toys on Goldeneye push it over the top. Magic stuff here.

You like those things? For me, they just take away from the experience, not add to it.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

You like those things? For me, they just take away time from the experience, not add to it.

I'm a sucker for pinball moments. The dinosaur eating the ball in DE JP, the crane moving in LAH, the building collapsing in Godzilla. Yeah you don't play it but I never tire of watching the mechanical joy of it.

#17 1 year ago

Owned both like both!

Goldeneye is a cooler theme

Bay watch is a better game with better shots

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Owned both like both!
Goldeneye is a cooler theme
Bay watch is a better game with better shots

Thank you baby Jesus, someone gets it.

4 weeks later
#19 1 year ago

Having just played several games of my Baywatch, I still conclude it is a fantastic, loaded game with every square inch dedicated to pinball fun and also built vertically.

Goldeneye is also very Sega fun and has the better theme, but Baywatch is by far the better overall pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldeneye-vs-baywatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.