• baywatch 29 votes
    58%
  • Goldeneye 21 votes
    42%

(50 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 7 years ago

How would you compare and rank these 2 pins? Thanks

#3 7 years ago

Baywatch by a mile. Goldeneye isn't bad, but most of its modes are repetitive and Q's pen is the only challenging one.

Theme is all GE has over Baywatch. BW has the better layout, dots, modes and variety.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the info.

#5 7 years ago

I've owned both. Both are really fun games. Baywatch is way deeper and more difficult. Also a great cheesy title.
Goldeneye has the satellite multiball. What an awesome toy wit the ramping popping up. I would get both.

#6 7 years ago

Baywatch has bums, boobies and the ocean theme sort of.

#7 7 years ago

You can't go wrong. Both awesome.

Some goldeneye gameplay.

#8 7 years ago

Sega games get a bad rap mostly because its fashionable by people pretending to be knowledgeable. I truly believe that about opinions in general but that's an argument for another day.

Both games are fun, challenging, well designed and constructed. But I give the edge to Goldeneye for theme, sound and intensity.
That's not to take away from Baywatch as it has a great layout and it's own challenges and fun shots. It's just that Baywatch is a little too cheesy and who doesn't love James Bond. Plus I prefer the normal size DMD on Goldeneye.

Full disclosure: Goldeneye is presently a keeper in my collection. And with my short attention span that may change someday. But for now, it rightfully has earned the spot.

#9 7 years ago

I like both of these, but I gotta stay true to goldeneye.

Owned it, love the movie, the video game, all around great for me. Fucking goldeneye all the way.

But baywatch is good too. Limited time on one, it was fun for a Sega, no doubt there.

#10 7 years ago

Both are great.

#11 7 years ago

Baywatch is probably the best-playing game Sega ever made. Goldeneye felt a bit blah and uninspired to me back in the day, but it's aged well and there's more love for it now. But then what do I know? I liked Star Wars Trilogy. :p

#12 7 years ago

Both are great, Goldeneye gets my nod for theme and rule integration. Plus, the wizard mode is really tough to achieve. Q's pen is typically what keeps you from it...Baywatch is deeper though. You cannot go wrong with either. These two Sega's feel more like Bally/Williams.

#13 7 years ago

I own both, would give Baywatch the thumbs-up. GoldenEye kicks my ass continually so that may add to my bias. Also, GE has a weird "virtual multiball" that doesn't actually trap the ball and feed another to the plunger - that is VERY lame.

Baywatch has great modes, and a deep rule set. Multi-ball is a lot of fun with great DMD/playfield "glitter" when accomplished.

-Nate

#14 7 years ago

Never played a Goldeneye, but would like to someday, maybe even own one for a bit. I have Baywatch and my wife and I agree it's a keeper for us. I was just playing it last night and every inch of the playfield is used well.

#15 7 years ago

General consensus then seems to be 'get both'.

#16 7 years ago

thanks to all

1 week later
#17 7 years ago

I'd pickup Baywatch right now just because the new movie is coming out next summer and may see a slight pickup in interest of the title by the time you're bored with the game.

#18 7 years ago

got both, both great games, cant go wrong with either!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldeneye-versus-baywatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.