GE7_M4I_SEVERNAYA_OUTPOST.jpg
sat dish.jpg
Goldeneye Dish V5SW.jpg
Goldeneye Sat Dish V4SW.jpg
image-48.jpg
image-755.jpg
P1050720.jpg
Goldeneye Sat Dish.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_nate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

I'm almost thinking some type of bowl would be usable, cut the center to fit over the magnet - just might work!!!

Check the local dollar stores.

3 weeks later
#25 10 years ago

Heck, I'll buy one - good to have a backup. Let me know when it's available.......

#33 10 years ago

Hey Swinks, it might be nice to do the dish in grey with a stipled effect (if that's possible) - the white is just so "in your face!"

-Nate

#51 10 years ago

Swinks, no no not a waste of time at all! As I say, if you could offer a grey color I think that would look excellent, using stark white was not a good idea artistically speaking! Go ahead and print up a dish, I'll take one.

-Nate

#64 10 years ago

Umm, guys, it's hysterical you going on about using plastic what-cha-ma-holders when Swinks already has the thing made?!?!?!

Just sayin'...........

1 month later
#104 9 years ago

Guys, this turned out incredibly nice! It looks sooooo much better than the original, I think if you can hunt down some black screws that would also add to the complete look!

I do want to mention that everyone's magnet core is going to be different, mine is *really* mushroomed out, so I had to take a sharp knife and gently carve out the center of the dish (we're only talking by a few millimeters.....) before it would seat itself over the magnet. Some people might not have to do as much "carving" but some of that *will* be involved.......I just don't want Swinks getting any attitudes from anyone who purchases it thinking it'll pop on in a couple of seconds - it's not a design flaw......it's dealing with a magnet core hammered to death and flattened at the edges, if you made the center cut-out larger, it would not sit snugly around the center of the magnet core (the part NOT mushroomed out).

Also, that magnet core will slide back and forth if you release some of the tension behind it via that huge nut that tightens the magnet to the mounting bracket. Pushing the magnet core outwards, away from the plastic disk sitting behind it will help the new satellite dish "bite" around the perimeter of the magnet like it should - my magnet core needed this as it was practically flush to the surface and didn't offer much surface for the new dish to fit over.

Swinks great job!!!

Looking forwards to seeing the new dishes installed - post pics!

#108 9 years ago

Zizzle, that's a great idea, doing a silver wash over the surface.

I also though it would be cool to mount some blue led's around the perimeter so that they'd come on when the dish is activated!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_nate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldeneye-satellite-dish?tu=pinball_nate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.