GE7_M4I_SEVERNAYA_OUTPOST.jpg
sat dish.jpg
Goldeneye Dish V5SW.jpg
Goldeneye Sat Dish V4SW.jpg
image-48.jpg
image-755.jpg
P1050720.jpg
Goldeneye Sat Dish.jpg
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get one. Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

Perhaps Marcospecialties can share when they may restock?

You can repaint one too.

#3 10 years ago

I'm almost thinking some type of bowl would be usable, cut the center to fit over the magnet - just might work!!!

Check the local dollar stores.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Perhaps Marcospecialties can share when they may restock?
You can repaint one too.

agree with oldpinguy, check this one out with a painted one
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161219959649?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

#5 10 years ago

Gold! I like it!

#6 10 years ago

One crack turned into two. I think another good hit and it's going to be in pieces. No paint is going to help that.

#7 10 years ago

You are right, but if you cant find one try gluing a flexible mesh on the back.
With paint may pass until you find a replacement....

#8 10 years ago

Marco emailed....no sign of getting anymore in soon.

#9 10 years ago

I just got my game in November from Cadillac music and they put a brand new dish on mine, perhaps you can contact them and see where they got it from.

#10 10 years ago

Email sent a few days ago. No reply.

#11 10 years ago

Okay. I am striking out on this. Does anyone know if they make a run of satellite dishes on occasion or are we using salad bowls soon.

#12 10 years ago

Salad bowls are genius!

#13 10 years ago

could you 3D print as a temp substitute - give me the dimensions and I can model up for you for nothing, then send you the file and you can get one printed somewhere local / by a mate.

#14 10 years ago

3D print with shapeways should solve this pretty well.....

1 week later
#15 10 years ago

Got the last one from The Pinball Resource.// Error: Image 201255 not found //

#16 10 years ago

You should get it scanned and 3d printed for the community.

#17 10 years ago

That's Greek to me. What's the process on that.

#18 10 years ago

lots of photos and some dimensions and I can model up and make it freely available for people to print

#19 10 years ago

Wouldn't mind a spare myself if anyone has one?

#20 10 years ago

How much was the one from pinball resource? If Swinks designs it, I can print them for a very reasonable cost. Swinks I can give you a cut for your work too.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

How much was the one from pinball resource? If Swinks designs it, I can print them for a very reasonable cost. Swinks I can give you a cut for your work too.

no problems, I want to draw it up as Goldeneye is on my list of pins that I want, so want to be prepared.

#22 10 years ago

I could take mine off and get dimensions to you guys as well if needed just thought it may be a bit less hassle if this one is not installed yet. I'll see his response and act accordingly.

#23 10 years ago

No problem with the photos and measurements. Because of shipping I sent it to a friend and won't have it in my hands for a month.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I could take mine off and get dimensions to you guys as well if needed just thought it may be a bit less hassle if this one is not installed yet. I'll see his response and act accordingly.

Quoted from Doozie:

No problem with the photos and measurements. Because of shipping I sent it to a friend and won't have it in my hands for a month.

offer stands, send me a pm for my email and send photos and dimensions I can model this up for everyone.

#25 10 years ago

Heck, I'll buy one - good to have a backup. Let me know when it's available.......

#26 10 years ago

Ok. I'm done. Since it's broke I might as well take some pics and measurements.

image-318.jpgimage-318.jpg

#27 10 years ago

cheers, got the photos and will need a couple more measurements so can model and make it available as a temp option for people (better than nothing). Once I get the last few measurements I could have it ready in a few days.

#28 10 years ago

in gold ball thread I'd suggested looking for an 11-12" (edit: waay too large!) clear, round bottom inside polycarbonate bowl to trim to size..
poly being much-much tougher than plexi. an RC hobby shop or online supplier will have etching paint for polycarbonate RC car bodies. if I couldnt find a suitable bowl anywhere, then fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin to lay one up by hand, epoxyglass is pretty shatterproof, not too hard to work with to make almost anything.

Post edited by zizzlemeplease: learned later this dish is about 61mm radius

#29 10 years ago

What is the strength of the 3D printing.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Doozie:

It's quite strong when you make it solid.

#31 10 years ago

if anyone ever gets this printed mine is cracked would love to have a source available for replacements

#32 10 years ago

I will have the model done in the next day and post a pic and will make a sample and post a pic of that as well. Also colorfab does a PLA with ABS qualities so will be strong and better than a cracked one. Stay tuned

#33 10 years ago

Hey Swinks, it might be nice to do the dish in grey with a stipled effect (if that's possible) - the white is just so "in your face!"

-Nate

#34 10 years ago

Hey Swinks. The last 2 emails I sent said your mailbox is full.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Doozie:

Hey Swinks. The last 2 emails I sent said your mailbox is full.

sorry, all clear now.

#36 10 years ago

I have finished the model and doing a test print now….. will report back once we get a few measurements right.Goldeneye Sat Dish.jpgGoldeneye Sat Dish.jpg

#37 10 years ago

I am still willing to print these for a very reasonable price.

#38 10 years ago

Thanks guys for making this project a reality.

#39 10 years ago

count me in for one please!

#40 10 years ago

I am considering doing a run via vacuum forming white polycarbonate, just getting a quote now but who would be in if the price was right?

An option is I could ship to say one person a batch and they on post to other guys and for their trouble of doing a post out get their dish at cost.

once I have prices I will gauge interest to go ahead.

I did a test print and when printing from the outer edge up to the magnet hole it slightly collapses around the hole due to lack of support. So only option is shapeways printing as it is powder supported or vacuum forming.

#41 10 years ago

I would think one would have to be field tested before it would be accepted by others.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I am considering doing a run via vacuum forming white polycarbonate, just getting a quote now but who would be in if the price was right?
An option is I could ship to say one person a batch and they on post to other guys and for their trouble of doing a post out get their dish at cost.
once I have prices I will gauge interest to go ahead.
I did a test print and when printing from the outer edge up to the magnet hole it slightly collapses around the hole due to lack of support. So only option is shapeways printing as it is powder supported or vacuum forming.

You can cut the design in half and print it in two pieces.

#43 10 years ago

I would be in for any new one, want to keep game forever so willing to buy a couple extras.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I would be in for any new one, want to keep game forever so willing to buy a couple extras.

+1 here

this seems like a weak toy and I'd like a spare

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Doozie:

this will give you an idea of strength, the first version of the dish under the car wheel (and I did drive up on to it). This print had 3 shells on the inside and outside of the design with 10% fill at 0.25mm layers. A ball impacting will apply didn't forces at different angles so this is not a true indication but for the fun of it I wanted to show the the print strength of PLA.

Printing version 2 now standing up on the magnet hole side and up and still a few minor issues on the outer surface that is the back side (not seen). This will print very very well via shapeways but not cheap. I have put the design out for an estimate for polycarbonate vacuum forming if they can do it. But at this point if someone wants to pay the $16 Aus postage to the USA / Canada you can have Version 2 for free to test fit for US and then the design can go to vacuum forming.

P1050720.jpgP1050720.jpg
#46 10 years ago

thinner poly might not have the sheer crush strength as that model (impressive btw) but poly sure can take impact abuse. I did a quick search for poly bowls other day, but not long enough to find a suitable round bottomed candidate for this PF item.. I'm curious, what the radius if it were a complete sphere? it'd be helpful for ID'ing an off the shelf bowl thats close enough. (glad its not a parabola, that'd be a really tough find!)

#47 10 years ago

I went away from the computer for a while and the dam computer started a update and buggered up the print pausing 2hrs in so no sample to send today.

As for the radius it is 60.5mm

#48 10 years ago

a search for "clear polycarbonate DOME" seems to get more appropriate results, some for CCTV cameras look pretty close if theyre trimmed. http://www.cleardome.com/smalldomes.htm has lots of sizes and bottom of list links for larger than 8" diameter. http://www.foodservicedirect.com/product.cfm/p/1938872/Polycarbonate-Clear-Round-Pebbled-Bowl-0.6-Quart.htm cant tell if its close to size but the price sure cheep, saw one at that site was stainless steel as an ice cream dish.

I cant really tell the size of whats needing replacement, http://bitlu.com/itemdetail.php?itemvar=100114320 is polycarbonate plastic drink lids, no hole. maybe something like that could be multi-lammed up with epoxy after scuffing the surfaces for adhesion.. glue and clamp 8 or more together tight? if the size is good, 1000 lids like that could make 100 sat dishes or more. it -looks- like about 1/3 of a sphere, or 2/3 hemisphere, but how big?

#49 10 years ago

aha, ok.. about 120mm diameter roughly 4-3/4", might be just about the size of a jumbo drink dome lid.
not trying at all to waste your time and effort Swinks, its soooo not my style or idea of a good time!
really scuffed up surfaces and epoxy lammed could be an at home do it solution, if theyre available at size.
the poly being shatterproof and the epoxy semi flexible tough when cured, probably endure abuses well enough.
some of the poly CCTV cam-domes look promising too but 30 bucks each could get spendy if cut-drilled wrong.

#50 10 years ago

yeah, feel like I have wasn't my time, but at least I can make one for myself for when I find a Goldeneye

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldeneye-satellite-dish and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.