image-757.jpg
Plastic-629.jpg
plastics GE.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Anyone have any spare plastics. Thanks

plastics GE.jpgplastics GE.jpg.
Plastic-629.jpgPlastic-629.jpg

#3 10 years ago

It looks like you already knew about them from the pics.

#4 10 years ago

Yes. But the highest bidder had LG initials in his ebay name. Thought it was another pinsider. And I only need a couple pieces.

#5 10 years ago

Ugh. Another one snapped. image-757.jpgimage-757.jpg
Anyone have an extra one of these.image-574.jpgimage-574.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Am I the only one breaking plastics. .image-298.jpgimage-298.jpgimage-976.jpgimage-976.jpg

#7 10 years ago

Thank God for lexan.image-48.jpgimage-48.jpg

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

I am getting Goldeneye 007 as my first pinball machine this Saturday, really looking forward to it!
Also, was me who bought the plastics off ebay, as some on my machine is broken.

Is this a common "issue" with Goldeneye, weak plastics, or just usual wear due to much playing?

#9 9 years ago

I'm starting to think your goldeneye is beyond jinxed Doozie.. dang!
in another recent thread about "hack of the day faking plastics", might be a good way for temp fix or keeping it good and playable at least, make the parts from some thick clear lexan, print the graphics and spray adhesive them to the undersides of the new lexan parts.. workable right now, or if done cleanly enough maybe call it art?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I am getting Goldeneye 007 as my first pinball machine this Saturday, really looking forward to it!Also, was me who bought the plastics off ebay, as some on my machine is broken.
Is this a common "issue" with Goldeneye, weak plastics, or just usual wear due to much playing?

idk for sure, it might be with time and temp changes (maybe light too?) plexi starts losing flexibility to become brittle. if parts are crazy rare expensive unavailable, I dont see any real why not making new and tougher than original, only exception being the insistent purist who'd rather leave it covered up in the garage never EVER driving it..

to just make em, it might take some time playing with brightness contrast hue saturation and different kinds of paper in a printer to get really close to "right". time is money too really, and if it looks good and aint gonna break again..

#11 9 years ago

Zizzle, there's a thread on here about making plastics - I think he uses slide off decals so you can get max light penetration - you do have to play with the colors however.........I've made scans of some of my cracked GE plastics but haven't gotten them down to size - and looking at Lexan prices at Home Depot dropped my mouth open!

#12 9 years ago

I've made a few plastic protectors for some of the risky plastics.image-956.jpgimage-956.jpgimage-638.jpgimage-638.jpgimage-148.jpgimage-148.jpg

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Doozie:

I've made a few plastic protectors for some of the risky plastics.

Good idea, should do that with mine!

#14 9 years ago

excellent idea Doozie, and yup, new lexan sheet isnt real cheap, I collect bits when I find em.

3 months later
#16 9 years ago

I have a 2 NOS slingshot plastic (left side) for sale.

Slinghotplastics - Goldeneye (Sega)   NOS! links.JPGSlinghotplastics - Goldeneye (Sega) NOS! links.JPG
#17 9 years ago

I have an extra set of these slings. They are okay but I picked up a NOS set after.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldeneye-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.