2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Var1AbL3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I have a golden eye with a magnet board that has a new ROM and the magnet board checks out just fine in another machine but I still am not getting the magnet to work in my machine. Anybody have any issue like this if you have any advice would be appreciated. Everything on the machine works just fine and the magnet board work for several months and then it just stopped working. I got a new chip and new capacitors put on the magnet board and it works in my friends GoldenEye but not mine.

#2 2 years ago

I will be following this closely as my Goldeneye has magnet issues too and I have been unable to find a solution. Is yours working at all? Like does that Sattelite work?

On my machine the Sattelite magnet works great, when activated it will grab the ball (if I shoot it right) and hold it until the end of the multiball. But, the ball save magnet is a different story. It works great at sensing and grabbing the ball but seems to only be able to kick it back to the playfield about 1 out of 10 times at best. I have since disabled the ball save magnet and it gives me the "I am invincible" ball save instead but not the same and I think I miss some of the ball save opportunities with this function turned off.

I posted here in the GE owners thread last week but got no good answers. There is a guy here that has a company called "mypinball" I think, that has made a beefed up remake of the magnet board (for GE and Twister) but I went through the thread and it sound like he made just under 100 of them but sold out. The website says sign up for the waitlist but I have and not heard anything back.

Finally, I found a Facebook group for Sega pin owners and the only response I got was "sounds like you need a new magnet board, those were never meant to last 25 years" . Not what I wanted to hear, IDK how to fix it and will watch this thread closely. I also have a pin-tech coming by later this week, if he can fix it I will let you know.

Good luck,
    John

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldeneye-magnet-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.