Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jitneystand1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have posted before that my ball save wasn't working and I had decided to order a new magnet but I haven't yet. I also had a motor issue with the satellite which I was repairing last night (wrong size motor shaft on new motor). Anyway I finished with the motor and powered the machine up to make sure it was working.I shot a ball into the playfield and was jast watching it drain to see the satellite move when I noticed the MAGNETIC BALL SAVE WORK! Unfortunately that was the only time it worked. I played a few games on it today and it never worked. The one time it funtioned last night it caught the ball and flung it onto the playfield as I thought it would. My question is would the fact it worked once lead anyone to believe it is the magnet itself that is bad and the board is fine? That is what I have been debating. I had decide to replace the magnet because it was cheaper and readily available. Just curious if anyone may have more insight on this. Just for reference I have tried to adjust the magnet nut/threaded rod up and down with no luck and I have replaced fuses.

#2 7 years ago

Is there some way to test it in the diagnostic menus?

#3 7 years ago

Yes there is. I ran it previously and could not get the magnet to grab the ball

8 months later
#4 6 years ago

Did you ever get this fixed? My magnets recently stopped working.

#5 6 years ago

Re-flow all of the header pins on the magnet board, and make sure the connecors are good to the header...

Re-seat the chip on the board as well, and make sure to reistall it correctly....

That is usually the issue with the magnet...

There is a TSB out on a light rewire for the magnet cuircut...and you can get that info from stern..it is an easyt process and the directions are simple...

#6 6 years ago

I have an extra mag board chip around if you would be interested. Replacing this chip solved my problems. BTW does the magnet work on the dish? Doubt it's your magnet, but it wouldn't hurt to get a meter reading on it.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I have an extra mag board chip around if you would be interested. Replacing this chip solved my problems. BTW does the magnet work on the dish? Doubt it's your magnet, but it wouldn't hurt to get a meter reading on it.

If he doesn't take the chip, I will. I can read it with my burner, and save the file, so I can make more for other people. I can't find the ROM file for that chip.

Bill

Edit* if anyone has a copy if the ROM file for the Mag board chip, I'd love to have a copy!

6 months later
#8 6 years ago

I realize this is an old thread, but I am in need of the magnet PIC chip, or the source code so I can try to burn a new one for mine (that I think is no longer working)

Thanks!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from WannaTheater:

I realize this is an old thread, but I am in need of the magnet PIC chip, or the source code so I can try to burn a new one for mine (that I think is no longer working)
Thanks!

I heard that the chip has a "fuse" burned out to prevent copying the code.

#10 6 years ago

Quite possibly. When you burn the chip, you can set some bits to make them non-readable. I could try to read it with my burner, but the only family of PIC processors it doesn't work with it the PIC16C5x... Which is what this is!

3 months later
#11 6 years ago

Sorry guys but my magnet catches the ball everytime it just rarely, very rarely throws it up into the playfield. It catches everytime but when it trys to throw it up it just drops the ball. Any Ideas?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Sorry guys but my magnet catches the ball everytime it just rarely, very rarely throws it up into the playfield. It catches everytime but when it trys to throw it up it just drops the ball. Any Ideas?

I recently figured out this issue on mine. Under the playfield take a look at the magnet mechanism. You'll see the magnet coil (doughnut shaped), the cylinder magnet plug and a big nut that holds them both in. Loosen the nut, screw/unscrew the magnet plug a bit, tighten nut, test. Repeat until you get it to your liking.

My plug was pretty tight up against the playfield...I backed it off several turns and now it works like a charm.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Barrington, IL
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 209.99
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside