• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Blake
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

goldeneye pinball AR final (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Thought some folks would appreciate this. First of many. Still working out the kinks and adjusting tech accordingly. Thoughts, suggestions, and or tips always welcome.

Video -

Thanks
Blake
goldeneye pinball AR final (resized).pnggoldeneye pinball AR final (resized).png

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

No comments, thoughts or suggestions? I'm sure someone has some input on what they would change/do better. Don't be shy, I have no feelings to hurt.

Thanks
Blake

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I enjoyed this guy's reviews

I like the intro with the game facts. His sound is very clear and his transitions are crisp and well placed. On my future videos there will be an external mic. I think the game play footage is average. Unless you are showing off the playfield, a toy, or a unique feature on the pin, I feel anything but a top down view is sub par. You can't see whats happening. A lot of very successful pinball channels don't use the top down view and still have thousands of views and I can't understand that for the life of me. I also feel like that review gave you very little in the way of game play footage, rules or excitement. Here is my latest vid. It's not a pin but tell me what you think of the opening and over all feel. I think its a little more refined.

Thanks
Blake

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

consider mic'ing up the speaker consider commentary over the actual sound at some points

Mic will be happening on our next vid. I love the over commentary recommendation. That we shall do!

Thanks
Blake

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Obviously a good mic is going to make the biggest diff'rence. Onboard mics make me skip a video immediately.
Ha yeah the b-roll needs some work I get what you're going for my I don't think your walls are really whip zoom worthy
The shots are also a little dark

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I agree and will be utilizing external mics on our next video. My editing/camera skills were probably not on par for what I was hoping to accomplish. Fine tuning needed ( watch the back drops). The dark part kind of pissed me off because on my straight download from the editing software it is significantly lighter. YouTubes rendering does not help. I will also say that if you view the video from a desktop/laptop or tablet vs. your phone its much brighter and clearer as well. Hard to find the happy medium. I used a 4:3 ratio on that video which allowed for the best dual shot with one being an overhead. If I was just going to do overhead I would use a complete vertical. I tried incorporating a lot with sub par hardware is what a lot of it comes down too.

Thanks
Blake

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah tech wise it takes a hot minute for sure. I think what you're saying and how you are seems well.

Cool. Thanks again and will continue to adjust accordingly.

Thanks
Blake

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Just saw this thread, haven't had time to watch the video, I favorited it and will give it a watch this weekend. Love this game, even my non-James Bond fan wife likes it. Satellite shot is Awesome! This pin follows the movie very well - really integrated with the plot. Also love the eject second chance!

Thanks and I appreciate any feedback. A super fun game for sure. Especially when dialed in. Please watch some of our latest video as well -

, so you can see how we are improving our recording techniques and editing. Also note that external mics will be used on future videos. And we have fixed our sync issue between two recording devices.

Thanks
Blake

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldeneye-game-play-amp-review?tu=blake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.