Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinwillie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi all, just picked up my first pin..Goldeneye and just wanted to know if there should be anything I need to watch out for as far as part failure or service issues. The machine was shopped prior and works well, just wanted to be prepared.

Also, what's everyones thoughts on replacing stock lighting with LED's?

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Hmmm, funny you should mention LED's - you will have a problem with "ghosting" so make sure you use the "ghostbuster" or similar bulbs that are designed to battle this effect. Mine came with cheaper LED's and they ghost like crazy.....

#3 10 years ago

And pray to god that you don't break any plastics. Those are almost impossible to find. And put a mylar over the magnet between the flippers before the crotch wear become worst.

#4 10 years ago

My Goldeneye ghosted a bit with LEDs too. I'm pretty sure I had cheapo LEDs in it ... can't remember anymore.

Make sure that the ball save works correctly and the flippers are strong enough to hit that leftmost ramp shot the whole way around. The satelite toy and corresponding ramp can be problem areas as well. You want to make sure your satelite magnet is good and strong. You also want to make sure that ramp pops up when it's supposed to.

My friend had a GE whose ramp wouldn't pop up because it was really humid outside. The playfield wood had swollen and something was out of alignment. But, the problem went away as the humididty subsided.

These problem areas are probably ones you want to test with the glass off as they arise when you hit a difficult shot.... not always easy to do when you're playing for real!

Have fun!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

And put a mylar over the magnet between the flippers before the crotch wear become worst.

Interesting, when I put mylar over the crotch, my ball save stopped working due to the ball 'slipping' more on the mylar surface vs. on the playfield surface. So, I had to peel mine off. Without mylar, the ball save threw the ball all the way up to the ramp/mode area, so it wasn't the magnet strength.

Just goes to show that each individual game has it's own nuances!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Hmmm, funny you should mention LED's - you will have a problem with "ghosting" so make sure you use the "ghostbuster" or similar bulbs that are designed to battle this effect. Mine came with cheaper LED's and they ghost like crazy.....

I see you finally got a GE...you enjoying it?! I have been slightly interested in one myself....been eyeing up a couple.

#7 10 years ago

Congrats , 007 is a nice pin , looks good with leds !!

#8 10 years ago

Pinballerchef wrote:

"I see you finally got a GE...you enjoying it?! I have been slightly interested in one myself....been eyeing up a couple."

Yeah, I'm enjoying it - it's a FAST pin, I haven't actually played it that much yet so am not flipping head-over-heels about it yet......... You are welcomed to come over some time to play it - just let me know!

As for the mylar, mine also has the "crotch mylar pad" and it doesn't affect the magnet at all - it does get spun all the way up to the start of the left-side ramps. Weird.

Time to get otta work - yippie!!!

-Nate

#9 10 years ago

I have a goldeneye as well and the playfield is mint. There is no crotch wear at all. Do you actually think it would develop in a home use situation? Is waxing enough to avoid the crotch rot?

As to problems there is a service bulletin on sterns site for fuse blowing. I had the upper left stainless guide break its foot off. I tried several home fixes but ultimately I had to to get it tig welded.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for the input all! Its been a fun game so far.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlizard:

Is waxing enough to avoid the crotch rot?

Now that's funny...

#12 10 years ago

I wondered how long until it was perverted.

#13 10 years ago

I've been looking for one for a long time!! If anyone is considering selling theirs in California, let me know.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

not always easy to do when you're playing for real!
Have fun!

True true . as I was trying for up to 6 games to do the satellite shot with them watching me and I could not for the life of me hit it ...hahaha . Enjoy the game

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlizard:

I had the upper left stainless guide break its foot off

Yeah, the ramps on the left-side get pounded because there's not much room for error and you end up slamming the ramp entrances instead, or you're trying to hit the two standups straddling the ramps there. Important to make sure your metal guides are as far forward as possible to protect the plastic ramps, often those screws will work loose.

I have some mild cracking on the right-most ramp on the left side, I rigged up a wire "brace" across the top to keep the ramp rigid - mild tension across the ramp entrance so it isn't flexing and making the crack more pronounced.

You have the url for the fuse service post??

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I've been looking for one for a long time!! If anyone is considering selling theirs in California, let me know.

heres one kwiki .....http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-goldeneye-007-for

EDIT: nevermind pick up only

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.95
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goldeneye-007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.