007 (resized).JPG
006 (resized).JPG
gt (resized).jpg
006 (resized).JPG
005 (resized).JPG
004 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

We purchased a 2005 Golden Tee Fore cocktail machine from Florida & it has some issues. When turning the machine on it will boot up w/ the controls & coin slots lit, but the LCD monitor is completely blank. Also, the machine has no sound or no indication that there is anything at all, w/ the exception of the typical machine hum-m-m-m. Can anyone refer a skilled arcade machine technician within reasonable distance of York County Pennsylvania? Much Appreciated!!!

#2 6 years ago

Cocktail?

Can you take a picture?

These things are basically computers. You can do some testing with a standard PC monitor (VGA) hooked up to the video card

Maybe the video cable came disconnected in shipping? Reseat the video card?

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply Monster, as I consider myself moderately skilled in pinball tech ~ but not so much w/ video game machines. When the machine arrived the power cord needed replaced, so I soldered a new one in position. The jamma connection was off, so I reseated that along w/ the ribbon cables that go to the hard drive/board. This appears to be a Golden Tee complete, but it does not have the typical flash drive. There is a rectangular silver box marked as such w/ the eagle rom positioned on the board. Anyhow, here are some pictures...

003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG

004 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG

005 (resized).JPG005 (resized).JPG

006 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

Plug a standard VGA monitor into the video card and see if you get 'something'

gt (resized).jpggt (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

I plugged my VGA monitor into the video card & had no such luck. At this point it appears to be board related. The status 1 green light LCD signal is blinking, the status 2 LCD signal is a continuous green light & the far right D75 red light is on. Do I replace the video card & what is compatible w/ the machine? Or do I send the boards out for repair? I pulled the board from the machine, so here are some pictures... & thanks so much for your help!

006 (resized).JPG006 (resized).JPG

007 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG

008 (resized).JPG008 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago

Is it just me, or does the video card not look completely seated?

#7 6 years ago

That caught my eye as well. The screw in the back of the card it missing.

Try removing the video card..and re-installing it

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is it just me, or does the video card not look completely seated?

#8 6 years ago

Alright fellows, I repositioned the CPU & reseated all the connections (video card) & still had the same results. Then I tested the power supply & I received the following ~ 4.73 on the -5, 5.23 on the +5 & only 10.27 on the 12volts. I also tried to readjust the power supply higher & the LED signal light went red. There is also an additional switching power supply unit (besides the standard power supply) & that is indicating green LED signal. I'm not sure if the boards needs additional juice from the 10.27 indication, but turning it upwards renders the signal red. Is this potentially a board or VGA monitor issue? Not sure where to go from here...?

#9 6 years ago

Should I just replace the power supply unit, especially considering the 12v is off by a considerable margin? Also, can anyone explain why this machine has two separate power supply units? A standard & a switching power supply unit?

#10 6 years ago

is it properly grounded / and are all screws in the boards, reseat al cables and dont interupt while in startup

#11 6 years ago

Yes, all the screws are securing the board & all cables have been reseated. The main power cord green ground wire is secured to the base screw w/ a nut.

#12 6 years ago

EDIT: Just reread what you posted. Bump for you.

#13 6 years ago

I'm going to go ahead & replace the power supply unit. With the voltage so far off on the 12v, hopefully this could be the reason why the machine is not powering on completely. If that's not the issue, this appears to be a board & or monitor problem. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#14 6 years ago

Generally on the Golden Tee boards you need to be within .25v on the 5v and 12v line. Under 11v on the 12v line is no good...you need a new power supply for sure.

#15 6 years ago

Thanks Ryan, that's what I suspected. I also ordered a Golden Tee Complete Flash Drive/Eprom ~ Just in case. I should have both installed by Friday & will keep everyone updated on the outcome. Eventually >either way< this machine will be up & running.

#16 6 years ago

This evening, I installed the power supply & No Such Luck ~ N-O-O-o-o-o-o-!-?->~~~ But of course, life goes on. All the measurements on the power supply were within .25v & still the same results. Tomorrow I should receive the Golden Tee Complete flash drive/eprom. Hopefully, the hard drive is completely crashed & this should remedy the machine playable??? ~ But we shall see. If there is any advice, that would be G-r-e-a-t-l-y appreciated!!! I'll keep you posted.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-repair-s-central-pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.