(Topic ID: 301873)

Golden Tee Multicade??

By PinPickle

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hopefully this is in the right spot.

I have some mediocre interest in Golden Tee. I have no desire for a $4k home edition. My thought is, better to spend the $4k on a multicade. I have zero desire to build a custom machine.

I have seen a few multicades with GT 2005. Does anyone make one with a newer version? 2005 is almost 20 years old and with an actual golf sim in my basement I think it would be useless. However if I can find one with a bit more current software, I would grab one.

Thanks for responding!!

#2 2 years ago

the only "licensed" one out there is the Chicago Gaming unit. Since you stated you hav no desire to make your own, this would be the way to go.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/arcade/arcade-legends-3

#3 2 years ago

Yeah that’s what I came up with too. That’s probably the way I will go. Thank you

#4 2 years ago

I was thinking the same thing before I bought a 2020 GT home edition with a 55" TV (it's awesome). The old / new classic GT cabinets are running 15+ year old versions of GT, graphics look very outdated compared to the latest ones. As a golf fan I've really been enjoying the dedicated GT cabinet.

What I've learned about multicades is that they never replace an actual real dedicated cabinet, not even close. I have a Game Gate Hyperspin multicade with 10,000+ games on it. It's cool but I still bought a dedicated Ms. Pacman / Galaga and Golden Tee 2020 cabinet as nothing beats the actual dedicated cabinet experience. Also, multicades will be running the 15+ year old GT software.

#5 2 years ago

That’s what I was afraid of with the multicades. I’m not a big arcade game guy to begin with. But I am a golf guy. I just know it won’t be used with all the other crap going on. Although if it’s in the bar area of my house it might.

If I can mount a TV on the wall I don’t need a stand then. Do they give you anything to hide the chords from pedestal to the wall? I think that would drive me crazy.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

That’s what I was afraid of with the multicades. I’m not a big arcade game guy to begin with. But I am a golf guy. I just know it won’t be used with all the other crap going on. Although if it’s in the bar area of my house it might.
    If I can mount a TV on the wall I don’t need a stand then. Do they give you anything to hide the chords from pedestal to the wall? I think that would drive me crazy.

no, but you can pick up a "cord concealer" and then put in a pass through low voltage box near the ground, then pass the hdmi cable through the wall so it comes out behind the tv.

#7 2 years ago

That’s what I figured. Thanks.

#8 2 years ago

Hello I own both and can tell you there is a night and day difference. The multi-cade Golden Tee does not compare imo. I know it seems like a lot of money for an arcade game but we really enjoy our 2020 GT and it gets played a ton. I have owned the pedestal version for two years now and feel like I still have not scratched the surface with all the courses. Great game and I highly recommend the pedestal version with a nice 4k TV(super sweet). I also feel like owning a GT is helping my son's golf game

#9 2 years ago

That was my concern with the multicade. Software is way to old.

I’m going to check out one at my disto this week. Has anyone tried the GT Go? That things like a unicorn. Not to many around. Thanks gents!

3 months later
    #10 2 years ago

I have a 2019 Anniversary Golden Tee Pedestal. The game is in pristine condition with low plays and connects to the internet . If anyone is interested let me know . Thank you .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-multicade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.