• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hocuslocus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4588 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Playing my 2007 golden tee dedicated machine updated to 2018 and all of a sudden it shut off and wouldn't come back on. I thought it was the power supply so I replaced it with the same one that was in their. That didn't work. I replaced the 2032 battery on the board thinking it was something stupid like that but didnt work. Their is power going to the power supply I checked that. The green LED light on the motherboard lights up but nothing else lights up or anything. No fans turn on, on the board or on the video card or power supply. Can anyone help me please.

#2 4 years ago

EDIT, never mind your saying it was working after the upgrade. Revert back to the old set, does it fire up then?

#3 4 years ago

Jumper from the green wire to a black ground wire of the ATX power supply connector that plugs into to motherboard. Does the board turn on? If yes, the board is either bad or needs to be reset through the bios reset procedure.

If no, possibilities include bad RAM or video card.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for responding. I tried jumpering out the green and black wire but nothing happened. The LED light on the board is lit just below where the ram goes. But other then that nothing spins, and monitor doesnt come on. Just a hum from the board connected to the monitor. Anything else I can try.

IMG_4588 (resized).JPGIMG_4588 (resized).JPG
#5 4 years ago

Also bad caps (domed) can cause issues.

1 week later
#6 4 years ago

Someone pointed out to me that 3 caps are blown. So i ordered a new motherboard exactly the same from ebay. I plugged it in and the exact same thing is happening. Can someone help me out please and thank you. I jumpered it out with the green and black wires but still nothing turns on at all. Damn computers. I miss my golden tee booooo. Please HELP.

#7 4 years ago

Might sound stupid but did you try to manually short the start button pins on the motherboard, maybe have a bad switch or a bad connection.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Might sound stupid but did you try to manually short the start button pins on the motherboard, maybe have a bad switch or a bad connection.

What pins are the ones i need to short out? The two red power pins you mean? Ya i tried that and nothing works. What else can i check any suggestions?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from EncryptedMind:

What pins are the ones i need to short out? The two red power pins you mean? Ya i tried that and nothing works. What else can i check any suggestions?

On the motherboard itself. there are a few connections for the some LED's and switches just find the one marked power and short those pins together.
Every motherboard is a little different, this vid is just to give you an idea, but its usually labeled on the motherboard itself.

#10 4 years ago

So I jumpered the black and green buttons again and finally it turned on for me. So next step correct me if im wrong but i have to change the jumper from config to bios right? Then it should start up or do i have to jumper the red pins on the board also or no?

Added over 5 years ago:

Also Im getting no signal. I tried every port HDMI, DVI and the vga but nothing. Do I need a new video card now? The fan is spinning on the video card. Any way to check if the video card is good or not?

#11 4 years ago

I tested my video card in my PC and its working fine. Anybody have any idea what is stopping it from working when plugged into my golden tee cabinet?

1 month later
#12 4 years ago
Quoted from EncryptedMind:

I tested my video card in my PC and its working fine. Anybody have any idea what is stopping it from working when plugged into my golden tee cabinet?

if you got it to turn on your good. so it didn't turn on by shorting the power pins on the mobo?
you don't see anything on the screen or is it literally saying no signal?
make sure you reset the computer every time you change the display to a different port, golden tee's are weird about syncing.
is it hooked up to a computer monitor for testing or tv monitor, I've found most computer monitors sync faster.

I don't remember ever having to change any bios settings on a GT, but if you do it's usually the boot sequence(change it to the drive first) and the power loss options (change to turn on after power loss).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-issues-1?hl=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.