17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2352 2 years ago

When I bought my Bubble hockey game,Ice offered the payment program Affirm. It was really nice paying my bubble hockey off interest free in a years time.
Has this program ever been offered on a NIB Golden Tee ? That would be great if they did!

#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

You might find a distro that would offer a payment plan maybe. But I.T. doesn't do it. Why not just charge it to a credit card with a low/zero interest rate?
Honestly, you could start saving now for a Golden Tee PGA Tour Clubhouse Edition now, and you MIGHT get a chance to purchase one in a year. That should be plenty of time to save up.

Thanks for the advice. I could pay for one out of my savings,but whenever I can use someone else's money free of charge,I jump on it.
I'd be okay waiting a year for the PGA GT,but there's not very much information/reviews yet about the game or the prices yet . Or maybe I just haven't looked good enough ?
Someone on FB said some of the Players hated the new PGA version? I think one of the complaints was the game wasn't high enough ? But some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope. Well time will tell,so I'll keep checking for new information about the new PGA GT. I do like that it's a new platform, and that might be good enough reason to wait for the new version ?

I had no intentions of buying a GT, until I saw the new Arcade1Up Golden Tee that was coming out. Then I made the mistake of of comparing the two.
I've been playing golf for 40 years,but I have never played a Golden Tee. But just from watching YouTube videos of the game,I know I'd be addicted real fast to this game.
Thanks again

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

When you say the game is not high enough do you mean the control panel and track ball are different height than the classic cabinet? Because IMO that is a massive oversight. People played this game for 20 years at the same height, you don't just go change that for no good reason. I assumed the new PGA cabinet would be identical in height/tilt for the control panel. If they changed that it's a valid complaint, especially since it's really not necessary to change. I can't imagine having the deck a few inches higher or lower would affect their design in any material way.
And I'd avoid the arcade 1up one. It only plays the old mame version of the game which you can play on any old PC. It's pretty overpriced for what it is. Grab an x-arcade tank stick and an old PC off of craigslist and you've got the same setup but with thousands of games rather than just a few golden tee versions.
https://shop.xgaming.com/products/x-arcade-tankstick-trackball-usb-included

These post are from February. And it looks like only one person thinks it’s too short/low ? Hopefully I’ll find some more information about the PGA edition.
I remember people saying that they thought the Chex bubble hockey was too low,but I have no problem with the height.

BA1CB4A9-CD65-4924-A8F4-B2B2F781A5E1 (resized).pngBA1CB4A9-CD65-4924-A8F4-B2B2F781A5E1 (resized).pngC0F02C3C-5495-4F21-912B-372AEAA1DCA1 (resized).pngC0F02C3C-5495-4F21-912B-372AEAA1DCA1 (resized).png
#2360 2 years ago

It looks like the blue button was eliminated,and there's no fly over option anymore. So the blue button was a help button? The guy I watched on YouTube claimed it wasn't very useful? Like I said,I never played before,but the fly over looked like a nice feature.

#2368 2 years ago

GT PGA machine's deck is same height, same angle.

Design changes were made in conjunction with the partnership with the PGA - new branding, new input on design.

Blue button is gone, but overhead view remains. The latest game patch has it tied to holding down 'left + right' buttons.

Thank you ! Looks like I have plenty of time to find a distributor. Does anyone know when we'll know how much the PGA home edition cost ?

#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I thought I saw $5,500 or $5,900?

Thanks,I thought I saw that somewhere too. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play one locally. There's one an hour away from me , but I'll wait for something closer to pop up.

#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks,I thought I saw that somewhere too. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play one locally. There's one an hour away from me , but I'll wait for something closer to pop up.

I found this picture,and it looks like this is the price with the tv and the stand. I’m hoping that they sell the PGA GT pedestal by itself.
I did see a golden tee live stream where they said it would also come without the stand and tv. I asked the distributor in an email,what’s the price without the stand and tv. Hopefully I’ll here back tomorrow. It’s a dealbreaker if I have to buy the stand/tv combo, then I’ll probably just order the 2021 home edition . Is there a 2022 GT,or is 2021 the last year for the legacy GT's?
Who knows, this could be the price for the PGA GT without the stand and tv.
DBCFDEBE-F5AC-4873-82AD-EF63035446C4 (resized).pngDBCFDEBE-F5AC-4873-82AD-EF63035446C4 (resized).png

#2378 2 years ago

Hopefully I'll get better feedback once the new PGA GT hits the commercial market.
I'm not a big fan of Facebook,and so far, I've read some very misleading advice on FB, pertaining to PGA GT.
I just hope I don't get too addicted to Golden Tee,like I do with video games. I only play video games during the winter months. If I played all year,I might never go outside again.
I also realize that once the novelty wares off,it might just sit collecting dust. If that happens,its off to the market place.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I think the big issue that people have with the PGA version is that it hasn't really done anything amazing yet. NFC is buggy and some clubs don't shoot the same was as the current non-PGA game. GT veterans are also frustrated that the PGA courses are easy, so they don't really see a reason to play them outside of novelty.
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see it really shine until it's been around for 2-3 years.

My main interest in the PGA version is that it'll be supported and the graphics might improve in the coming years.
And if the PGA edition is reasonable in it's price,it might have a better resale value if I decide to move it on some day.

#2384 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The PGA Edition looks cool but at this time I personally don't see the appeal of playing real world courses with GT. Why? GT is not meant to be a golf simulator, it's more of a crazy arcade golf experience with fun golf courses that don't exist in the real world, huge drives, interesting obstacles to shape shots around, etc. If I want to play TPC Sawgrass I'll go play PGA Tour 2K21 on the PS5. Playing that course with GT style play doesn't sound as or more fun then playing GT courses, hell players would be driving a vast majority of holes and then there's none of the fun out of this world stuff that exists in the GT courses.

I agree 100% . I like the crazy golf courses that you can play now,and I'm hoping that the PGA version will continue releasing the crazy golf courses in the future?

#2394 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

We have yet to be given the details on the PGA Tour Home Edition.
As for the Golden Tee home edition, we have been informed by IT that they will be supporting the current system (new courses) for at least the next 4 years. We have our next batch of games coming in mid april if you are looking to get one.
[email protected]

Hopefully we'll know more this coming fall/holiday season? Maybe then we could put a deposit down and see them shipping by next spring.

How does it work with arcade games,do they even take a deposit ? Or do you pay for the machine,and they charge your card when it's ready to ship?

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Hopefully we'll know more this coming fall/holiday season? Maybe then we could put a deposit down and see them shipping by next spring.
How does it work with arcade games,do they even take a deposit ? Or do you pay for the machine,and they charge your card when it's ready to ship?

Okay I'm gonna give everyone a break from my questions for a little while. But I'll be back ... this fall,when hopefully we'll know more about the PGA GT home edition.
Thanks everyone for your help.

6 months later
#2687 1 year ago

Just received

Color me impressed. I was sure we'd wait until 2023 before we saw the clubhouse edition hit the streets. But at nearly $7000, who the hell cares? No way I'm dropping that kind of coin on video golf. That's new pin territory.

I'm thinking the same thing,I'll just get a PS5 for my Christmas present.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=ralphs007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.