Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pghpinfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

IT's rake is .50/per player. To me-its acceptable. Their servers are hosting the match.

Chris- you forgot its also cheaper than a DUI & playing at the bar!

Better equipment will cost ya....once you buy a set or build a set of clubs-you own them forever.
Consumables- balls & tees- you will be able to use them in the HE without losing the quantity (use them in the bar and they come out of your account).
If you only play on the HE- buy the minimum qty of tees, and balls (mabey buy a dozen of a couple types to experiment with).
Build a bag is $5- I believe the prebuilt sets are $2 (?) different attributes for each set.
I can share my BAB's info if you need some advice.......

Is this true on the consumables when you play online on HE units as well? I've had a HE unit since this summer but haven't tried any of these since I figured you'd burn through them.

What ball types would you recommend? Same with the club sets? Any I should try? I have been playing with all standard stuff.

4 weeks later
#380 6 years ago

So if I buy clubs outfits custom putters etc there is no way to use them in the casual games?

3 months later
#412 6 years ago

How difficult is it to add the Silver Strike software to the new pedestals?

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

If I am not mistaken,Silver Strike was Nighthawk out of the gate, so pedestal and flat screen should be no problem.

Is there a kit or software to do this? How does one go about making this happen?

2 months later
#549 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yes, sorta
I have found with my new television or the new IO board IT sent + the majority but not all HDMI cables, I have to power up the TV first then the GT.
If I dont do so in the right order then I will never get a pic.
Hopefully that's your issue. Otherwise ya I bet the gpu is to blame.

Agreed on power up order. Same thing here.

6 months later
#747 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Four hundie + S&H

I think so. It's only $400. Compared to pinball that aint shit.

Agreed. I'm a terrible player. Been playing much less since the arrival of my son. So I welcome the swing info. It helps me learn from my mistakes & try new strategy.

Agree PW79. I like the new update too. What score do you typically get on Casual? I don’t play much online as I am not very good lol

1 month later
#780 5 years ago

What is the exact name of the Facebook group? I can’t find it

#783 5 years ago

Hmmmm......I can’t seem to find it

1 year later
#1113 4 years ago

Can you play Freaky Friday courses on the Home Edition now? If so, how do you find them?

2 weeks later
#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

If anyone wants to try creating a new group for us and invite everyone here, we might be able to get some more invites going.
My neighbors and I are always looking for games we are 10-18 handicaps.

I would be up for that. My handicap is in that range. My only online play has been the contests and I don’t see a -30 in my future lol

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've now owned my GoldenTee for almost two weeks and it's been a blast. The online features with player profiles and stats tracking are really nice. I've played probably 10 games offline and 30 online. I don't think I've played 40 games of pinball in two weeks in a long time. I'm sure I'll slow down but so far I'm having a great time. I had a few friends over last week who never played GoldenTee and now they are hooked.
My scores are not great but I've been happy to find out just how difficult online play can be. Default difficultly in offline mode is a 2 or 3 (can be adjusted) while I believe online is the highest at a 5.

Hardest thing for me to get used to online is the wind and not being able to adjust the direction of my golfer the way you can offline

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I found you I think only darkwing from Arizona. Request sent.

I added dark wing but couldn’t find Gumby510. I am Flawz in Pittsburgh or Cranberry Township

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Try chipchipperson as that is showing as my nickname. I could not find a flawz at all either. Go to the caddy and check your account area. Will have your name, account name, email ect. In there will have your nickname listed. I’m kinda new to this also as I don’t play many invites. Played darkwing tonight and boy was that dodge city brutal. It was gold bracket tee boxes all the way. Really rough.

Just sent you an invite. The more I play the worse I get so your luck is about to change lol!!!!!

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya I don’t see the invite in my caddy app.

Sorry. I sent you a friend invite through the app

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Awww yeah, Pinside Invitational getting started I do like competing, even when I don’t win.

Nice. Played my round last night, should be pretty easily beaten lol

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Just finished mine -14 had a ruff start.

Nice. Started a Pinside group so if others are looking to join we can send invites to the entire group instead of to individuals

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Everyone can PM your GT ID and I can create a group, unless someone else has started this.

I created a pinside group. If you can’t find it send me user name and I will add you

1 month later
#1286 4 years ago

How critical is selecting the proper club set and balls at the beginning of each game. I don’t bother with it and just use stock clubs, balls, and tees and wondering if that is impacting my scores both in casual and online? Of course I am not very good which doesn’t help either. For some reason lately I can’t make a putt when the green slopes right. All day long from the left, but come up empty on right,

4 months later
#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I recently picked up a routed Golden Tee Live 2020. Prior to purchase, I contacted Golden Tee support and was told I could convert it to a home version by buying a $100 chip from them which I did. Now I found out that I need an Ethernet connection to get it to work. I cannot connect with an Ethernet cable because of where the game is located. Any suggestions?

I got something like this that has an Ethernet port.

https://www.amazon.com/Repeater-WiFi-Range-Extender-Coverage-Eliminate-External-Antennas/dp/B07YZ1GH5H/ref=sr_1_5

3 months later
#1765 3 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

My track ball was having problems every 100 games or so. I would clean it and it would work great again. (max 140ish mph)
I then started putting a towel over the console when not in use and now I never really have to clean it from dust.
I don't know what it's like to play a unit where you can easily reach 150+ mph on every shot but I bet it makes the game easier. My shots avg about 130 when I try.

How difficult is it to clean? Had mine for a few years and haven’t cleaned it. Mainly because it is still spinning fine so why mess with it lol!

1 month later
#1876 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have a multi cade with 12K games, 40 inch screen, and had a steering wheel and gas/brake pedals added for the driving games. I keep wanting to play some more Pole Position 2 and Centipede (and a few others) on it, but end up mostly back at BBH and the other games.
Variety is sweet!
(Mom is addicted to the pitch and bat now, says it is the best game I have ever purchased).

Where did you get the multi Cade?

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I would love to know how to do this!

Me too

7 months later
#2088 2 years ago

Where can I look to determine what year my Golden Tee pedestal is ?

2 weeks later
#2090 2 years ago

So i guess by looking at this it’s 2016 pedestal? Any idea of what these are selling for? It is a HUO commercial unit that was converted to a home unit. Still in great shape upgraded to 2020 software and has the factory tv stand and a 43 inch Roku. I also added the card swipe unit as it didn’t come with that

C1D61180-3BD2-4B01-B9E4-5B90A71BDBA4 (resized).jpegC1D61180-3BD2-4B01-B9E4-5B90A71BDBA4 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2098 2 years ago

I am selling my Golden Tee pedestal. It is a 2016 commercial unit that was converted to a home unit. It’s upgraded to the 2020 software, always been HUO has the factory tv stand with a 43 inch Roku tv

PM if interested

3 weeks later
#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So I don't know wtf now.
the game is in my garage. IT's fucking huge. I can't get it into the house.
I need to hook it up to an ethernet cable apparently?
I called just now and they marked the thing as change over to home use machine now.
I jsut need an 80' ethernet extension cable I guess to run it to the garage. Seems like one of these idiots in sales would have asked waht my needs were, or tried to sell me the wifi dongle or something.
I mean I was clear the entire time that it's a commercial machine going to home use.

I used a wi fi extender that plugs into the wall and has a Ethernet port.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pghpinfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=pghpinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.