IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9551 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys. I'm thinking of joining the club with a GT 2018 and thought I would ask you some questions. I've always loved GT and it's probably the most played game on my emulator cab. I'm a little confused on the home vs arcade live versions. Why can't I buy a live version for my home if I want it? What's the benefit of the home version for the home? Where are you guys buying yours? What kind of actual prices are you paying for these out the door? I'm debating on a 2018 or waiting for a 2019. Any idea when the 2019s are coming? Any recommendations on websites where guys are selling almost new games (like 2017s)?
I know I have a lot of questions.
Thanks in advance.
Junky

I have the home editions in stock and will provide a free upgrade to 2019 so no real need to wait if you want one. Home editions are going to offer the same features accept you don’t have to pay commercial rates. Also commercial gets “prizes” or things that cost money. Home editions do have this since nobody is paying. Get a live subscription for $100/yr

http://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2018-home-edition/

Greg
Pinball pro

Added over 6 years ago:

Home editions “do not” have prizes

1 week later
#634 5 years ago

So I have had older Golden tee’s and have Arcade Legends with Golden tee, but I just got my new 2018 Golden Tee and excited to get going. Been playing for the first time tonight! I am not online yet as I don’t have a wireless. I need to find and order a wireless Ethernet adapter. Any recommendations?

It’s sitting in the middle of my living room so me and my boys can play!

F80E5CCB-2655-409A-91A6-F824B0E55200 (resized).jpegF80E5CCB-2655-409A-91A6-F824B0E55200 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#656 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks for the information. So to be clear it costs $.50 a game to play your buddy on-line (after the $100 annual fee)? what exactly do I need to do to upgrade it to home use? Is it just a software upgrade to do I need a hardware upgrade as well?
I appreciate the information.

The home edition is $100/yr for online play with no “per game fee” which is why the home edition is better for the home environment versus the commercial unit. When you are ready to take the plunge give me a shout!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#657 5 years ago

Well I pulled the trigger today! Ordered a 2018 HE. Can't wait till it gets here!
Junky

We shipped it out today! Welcome to the club!

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

#663 5 years ago

User name on GT is “ovfdfireman” would like to play some live games!

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Thinking of maybe getting a version of the GT... Anyone near Des Moines Iowa area. or Surrounding 1-2 hours. ..?? That would invite us over and let us check yours out..>>>??? Let me know with a PM... Gladly bring a pizza and or some beverages .. THX> NT

I am game, got one set up in Nebraska! If you like it you can take one home with you

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#672 5 years ago

I'm IN!!
[quoted image]

Looks awesome, what size tv did you end up going with?

Also if you want to share your live username when you get it that’d be cool!

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

1 month later
#700 5 years ago

Golf time!

3441A90B-314D-47C4-BB9C-3D45929D6F18 (resized).jpeg3441A90B-314D-47C4-BB9C-3D45929D6F18 (resized).jpeg
#702 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That lamp looks fragile

Fragile (Frageeelay), must be French

It’s a “major award”

1 week later
#708 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Got it! I'm pretty sure I scored. Like-new 2016 w/stand and monitor for $1600.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Hell of a deal! I am curious, being a “pay per play” unit, can you play offline without paying IT? Or were you planning to upgrade ?

#726 5 years ago

Excited to say we are expecting to get our 2019 Golden Tee Home editions in stock about Nov 7th!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#730 5 years ago

Hey Greg. Will you have the HE 2019 upgrades on the 7th also?

I hope so! They are all on order! I am guessing they will have a lot to send out, but was told “approximate” ship date of the 7th.

1 week later
#739 5 years ago

2019 home edition updates began shipping Yesterday!

New 2019 home editions shipping out today!!!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

1 month later
#758 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Joining the club.
What does everyone recommend for TV and size? Looks like the stand holds up to 50 in.
Thanks.

I have a 42” and thinks it’s perfect size. Personally wouldn’t go over 50“ using a stand. Of course if you position the pedestal furthe from the screen you can go much larger. Example pedestal is permanently behind the couch to be play on a large TV

2 months later
#836 5 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Where is the best place to get one of these new. Or, Looking for a updated version in nice shape if someone has one for sale. Want the pedestal style only. I've moved way to many of those huge gt style cabinets. Thanks Todd

https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2019-home-arcade/

2 weeks later
#846 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Hey everyone,
Question: I’m on the fence about adding a gt 2019 home edition to my game room. My biggest concern is, will it become dated real quick?
Anyone know how often software/video updates come out?
Are there any technical issues I’ll be dealing with regularly?
Thank you

These are easy to maintain and software updates are simple to do. You can buy the update every year if you want to and pricing isn’t too bad. Most new games are trouble free, but it’s just a computer, and IT dealers like me have replacement parts if you have trouble. So I would not have concerns, other 2018/19 owners can share as well

Greg
Pinballpro.com

2 weeks later
#867 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Seems like $3800 shipped is the lowest price on these? Also, what month of the year does a purchase have to be made at to get a free upgrade to next years version?

Last year I believe it was Sept 1st when free upgrades began, but do not remember 100%

I have a 2019 ready to go! https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2019-home-arcade/

3 months later
#965 4 years ago

NiB Golden Tee’s in stock if interested.
5941F9A2-8085-4D8E-9C9F-28F79497557F (resized).jpeg5941F9A2-8085-4D8E-9C9F-28F79497557F (resized).jpeg

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am in the market to purchase a 2020 model when available.

We will soon be offering free upgrade kits to 2020, so give my a shout when you are ready.

Greg

#969 4 years ago

Guys I have a 2019 upgrade kit available for a great price if you have a 2018

5 months later
#1087 4 years ago

I have been playing 2020, the new courses are a blast. Of course when you get a new game you play it a TON. We have Golden Tee 2020 home editions in stock now! Join the club!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

6 months later
#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi all, sold all my pins. I getting more into golf irl. I never played golden tee but a lot of my friends love it. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. What is the best one to get? Newest version? I'm willing to spend up to $5k. How bad they depreciate? Is it better to buy monitor stand or just console?

We have them ready to go 2020 pedestals, you should be able to get brand new up and running with an LCD within your budget

https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2020-home-arcade/

We have the new reloaded BBH as well for those commenting. The new online versions are only $5499 for the pedestal and $39.99/mo if you want all of the content like zombies and Terminator.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#1442 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Might get a new Big Buck Hunter reloaded
Appears it's $5500 plus S&H then $40 mo
Same yearly cost as GT but in this case a requirement for it to play.
Unless opting for the $10K offline cabinet.
Seems a bit steep but I say that every time I price stuff
Anyone here got a new one online?

I do, and when set to free play it’s no cost for BBH, it’s $39.99/mo for online and premium content. That’s what I would recommend versus offline. Take a lot of months to cover the difference in cost. https://pinballpro.net/shop/big-buck-hunter-hd-offline-panorama-arcade-game/

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

3 weeks later
#1454 3 years ago

If you are in the market for a new Golden Tee, the machines we sell after Sept 1st will receive a no cost upgrade to 2021, so if you are interested in ordering a Golden Tee 2021 you don't have to wait.

Greg
pinballpro.com

Direct link - https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2020-home-arcade/

2 weeks later
#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Anyone near Denver have a 2019 home edition (not operator) security chip I can pick up today? I know it’s a long shot. Will pay fair price.

I believe I have a Nib 2019 upgrade kit still in stock

2 weeks later
#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I saw that. Only 30 courses and no online though

We have NIB Golden Tee pedestals in stock with free 2021 upgrades if you are in the market

Greg
Pinballpro.com

4 weeks later
#1600 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Anyone know the best person to contact for pricing on a new HE? The name I see on the Facebook groups is Brian Roske, but wasn't sure if there was anyone else worth chatting with.

I have Golden Tee in stock and the new 2021 Coming Nov 5th, also have "go"

https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-2020-home-arcade/

https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-go-portable-golf-arcade-game/

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

GT2020 (resized).pngGT2020 (resized).pnggtgo (resized).jpggtgo (resized).jpg
#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If anyone is upgrading to 2021 and didn’t pay for next day shipping, I’m expecting the have the files Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I can throw them on a Dropbox.
Not my source, but a very nice Facebook person.

How does that work? Don’t we need the chip?

2 weeks later
#1653 3 years ago

Well we are ready when you are! 2021 in the house!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

ECBC127E-D8B5-44D3-82C8-67A67D649358 (resized).jpegECBC127E-D8B5-44D3-82C8-67A67D649358 (resized).jpeg
#1654 3 years ago

Woot woot! Update in progress! Can’t wait!

5BB1F918-9C8B-47CE-8066-B02D5B94BDE5 (resized).jpeg5BB1F918-9C8B-47CE-8066-B02D5B94BDE5 (resized).jpeg
#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Twice chatting with you this morning. Thanks. Maybe ordering this weekend.

Sounds great happy to help!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

1 week later
#1671 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

From an old post above. I’m finding that I can’t upgrade my 2018 w/o the $100 online fee? I’m not interested in online so why would it be required?

I think I have a 2019 upgrade kit and a 2020 upgrade kit, that could get you closer, not sure how that would effect your upgrades

1 week later
#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I am close to getting the Goldenteetogo. It seems like the same as the home version but less space. Does anyone know yet if the connectivity to upgrade is working through the port yet? Its there but no operative apparently?

Just so you are aware it is not the same, it is still fun, just 30 OFFLINE courses are available. So less than half and no online function. Here are some additional details https://pinballpro.net/shop/golden-tee-go-portable-golf-arcade-game/

Greg
Pinballpro.com

2 weeks later
#1770 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Price check, so what does a used 2020 non home edition pedestal only go for?

$3000 or more depending on condition. It would surprise you how worn a route game can be, or how fried the monitor is. Yes LCD can burn in images. Plus you have to drive to get it or pay shipping.

I have new home editions in stock if you want the most current edition delivered right to your door, with warranty etc

2 weeks later
#1842 3 years ago

I still don't get it. They admit home ownership is at an all time high. Won't this announcement affect future sales for HE? Plus focusing on a commercial unit during a pandemic seems odd. Even after the vaccine rollout is successful people habits of going out will be different.

Sure feels that way to me, however if it’s not available for home then I suppose it may not be relevant. What a lot of folks may or may not realize, a license costs money. My guess is IT/PGA is looking for continued revenue, and home Edition users do not pay per click. The goal here is to drive customer back to the bars and to stimulate business for the struggling operators. Give people a reason to go out and start playing again. Offering at home would kill the market they need most. Companies need to find creative ways to drive people back to pay per play, operators need it and bars need it. We aren’t there yet, but it’s just a matter of time if the vaccine proves successful.

I think it would be wise for IT to consider a new mode or PGA type add on to the home edition machine. This would add some excitement. Many companies offer home variants, if you want full commercial that is certainly an option but will likely cost more as they are meant to be revenue producers. Usually the home market gets things a bit later.

#1845 3 years ago

I think you're in the minority. A person would have to have room for 2 machines. And drop over 10k. I don't see the market being big enough. Pinside is its own world. Dropping 10k isn't a big deal to many here but for 99% it is life changing money.

You make a very good point, and you are dead on. I don’t think most people will buy it for the home, I also don’t think this product was designed for the home market in mind. We have to remember first and foremost these games were meant to be coin operated profit making machines. IT still needs to innovate new products for the commercial market as well. This market is certainly struggling right now, but to release a new product for the spring/summer is smart. It’s a marketing move and they are keeping active despite the circumstances.

IT has two markets, and it is perfectly acceptable for them to release a new product for the commercial market IMO. I think it’s awesome they also have home market items, but I can see why they might be different than commercial games. Right now the commercial market needs attention.

I am seeing LOTS of different strategies, while IT has offered the home version for some time, many companies are releasing home products that never have before! For example I have recently added a couple new home products from Skeeball and Spider 360. Both are new in the last several months. ICE has a new home division as well hitting the market, and Raw Thrills just release a home version of Jurassic Park arcade.

The game market is changing and I think companies are exploring different ideas, and I think it’s really awesome to see these companies innovate!

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

1 month later
#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

It does when they want you to believe they are going to keep providing support. With the PGA tour coming out the original will be obsolete in a few years.

Providing updates “is” supporting it. If you already own a game and they provide you with updates, what more is there. Also how does discounting the price of the current update make me “believe they are going to keep providing support” for the platform......I guess I don’t follow the logic. I will buy the updates as long as they continue to provide them, especially since I already own the game. For those that do not, then I suppose it’s irrelevant if it’s being supported or not, and it still the exact game you bought.

Any brand of any game eventually will move to a new platform or become obsolete, not any different than Golden Tee complete, or Big Buck World. People are still playing those.

We are all aware a new one is coming, but I don’t see our current becoming obsolete anytime soon, there will still be a ton of us with them paying exactly as we have, and I don’t see IT refusing our $100 live subscriptions. While we may not have new courses coming out, we will be playing these for many more years even after the last update.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=ovfdfireman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.