17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Here are some pictures of how I did a Cutdown for my route.
JJ

wow nice. So the monitor outputs VGA and you can just wire an LCD?

11 months later
#555 5 years ago

An employee of mine is sort of curious how much a 2005 or 2007 GT is for his house. Is there a price range for the older ones?

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I bought a 2005 GT Complete with scrolling marquee last year for $650. Not sure if that was a good price but I am happy with it.

Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

Thanks all, sure is heavy enough!!!! I only paid $250.00 for it. No scrolling marquee.

Perfect! I just wanted to see where GT Year vs cost was under 1k so I can give me a list so he can pick a year that fits his budget. I think they can be upgraded so that can be down down the road for him. I'll hit up Kingpin games and see what he has as well incase I can't find one local

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

What area are you located?

Northern Minnesota.

Kingpin is maybe 4-5 hours away. The Twin Cities is 2-2.5 hours south of me.

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

Go to Facebook marketplace. You can select a city and search radius up to 100 miles around it, that's how I found this one. Good Luck!

ugh, I'm not on FB...sometimes it can suck for things like this or pinball league things but the drama!

He has it I bet, I'll let him know.

So I have a betson account, but where do people get the upgrade kits to go like 2005 to 2009 or 2011? I also assume if you don't pay for online, you need the unplugged version?

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

Well, UPS dropped off my new HAPP RGB LED trackball and new led buttons (the old ones were gummy from the bar environment). This weekend I'll cut down the cabinet, add some diamond plate and post some pics. Is there anywhere that sells new overlays or inserts for the top?

post pics of your progress!

#573 5 years ago

Do they sell units that can play all that style games? So you could drop in a dollar and pick what game? I mean, it isn’t dedicated but man that would be handy.

2 months later
#641 5 years ago

https://www.arcade1up.com/

On desktop web browser is taking a poll of people want GT. I think that would be a sweet 3/4 game to have. Just hope it isn’t the ultra old one. But it is a step!

5 months later
#811 5 years ago

Is anyone excited (at least a little) that Arcade 1up is making a GT version? Comes with Golden Tee ’98, ’99, ‘2K, and Classic ’01 and uses a HAPP trackball. I played one quick at CES and it was not too shabby.

IMG_1168 (resized).jpgIMG_1168 (resized).jpg
#815 5 years ago

Haha, ok, so I did play it at ces and yes it was a tad close to the screen. Once you learn how to spin without hitting the screen it works, but it was a few swings of adjustment. I like the idea of a $200-300 GT that fits in my house or work without having to stoop to a 97’ only in a big cab.

1 week later
#833 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

How big is the trackball, that tiny cabinet makes it look like its got like 5" trackball.

I haven’t seen it since ces but it was 4-5”?

1 year later
#1847 3 years ago

I have a friend who may be able to get me a "broken" golden tee complete. Looks like it has the early 2000's games on it and a huge cab. Is cutting the original cab to a pedestal as easy as the YT videos hint at? Is this even worth monkeying with?

4 weeks later
#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a friend who may be able to get me a "broken" golden tee complete. Looks like it has the early 2000's games on it and a huge cab. Is cutting the original cab to a pedestal as easy as the YT videos hint at? Is this even worth monkeying with?

So, I ended up getting it. The game is in cold storage for me to come pick up, but it is a decent looking GT Complete Fore!

1 month later
#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So, I ended up getting it. The game is in cold storage for me to come pick up, but it is a decent looking GT Complete Fore!

Just in case anyone swings to this thread with a broken CRT game. The screen was black and we thought it was dead some how. The brightness and contrast were cranked and alive cam the monitor but dim/hazzy. Cleaned the video card connector and contacts, new jamma connector and repinned all wires at jamma, cap kit for chassis (k7500), new remote board. STILL the dim screen. Found a thread on klov about R811 going out causing this.... seems interesting. Ordered a 75k 1/2w 5% resistor and replaced, old one was reading 0, new one was correct. All working now. Also if you have an old GT I do recommend the CF update, man it loads way faseter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.