17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nascarrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

359 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nascarrey. You are on page 1 of 2.
#46 7 years ago

Hey guys-new to the group! Just picked up my first pin a little over a month ago. Picked up an Evel Knievel and a Blackwater 100 from an estate sale.
I knew I wouldn't be the only one with a GT HE...lol Got mine in late 2015.
Nickname is
*SMOQUE..IT!*
or search Rey K
Im a 21 HC
Feel free to add me!

For anyone who is thinking about buying a HE, there are better prices than the Game Room Guys....If you're on facebook, check out this group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/
There a couple of different distributors selling new pedistals on that page.

1 week later
#53 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Got a Golden Tee?
Is it online?
Myself & Pinsider "Sfish" are looking for some more players to join in.
We can play for cash prizes or glory.
I'm a terrible player BTW

I guess i'm the terrible player-you guys made me look silly in the 2 invites we played....lol
Guess its because i've been banging on the newer courses for over a year now.
What year are your machines update to (for reference on future invites)?

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Man I shot 26 over on a match yesterday so I feel your pain. I'm hot one game & so cold the next I consider closing my GT account & selling the game lol
I'm running 2017 & plan on updating yearly as long as my game works. (My 3rd Nighthawk in 30 days is sitting next to me)
GT Live is fantastic. Dare I say it's superior to pinball?

Wow- 3 nighthawks in 30 days? ouch.......
RC is the hardest of the old courses IMO......I don't enjoy playing that course-super tough.....lol
Ironically, playing these older courses lowered my HC, played a game at the bar with my friend yesterday and got 1st in an online tourney-nice $10 win....lol
I've been playing GT since it first came into the bars......but ive been playing pinball way longer.....

#58 7 years ago

By specialty, do you mean 'cut' and 'slice & hook' shots? Those take a long time to master.......speed and angle......
Im at almost 2000 games played (1200 on my HE) and im still learning......
Also- have you bought any 'in game' equipment? $2 club sets or a $5 BAB, and $.50 for 12 golf balls.......
Im using Barrage balls, another fav is the Grabber....
I have done BAB clubs for the 2016 courses, for 2017 im using these club sets until I BAB...
Juniper, Ruby & Sandy- Surge
Teal-Flares
Pine-Vultures
You HAVE to buy them in game to be able to use them on your HE.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Golden Tee 2017 home edition cabinets look pretty darn cool. Looks like all 60 courses are in 1080p as well. The only downside is that the yearly updates are $500...I wonder if updates for the home edition are cheaper? If I bought one I would probably just update every 3-5 years.

The yearly updates are $499 (ish). IT ran a special for HE owners last fall-play all 55 courses once and get $55 off the 2017 update. IT also handed out prizes to the top players (combined scores under par on all courses-only your best score on each course). Granted you had to be updated to 2016 to get the discount.
Current update pricing per Livewire.
Home Edition Software Pricing
2015 to 2016 (5 Courses)
$449 + Freight and Tax
2014 to 2016 (10 courses)
$549 + Freight and Tax
2013 to 2016 (15 courses)
$599 + Freight and Tax
2012 or Older to 2016 (20+)
$699 + Freight and Tax
+ $100/year online fee

Quoted from thestreetzking:

Yeah I'm dying for a newer game now. I been watching some videos trying to get better, some of these guys online are nuts. Hitting -30 on some courses
I hit a hole in one on 2005 fore the other day, I have owned the game in the past for years and never was able to do it, did it on day 2 with this one..

Nice on the HIO! There are many players who make a living playing GT for $. They have a tour in different cities across the country. I've been to the one in Chicago the past 2 years-everyone I met there was happy to spin a game and help me improve my game. Great bunch of guys that love to party. Its customary for the winner of the tourney to but a round of shots for the bar.....
GT Fan page on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoldenTeeFan/

GT Home Owners page

Lots of good info/links/you tube vids of great shots in those groups if youre on FB.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

So if I have a Golden Tee Live 2014 that has never (to my knowledge) been online, if I upgraded it would become a 2017 Home Edition with the $100 annual fee if I want to play against other people? Since my cabinet is the old Fore style, I'd have to buy a card reader too?

You might need a nighthawk upgrade also......if you are on FB post in the Home Owners group-there are a lot of knowledgeable people that will point you in the right direction. And everyone at IT is super helpful also! Instead of buying the card reader- get the key pad! I know that they are $100 and you wont have to keep re-ordering your player card when the magnetic strip goes out.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Playing some unofficial Golden Tee from 2001 on my new Hyperspin cabinet. Amazing graphics, lol. Would like to have one of the newer live cabinets one day.

Love the old GT! I've been looking for a GT Complete around Chicago and would love to put it next to its younger brother. Started playing the game when it first appeared in the bar. The old versions were fun-if I was having a bad round- it was time to break the windows on the clubhouse!

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Played 36 tonight solo while I watched the Celts game tonight. I had mine a year already and bought new for around $3500 delivered or less for a used one and would recommend GT to anyone. I could buy GT or add another pin like Ripleys or a RS and I say bang for your buck and/or getting four of the right friends to play for a couple of hours together GT wins every time.
Good way to diversify your Gameroom portfolio.

I notice you didn't watch the Bulls game- 'cuz they didn't show up the last 4 games of that series! LOL

#79 6 years ago

That stinks. So you are saying you may just sell it or give it back?
Are you going direct through IT to solve the problem? They sent you a refurb PC for your 6 week old brand new game? Can't they just get a new one, open and test it and then send it to you?

Who are you dealing with at IT?

Quoted from huo:Do you have to be on the latest update to play online? Anything to look for in particular on a home edition?

No- don't have to be updated to a 2017 to play online....

#96 6 years ago

Anyone have the link to the Facebook group that knows everything about GT? I heard of them but am not sure what group they are.

See post # 67 in this thread.

Quoted from huo:Do you have to be on the latest update to play online? Anything to look for in particular on a home edition?

But to play 'invites' you MUST be updated to 2017..

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

1st PC constantly dropped audio
» YouTube video
2nd PC had terrible intermittent static & was prone to locking up
» YouTube video
3rd PC is just a pile of shit lol. 55-65 second latency tests, ethernet LED's never lit & it likes to reboot & fail to load the GPU or its drivers?
Ive tried...
Different cables (HDMI, AC, Ethernet)
Different inputs
Different TV's
Different power strips
Different outlets
Playing with sox on & off (static)
Playing with AC on & off (interference)
Playing online & offline
After this IO/PC swap there is nothing left to try but a populated cabinet trade IMO.
Im also bummed the warranty is only 90 days considering it's never worked 100% this whole time.

Man, that sucks......wish I had some info to help you figure this out.........have you posted in the HE group on FB? There are a few knowledgeable peeps in that group and a bunch of tech peeps that might be able to help.....just a thought.....

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

New IO & PC installed.
So far no issues but based on historical data it should burst into flames & shoot out lightning in a few days/weeks.
Anyway I appreciate the info & advice guys. If issues arise I'm just gonna get a new cabinet with new devices & new/correct wiring.

This was a NIB pedistal that is causing these headaches???

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

True
IT really needs to work on their search feature

Agreed....IT is working on a lot of things behind the scenes to grow the game......if you haven't joined the FB group for home owners-you should. You'll get to see a lot of great shots and info on improving your game. The guys at IT pay attention to and comment on the topics and posts in the group.

1 week later
#116 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

To play online its $100 a year
To play an online match against friends for cash or glory ($0) its $0.50 per player per match. Yes $0.50 per player per match even if not playing for prizes which IMO is super bogus.
You can buy clubs & gear via the app. It is not free. More bogus. Maybe its because home owners can play against location players that wager?
Its free to play stats online or to join a non custom lobby for glory play if you pay $100 a year
What sucks is the promo video makes it seem as if you buy a home edition & get all this cool shit... nope.
My daughter was excited to dress her golfer up but nothing is there. She can earn costumes via hole in ones & eagles or since shes a kid the only option is to buy them, with money, like with real American currency. So I have to synch up my CC# to her profile & log out of my app, sign in as her to get a hat or shoes? ... F Golden Tee in their faces for that. Its a home edition & your $4K unlocks nothing lol
Yet I still would reccomend you get one. Its fun!

You earn golfer 'accessories' every 5 games, every 10 eagles, every 30 birdies, each double eagle and each HIO.
Better equipment is purchasable in the app. Longer flying balls, longer hitting clubs, etc......
$100/year or $9.99/month for online access.
There was a NIB tournament this year. NIB=not in bars. For HE owners only. Winnner got $2500.
Invites- you can add your friends and play head to head (separately on your own HE) for $, IT does get a .50 rake from each player in the invite.

#133 6 years ago

Sisters needed a last minute b-day idea for me-luckily they live close to IT's HQ. Took less than 5 min to install.....plug and play.

IMG_20170514_184035480 (resized).jpgIMG_20170514_184035480 (resized).jpg

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Ok we are going to offer a deal $3500 Shipped to your curb any where in cont usa for GT Live Home. No Tv Stand. Tv stand is $495
Yes Late October is when they normally get Protected for 2018
Here is the Link.
https://gameexchange.biz/products/golden-tee-golf-live-home-2017
Use Discount code GTGhomepinside
JJ

Good deal here!

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If possible get your cabinet ID before it ships.
I kid you not IT wants you to fax or email in a form & then wait... like 1-3 days. You cannot download the form & fill it out on your device either because the PDF is locked. You cannot go onto a website & enroll for IT's online service. If you call into customer service they will not complete the transaction over the phone.
Get your cabinet ID and enroll before the games ships!
Also I do believe every game has a note inside the cabinet packaging offering a 30 or 90 day free trial membership.

I was online within 48 hrs of submitting the form.......... Josh Pick is the man.....very responsive to emails......

#147 6 years ago

GT just had the World Championship in Vegas. If you have never seen the pros shoot-this video is worth your time. Players qualified by world wide ranking-and there was a spot given to the top HE owner (actually 2-1 in states where prize play is legal and 1 from non prize play states) . Mark Stenmark takes on Joe Massara in the final two matches of the 2017 Golden Tee World Championship! Mark was king of the hill (undefeated in bracket play so Joe had to beat him twice to win the title-double elimination tourney).

https://www.facebook.com/GoldenTee/videos/vb.74545898948/10155517572953949/?type=2&theater

Tourney coming up in Chicago weekend of July 22nd. I have gone the past 2 years for the Friday night handicap and had a blast! Some of the nicest people youll ever meet, everyone was happy to help me improve my game and answer questions....they love to imbibe and play GT! I cant imagine some of the bar tabs these guys have over the course of the weekend...full schedule here

https://www.facebook.com/PEGTtour/

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

my interest is growing for this game. I love pinball and am a big golfer (in real life). When I watch people play on youtube putting seems super easy, almost a gimme shot. Is that the case? seems like they take no time lining up a put and sinking it.

Putting is the toughest part of the game imo....I can drive the green and totally miss an eagle putt...I palm putt but a lot of the pros thumb putt.....I tried to change my putting and gave up.....lol went back to the way ive been putting since I started playing this game 20 years ago.....old dog doesn't like new tricks I guess...lol

If I remember when I signed up I filled out an editable document, signed it in 'paint' and emailed it back to IT.

#153 6 years ago

It is pretty easy to putt but can bite you in the ass in a close match if you mess it up. Steep sloped greens can be a little more difficult, but there are not many on each course. GT was made to make money and if putting is super challenging players would be putting to much and not paying to play another round. The fun shot are long deives through buildings, over volcanos and through Elephants legs anyway.
On a good note though casual or new players can easily play ok on GT, so they enjoy it. A so so player can play with a good player and be fine also. Not so much in pinball.
If you and your friends play golf it is a no brainer to get. It is the best when I have a four player GT game going on wtih some beers at my house.
Call JJ!

"Through Elephants legs" know anything about the 2018 courses you'd care to share with the class??? Thought I saw someone who was 'testing' the 2018 courses for IT post about that....Elephant course in the 2018 update.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Im ordering my GT kit from JJ in a couple days and im trying to plan ahead. Question for you guys regarding monitors. I was thinking of doing a 50" Samsung Curved monitor. Has anyone played GT on a curved monitor before? With the monitor being close to the player I thought the curved monitor might be pretty cool for player at such a close distance.

I haven't seen anyone say that they have used a curved monitor.......most bars are using 42" tvs. I bought the tv mount from IT and put a 48" on it (at the time it was $280 from Best Buy). Most HE go with the 42 so when they play in bars its the same (perspective)......are you on FB? If youre on FB-join the group and post that question!
FB GT HE group link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/?multi_permalinks=706595139525026&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1495681553365892

Also just announced today....

Adam Kramer
3 hrs
Good news. Looks like we'll be doing another Home Edition event in June (and into July). Wrapping up final details now, but should have a full breakdown early next week.

#157 6 years ago

PP is listed on the Live Wire page still.....

https://livewire.itsgames.com/ppg/what-is-pp

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Yep, I'm a member there. Good idea to ask there.
I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the monitor mount. Kind of tough to swallow at $500 when I can wall mount for about $30. I do like the idea of being able to easily move the pedestal with the monitor attached if i want to relocate it.

Im not sure you could move the ped with monitor attached....the mount is a beast......tv would need to come off before moving I believe...I need to rearrange my GT/pin room soon, so I guess ill find out if I need to detach the mount from the pedestal before moving.
If ya wait- you can always order it later if you don't like the wall mounted monitor....if It has them at their Vernon Hills location you could grab one later....(would save $ on shipping at least).

Quoted from halpain24:

Im enjoying these invitationals. Just wish there was some small message board on there to message the group. Maybe not necessary but would be nice.

I believe IT is working on some upgrades on the features of the invites......in app messaging/group/invite messaging would defiantly be an improvement!

1 week later
#167 6 years ago

Ouch.....not again??

You wont be able to bang away is this HE event....

https://livewire.itsgames.com/news/13256-the-summer-swing

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It works. It just threw some errors during a reboot.
After a 30 second phone call IT basically said "shit happens, linux stuff, its fine"
We shall see.

LOL Good luck!

#173 6 years ago

Anyone else seriously spinning a lot of games for the current GT HE contest? I don't have time ATM, and am only playing the 10 needed weekly to qualify for the free giveaways...lol While banging 8 in a row on Juniper, I got in a contest with a nice set up and pulled this outta my azz...a new PB! I definitely needed the HIO on 17...lol

Screenshot_20170608-103535 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170608-103535 (resized).png

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I haven't played a 2017 course in so long my rank is currently 0
That is a sick score dude. Man that is insane!

Thanks! I had to get in 8 more games that evening, so I started playing, was put in that contest 4 times in a row (until it was full)-so I was able to lock in most of the shots-so that -27 has an asterisk by it (imo). my other scores weren't too bad... -23,-22 and -22. Guess ill get me 10 games in on Pine this week......

#182 6 years ago

Hit my 3rd hole in 1 in gt2005fore. Gonna order complete kit on the 22nd of the month.
I have them all on YouTube but idk how to embed the video, only posts the link when I try

Links work too......I like seeing other peoples great shots!

#186 6 years ago

Just hit #4...
» YouTube video

Youre right-vastly different-but same principal.......newer courses require more cut shots.....takes some getting used to..

Quoted from PW79:2018 will contain Germany, Africa, a home grown suburb course, Barbados &.....
NIGHTIME GOLF IN DUBAI
Hoe
Lee
Shit
Also they will drop 2 of the classic "Fore" courses on us later on in the year
I am excited.

^Love this-although we HE players wont get our updates until over a month after theyre released to the bar vendors
Going to have to spend more time in the bar when its released..I did find a location with $3 stats/$4 prize play-most vendors are $5 for prize play.

Good to see IT thinking outside the box with the new courses........

Anyone else see the network go down last Friday? lol

#187 6 years ago

Going to this event is a few weeks....one of my bar GT friends and I are gonna play in the handicap tourney fri nite.
If you have never been to one-they are a blast. Theyre even having a 'play with a pro' if ya get there early fri.....great chance to pick up some pointers.....I highly recommend if you want to improve your scores and have a fun evening.

PE (resized).jpgPE (resized).jpg

#188 6 years ago

Heres one of my fav HIO's....chased this one all year Antelope came out...lol

#189 6 years ago

Hit this at the bar with the sat afternoon GT group a few weeks ago...little cut shot....

#191 6 years ago

Thanks thestreetking! I learn every day also-even after 2060 rounds.

For the record, my real name is Rey-im a big nascar fan-go figure....lol

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

$1,650 for a 2008 live. Seems like a good deal?

Price seems a bit high for a 2008......lots of peeps are cutting those cabs down and making pedestals out of them.....

If youre on FB, keep an eye on this page.....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693886884125319/

1 week later
#200 6 years ago

Playing in the HC tourney tomorrow night at the Windy City Open in Palatine....

Anyone welcome to show up. Theyre having a 'play with a pro' before HC tourney. Great chance to pick up some pointers and spin a game with some of the GT elite...

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Looks Like just a dirty volume from being powered down with out shutting down (which you can't shut down GTG anyhow) No worries

Would cost you about $750 for the 2017 update kit. you would need the Ram update as well which is from my memory about $150. so about $2550 plus shipping. Not a Great nor a bad deal. Mostly Depends on the condition of the Monitor as mentioned above likely a CRT. Also the Boards and Track ball. Most guys do not like the upright machine so they end up doing cut off's on them.
JJ

I have a friend who is doing that with old GT & SS cabs......they actually look good after theyre cut down....

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Yep they do. Not as good as the Dedicated new ones but they look good. I have a few on my route
JJ

Can I ask, what $ are your routed GT games set at for prize play? I can only find one local place to me set at $4, of course the beers there are more expensive than my usual place.....

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

IT released pics of the new Dubai night time course!
Those of you on the fence... Are you finally going Dubai a new Golden a tee or not?

You'll be here all week?? And don't forget to tip your servers!

At the tourney last week I was paired with Sean Gervais in the 'play with a pro' before the handicap tourney friday night. Power Events paid for the 2 of us to spin 2 games together. Sean gave me some pointers and let me pick his brain about everything GT.
Played in the handicap tourney, played 'Urban Meyer' in the first round. He was giving me 7 strokes, I shot well and he was chasing me all game (ended up with a -22). He watered hole 16 and it was over. In the second round I played Sean-how ironic! I choked and missed a putt I should have made and we tied after 18 (I was getting 9 strokes). So we had to play another 9-he HIO'd 7 and beat me. Usually we would quit after 9, but he was -15 at the turn (-2 to GT par) so we finished the game. He ended up -30!
Got to meet another HE owner from Sandwich, and another local player from Plano. The 3 of us and my friend from my bar played a game for shots! Had a great time-met some new peeps and spoke with some peeps I have met in the years past. Had a great time! There was 18 machines set up and it was never a problem to find someone to meet and spin a game with.
If you are near one of these events-definitely go and check it out. You are guaranteed to make a few new friends and have a great time!

1 week later
#217 6 years ago

Woah.. $575???

Quoted from stpcore:If anyone (on a budget) in Chicagoland wants a pedestal / showpiece style Golden Tee 2017 Home Edition at an affordable price I'll be finishing up this one next week. It was a upright cabinet that I cut down to make a pedestal. The Nighthawk (computer that runs the game), CID, and I/O were from a Golden Tee 2009 that I upgraded to 2017. All you need is the TV for display. It does not have a card reader or dollar bill acceptor (not necessary for Home Edition) but a card reader can be purchased from IT for $90 if you choose and is also plug and play (easy to install).
I'm listing it locally at $2350 but happy to offer it to a Pinsider for $2000. I'm honestly not sure that you can buy a GT 2017 for $2000 anywhere right now? Would also consider trades plus/minus cash for pinball related items.
If for some reason this kind of a post is not allowed here I apologize and mods feel free to delete it. I was just thinking this may help someone on a budget that wants to start playing and this thread is a one of a kind on Pinside.

Not a bad deal on this........
Skip the card reader (they all go bad eventually) and get the key pad for $100. Took me 5 min to drill holes and install it.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thinking of buying a new GT. I see there are versions with and without monitors/stands. There is also home and online versions. If you don't want to play online, is there any point in buying the full/online version? Where is the best place to buy one NIB with shipping to MD?

MD=Maryland?? Or do you mean Down Under???

Basically the Home Edition is the same as an operator purchased machine without the bill/coin acceptor. Hardware is the same. You just wouldn't connect to internet......

#222 6 years ago

No prob...monitors and stand are separate..... I bought stand, but you could mount your TV to the wall.....

Hit the guys in this group up with pricing/logistic questions....

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Quick question. If you have a Golden Tee Live 2016 offline, has never and will never connect to the internet, is there any way to do player tracking? Can I install the keypad or card reader and have it save people, golfer, stats etc? I thought the answer was yes, but IT is saying no.
Thanks.

Nope. Must be connected to the internet to update stats, etc.
Online yearly fee $100
Key pad $100
Then you will be able to track your stats and play online.......

1 month later
#236 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

FYI to the Pinsiders I play GT online with...
My playing has slowed down a bit over the last 2 weeks but I'm getting caught up on invites. We had a baby, work has been busy & I added a new pin so I have a good excuse for letting invites sit until the last minute.
SUPER ALBATROSS!
2018 update is nearing.
OMG!
I cannot wait!

Congrats to you Chris & the wife on BOTH your new additions!

I am also slow on invites-had to sell our lake house in Michigan (closing is today) so I have been out there hauling all my stuff back to Chi-town the past few weeks. I will get them in before they expire!

Quoted from xsonics2k2:

I hosted a Golden Tee Complete tournament at my house yesterday using the tourney format described on this link.
http://www.goldenteefan.com/contestsandprizes/host8mantourneybar8hours/
I attached a picture of our finished tourney bracket. I had 7 players and we only had 4 hours so I abbreviated the format and it was still a lot of fun. Our Champion was determined by a Sudden Death playoff, and our Consolation winner won on the last hole. If anyone is looking to host a tourney, I highly recommend you try the format described in the link above.
Cheers,
Brad
P.S. In addition to the pool of money for the tourney, everyone bought in for poker chips and the side betting got everyone really involved.

Nice little tourney you set up there Brad! Looks like it was a good time!
When I do one of these with my friends-we add side pots for great shot points & HIO. There is also par 3 betting within each group. Must be on the green (on the green means pin is out) AND you have to make the birdie putt to validate (stops last player from just laying up on anywhere on the green to collect $).

Everyone see Adam Kramer's announcement about the 'Ultimate Cycle 2.0'? Did anyone play in it last year? Have to play all 60 courses and IT takes your best score for each course and calculates how many under par you are. I hate Royal and hole 18 on Tundra....lol It forces me to play the courses I dislike to improve my score..... Last year if you completed 1 round on all 55 courses IT gave you a $55 credit on a 2017 update! Im assuming this year it will be a $60 credit.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

this ad is for the sale of one (1) used, but complete, Happ Controls 3" Trackball removed from an Incredible Technology (IT) machine (Golden Tee Golf, Silver Strike Bowling, Bags, Target Toss, etc). these include what is pictured in the Happ Controls link below.
the cost is $35 for one unit, plus shipping
if you wish to purchase a lot of 10 units (or more), I will do $25 per unit (or $250 for the lot of 10).
I currently have about 35 units in stock and more will be available in the future.
here are the links to the new trackballs and to the repair kits from Happ Controls for comparison.
trackball assembly $89.99 NEW
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/trackballs/56-0100-11HL
3" trackball repair kit $44.85 NEW
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/trackballs/95-0831-WB
let me know if you have any questions.

What is the manufacture date on your new track balls?

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Get one!
Replay value is sky high IMO & for the money a GT can't be beat!
I would never sell my GT. It's a staple of my basement now. Every year it gets better as new courses are added & now new modes for home edition users.
Also, I'd recommend adding a decent sound bar w/sub & Bluetooth connectivity. I really enjoy hearing GT @ a good volume with crisp sound & solid bass as the sound effects are legit when you nail a good shot.
What's even better is pushing a good Spotify playlist thru my Golden Tee with clear treble & solid bass when gaming with friends. It's next level shit. Takes GT all the way up!
Do it!

+1 on Josh being helpful! Everyone at IT is great! Met most of them (Adam Kramer, Kevin Lindsey) at the Chicago tourney back in June. Join the FB GT HE group I posted earlier in this thread.

Everyone see this? A HE only event! Super fun to participate in! And get a discount on 2018 purchase!

https://livewire.itsgames.com/news/13320-ultimate-cycle-2-0

#249 6 years ago

Sorry, I don't have new ones. That was just a link to happs website for comparison to new ones.
I currently have at least 35 used ones in stock

Im assuming they have not been reconditioned???

2 weeks later
#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm checked out on that part of it. Just wondering where or how people run the HDMI since the GT Pedestal sits in the middle of the room.
Anyone ever try the wireless HDMI?

I have a factory tv stand-so my cables run from ped up back of stand........

Nice on the floor outlets! Let us know what you decide on!

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Today I ordered the 2018 update + next day air S&H
If you guys email Josh Pick & pay in full before month end you get the update 2 weeks early.
Stoked!

Chris- im assuming the 'Pinside' championship invite died because 1 person didn't respond. Can you send that out again without said individual?

Have you played any of the 'Freaky Friday' invites yet?

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Be nice if they had a version that included the bowling and putt games in the same cab, at least for home use.

I asked a friend about this-because I wanted to build one with ' GT complete' & 'SSB' in an old cab that could be cut down. He said it can be done-all wiring and hardware is out there to do it.....

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

As for "versions", any downside to getting a 2016 or slightly earlier version as opposed to the 2017?

I think those years are fully compatible going forward with updates. Are you on FB?

The guys there or in the HE group could better answer your question. HE thread below.

#271 6 years ago

As someone who has been playing GT since it first showed up in the bar, I cant wait to see/play the 2 re-mastered courses!

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Just threw a new invitational out there. Trimmed it down to 6 Pinsiders.

Accepted!

Everyone start their Ultimate Cycle yet? I'm about half way, playing one year per day-then it will be time to go back and improve a few scores.

2 weeks later
#284 6 years ago

Ultimate cycle completed-now working on improving some scores!

#285 6 years ago

Anyone see the clip on the FB GT page where Chuckwagon hits a hook shot THROUGH the castle tower window and on to the green?

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Is it possible to put Silver Strike and Power Putt on a Golden Tee Home Edition?
Can a Golden Tee Live be setup to play Home Edition tournaments?

I believe you can. but have to put a jamma switch in it....

You'll have to make some modifications if turning a 'Live' (bar pedestal or cabinet) into a HE. Lots of info here.....

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Looking to buy a GT2018 pedestal cabinet. Any recommendations on where to buy it from Game Rooms Guys, Game Exchange etc?? Looking for NIB including shipping to Hagerstown MD.

On Facebook? Post in this group- Adam Fitzgerald or Brian Roske will reply..

Or join the GT Home Owners Group and ask for a price....they'll respond very quickly!

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Finally completed my Ultimate cycle just before the deadline. Here's some highlights
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Nice dunk on Rustic!

Finished my cycle over a week ago....been working on improving some scores this past week.......

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

My scores are lacking. Shot my first -19 on the last course, but probably averaged a -13. I need a lot of work to get to these -27, -30 I'm seeing.

Ive only gotten (1) -27 (my personal best) on my HE, PB on a bar machine was a -24 (imo the setups on bar machines seem tougher-but this is unproven...). Also- if you get a set up that you like-go back and play it again! As long as you don't change brackets. I do this when I play late night and I can grab 3 or 4 shots at the same setup to work on locking in those difficult shots.

I've also been working on 'thumbing' the ball to take some distance off the shot......(usually I use the palm shot). 'Thumbing' works good when youre inbetween clubs..... still working out the kinks in my shots...lol

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I still putt with one hand and notice most pros use thumbs. I need to learn a lot more about how to judge things better, especially elevation changes. It's a lot of fun but I need to get better and know there's plenty of room for improvement. Some people talk of messing with the ball and stuff on a new machine. Should I worry about any of that? Stuff like copper tape.

If you have a new machine- you WILL have copper tape/trackball problems....eventually the tape will bind up and reduce distance on shots.
I removed the copper tape (under the bearings only). I left the tape on the base where it wasn't binding. Left it where the ground wire attaches to the base. IT says its there to reduce chance of static charge building up. I know many peeps that have done what I did and haven't had a problem.....
I also bought a spare track ball-when I swap them-I clean the old one so its ready to go next swap. Usually 3-4 months depending on how many rounds I play.
I also palm putt-I tried thumb putting and was horrible at it...lol I went back to palm putting as I figured id rather work on thumbing fairway/tee shots and not blow up my game all at once....lol
Work on placement for your second shot(if applicable). Meaning I dont always hammer a long drive and end up with a 90 yard inbetween clubs shot.... try and set yourself up for a shot with a club youre comfortable with on yourt approach.
Best thing to do is get out and play with some pro's at the local watering hole-its hard to get better playing solo. They will probably be willing to give you some pointers/tips. There is a big tourney in Houston every year (I know TX is a large state and im sure its a ways away from you) but seeing what others are doing helps a lot.

Keep spinning!

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks nascarry, I just posted on the GT For Sale group. I've also been in touch with JJ from Game Exchange. It appears as though the 2018 units won't be available until November.
Any idea on what the difference between the 2017 and 18 versions will be other tham the software? Any different to the cabinet, decals, control panel, game hardware etc?

Not sure what else changed from 2017 vs 2018 (haven't seen a 2018 ped yet).

Hope ya get good deal on it!

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Just buy a 2017 now and install the free software upgrade to 2018 when it's available in a few weeks. No reason to wait as it should be the same pedestal and control panel overlay graphic.

Game Exchange might not have them in stock-thus waiting for them to get new 2018 peds in would be my guess...

+1 for buy now....ususally someone is looking to get rid of old inventory.....

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I have instock.. Hes in Australia so would need to ship the update kit overseas
JJ

Cool...

Did ya ever get a shipping quote from Coin-op Warehouse?

1 week later
#312 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

IT charged my card!
OMFG the 2018 update is nearing!
I'm having mine overnighted lol. It should arrive that Tuesday afternoon.
I took off Wednesday & the kids will spend the day @ Grandmas. Send me an invite that day fellas. I will be grilling & relapsing all day.

My card has a pending charge from last week also!

I didn't pay extra for overnight shipping since the last 2 years my update arrived the next morning. Guess my proximity to GT HQ has one advantage! lol

Better start training for that marathon session!

On another note- I played Mayfield for the first time at the bar last week....after playing the 60 courses my handicap was tanked.....got into the 'GOLD' prize bracket and finished 3rd with a -18.

#313 6 years ago

Played a round on Rhineland at the bar last night. Another blind -18......watered 18 with a tail wind.....had this gem. First DE on 2018 courses.

This course has some difficult par 4's & 3-s.....lots of slope/cliffs/water around almost all greens...lots of elevation changes.....

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The pending charge on my CC disappeared
Anyone else experience that?

I just checked Chris- still pending on my card.

Quoted from stpcore:

My buddy called IT today to upgrade to 2018 and was told they start shipping upgrades on 10/23.
In other news I just gave JJ at Colorado Game Exchange my money for a2018 Golden Tee showpiece/pedestal with stand so I'll be in the club next week as I'm picking up directly from IT. I did a lot of research on price and JJ was the most economical decision.

Nice! Youre as close to GT HQ as me, I usuallt get the update next day without paying for next day shipping.

Going to join us in the Pinside invitationals?

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Keep me in the loop. Sounds like fun. In all honesty I haven't played GT in YEARS (2011 maybe). I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and having something other than pinball to keep me busy this winter.

Get the GT Caddy app on your cell phone-you need that to play invites. Then send out friend invites-Chris (@pw79) is usually the one who sends out invites to the Pinside GT crew......

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yes.
IMO $0 HE invites should not carry the $0.50 fee
I only play a few invites per week so it's a non issue but it's the principal.
On the other hand business is business & maybe this is required for IT's survival?

IT's rake is .50/per player. To me-its acceptable. Their servers are hosting the match.

Quoted from PW79:

Yes. Pay pay pay.
I think it's one of the reasons folks sell their GT's IMO
Pretty sure the update (overnight shipping) is like $450 yr + online $100 yr + $0.50 per invite + digital content
I'd say GT is a $700 yr liability?
You can spend a ton more on invites & digital content if you wanted tho.
But... its still cheaper than pinball

Chris- you forgot its also cheaper than a DUI & playing at the bar!

Quoted from stpcore:

Downloaded the app. Is everything in GT a micro-transaction? Balls, clubs, shirts, pants, sunglasses, etc looks like it's pay to own. After spending a good chunk of change on the game and another $100 for online I wasn't prepared to be buying equipment, lol.

Better equipment will cost ya....once you buy a set or build a set of clubs-you own them forever.

Consumables- balls & tees- you will be able to use them in the HE without losing the quantity (use them in the bar and they come out of your account).

If you only play on the HE- buy the minimum qty of tees, and balls (mabey buy a dozen of a couple types to experiment with).
Build a bag is $5- I believe the prebuilt sets are $2 (?) different attributes for each set.

I can share my BAB's info if you need some advice.......

#333 6 years ago

Got mine at lunch!

Quoted from stpcore:

Awesome info (especially buying minimum quantities for HE). Thank you very much!

Grabbers are my ball of choice now....I can recommend a few GT club sets for the newer courses.....

I have 6 BAB sets now....

Play in the bar online has been busy-only played each course once and cashed in 3 out of the 5 I played (got lucky and went to silver division on Mayfield and finished 3rd $6 win).

GT2018 (resized).jpegGT2018 (resized).jpeg

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No DUI concerns for me these days as I can't drink around people anymore. They always start shit once I'm wasted lol. I swear it's them, not me
Still tho, I think the $0.50 is bogus since we already pay $100 a year to use their server. I mean FFS after paying $3,500+ for the game then $100+ for online it irks me to pay $0.50 per match when there's no wager involved.
FYI my update is done. I'm about to play my first 2018 round. Wish me luck fuckers!

I need to party with you Chris! LOL

FYI the ballfields in Mayfield are in play! Don't hit the F-150 Raptor though....

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Will my machine connect to the internet wirelessly (Wi-Fi) or will I need a hardwire (Cat5) direct connection?

Youll need a wireless bridge or you can run an Ethernet cable to your modem.......

I went the cable route since my modem is in the same room and haven't had ANY problems in 3 years.....

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is this true on the consumables when you play online on HE units as well? I've had a HE unit since this summer but haven't tried any of these since I figured you'd burn through them.
What ball types would you recommend? Same with the club sets? Any I should try? I have been playing with all standard stuff.

When you play on your HE- you can use golden tees and balls (you have to own the version of ball you want to use- IE Grabber, Streak, etc, but they do NOT get deducted from the amount you own if you water,or OB).
If you don't play in the bar, buy the minimum amount of golden tees ($.50 for 10) and balls ($.50 for 12)you'd like to use. I'm using Grabbers.

Pre built bag sets are $2.00. If youre just getting started- Surge and Vulture are 2 that I am using a lot on the 2017 & 2018 courses.

Once you but the bag sets- you own them forever.

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

For anyone in the know, I've got a route golden tee live, a guy wants to buy it. If someone wants to use it in their home will they still have to pay the fee's, or is that even allowed?

Theres a different chip IT sells to convert a 'bar' version to a HE.

Quoted from stpcore:Here I thought I was getting good playing Golden Tee 2018 for the last couple days. Then this afternoon I registered my machine online and played a round online versus "casual". Wow, the wind, greens, and pin placements are so much more difficult than "casual". It's an entirely different animal, lol.
I'll have to play online for stats for the next couple of days and then will be looking for some head to head or tournament action. My player name is "stpcore" if anyone is looking for an add. Would like to compete with some of you guys soon.
Oh, and for what it's worth PW79, your thread was the reason I purchased my GT. Thanks for starting it and someone owes you a beer.

Yes- online tees, pins & wind conditions are all way more difficult! Nice set up you have there! Welcome to the 'club'!

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I keep looking at a chopped down 2011 unplugged cab for 1k. I'm assuming it could be upgraded to 2018 live. What is the cost of upgrade?
If I do this though my next pin will delayed. I have GT Fore on MAME but these new versions look cool as hell. Decisions decisions

Post in this FB group-theres a couple of peeps that can tell you everything youll need to do that.....mabey even have cheaper alternatives to offer..

2 weeks later
#376 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

When playing the home version not against anyone online, how do you create a 9 hole game? There's an audit for 9 hole but no way to choose it that I can see.

They took 9 hole games out a few years back. Just start 18 hole game and DNF after 9.

1 week later
#387 6 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

So if I buy clubs outfits custom putters etc there is no way to use them in the casual games?

Nope.......you need online live play to use purchased items.

#388 6 years ago

First HIO on 2018 courses- and it was in the Pinsider invite!

Why is it when I par the first hole-I end up having a great finish? Ended up -21 and f-ed up the first hole.....figures....

1 week later
#394 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My new 2018 golfer

Showing off your 'body by Putin'? Looking good Chris!

Quoted from tatman9999:

I have a golden tee 2016 but it was a 2012 when I got it. I upgraded mother board, video card and memory when I did the 2016. I just bought a 2018 update kit. Will my system be good? Here is a few pics of the specs. Can I connect this online?

I'm not sure on that one... Post in this group-you will get an answer quickly!

Theres a couple guys from IT that peruse that group regularly.....

1 week later
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Going to diversify my man cave a bit. Looking into getting a Golden Tee sometime after the first of the year. Question though.....
What's the difference between the 2018 Home live version vs the arcade / bar live version? Is it just the coin mechs? Do they play differently? I do like the idea of having coin mechs / slots and even a bill acceptor on my Golden Tee. Even though it'll be in a home environment, you never know, I could someday route it. I'd also probably play off line for a bit so I can get used to the courses before you guys crush me online.
Any thoughts on what version of game I should go with would be appreciated!

HE wont have coin mech or bill changer (they add to the cost on the ped). Not sure if IT would let you buy a commercial unit for home use.....there is a different setting for commercial vs HE. I know older commercial cabs are often converted to home use...

E-mail Josh & IT. Hell be able to answer your question. Quick response times when I have messaged him in the past.

[email protected]

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

If anybody else wants a nice kit to cut down either a "Live" cabinet, or a "Fore" cabinet., let me know. I sell these and they are the nicest looking conversion for someone who is not a skilled woodworker.

Got and pics?

2 months later
#415 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I will offer good discounts on multiple's of my Golden T Cabinet conversion kits, Live or Fore style, so please inquire if any of you guys want to make your upright cabinets into pedestals.

IDK about everyone else, but most of us have ped's already.......

3 weeks later
#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Golden tee 2018 Machines are instock and ready to ship. I have 1 left in this batch right now not spoken for
JJ

PM JJ -I believe he has them in stock-shipping shouldn't be too bad from Denver to the 'left coast'. Scoll back one page in this thread and send him a message.

IMO the 'complete' is fun (and relatively inexpensive), but the Live 2018 version is way better....drop some coin and join the GT group on here....

Speaking of- I haven't seen any pinsider invites lately-that little man keeping you busy Chris????

#425 6 years ago

Someone school me...,what is the difference between the Golden Tee Home edition and Golden Tee Live Edition? Which is better for home gameroom? Which is better to play online tournaments?

Live and Home edition are the same thing. All GT are live. The difference between a HE and Commercial version- the commercial has a different chip in them (home play vs prize play online in the bar), and the HE doesn't have coin mechs/bill acceptor. You can only play for $ from home via 'Invites'. You have to down load the app and create an account and add $ to it. Then you send invites. You can buy a commercial version but will never be allowed to play for money from home.

I bought the stand, but you could just an easily mount the tv to the wall much cheaper.

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

For anyone wondering about price and the best deal do yourself a favor and contact Gexchange (JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado). I've done all the research and priced the hell out of these things and he has the best price you can find on NIB shipped or picked up and his personal approach to customer service is a nice added bonus. I ordered mine through him and everything was perfect and I new I had the best deal.

+1 (from what I've heard + I believe its good to support a fellow pinsider!)

Quoted from stpcore:

I bought the stand as well and couldn't be happier. Now I can move my pedestal to a different location without having to take my TV down off a wall and remount somewhere else. At $400 it seems pricey but it's a serious commercial quality stand built specifically to connect to your pedestal at the proper distance. It's also fully height adjustable (depending on personal preference) and is very heavy duty.

The whole reason to buy the stand.....can always store it in the garage when not in use....lol

So...if I got a commercial Live Edition, I couldn’t play online with the Pinside group?

No- you can order the update and security chip from IT though.....look in this thread-I posted the link to a FB group for GT machines for sale and the HE (home owners) group. Lots of info there as this gets done a lot....... Not sure on the cost of those items though...
Be careful- some of those older nighthawk computers cant be updated to the 2018. Again- one of those groups has a bunch of people who can get you started in the right direction.
Good luck!

1 week later
#434 6 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

How long does it typically take to play 18?

Takes me about 8-10 minutes (playing solo).......lol I can usually play a cycle in under 45 min (with beer refill breaks)!

If I picked up a 2017 Home Edition, and other than adding new course packs, how long would it be before the computer becomes obsolete? I might be able to get a 2017 with keypad, hdmi cable and wired WiFi and no pedestal for $2500. Good deal or just wait for 2018 closeout? Or wait until 2019 released?

Not sure on this......if youre on Facebook-join the GT HE group (i posted the link a few pages back in the thread I believe) and ask-theres a couple vendors selling GT ped's and guys from IT that will help answer your question. I'm guessing at least a couple years.....

Quoted from Guzz4851:

Can 2018 be used with an older video card that outputs DVI? I don’t have an HDMI card but will eventually want to update. I would like to do a pedestal conversion...right now have the cabinet.
Anyone running new 2018 on a cabinet with dual monitors? What is displayed in the top monitor during the game? The version I have shows the announcers during gameplay and the occasional replays...now sure what if anything appears on the newer software as most have pedestals now.

I have a friend who had a ped that is using dual monitors-theres some settings (dip switches) to get it to work- one member of the HE FB group was having issues with this but I believe that he got it figured out. I would guess it would depend on what version of the Nighthawk that's in your cab/ped.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

This one is $1400 or so less than the 2018 Home Edition full size pedestal.
ebay.com link » 2018 Golden Tee Arcade Portable Golf Game Plug Play Into Hdmi Tv 1080 Video

Id' be interested to know what year Nighthawk(s) is/are actually in that thing....

#457 6 years ago

What about this? Good price? Can I play home tournaments on the Live model?

If its got a bill acceptor- its set up for bar play-a no-no at home.

You'll prolly need a new security chip from IT to play invites at home.

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:A used 2014 golden tee live... is computer new enough? What’s a good price on one?
Description includes this: easy fix or sign of bigger issues?
“Only issue is the "right" button doesn't work sometimes for the first couple of minutes after turning on the machine, but always works shortly after, and can probably be fixed by someone who knows what they're doing. “

Button should be an easy fix. I believe the Nighthawk in that should be updatable to 2018.
The ID on my HE is 14-xxxxxxx (displays at boot up) the '14' for the year manufactured (I bought mine in early 2015).

#458 6 years ago

Sign up for an account during online prize play. They send you a card-get the GT app on your smart phone. Playing at home you get access to all club sets and balls IT offers. I still play some in the bar-so I do spend a few $ a year on balls/tees-but I've gotten a lot better and have saved a ton of $ vs bar online play. HE players can set up 'invites' to have matches against other HE & non HE players. Take a read through the last 5 pages of this thread-lots of valuable info has been discussed.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Download the GTCaddy app and request a free card. You can use the app to change your balls, clubs, and clothing without having to be at a machine to do so. You can also track your stats from the app and set up invites for head to head play or tournaments (for bragging rights or actual cash) with anyone on your friends list. Cash tournaments can only be offered to other home owners (you can't play for cash with LIVE machines on location/not home edition).
You are right about this appealing to your friends that don't have the passion for pinball. That's EXACTLY why I got mine and I absolutely love it (as do all of my friends/family that come by to play).

Disclaimer-when playing 'Live' in a bar-you will have to BUY club sets, tees and balls-IT only gives you 'Stock' everything and no Golden Tees to start. When playing on a HE-these are all available for FREE.

When playing 'Invites' IT does charge $.50/participant to host the invite.

Quoted from Skyemont:

What would be the value of a used golden tee with 2018 updates? Oh, no monitor.

Tv stand included with that? Looks like that machine has a bill acceptor-youll need to buy a new security chip from IT to use at home. How old is that ped?
Porlly a good buy at $2500, but i'd spent the extra $1000 and get a NIB.........warranty from IT. don't forget that there is the $99/year online subscription fee.

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Interested in potentially getting a Golden Tee Home but have some questions if anyone would mind answering:
1. Cost of game + $100 for online sub a year + is there a cost per game?
2. How easy and active is to find online play against randoms? For money?
3. Can a 2017 version of the game play with the 2018 version of the game (just not on any courses new in 2018?)

1.No cost per game-only .50/per invite fee (in addition to the amount of the invite buy-in.)
2.Theres a FB group for HE owners and one for HE invites-easy to find players.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/?ref=bookmarks

Invites page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1741667566083097/

3.Not sure what youre asking-you'll only be able to play 2017 + earlier courses on invites.

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My only concerns with a live edition are future cost. While the game can be found for say $3500 - $3800 NIB (plus TV) you then need to add in $100 per year for the online fee, $.50 per online game fee and $500-$600 per year to keep the game updated with the latest year. After 5 years the total cost could be over $7k. Just something to keep in mind when considering a live or unplugged version. With unplugged you could buy a 2018 and then in a few years upgrade the software for $500-$600 to get all of the latest courses plus previous years.

I believe the cost of a multiple year update is around $700........its higher than the once a year update.....

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

If you play online via invite, but not for money, is there still an invite fee?
If friends come over to play in an online tournament, will it cost them .50 to swipe in too?
Must you upgrade EVERY year?

Invite fee is .50/per person per invite. Online regular play is free.

You do not have to update every year.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I've only made it thru the first 3 pages so far...
How to tees and balls get 'used' to determine when you need to buy more? I see how this can be a cash cow. lol

Golden tees are used to 'move' your tee off spot (within a confined box) to better avoid obstacles, after you select your spot, you can select 'low, med or high' tee (again to avoid/go over/under obstacles).
Purchasable golf balls have different traits- some travel farter, have more roll/backspin, etc. You lose one when you hit into the water, out of bounds or unplayable lie. You DO NOT lose/use consumables when playing on a HE (you have unlimited) unless youre playing in the bar.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

So home edition playing online I don't lose consumables? I can buy longer balls and use them in any game type I may play on my home edition and always retain them?
Anyone have a link to the wireless device I would need to be online? Is it just a standard wireless USB adapter?
Also what speed internet is recommend for smooth game play.
BTW, thanks for answering all these questions for a noob.

When playing at home- the special balls, clubs and tees are free!
If you venture out to a bar-to use thos items you must purchase them. Club sets are yours ($ for IT designed sets, Build a bag sets are $5-this is where you can customize your bag with choices on all clubs....example-some drivers go longer, some go higher, and so on)

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Signed up today for home online. Screen name TATMAN. Will trying it tonight.

tatman9999 my friends usually play Saturdays at Evviva in Lisle on Front street around noon if youd like to stop in and play or just talk GT. I cant always make it but my friends are always there.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Welcome to the club! Tried adding you but couldn't find you under TATMAN.
If anyone would like to add me feel free. My name is STPCORE on Golden Tee. Haven't seen any Pinside invites in a while...

Me either....

Methinks Chris is busy chasing that little man around.....lol

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

I don't think so, not without a bridge, like I mentioned in the post above. Mine was a commercial version that I converted to Home, and it didn't come with a wireless card or adapter when I got it.
FYI, you can buy a commercial (GT Live) version, bring it home and play it like normal, that's what I did for a few months before I upgraded to Home 2018, you just won't be able to go online for all the match-making, contests, etc., that would normally be a part of the game if it were in a bar or wherever.

+1 for the bridge. That topic comes up a lot in the Home Owners group of facebook.

Theres a discussion about this right now....someone posted this link..

ebay.com link: TP LINK TL PA4010KIT 500Mbps Nano Powerline Ethernet Adapter Pair Starter Kit

Quoted from PW79:

GT friend search doesnt work for shit does it? Ever. I think almost everyone on my list were added via Pinside PM's where we exchanged real names.
Yes my new baby boy is really putting the brakes on my GT. As is work, a tech I share my territory had hip surgery then complications so I've been slammed!
Anyway welcome to the club Tatman!!!

Understandable Chris. Softball season for my daughter has curtailed my GT time lately.....still manage to get a few in during the week.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I assume tournaments invite are 4 rounds of golf? Is there a cut?

Invites are one round.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Hodes:

Try looking up his Pinside INFO...His real name is in there and can be found on GT Caddy that way

I was referring to the Pinside GT invites.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Key pad is here.

Easy 10 min install.....added one to my HE last year.

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You think they would have built in keyboard functionality. After all, you can enter information if you lose you card. Why can’t I use that virtual keyboard to sign in.

You can...once you generate a cardless id #.

#515 6 years ago

You get your 'lost card id' form the GT caddy app (or from your online GT account) and sign in through the 'lost card id' at check in.

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Exactly. The keypad isn't necessary but may speed things up a bit versus using the trackball and the on screen keyboard.

One less 'id card' in my wallet.....lol

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I just picked up a Golden Tee Live 2018. The tv is to small for me so I'm buying a 50 inch. Some say go with a 55. Thoughts? It's going in a brewery.

I didn't want to go crazy...got a 48" tv for $199 when I got mine...most OP's go with the 42" tv.. (takes up less space in the bars), but its personal preference....

Quoted from RTR:OK guys, I am obviously late to this party - I want in but have a couple of questions. What is the space requirement for this game? I want to mount the monitor on the wall.
Also, what do I have to buy now to be current?

Check out tatman9999's pic above-hes got a factory stand which puts the tv at the perfect distance from the machine.
To be current-what version do you have now?

Quoted from pinden007:

Has anyone found that the game locator doesn't see to be very accurate? I was looking for game in the nearest bar.

Some OP's NEVER update their app.....its best to always call the bad and confirm that the machine is still there....

1 week later
#538 5 years ago

LOL he's referring to Ron's high scores!

Looks like a newer deck (they changed to green decks about 4 years ago.....looks like a factory tv stand too....

What else do you want to know?

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

How can I tell if it's chopped. I heard some people say that guys will chop a cabinet and the look original. I just want an original.

Hard to tell from that angle.....got any side view pics? Any pics of the Nighthawk in it? Initial thought is it doesn't look like a cut down cab.....

#542 5 years ago

NIB these are 4k....stand extra.... thats a commercial unit youll need a new security chip from it and yearly subscription fee of $100. How much is he asking?

1 week later
#550 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Anyone have any issues with their Golden Tee 2018 not booting or showing a display? I have a feeling its the video card but I can't open the Nighthawk without voiding the warranty.
I originally thought that it may be going through a couple of reboots (my monitor doesn't sync to show a pic until that's completed) but I'm not getting any display (and it's not playing blind) on my HDTV.
This sucks with hosting a party for Mother's Day today!

No issues for the party I was hosting Saturday night.....

Quoted from PW79:

Yes, sorta
I have found with my new television or the new IO board IT sent + the majority but not all HDMI cables, I have to power up the TV first then the GT.
If I dont do so in the right order then I will never get a pic.
Hopefully that's your issue. Otherwise ya I bet the gpu is to blame.

+1 for the power up order here too.

2 weeks later
#552 5 years ago
Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

I am picking up a Golden Tee 2005 on the weekend.

Nice! Those cabs are a BEAST! 29 courses!

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

Thanks all, sure is heavy enough!!!! I only paid $250.00 for it. No scrolling marquee.

Can't say I didn't warn you that it is a beast! lol

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I have a location that’s too busy for just one it’s a good problem...

Golf course clubhouse?

#580 5 years ago

Nice!

Moose member here......

1 week later
#589 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Played one near me a few weeks ago. Whatever setting it was on was trying way too hard to be "EXXXTREME!!!" Like when you would make a putt it would say something like "NO F***IN' WAY!" Played a few games, but no way it had the longevity of Golden Tee, at least not for me.

There are 5 levels of difficulty in the 'casual' mode. Op must have it set to hardest setting....

Now if you signed in to play a 'live' game, there difficulty is way harder than any casual setting.....

Just shot a new PB Monday night -28 .....only got 2 looks at this setup on Mayfield!

Chasing that elusive -30......but I wont give up!
GT28 (resized).pngGT28 (resized).png

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Sorry, I was referring to Power Putt.
Great score, though!

oops...must haver mis-read your post...sorry..lol

Im sure IT has a difficulty setting on power putt also.....

TY! I've been playing this darn game since it appeared in the bars in the late 90's...

Did anyone see the stream from the World championships in Vegas last weekend? Wateched the live stream on you tube....those guys are good!

20K first place prize money!

#593 5 years ago

Swearing F bombs on Power Putt?!
Does GT have swearing? I would not change mine if it did but curious??

No, only swearing is from the player.....

2 weeks later
#602 5 years ago

My 2016 guys don’t have a vape pipe. Is that alone worth the upgrade?

Must purchase the vape pipe..

Screenshot_20180629-123733 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180629-123733 (resized).png

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Any leaks about 2019?
Its 4 mos away right?
My 2018 gameplay reeeally slowed down due to the baby. Time to pick up the pace!

Chris- did you hear about this?

Golden Tee Golf

June 10 at 4:25 PM ·
JUST ANNOUNCED: John Daly is coming to #GoldenTee 2019!! Watch the 2018 World Championship LIVE to hear more great announcements! #ItsGoldenTee #GTWorlds18

Mabey to promote his 'Loud Mouth Golf' clothing line via in game clothing?

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Thinking of maybe getting a version of the GT... Anyone near Des Moines Iowa area. or Surrounding 1-2 hours. ..?? That would invite us over and let us check yours out..>>>??? Let me know with a PM... Gladly bring a pizza and or some beverages .. THX> NT

NicToria You might be more than 2 hrs away, but you're welcome to stop by my place if youre ever close to the western burbs of Chicago.

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Card reader flashing red
Does not read any cards
Swapped USB cable, same results
Does not respond in test menu
Anyone else experience card reader failure?

Chris-

I've seen lots of posts on this recently.....bad card readers all over.....

Hopefully you get some support from IT on covering some of the cost of a new one...

OR get yourself the 'Key Pad' mod...lol

Got one for my HE and takes less than 10 min to install....

Good luck!

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Just spoke with IT tech support.
I have a solid red light on mine, reads credit cards, but not GT cards.
Swapped USB cables, same result.
I was told my only option was to buy a new card reader ($90)
Going to order replacement cards and see if those work.

Good thinking.....

Free vs. $90...….

lol

1 week later
#616 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My card reader was indeed fubar
It was $107 shipped to get a new one from IT/GT
Got it installed & played two online rounds aaaaaaand now my trackball started lagging on forward strokes lol
Wish me luck on that shit. Sandbagging my repair efforts until later this week.

Chris- I now have 3 complete track ball assemblies.... 1 in the machine and 2 spares.....bought one of the spares from twisted quarter when they were on sale earlier this year ($45 I believe), the other spare I got from a friend who buys them in bulk and rebuilds them. I love that it only takes 10 min to swap them out.....

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Trackball fixed!
Looks like F’n copper tape got me, again.

First time cutting out the copper tape Chris?

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

Just picked up a 2010 unplugged looking for any update kits if anyone wants to sell one please get in touch with me thanks

If youre on FB check out this group.....Very helpful & knowledgeable peeps that in sure could help you out.

1 week later
#624 5 years ago

If you buy a NIB 2018 HE now- I believe most vendors are giving out free 2019 updates w purchase (coming this fall). Also I believe that all new HE come with the key pad (was $100 when I bought mine).

Both HE and Commercial units are 'Live'- HE does not come with coin mechs/bill acceptor.

Read back in this thread- I posted the link to a Facebook group (with several vendors in the group). Post that youre looking for a HE and they will respond quickly! LOL You might find a used one there also-but beware- youll have to pay the update fee if you want the latest version on GT.

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think IT removed the card reader for 2019

With the failure rate on them...that's no surprise.

You order your keypad yet Chris?

#628 5 years ago

The only difference will be the course update....2019's will be shipped with the keypad (we believe that the card reader will be discontinued because of the failure rate).

Read back a few pages, there's a distributor from Denver who is active in this thread....

#630 5 years ago

Lost card ID is in the app.

LOST (resized).jpgLOST (resized).jpg
#631 5 years ago

PW79 Forgot to congratulate you on the little man's 1st birthday! Got him playing pinball or GT yet??

2 weeks later
#639 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys. I'm still on the fence about picking up a new HE. Today I played one game on a 2016 Commercial at the local bowling alley. I would really like to play a 2018 HE to see exactly what I would be getting.
Anyone in the CA Bay Area that wouldn't mind showing me theirs? I will bring beer!

Someone invite this guy over for a few beers and GT!

1 week later
#645 5 years ago

Well I pulled the trigger today! Ordered a 2018 HE. Can't wait till it gets here!
Junky

Congrats! Welcome to the HE Club!

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've been looking to join this club for some time now. After talking to Nick yesterday I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. I do have an opportunity to buy a buddies 2017 GT that he used on location for about 6 months. My question is could I use this machine "live" in my home? I'd also like to upgrade to the latest and greatest games (not sure of the cost). I have zero interest in competing for prizes or in tournaments. All I really want to do is play buddies on-line.

I think you night need a new security chip for HE play.....

Ask the experts here...

2019 courses are coming the 2nd week of November.

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Yes, no "per game fee" if you just want to play casual or "stats" games on your machine. The $.50 per player/per game fee is only for the online invitational contests that you can set up to play with friends.

Also no fee for 'Live' play...…

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Preordered the 2019 update today
I better get some fancy John Daly pants to wear for my first 2019 round.

Filled out my form yesterday.

Chris- wait until you play John Daly in vs. rivals-hell out drive ya every hole!

It is nice being in IT's back yard-I never pay for overnight shipping and get my update the day after they ship.....

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Put a green on the patio this week.
John Daly Jr is testing it out lol. [quoted image]

That's awesome Chris!

You must play real golf too?

#677 5 years ago

I’m just loving this GT! My son loves playing it too and that makes it an even better purchase for my gameroom.
I have a lot to learn though!
I’m bummed that it costs money to play against other people. I could understand if I was playing a commercial game somewhere at a bar. But if 2 people with home editions wanna play against each other it should be FREE!
Junky

I agree- but remember IT's server hosts these 'no money' matches.

I'm with you-its a bite in the azz and that's the only to play the Freaky Friday's, Break the score board, etc.-pay the .50.

1 week later
#684 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Exactly
I understand paying $0.50 juice to IT for wager rounds.
I understand paying $100 yr for online.
I understand paying $400 yr for the updates.
GT is great. It gets better & better every year. It’s replay value increases the better you become. It’s replay value increases every year with each update of courses/features too. IT does a great job of creating great fun, communicating with customers & I truly appreciate what they do.
But $0.50 for per game for a $0 wager round on a Home Edition game is some fuckery.

Wont argue the money grab....but I knew that going in...…

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I didn't know so that’s why I’m so damn sassy about it
Still enjoy GT but playing way less invites
2019 hits locations in 9 days right?

Shipping Monday!

I should get mine Monday or Tuesday.....the one time its good to live close to IT HQ.

GT2019 (resized).pngGT2019 (resized).png
1 week later
#699 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I want to be ready when the 2019 HE update lands.
So today the screen hooks went up. Tonight when the sun sets a bit I will figure out where the projector goes (throw distance) & dial it in.
Then it all gets packed up and waits... for the GT2019 outdoor bbq & cigar shindig.
[quoted image]

I'll be expecting an invite for this...…..

3 weeks later
#704 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Looks like I may be joining the club. Supposed to pick up a 2016 in the morning.
This is totally new to me. Hope I like it.

Welcome to the club!

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from ATHiker:

And now I’m on the brink of buying a pedestal. Why is this game so addicting? I wish my friends liked it. If you get a home edition do you get any selection on customizing your golfer outfit other than the polo and khakis. I know when I go to the bar I can customize a few items without a charge when playing a casual game. Another thing, can you make slight adjustments left and right by holding down the left and right button rather than tapping it in casual mode like you do at the bar or are you only allowed to make wide left and right turns?

Do it!

To get more 'clothing options' you need to create an online account. Then your golfer 'earns' wardrobe items for # of games played, every 10 eagles, every 30 birdies, etc....

As far as turning- no there is no 'slight' or 'smooth' turning...sometimes you just cant position your golfer to aim directly at the pin.....

#710 5 years ago

Got it! I'm pretty sure I scored. Like-new 2016 w/stand and monitor for $1600.
[quoted image]

That's a STEAL for $1600!

Congrats!

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from ATHiker:

Hey Nascarrey, or anyone for that matter, can you explain why when playing casual mode at the bar I can hold down the left or right button to scroll slowly to adjust myself to be more centered with the pin, but supposedly can only make wide quarter turns on the home edition that will not allow me to be as centered as I would like to be with the pin? Furthermore is there anyway to change that setting so it is like when I play at the bar?

No way to change that setting. It's just 'part of the game'.

I see youre in Skokie- if you want to take a ride out to DG- you can check out my HE and see what 2018 update looks/plays like.

2019 update ships on Nov 5th.

#718 5 years ago

Cool! It definitely felt like a good price. Kind of funny story. Hedge fund CEO bought it for the office and apparently unplugged it permanently after only a week, or a month, something like that, because all the guys weren't getting any work done. All day tournaments, etc. It has been collecting dust in the corner of their fitness room since.

LOL gee- no work getting done when theres a GT in the room? Surprise!

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from ATHiker:

Thanks for the offer nascarrey. I may want to take you up on that offer just to know what I’m getting into before making any commitments.
On a different note, I decided that I’m not going to get the non-pedestal of the game. The thing would just weigh to much and be a pain in the butt to move compared to a pedestal version.

LMK!

I know that if you buy a 2018 new now most of the vendors are including the 2019 update for free ($400 value).

Read back in the thread- I posted the link to the FB HE group. Brian Roske is a big seller in our area and will prolly get you the best deal on a new ped.

#722 5 years ago

Is that what an update kit costs? Thought I saw $600 online. Do the prices vary by distributor? Or deal direct with IT? I'm clueless.

2018 to 2019 update is $400.

Updating older machines cost more depending on the # of years going forward.

Go to the IT homepage-click on Home Edition and theres an update form at the bottom that shows pricing.

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from ATHiker:

Hey nascarrey who is Brian Roske and how do I get in touch with him? Do you see any downsides buying from a distributor compared to the manufacturer? Also I’d love to take advantage of checking your HE once you update it. Oh another thing, without getting online, when you play casual games, does the unit store your records like with your initials and strokes? If say I scored a -20 on a course will that be stored for me to see if I am getting any better overtime?

Post a message that yore looking for a HE in this group.

He'll respond (or others will tag him in the post). Its almost the same vs purchasing from IT, im sure people will comment regarding that.

The machine will keep your course records until you update it.

#734 5 years ago

Question. I'd like to disable the feature that times you out and ends your match if you take too long to hit your shot. How can I do that? It's almost like you can't even walk away to hit the head or grab a beer without this occurring. Not cool. Other than that I am really like my new GT!

You have to go into settings menu to disable the timer....

#735 5 years ago

3 days and counting...….

#741 5 years ago

This is 1 time its nice to live in IT's back yard....didn't pay extra for shipping and update was delivered before I came home for lunch!

I have played a few games in the bar before I got the update.

First round last night was a -27 on Agave!

FYI the shortcuts on Catedrais are all on top of the mountains! Youll need high loft clubs to get up there....lol

1 month later
#764 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Joining the club.
What does everyone recommend for TV and size? Looks like the stand holds up to 50 in.
Thanks.

I bought a 48" (they were $299 when I got my HE), but buy what youre comfortable with (or whats on sale!). Most of the bar machines were using a 42" I believe...

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I have a non smart TV in my bedroom that is 39". I could use that one and buy a nicer smart TV for the bedroom. But I think I want a 50 or 55 inch for the game and I saw those at best buy for as little as $229 to $279 (non smart, 1080p).
I'll wait to see what the 39" looks like but I think the 55" will put you in the game! lol
Can't wait to get this all hooked up an online so you guys can school me.

Bigger isn't ALWAYS better....lol but to each their own.

Join the FB Golden Tee HE group-LOTS of useful info there...

#768 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I've never done FB

Check out this page then.....tons of useful info .

http://www.goldenteefan.com/

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do the player stats only track for online games or can I key-in for home casual or rival games?
Are there tournaments online based on handicap? Or will I always be playing top players?
Are the club distances based on a 100 swing on the meter?
When I am trying to switch clubs, but I start my back swing by accident, whats the best way to get back to club selection?

They wont track stats on casual or Rivals.

Most live tourneys are no H/C.
They usually have a H/C tourney the day before the main event.

Invites- you can set up with H/C or straight up.

Distance based on full swing- but the ball selected & swing strength determine distance. I DO find myself hitting further than the meter in most insatances..

If you start swing by accident-hit any button and it resets your swing.

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks.
Is there a pinside group?

Thanks to PW79 there is now a FB 'Pinside GT group'!

In my opinion- IT did it that way to drive play through the operators machines.

There might be some legal issues with the HE & gambling also....

#785 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What is the exact name of the Facebook group? I can’t find it

The GT Home Edition group on FB?

Read back a few pages in this thread-I think I've posted it more than a few times…..

1 week later
#803 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Ah, yes. I forgot about that . I had it set at 5 but put it back to 3 while we were trying to learn how to play.
I’ll put it back to 5 and see if that changes the tee boxes.
Thanks

That setting will change the tee boxes AND wind speed & direction.

1 month later
#819 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is anyone excited (at least a little) that Arcade 1up is making a GT version? Comes with Golden Tee ’98, ’99, ‘2K, and Classic ’01 and uses a HAPP trackball. I played one quick at CES and it was not too shabby.
[quoted image]

Definitely a finger breaker.....

Not my cup of tea- but to each their own with those 1up cabs....

3 weeks later
#843 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Hey everyone,
Question: I’m on the fence about adding a gt 2019 home edition to my game room. My biggest concern is, will it become dated real quick?
Anyone know how often software/video updates come out?
Are there any technical issues I’ll be dealing with regularly?
Thank you

IT updates the software occasionally.....changing the tee boxes, wind, and pin placements. The updated will run upon start up as long as youre connected to the net.
Had mine since late 2015 and never had any tech issues...…….
New courses come out once a year-usually in the fall. HE updates come out a month after the bar machine updates come out.
Dated? Well there are 70 courses to play so it might be a while before you get bored....

Go for it!

#848 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What is everyone getting for their max power spinny shots? It seems we can get about 130 to 135.
I’ve heard that we should be getting in the 150’s. That sure would make the game easier on the longer holes.

I'm in the 130-140's myself.....haven't seen a 150 yet between my friends that I play at the bar with,it does take some time to find the sweet spot for speed.

Have you fixed the copper tape in your trackball yet?

#851 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

If anyone in California is selling or knows someone selling. I'm looking for a dedicated cabinet version of Golden Tee.
Does not have to be the latest year version, but a complete or live of some type would be preferred, set to home mode.
I'm looking for a cabinet type like these.
[quoted image][quoted image]

'Finger Buster's' are what I call those cabs.....lots of these for sale in the Facebook marketplace....

#853 5 years ago

Take apart your track ball and youll see the copper tape Suzo-Haap uses to ground the track ball has come loose and bunched up thus causing the bearing to not roll smoothly......

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I take a closer look at it the next time I open it up. I did notice that sometimes the right roller doesn't spin as cleanly as the left when I put them back in after cleaning them. I usually jiggle it around and then it's fine. But I guess it could become hindered after I screw everything back together.
I avg about 125 when I try to max spin. My friends average about 130 and hit 140 on the nose just once.
I could see the scoring being a little bit easier if we hit 140's every time. I've seem to hit a wall with scoring at about -10 to -12 when I don't try anything really stupid.

Be careful not to overtighten the track ball bolts when you re-install it- only tighten until the lock washers compress.

A noisy track ball isn't necessarily a bad thing....mine makes noise, but the one at the bar I play at rolls very smooth & quiet (its way older than mine).

When they went on sale last spring I bought a new one and got a re-furb one from a friend of mine-that way I always have a clean assembly to switch out.

1 week later
#859 5 years ago

I've been wondering about this also.....will there come a time when all units will have to have a new Nighthawk installed? Cant fathom what that would cost the OP's...…...

#863 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Can you actually use it as a commercial unit in your home, i.e., can you play the daily contest and money shot?
Did I hear their will be a daily contest and money shot game for the HE? That would be cool.

IT would frown on this.... 'money' games (other than invites) must be played in a 'public' location.

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Question:
If my neighbors also have a golden tee ,
Can we play against each other online in our own private match?

Yes. For $.50 each. .50 is the fee IT charges for invites no matter how much/little $ you play for.

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

A lot of $ for a game with no actual pga courses! Still on the fence

No licensing hassles by designing their own courses. Also- since there is no 'course layout' they can design new tee boxes anywhere facing the hole.

1 week later
#887 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Looking for best price shipped and Distributer to buy gt 2019 home edition pedestal only?
You can pm me if if you rather not say here.
Thank you

Read back in this thread- I believe a couple distributors have chimed in periodically....

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I was just told this by my Distributor......
“you are better off with commercial edition instead of home edition because it will be worth more if you want to sell it in the future.”
Can anyone tell me if this makes sense and what exactly is the difference between both versions? Are they both able to do the same things?

You cant register a commercial unit for home use. The hardware is different (security chip??).
Sounds like your distributor wants to unload a commercial unit or has no HE's for sale.
Did you contact any of the previous distributors that have posted in this thread?

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

I think the Home version has everything the "Live" version has EXCEPT the nationwide contests. The cabinet/pedestal has some different graphics, but that's about it as far as I know.
As far as a "Live" being worth more, who knows? From the distributor's perspective, it may be worth more to him because it would be easier and probably more profitable to put one in a bar instead of someone's home.

HE has 'Live' contests also. The only thing a HE cant do is play Live online contests for money.

You CAN play 'invites' for money on the HE.

#903 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Just ordered gt 2019 home edition.
I don’t need an 80” screen but , what’s a good size to use 40-50”?

Most of the OP's use 42", I bought a 50" on sale for $299 and I like it.....is it sad that the newest tv in my house is hooked up to my GT?

It's personal preference......

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Most of the OP's use 42", I bought a 50" on sale for $299 and I like it.....is it sad that the newest tv in my house is hooked up to my GT?
It's personal preference......

Forgot to mention- im using the factory stand...…..

Looks like 50-55" is the consensus here....

1 month later
#942 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looking to join the club. Should I wait for 2020 version to come out? Is 2019 version going to be replaced soon? Kinda like buying a car mid year-should I wait for new model? Who is best distributor for these? -Thanks

Check with your dist (when you find one) about the free 2020 upgrade when you buy a 2019. Usually later in the summer they will offer that deal.....

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The free upgrade hasn't been offered by I.T. in a very long time. Not sure about distributors, however.

I never said IT gave the free upgrade.... ive seen that offered by the distributors . Of course you'd have to negotiate that into your deal, but usually with late 'season' purchases, the dist will offer 2020 upgrade with NIB purchase.

For a lot more info-go to to the GT FB page.
Ask about a HE purchase and post about wanting to purchase one. Im sure youll get a lot of speedy replies

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Just got word 2017 units will now get a free 2018 upgrade for any unit sold as of 8/1 (New only)
Also I will have to delete my posting above with the discount pricing as of 8/15.. Golden Tee is instituting a MAP pricing on the GTG Home
JJ

Form 1 year ago in this thread...

1 month later
#957 4 years ago

I took it upon myself to just call I.T. directly and speak to their tech support team. They confirmed to me verbally that the platform for next year is not changing.

I saw that posted in the Golden Tee homeowners FB page yesterday……. I think some people are already getting renewal notices! GT 2020 is not far away....

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

For reals?
Like via email?

Yeppers...

Playing much lately Chris? Or have you been teaching the little man to play GT?

#970 4 years ago

The free upgrade hasn't been offered by I.T. in a very long time. Not sure about distributors, however.

^ Free upgrade to 2020 from the dist above!

#972 4 years ago

Assuming you purchase a 2019 machine from them, NIB.

Buying NIB would be the ONLY way to obtain a 'free 2020 upgrade'.

2 weeks later
#976 4 years ago
Quoted from goodtimes:

Here's a DUMB question , I thought the 2019 home edition had 67 courses . How do I access them .[quoted image]

Offline play- you're good to go!

1 week later
#981 4 years ago

If youre looking to buy NIB, ive seen sellers offering a free 2020 update when they come out if you purchase now. To play online, its $100/year.

Once the 2020 courses are released and the 2 'remastered' courses are unlocked, there will be 81 courses available to play.

Post in this group if youre looking to buy, im sure youll get responses quickly...

More info here:

http://home.goldentee.com/

#982 4 years ago

Oh, and to answer your question about the 2019 versus 2020 update:
The update is completed via a USB stick that the computer detects at start-up. The usb stick contains all of the update files to convert your 2019 hard drive into a 2020 hard drive. Once the conversion is complete, you must remove the 2019 security chip from the game, and insert your 2020 security chip to use the game. The 2020 security chip is shipped with the usb update stick.
You can use a 2019 machine well past 2020 - just don't update it. As long as you leave the 2019 security chip installed and keep paying I.T. your monthly fee for an online account, your machine will remain online capable. You just won't be able to play on or keep stats for any of the newer courses released after 2019, since your machine doesn't have them.

I've never changed the security chip when updating. I've owned my HE since 2015, update comes on a flash drive-plug it into a USB port and start machine and it updates.

3 weeks later
#991 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Just got the email about the 2020 updates for $399.
Seems like some of the updates are interesting for HE users.

Hu?

The yearly update is very interesting to the HE's.

I replied to the email and had them update my cc expiration date.....no need to fill out the form as they have all my info on file.
Not sure if replying and getting confirmation of my renewal on the same day the emails go out will get me to the front of the line...but it couldn't hurt.
Usually I get my update the day after they ship.....living in IT's backyard has its advantages!

BTW- did anyone else participate in the 'summer swing'? No way i'd finish in the top 3 to get a free update, but completing 30 courses qualifies for a chance to win one of 10 free updates! You have until Sept 15th to complete the 30 courses.

#993 4 years ago

You must be the registered owner of your HE machine and have the online subscription.

More info:

https://livewire.itsgames.com/news/14146-summer-swing-is-back

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Thanks. That would be More interesting if they posted the scores each day. Like the top 50.

Updates are posted every day on their facebook page.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do you have a link to the standings? I didn't see it anywhere on their page.

First post on this page...

#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Great, just double checking. Just bought this guy for $2,600. Upgrading from my Fore Cmplete.

What year has it been updated to?

#1003 4 years ago

By the looks of the marquee, I'd bet 2019

Doh! Was looking at the screens!

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Can you get out of the deal? That’s way too much for that cab.

I was thinking the same thing.....but as long as youre happy, that's all that matters!

I never had an issue playing on a cab, but some peeps do....

I've seen 2 HE pedestals for sale on FB for $2500 and under in the past week...they come up every so often...

Pedestal is so much easier to move...…..imo

#1020 4 years ago

Just got my invoice for 2020 update. It went up to $699??? WTF!

#1022 4 years ago

HE from 2019 to 2020.

The order form on IT's website for last years update confirms last years update (2018 to 2019) was $399.

#1024 4 years ago

I am thinking the same thing....i'd expect some increase but not almost double.....

GT699 (resized).pngGT699 (resized).png
#1026 4 years ago

The column that's cut off is the 'extended price' column which has the amount of $0.00 in it currently.

#1027 4 years ago

I think I figured it out...its a $0.00 invoice because I won one of the free updates!

FREE (resized).jpgFREE (resized).jpg
#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

How does that work? Didn’t know you could win an update?

Heres the IT page.

https://livewire.itsgames.com/

To all the new members of the GT HE club, read previous posts in this thread, I have posted links to the buy/sell groups and the FB GT pages.

1 month later
#1042 4 years ago

Got my update today!

1 week later
#1053 4 years ago

$2700-3100, depending on commercial/home, TV and/or stand included or not.

Sounds about right...….

#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

There's a guy on KLOV selling a mostly complete one for $1000 if you're willing to drive to Maryland.
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=461106

Not a bad deal for the guts......not a fan of those cut down cabinets though......

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

Officially joining the GT club today. Can't wait to get it online and play some rounds[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

After the 2020 upgrade, anyway to get the course records back?
All my course records on the HE are gone.

Nope. Last years update saved old course records-this years did not.

1 month later
#1078 4 years ago

Reach out to Gexchange for a price on a new ped, I believe he's helped other pinsiders purchase before..

On another note, got my first Ultra shot this week at the bar (usually play a few there every week)

3 weeks later
#1107 4 years ago

For offline/casual you can change the difficulty settings which affect the slope of the greens, wind and tee boxes in the operator settings.

IT takes a .50 rake for every event, but you cant play 'live' vs your opponents....you wont see their score until you both/all are finished...…..

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Yes if you want to play each other then yes you set up invites via the app and yes that’s .50 a game. I play those with friends from time to time.

I'll have my friends over and pay the .50 just to play some of the freaky Friday setups...it beats spending $5 at the bar..and the beer is way cheaper!

#1121 4 years ago

There are 10 "freaky courses" but I don't think that's the same thing as the Freaky Friday event.

I think they are actually past freaky Friday courses that were available to play live......

#1124 4 years ago

Theres all kinds of hidden 'easter eggs' in GT. You can hit them and some of them make noise when you do.

If any of you new HE owners haven't checked out the fan page yet-make sure to do it.....lots of useful info on this website.

www.goldenteefan.com

Check out the Home Edition tab...

Heres the link to the page with some of the 'easter eggs' under the 'miscellaneous' tab.....scroll to the bottom of the page....

http://www.goldenteefan.com/category/miscellaneous/

1 week later
#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Just cause it’s quick and easy doesn’t mean it doesn’t get old and annoying for every single game you start. I have special bags made up that have different clubs and spin types that aren’t in the bags you can choose.

I have 6 different 'build-a-bags' but recently im playing all the courses with Players Choice '20 and Grabbers.

Current HC is -26.10 about to reach 4K rounds played.

You can play 'stats' online and no one will see your scores.....
I enjoy playing contests, and seeing some of my fellow HE owners on the leader boards....
Lately ive been playing Real Time Rivals vs John Daly-the wind and green slopes are way easier than a contest setup.....finally got a -29, the -30 has still eluded me so far.

#1140 4 years ago

They stagger the release of the 2 'remastered' courses, along with new tee box positions throughout the year.

#1146 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's cool. When you said tee box positions does that mean the positions of the tee boxes changes throughout the year on the latest years courses?

Yes- in the past, par on a couple holes changed by a stroke due to the new tee placements. Some holes are easier, some are harder....

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Well it´s a computer a trackball and a couple of buttons. Surely mats is hardly above 800$?
The computer game itself wouldnt sell for more then 80$ at best.
Retail home ed is 3895$.
IMO it´s overpriced at about 2k.
1800 would be an ok price for a unit.
BTW i think a stern pro is overpriced in the same league, maybe more.

You're forgetting the employees that write the code and many other costs associated with developing and keeping the game updated.....
$4K isn't for everyone, but neither is a $9K NIB pin......

#1162 4 years ago

When setting up an invite- when choosing a course under the Freaky Friday tab, theres 15 different Freaky Friday events to choose from....that's almost 100 different courses to choose from.

#1173 4 years ago

I am currently working with incredible technologies to do some demo sales for tpf and mgc. Should have some pricing in the next couple days.

Are you working with Kevin Lindsey?

I've met him and Adam Kramer before at a PEGT tour event. Theyre both good people!

#1181 4 years ago

It might be "Golfer 1 with the honors"??

#1184 4 years ago

I should remember that after 4K rounds played, but I usually have the sound turned down.......lol

#1195 4 years ago

I have made arrangement with incredible technologies to have a couple golden tee 2020 pedestal units for both tpf and mgc. Price is 3495. These units will be used for the duration of the show(s) and can be removed from the show once the show ends.
I will have 47" tvs attached to a truss upright, so if you would like a tv stand let me know and we can order on.
I have 2 machines for each show. Please let me know if you would like one. Machines will be removed from the boxes at each show. They are brand new units a d come with the full factory warranty.
Christopher
[email protected]
[email protected]

Nice!

I always wondered why GT wasn't present at Video Game shows/conventions...……...where else could you get more people who are into video games hooked on GT???

#1197 4 years ago

There plenty of Golden Tee pedestals available at MGC last year. I brought one too.

Are you a distributor also?

#1202 4 years ago

Nice looking ped!

#1204 4 years ago

Ha. You should have seen what it looked like before I started :O
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW that's quite the transformation! Hard to tell it used to be a full cab......you do some nice work!

#1206 4 years ago

As long as it plays GT, who cares if it was a cut down……

I have a friend who has cut down a few and now has a Power Putt and Silver Strike to go with his GT.....he didn't want to put all 3 in the same cab...

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Got my first double digit under par score today playing Jamaica Bay online. That course has kicked my ass so many times and I'm sure it will again. Also got my first hole out for an eagle on a par 4. This game is so much fun!
[quoted image]

Nice! Now work on getting rid of those bogies....lol

#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Finally joined the club and picked up this 2013 Pedestal, with TV, and official (and expensive) factory stand for $1K. Nice!
Guess I'll be looking to get the 2020 Home Upgrade now.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

2 weeks later
#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

As of yesterday I'm officially a member!![quoted image]

Welcome! I see you're in the Facebook HE group also!

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Yup, I look forward to getting this hooked up and on line. Played briefly in the garage testing it and made a hole in one on a par 4. Quite a rush. Must be set on easy or something.

There are difficulty settings 1-5 for offline play. Theyre adjustable in the operator menu.

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

What is online play on, 5?

Online LIVE play will be 5.

3 weeks later
#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I happened to catch some of it. Wow I cannot believe what the Pros are shooting. 33 and 32 under is absolutely amazing. I really need to step up my game. I noticed most of the players had a ball trail turned on-thinking I want to try it. Also couple players playing with thumbs? So many techniques, I never realized how many compete and how serious it is. Tons of holes in one! -Time to play some GT

'Thumbing' a shot reduces the distance a club travels vs a full swing.....very speed dependent. I've been trying this a lot more on my HE....

The coverage on ESPN8 was good- I've met both Kevin Lindsay and Adam Kramer (the announcers) and theyre both very nice, grounded folks. The GT community is awesome. Go to a tournament sometime and find out. I've been to 3 and didn't know anyone before going and ended up having a blast!

Also anyone see on Twitter that Gotham Sports Network is having a video game bracket tourney? Golden Eye 007 (#1 seed) vs Golden Tee (#16 seed)?
The link was posted in the HE & GT Fan FB pages and GT community rallied and GT came from behind to win!

You can tell what year its been updated to by the available courses displayed on the screen, or from the attract screen

#1265 4 years ago

Ah, the mouth.....always a good listen and a good GT player!

2 weeks later
#1280 4 years ago

I am only 5 days in on the real GT, playing casual, and I get most everything, I have read tips on their site, and I can not find a single tip about tee height.
And while ago I tried to experiment with tee height, and I messed up and basically putted on my drive. (it was set on medium and I was trying to set it to high).
PLEASE, I need tips about tee height.
I do love all the backspins and bite, etc., choices, my multicade did not have any of that. I get those, and I did find tips about those.

Heres a brief explanation

https://livewire.itsgames.com/gt/golden-tees

You also have to take into account the ball youre using's attributes....

https://livewire.itsgames.com/gt/balls

Not sure how you could putt a drive unless you had no club speed....you can low tee drivers all day long and they still get height.....

#1287 4 years ago

Thank You very much!
I had been reading the how to play page on that site, and I could not find any other pages with info.
Has anyone ever kept one of these on casual play and never went online? The reason I am asking is I plan to never go online, and I wonder if it will come to a point that the game says "you are out of golden tees, and you must go online and purchase more".
This game is awesome!

Unless you're playing online, you'll never run out of 'consumables' IE balls and tees. You have unlimited amount of both!

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

How critical is selecting the proper club set and balls at the beginning of each game. I don’t bother with it and just use stock clubs, balls, and tees and wondering if that is impacting my scores both in casual and online? Of course I am not very good which doesn’t help either. For some reason lately I can’t make a putt when the green slopes right. All day long from the left, but come up empty on right,

Try different club sets, I was using Vultures and Surge before changing to Players Choice 2020. Some sets have higher lofted clubs which help hitting over mountains, etc.

I use grabbers but different balls have different attributes. Try different ones and see what you like. I believe that most bangers are using Stouts which cut thru the wind better..

2 weeks later
#1294 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Been playing mobile a lot more because of COVID quarantine shit. Waiting for IT to start shipping Home Editions again as I'm ready to pull the trigger.

When they open again, theres gonna be a long line to ship games, everyone is looking for HE's now......

1 week later
#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Had a friend over to play some GT and I learned a little technique that helped out my overall score. When you get close to the green in the rough and the game automatically sets you up with a pitching wedge-try another club like the 6 or 9 Iron. I always used the pitching wedge and never thought of using other clubs with being in the rough. The shots tend to be lower and more straight with less bounce-giving more accuracy.

Good advice. Depending on the clubset im using (I have 6 build-a-bags) and the pitch/slope/elevation of the green, ill pitch with a 6 iron for shots up to 10 yards away from the pin or a 5 hybrid (less loft) for shots further away. For some of those really large greens when youre really far from the pin you can also chip with a driver-just be careful how far you pull it back and watch your club speed. These techniques do take repeated attempts to master- playing in casual mode and being able to use the 'mulligan' feature can help you dial these stroke saving shots in!

#1312 3 years ago

I love that, my girlfriend thinks it is cheating.
Some games we both use it, and some games we don't bother.

I haven't used it once since I got my HE online after I bought it in 2015. I've been playing GT since it first appeared in the bars. If it helps you get better and figure out how to hit shots, use it! Unless you and the GF are 'playing' for something

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks like IT will be releasing a portable GT cabinet. This seems cool but at $2200 I rather have a full size cabinet. I can't imagine playing this thing on my lap or on a table, would be awkward. Also, I'm not sure if this can be updated. The game is advertised with 60+ courses but GT 2020 has 80+ so something is different.

May as well just play Golden Tee mobile on your phone.....I guess its a cheaper alternative to the pedestal, but I liken this to a 'virtual' pinball....its GT, but not really...also it who knows if it will keep/track my personal stats? Probably would be fun at parties, but the hard core players like myself wont be interested....mabey in the future they can add SSB/Bags to the same unit......At least you wont break your hand like on the Arcade 1UP....lol Theres lots of talk about this already in the GT and GTHE groups on FaceCrook…..

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:Joining the club. Just waiting on receiving the game. Any thing I should do to speed up the process so once I receive it I’m ready to go? Signing up online? Downloading app? Any help is appreciated.

[email protected]

Is Josh's email. Super helpful. Like stated already, you'll need the cabinet ID #. It displays upon boot up of the game. Mabey the place you purchased it from can give it to you. $100/year on line fee. To play for $ you'll need to download the app and create a profile.

Welcome to the club!

1 week later
#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Just saw a sweet 2017
Commercial unit
With tv stand
Number box everything
And sold for 2500
I thought that was a great price

Was it a pedestal? If it was, for that price, I might have been the owner of 2 GT HE's …..lol

2 weeks later
#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heads up, new pins and tee box positions are out for the 2020 courses! The change in pins was cool but nothing too major. However, the change in tee boxes really changes things up and makes a good number of holes play completely different. I can now see how many holes are designed with an alternate tee box in mind. I was a bit annoyed to have to pay $100 per year as an online fee but getting these types of changes, the stat tracking, contest online play, etc makes it worth it in my opinion. The worst thing about getting a GT is that I probably drink more beer now due to always wanting one while I play lol.
Some very minor details about GT 2021 are also starting to come out.
https://livewire.itsgames.com/news/15508-golden-tee-2021-logo-course-reveal

Its nice to change things up half way through this years courses.

If you notice- there is no course 'layout'- like a typical golf course has. So they could technically design new tee boxes anywhere 360 degrees around some of the par 3's. Didn't the new tee boxes change par on a few holes? I cant remember as I was pretty buzzed when I spun a few the other night.....lol

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Usually around August, September is the update time for operators, home versions I'm not sure.

Update ships to operators of bar machines usually in October- HE owners get the update about a month later....assuming theres not a delay due to the shut down this year.....

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This will be my first year buying an update for my home edition game. Does each yearly update come with a new security chip and thumb drive? I've always wondered if IT creates a unique security chip or hard codes something on the thumb drive so it matches up to a specific cabinet ID.

IT ships a thumb drive only. I believe its linked to your Cabinet ID #.

#1366 3 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Ok, well they sent me a chip. But I was converting it from pro to home as well, so that could have been part of that.

Yes- when converting from bar to HE it requires a new security chip so you cant play the 'bar' online money tourneys.

#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Is the online subscription really worth it? How often do you owners find yourself firing the thing up and seeking out online tournaments to play in? OR do you typically play alone or with other friends and family in person?

I've been playing GT since it came out in the 90's...….I (used to before Rona) play a couple live games at the bar each week. So I enjoy playing online Live play (in the bracket with the non prize play bar players) to get the challenging tee boxes. So I basically play live online every time I play. BUT I'm really into GT and have by competitive bar friends over to play a lot. They do run some online HE tournaments (usually $1 to enter). And the past few years (not in 2019) they ran a home owners 'Ultimate Cycle' where if you played ALL old courses once (including current year) you would get a discount on your renewal AND they drew 5 owners that got a free update (I won one of these last year). So it all depends if the $100/year is worth it to you....

1 week later
#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Starting to learn new techniques on taking risk to reduce my score. Playing around with high tee and going over buildings, rock formations, etc. to limit strokes needed. Finding out I can do things I did not think were possible, also going the distance even when it shows on club selection that you will come up short. Got to try more risky maneuvers if I am ever going to get even close to 32 under.

That's how to lower your score-its always risk vs reward! Discovering that you can often go over, through or around obstacles will save you strokes!

1 week later
#1392 3 years ago

Online vs offline- To each their own.

I play some in the bar vs my friends too, so I like being able to get the same 'looks' at home to dial in my shots in online play. The invites are nice also. You can also play all the 'freaky friday' and all the course mix-up events that are offered in the bar-although you have to pay the IT rake of $.50/game.

2 weeks later
#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Got 18 under on Jamaica Bay-my best score yet!

Nice!

The new tee boxes on Jamaica really mess me up...either I shoot a -23 or a -15.....lol

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My fear about adding a HD Buck Hunter is I feel it will get old quickly. I could see myself spending 4K plus on one and having to pay over a dollar a day to keep it up to date, only to grow tired of playing it within weeks. The thing I like about Golden Tee is how much variation and the plethora of available courses, etc. I have owned GT for six months now and I am still intrigued and trying to improve my skills and score. I think HD Buck Hunter would be awesome for guest that come over but I know it would lose that magical feeling for me quickly. Funny right now I would rather find a nice Nintendo play choice arcade with Hogan's Alley on it.

+1 For this...

I played a lot of BBH when it first came out in the bar, and while it is fun-more so with multiple players, IMO it would get repetitive.
Seems kinda pricy for what you get....unless i'm missing something.....

Chris! Was wondering where you have been lately-prolly chasing that 3 y/o around! lol

#1432 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi all, sold all my pins. I getting more into golf irl. I never played golden tee but a lot of my friends love it. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. What is the best one to get? Newest version? I'm willing to spend up to $5k. How bad they depreciate? Is it better to buy monitor stand or just console?

Get the 2020 which is the newest version. Online subscription runs $100/year.
Some vendors will offer free 2021 upgrade with new purchase in the coming months...id shop around and find the best deal (upgrade is worth $400).

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I can find free shipping easy for around $3798 but yet to find the free upgrade.

Hold out a little longer.....it WILL be offered as we approach the release of the 2021 update....happens every year.

1 month later
#1485 3 years ago

My buyer is dragging his feet on my most recent pedestal refurbish. The game is done and ready for sale. $3000 for anyone who may want it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice job-looks great! Is that a cut down?

2 weeks later
#1533 3 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Okay, so I'll set up a Pinside Golden Tee invites group, and I'll send out our first invite this Sunday to get folks a chance to see this post and sign up.
We'll do handicaps on and no prizes this time around, so people can see if they want to join or not. Afterwards, we'll let the group determine if they want to play for glory or prizes. I don't really care either way.
If you're interested, please send a GT friend invite to "POPE HIPSTER V" in the GT Caddy app, or DM me your GT name here and I'll add you. Let's see if this gets traction.
Also if anyone wants to play some low stakes cash invites (say, sub $5), you can send them to me at the name above. I don't like to play too rich

GT Caddy invite sent. I'm a 24 HC.
In for whatever you would like to set up.
The invites enable you to play the Freaky Friday setups that they offer in the bar/online.

3 weeks later
#1567 3 years ago

Anyone ever see/play GT in one of these cabs? Big Electronic Games?

This one is up for auction in Va. Current bid $11

GT2006 (resized).pngGT2006 (resized).png
#1569 3 years ago

Who wants a GT 2020 Pedestal? I'm practically giving this away due to upcoming move.
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Darn- if I was closer- i'd be on the way cash in hand! Great price!

2 GT HE's are always better than one!

GLWS!

Hope you don't mind- I posted to the FB GT Home Edition owners group.

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Wow. It is almost as if people sat around the board room at IT and said "You know, the only way to make our 300 lb games better is if we can find a way to pointlessly add 50-75 more lbs to the game. No new features just more weight. Let's make the control panel that much bigger so the slanted angle is emphasized in a way that doesn't make it more comfortable." Then, that cabinet was born and many backs were broken.

The story Im hearing on that cab- it it was a 3rd party-kinda like a 1-up deal.......

Broken backs and other things. Back when GT was thrown into old arcade stand up cabs (prolly around early 2000's) saw a guy at the bar break his finger while trying to hit the track ball.....he was so proud he hung his x-ray on the machines marquis! Clean break! lol

359 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nascarrey. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nascarrey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.