17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#623 5 years ago

Hi guys. I'm thinking of joining the club with a GT 2018 and thought I would ask you some questions. I've always loved GT and it's probably the most played game on my emulator cab. I'm a little confused on the home vs arcade live versions. Why can't I buy a live version for my home if I want it? What's the benefit of the home version for the home? Where are you guys buying yours? What kind of actual prices are you paying for these out the door? I'm debating on a 2018 or waiting for a 2019. Any idea when the 2019s are coming? Any recommendations on websites where guys are selling almost new games (like 2017s)?
I know I have a lot of questions.
Thanks in advance.
Junky

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

If you buy a NIB 2018 HE now- I believe most vendors are giving out free 2019 updates w purchase (coming this fall). Also I believe that all new HE come with the key pad (was $100 when I bought mine).
Both HE and Commercial units are 'Live'- HE does not come with coin mechs/bill acceptor.
Read back in this thread- I posted the link to a Facebook group (with several vendors in the group). Post that youre looking for a HE and they will respond quickly! LOL You might find a used one there also-but beware- youll have to pay the update fee if you want the latest version on GT.

I appreciate the input. Thank you sir. Any idea if there will be any significant hardware changes from 18 to 19? I would hate to buy a new 18 and then find out the 19s have a better trackball/processor/gpu/etc.

FB huh? God I hate FB.. This isn't the first time I've been told to find answers for something pinball or arcade related in a FB group. Guess I'm gonna have to join again.. Grrrr

Thanks again
Junky

2 weeks later
#636 5 years ago

Hey guys. I'm still on the fence about picking up a new HE. Today I played one game on a 2016 Commercial at the local bowling alley. I would really like to play a 2018 HE to see exactly what I would be getting.
Anyone in the CA Bay Area that wouldn't mind showing me theirs? I will bring beer!

1 week later
#644 5 years ago

Well I pulled the trigger today! Ordered a 2018 HE. Can't wait till it gets here!

Junky

#646 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Congrats! Welcome to the HE Club!

Thanks man!

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We shipped it out today! Welcome to the club!
Greg M
Pinballpro.com

Thanks Greg!

1 week later
#671 5 years ago

I'm IN!!

20180831_134530.jpg20180831_134530.jpg
#673 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Looks awesome, what size tv did you end up going with?
Also if you want to share your live username when you get it that’d be cool!
Greg M
Pinballpro.com

Thanks Greg!
It's a 55" Samsung. Perfect size IMO.
Username is: Fish & Pinball

#674 5 years ago

I’m just loving this GT! My son loves playing it too and that makes it an even better purchase for my gameroom.
I have a lot to learn though!

I’m bummed that it costs money to play against other people. I could understand if I was playing a commercial game somewhere at a bar. But if 2 people with home editions wanna play against each other it should be FREE!

Junky

1 week later
#680 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Shouldn’t be free, how do you think those servers are paid for

How about from the online fee?

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wait, are they shipping HE updates on the same day as the coin op updates?
Previously they waited a month or so I thought

No. We have to wait till Nov

1 week later
#696 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

How loud is the trackball? I’m wondering if I can play his at night hooked up to the tv in my living room. At least temporarily until I get the stand a new monitor/TV for it.

IMO it’s not that loud. But I guess it all depends on how someone smacks the ball. You could smoothly hit it or smack the shit out of it!

#697 5 years ago

Hey pinheads!
Friend me on GTCaddy and let’s play some cheap invitationals!

FISH & PINBALL

Heres my DIY LED marquee. Wasn't difficult.

20180920_142923.jpg20180920_142923.jpg
3 weeks later
#705 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Looks like I may be joining the club. Supposed to pick up a 2016 in the morning.
This is totally new to me. Hope I like it.

You will!

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Excited to say we are expecting to get our 2019 Golden Tee Home editions in stock about Nov 7th!
Greg
Pinballpro.com

Hey Greg. Will you have the HE 2019 upgrades on the 7th also?

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Question. I'd like to disable the feature that times you out and ends your match if you take too long to hit your shot. How can I do that? It's almost like you can't even walk away to hit the head or grab a beer without this occurring. Not cool. Other than that I am really like my new GT!

You can change the timeout or disable it completely in the settings. Press the red button on the bottom corner on the front of the pedestal.

1 week later
#740 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Nudie magazine day
[quoted image][quoted image]

T T T TODAY JUNIOR!

1 week later
#742 5 years ago

My 2019 update is finally here. I'm stoked!!

#744 5 years ago

Love it!
The swing meter and the back button are big improvements IMO. And real time rivals is a fun addition as well.

1 week later
#750 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Hey there! So is Realtime Rivals on 2019 Home Edition? Do you have to be on line to play? Thanks

Yes. You only play in casual mode. No online real time rivals mode.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ok. So it would be like a 2 player mode where I pick an opponent could play against the computer? Thanks!

Yes. 1 to 3 people can play against the computer rival

2 weeks later
#756 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Joining the club.
What does everyone recommend for TV and size? Looks like the stand holds up to 50 in.
Thanks.

You aren’t limited by size. You can go as big as you want as long as it doesn’t exceed the 100 pound limit.
I’m using a 55” and I think it looks fantastic. A 60 or 65 would be great too IMO.

#770 5 years ago

Nice. I like the new gt logo on the front

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Couple more questions.
I noticed when I play casual, I can scroll left or right to aim my shot, however, in Live play there was no scrolling. I could hit the left or right button and it move jump 30 yards to the left or right. Is there no scrolling allowed when playing online?
How do you find the Daily Contest or Money Shot games? I didn't see those options.
Thanks.

Correct. No smooth scrolling online.

On a HE you can’t play any of the contests or money shots. Complete bullshit if you ask me. The only way to play for money is in invitationals.

Junky

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

...There might be some legal issues with the HE & gambling also....

Maybe. But I would think if that was the case then HE players couldn't bet on the invitationals either.

#786 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Hmmmm......I can’t seem to find it

It’s there. You have to search in “groups” for golden tee pinside.

#791 5 years ago

I agree with everything you said. And you don’t have to play solo in rivals mode. 1-3 players can play against the rival. Super fun.

#801 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is there a way to specify a tee box when playing in casual mode? It seems to always be a much easier tee box compared to playing in Live games.

I know you can set the difficulty of casual mode in the settings menu. Although I'm not sure if that changes the Tee Box location or if it only effects wind and green slope.

1 month later
#808 5 years ago
Quoted from johnrezz:

Can someone point me in the direction of understanding what to do with a Golden Tee Live 2016 that I just picked up.... I have a Fore complete as well that has a lot more options for offline play.. The live 2016 appears to only allow for full course play or close to pin play (no skins or 9 hole options).... What is the best course to take for using this in your home? upgrade, etc... Basically how do you get the most out of it?
Its a very nice cabinet machine and I was planning on keeping it but it seems the old 2005 fore complete has more options for in home vs Just playing 18 hole courses...
What would you do with it?
I'm basically trying to decide if i want to keep it or not....
Thanks in advance....

I don’t know if you can update a 2016 into a 2019. If you can I would recommend that for sure. You would gain the rivals mode and skins in offline play

#813 5 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

lol your gonna break your fingers..

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think that’s playable

#826 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

If you open up a newer Golden Tee, it's basically a bare bones PC, as opposed to the old school Golden Tees that used a PCB or PCB/Hard Drive combo. Pretty much everything is stored on the hard drive; i.e. courses, scores, etc.
I don't know if IT has documented it anywhere, I just googled it and found a forum post somewhere that walked me through it. I think the program was called Partition Magic or Partition Wizard or something. It's pretty straightforward; pick the source drive (the one being cloned), pick the target drive (the one you want to clone to), and let 'er rip. Takes a couple hours depending on your PC, but it makes a perfect, bootable backup of the original HD.

I've been thinking about doing this just to speed up boot up time. It HAS to be much faster.

1 week later
#838 5 years ago

Sorry to say, I don't think a 2010 unit will run 2019 software. Not well anyway. The GPU alone I think will have issues.

1 week later
#845 5 years ago
Quoted from cincyITguy:

Turns out that the hardware is the same other than video card. The MSI card that is in it worked fine, but is limited to 720p. I bought the GTX1050 for $144 on Amazon and now have 1080p. I upgraded to 2019, and it is running great.
Thanks all.

That's fantastic. Awesome.
I'm really surprised that the only thing that's changed in 9 years is the GPU.
Crazy

#849 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What is everyone getting for their max power spinny shots? It seems we can get about 130 to 135.
I’ve heard that we should be getting in the 150’s. That sure would make the game easier on the longer holes.

I'm in the same boat as you. And I have trimmed the copper tape.

3 weeks later
#880 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

do you guys play by yourself at home or is this a drinking with friends game?

In the beginning I played more by myself and did plenty of online invitationals but now unfortunately it sits and really only gets played when friends come over to drink. It's definitely more fun when you have some buddies over

2 weeks later
#905 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Just ordered gt 2019 home edition.
I don’t need an 80” screen but , what’s a good size to use 40-50”?

I'm using a 55" mounted on the factory stand. It looks and feels like the perfect size IMO

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I’m unsure if I’m in the correct hdmi?
Can you take a pic where to plug into please?
The one hdmi I originally was plugged into shows nothing. So I plugged into the hdmi next to the two usb and all I was getting was Linux messages and rebooting messages!
Is the one with the Linux messages where I want to be?
Tech support told me differently.
How long does this take to boot and show up on screen?

Tech support is right. Hdmi cable should be connected to the GPU, not the motherboard. The hdmi port near the usb ports is on the motherboard. I usually turn on the machine and wait 5-10 minutes before turning on the TV. I recommend that you try a different TV and also hdmi cable just to rule them out.

7 months later
#1064 4 years ago

Other - For Sale
“Golden Tee Arcade Home Edition 2019 $3350 for everything except tv. Pedestal ($3900 value) Factory TV stand ($400 value) LED lighted Marquee ($100 value) Wireless bridge wifi conn...”
2020-04-28
Livermore, CA
3,350 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 389 times

1 month later
#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

...But my question is can the game be played fine offline?

Absolutely.
Just like on your mame cab.
Up to 4 players can play all of the available courses offline in "casual" mode. This includes 18 holes, closest to the pin, skins, and against "real time rivals" mode. All are very fun.
You will have to outfit your players with clubs, balls, and clothing each time you play (if you don't want to use the defaults). No individual stats will be saved, other than your initials.

No online tournaments or events. No wagers.

Rant time...
After playing online for the first year I let my subscription expire. I only play offline now. IMO the $100 yearly fee plus the $.50 per game fee is a total rip off. Especially because you can't play a real time game with others who are also logged in.

My personal prediction is that IT will completely change it's format within a couple years. They absolutely need to get with current technology and allow multiple people to play games/tournaments online in REAL TIME. If countless video games and phone apps can do it then GT should be able to do it too.
Not to mention they NEED better graphics. 4K video runs great on a $400 PS4 but not on a $4000 GT? Give me a break..

Nick

Ha! Panzer beat me to it

#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Tonight I found out that the game does have different difficulty settings and that online play is set to a harder difficulty setting versus playing casually offline.

You can set the difficulty level for casual as well. Making the greens more or less challenging.

Oh, and just like you guys, I also ended up buying my GT after playing the older games on my arcade emulator cab

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

There is no fee to play online games at all just the subscription. Online is the way to go as you can set up your golfer and earn clothes and stuff. You will want to set up your guy with better clubs and balls. The stock clubs and balls will only get you so far. If your offline you will have to change that every time you play which gets old real quick. They did add an events mode, they rotate mixed holes from different courses each week. That does cost a 1.50$ A game max is 10 games a week, but it’s totally optional. I usually play one a week.

How are you playing online against other players for free? If you wanted to play against me right now how would you do it?
Invites or events costs per player per game

#1106 4 years ago

Ok I see where I'm not explaining myself well here. Sorry.
If you want to play by yourself, or with a couple buddies in your home on your own cab, then YES you can all log in with your online player ID and it's free. Your stats will record.

But that is not what I meant by playing online.

Let's say Panzer, Gumby, and I wanted to play against each other today. One of us has to create an invitational event and invite the other 2 guys. Even if we're not betting any money, we all still have to pay $.50 each. And it's not in real time. We each would play the course by ourselves and then in the end we could log into the app and see how we all did.

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's embarrassing that after buying their $4,000 machine they micro-transact you $.50 at a time

This model of an overpriced 15 year old platform, and nickel and dining everyone to death won't last forever.

100%!

2 weeks later
#1160 4 years ago

Priced to move.

Other - For Sale
“Golden Tee Arcade Home Edition 2019 $3350 for everything except tv. Pedestal ($3900 value) Factory TV stand ($400 value) LED lighted Marquee ($100 value) Wireless bridge wifi conn...”
2020-04-28
Livermore, CA
3,350 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 389 times

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am looking to pickup a GT that can be converted to 2020 for the best possible price. What is the best way to approach this?

You could buy mine and update it easily. Although shipping wouldn't help

2 months later
#1291 4 years ago

So yesterday I turned on my GT to play and I saw that the online green light was green again. This is odd because I did not renew my online subscription earlier this year. I was able to play a few games online. Anyone else seeing this? I'm NOT complaining, just curious.

3 weeks later
#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

When will golden tee change from the current nighthawk cpu system to a newer tech
I am asking out of curiosity in regards to buying a unit

My biggest complaint. Very old technology. Very shitty graphics. High cost.
IT is VERY behind the times. If a $400 gaming console can display 4k with ease then IT has no excuse.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.