17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 6 years ago

The best bang for the buck right now in my option is the Golden Tee Home Live, Because you can put it online if you so choose. Does not play on the same network as the bar games, but does play against other home players.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Do you need any special equipment? Or is it just 100/year? Theres a lot of different versions available and some seem like home made.

Yes you need a golden tee Live EG 2007 or newer running 2017 Golden tee Live Home software. its $9.95 a Month or I think $100 a year.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

More of the same...
They're going to send me a 4th PC but this time include an IO board & then test both before shipping.
It's not that I don't want a PC & IO. I'm grateful for it actually. It's just that at this point I want a full replacement arcade. I don't want a refund & I'm not asking for compensation. I just want my GT to work.
IT says the 2 PC's I returned tested fine but I have YouTube videos showing otherwise. So maybe my cabinet or it's devices are bad or wired incorrectly. Maybe a harness was assembled wrong or etc & a ground is in the wrong pin location?
You know what's funny? IT is not sending a cabinet but they sure like telling me the PC's I sent back are fine lol.
Whatever, I'm fine trying one more time with the PC and also swapping the IO. That's cool. Hopefully it works because I really like the game.
If it doesn't work then I will lose some money up front to unload it (as is full disclosure of course) but save $600 a year for the rest of my life

I have alot of experience working on golden tee's on my route. Whats it doing?

#95 6 years ago

Wow, so most issues I've seen on gtg have been io board and security cabinet I'd board related, but not one of those sounds like that. Maybe a bad usb cable between one of the two boards bit I would think that would throw lost io error or lost cab I'd board error.

Are they swapping computer, io and cabinet is board when they swap?

Yes static is a huge issue industry wide, are you using a grounded outlet? Do you see any of the earth ground wires not hooked up?

All the errors and lag make me think a bug in software that the game is trying to over come but the issue would be more wide spread then that. I would ask them to take a full set of board, cab I'd board and computer from a known working game from the testing line and send to you. And send you two new usb cables at same time.

JJ

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yep
NIB 2017
This 4th PC has a different GPU with a native DVI port instead of a VGA with DVI adapter
Also... the new IO board is missing about 33% of the components but works fine. I suspect the missing stuff is for analog video, coin op & backward compatibility? Sure hope so lol
I reeeeeally like GT. I mean for real pinball aint got shit on GT. Its like a whole new world lol. But man it's been a rough ride.

Looks like to me is its missing the sound circuit because you are routing the sound through HDMI, and its missing the cell card stuff

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I see a brass cell antenna fitting on the top right of the old IO board so that makes sense. Would have thought the antenna connected to the cell unit tho but sure as shit the connector is there.
Not that it matters but I sure think my new IO board is specifically for new HE 1080p units only while the old one worked on HE units, commercial units & older analog units?
Anyway I'm gonna play some games on it tonight. Hopefully all stays well.
GEX do you play GT live?
Also.... can you guarantee a Star Wars delivery late July early August during the 3 days my wife is in the hospital recovering from child birth?

I don't.. But I have alot of experience working on them.. I own 5 of them.

Ha I don't guaranty anything when it comes to production of pinball. But when she gets home she will be so sleep deprived that she won't notice so no worries!

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've been eyeballing one these for a year now.
It's completely free to play online (assuming you have a sub), right? You can just enter tourneys for prizes if you want to pony up the cash?
What about clubs, gear, etc? Is that all included as part of the HE?

9.95 a Month. Don't think there are cash Tournaments. Not sure on clubs and gear

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What do you mean? Did GRG have to put a deposit down for you to get replacement parts? That seems odd.

Quoted from PW79:

IT says the PC is a $2,500 item & requires a deposit.
Think of it like Stern's PF swap program. Except instead of shipping me an empty box first they ship one with a new PC in it.
Seems like GRG has pretty much a HELOC with IT & thats what insures the swap protects IT.
I can certainly understand why they want to hold funds on a high dollar item. So if you buy a GT from a random dude I dunno how parts deposits would go.

Stern does this the same way. Just most of us have it put on our accounts then have to hound you if you do not return it. We do the same with IT. Very common to see in this industry to be charged for advanced replacements then get refunded when the bad one is returned. Similar to a Battery Core charge with a car.

Maybe I need to make a Pinside deal on the GTG homes. I generally keep them instock as well.

JJ

#139 6 years ago

Ok we are going to offer a deal $3500 Shipped to your curb any where in cont usa for GT Live Home. No Tv Stand. Tv stand is $495

Yes Late October is when they normally get Protected for 2018
Here is the Link.

https://gameexchange.biz/products/golden-tee-golf-live-home-2017

Use Discount code GTGhomepinside

JJ

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Saving link!
Just curious - does that include any online time? Some people do 3 months up to 1 year. Just want to know before I lock one in!

I don't think so. Not sure how they are doing that because thats all controlled by IT

JJ

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If possible get your cabinet ID before it ships.
I kid you not IT wants you to fax or email in a form & then wait... like 1-3 days. You cannot download the form & fill it out on your device either because the PDF is locked. You cannot go onto a website & enroll for IT's online service. If you call into customer service they will not complete the transaction over the phone.
Get your cabinet ID and enroll before the games ships!
Also I do believe every game has a note inside the cabinet packaging offering a 30 or 90 day free trial membership.

Good idea. easy if you stock them. harder if you drop ship. We stock them most of the time. I will go look at my floor machine for a free offer form

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Im not sure you could move the ped with monitor attached....the mount is a beast......tv would need to come off before moving I believe...I need to rearrange my GT/pin room soon, so I guess ill find out if I need to detach the mount from the pedestal before moving.
If ya wait- you can always order it later if you don't like the wall mounted monitor....if It has them at their Vernon Hills location you could grab one later....(would save $ on shipping at least).

I believe IT is working on some upgrades on the features of the invites......in app messaging/group/invite messaging would defiantly be an improvement!

You can buts its not easy and takes a four wheel dolly. Ps I dont take off monitors before even moving them in truck

1 month later
#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

JJ this may need to be added to my SW LE purchase

Easy to do

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:JJ days Oct.. Message Game Exchange and ask what the best way to be notified of the sale.

Yep or Keep checking back Here. I will try and remember to post up about it.

Quoted from jitneystand1:

How long will you be running this sale? Moving at the end of this month and would like to wait to order until then so I don't have yet one more thing to move.
Also I didn't see how to add a monitor stand to my purchase...

You got time. Even If I have to end it unless the price changes at ITS then I will still honor it. I need to check on my website. I think I might need to list the stand.

JJ

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So this happened
The game recovered & its clear by the message the software is engineered to handle some snags but after everything I've been through so far I fear it to be an omen

Looks Like just a dirty volume from being powered down with out shutting down (which you can't shut down GTG anyhow) No worries

Quoted from PinballNewb:

$1,650 for a 2008 live. Seems like a good deal?

Would cost you about $750 for the 2017 update kit. you would need the Ram update as well which is from my memory about $150. so about $2550 plus shipping. Not a Great nor a bad deal. Mostly Depends on the condition of the Monitor as mentioned above likely a CRT. Also the Boards and Track ball. Most guys do not like the upright machine so they end up doing cut off's on them.

JJ

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I have a friend who is doing that with old GT & SS cabs......they actually look good after theyre cut down....

Yep they do. Not as good as the Dedicated new ones but they look good. I have a few on my route

JJ

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Can I ask, what $ are your routed GT games set at for prize play? I can only find one local place to me set at $4, of course the beers there are more expensive than my usual place.....

$4 is Factory Default.. I run mostly $4. 1 Is $3 I think because I get a bigger share of the action to make it cheaper.. The fee's Golden tee charges are just nuts now.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Does anyone have detailed pictures or directions for the cut off cabs? I still have two nighthawk kits in old fore cabs that i'd like to convert. The uprights look too old now my showpiece cabs earn a lot better.

A quick google search turned up this you tube video.. I did not watch it but looks like it might be helpful to you

here is another write up
https://techtipsandtoys.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/golden-tee-fore-golf-game-cabinet-conversion/

Both are a little more advanced then you need. We just run a 2x4 down each side to secure a back door onto

#212 6 years ago

Here are some pictures of how I did a Cutdown for my route.

JJ

IMG_20170628_0941438 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_0941438 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_0941368 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_0941368 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170628_0941324 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_0941324 (resized).jpg

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

wow nice. So the monitor outputs VGA and you can just wire an LCD?

Correct.. Or Some of the newer ITS cores have HDMI output. Or you can run a VGA to HDMI converter if your tv does not has VGA (is becoming rare)

JJ

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Maryland. From there it would be shipped to me down under. Thanks for the other info.

We are selling on a deal for pinside guys for $3500 ship to cont usa.

Here is my earlyer post

Ok we are going to offer a deal $3500 Shipped to your curb any where in cont usa for GT Live Home. No Tv Stand. Tv stand is $495
Yes Late October is when they normally get Protected for 2018
Here is the Link.
https://gameexchange.biz/products/golden-tee-golf-live-home-2017
Use Discount code GTGhomepinside
JJ

JJ

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Quick question. If you have a Golden Tee Live 2016 offline, has never and will never connect to the internet, is there any way to do player tracking? Can I install the keypad or card reader and have it save people, golfer, stats etc? I thought the answer was yes, but IT is saying no.
Thanks.

not that Im Aware of.

all of the trackings is done on there severs.. eg needs to be online

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for the offer. Do all items come boxed for shipping, the machine and stand? As these would most likely go into a container for shipping to Australia. Are you able to obtain direct shipping quotes to Australia?

Yes for Boxed. I just got a few in Factory Fresh Yesterday.

We do not ship to Australia but we can ship to coin op warehouse

3 weeks later
#232 6 years ago

Just got word 2017 units will now get a free 2018 upgrade for any unit sold as of 8/1 (New only)

Also I will have to delete my posting above with the discount pricing as of 8/15.. Golden Tee is instituting a MAP pricing on the GTG Home

JJ

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What will be the new pricing??? Thinking about purchasing one.

Call me and I will take care of you. Just min advertised price.

I have removed the discount code from the website. Feel free to call me for pricing guys.

303-931-3685

JJ

2 weeks later
#273 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

As for "versions", any downside to getting a 2016 or slightly earlier version as opposed to the 2017?

None that I can think of other then older hardware (which hasnt changed much) and of course having to upgrade the software which can really take the deal out of buying an older one... Online updates are $799.. not sure how much home updates are but I would guess about the same. Just don't go super old.. Stay 2014+ and most you willl have to do is ram updates. We are starting to see alot of mother board and Video card failures due to age and use.

JJ

3 weeks later
#289 6 years ago

Sounds like late October for Home 2018

JJ

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Looking to buy a GT2018 pedestal cabinet. Any recommendations on where to buy it from Game Rooms Guys, Game Exchange etc?? Looking for NIB including shipping to Hagerstown MD.

Call me 303-931-3685 For 2018 you will need to wait until Nov.. Supposed to come out in LATE October for GTG Home Live

JJ

1 week later
#307 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Game Exchange might not have them in stock-thus waiting for them to get new 2018 peds in would be my guess...
+1 for buy now....ususally someone is looking to get rid of old inventory.....

I have instock.. Hes in Australia so would need to ship the update kit overseas

JJ

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Cool...
Did ya ever get a shipping quote from Coin-op Warehouse?

Nope, Only too coin op warehouse never from

JJ

1 week later
#318 6 years ago

I got New 2018 Machines Shipping Mid next week to us! Factory Fresh!

JJ

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Can you drop ship from the factory?

Yes but I prefer to ship from Denver which is why We stock them.

JJ

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Awesome...i have one of those already.
Thanks, guys.

Powerline is the way to what I recomend to everyone who askes for this use. Ive been using one for 12 years.. did have to replace a cap on the reciver once

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Which Powerline adapter do you recommend specifically? I see a few different options on Amazon.

Ive heard good things about this one
https://www.amazon.com/Zyxel-Powerline-Gigabit-Adapter-Starter/dp/B0136Q9QJK/ref=sr_1_7

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Finally in the club! Wow am I bad, lol.

Looks great.. does it have the new game smell?

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

JJ, when can we order it on your website?

Have to call me to order now. I have a shipment leaving Chiago Monday for Denver.

303-931-3685 and I will get you all taken care of.

JJ

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I'm still on your list?????
Chris

Yep. Give me a call Today or Monday and we can finish up the deal so when they land I can ship it you to ya!

JJ

#358 6 years ago

Not

Quoted from lostlumberjacks:For anyone in the know, I've got a route golden tee live, a guy wants to buy it. If someone wants to use it in their home will they still have to pay the fee's, or is that even allowed?

Not Allowed.. If he wants to play online it would need to be converted to a Golden Tee Home Live.. Otherwise, it will need to be deregistered and played off line

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Theres a different chip IT sells to convert a 'bar' version to a HE.

Yes- online tees, pins & wind conditions are all way more difficult! Nice set up you have there! Welcome to the 'club'!

I think its a whole kit. Chip, and Update stick software

JJ

#364 6 years ago

Golden tee 2018 Machines are instock and ready to ship. I have 1 left in this batch right now not spoken for

JJ

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I keep looking at a chopped down 2011 unplugged cab for 1k. I'm assuming it could be upgraded to 2018 live. What is the cost of upgrade?
If I do this though my next pin will delayed. I have GT Fore on MAME but these new versions look cool as hell. Decisions decisions

I'm not sure you can take and Unplugged to a Home Live.. Without a new Computer and IO board. But for sure to go from that old I would expect the following. Update/Conversion Kit, More Ram, New Video Card(Old ones could not do the HD quality and only had VGA out), and likely a new trackball. If the Computer has not been rebuild then I would guess you would want to add an advanced replacement computer to that list as 2011 is an old core computer.

You would need to call Incredible Technologies to see if they can/would even do an update kit for it. They don't less us Dealers sell update kits so I can't give you a full run down on cost..

JJ

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Thanks for the pics JJ. I finally cut a Fore cab into a pedestal today and it was easier than i expected, just need to mount a back door.
Do you use a tv stand or wall mount?

Wall mount or I make my own stand on the back of a cut down.

1 month later
#396 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Showing off your 'body by Putin'? Looking good Chris!

I'm not sure on that one... Post in this group-you will get an answer quickly!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/254697198048158/
Theres a couple guys from IT that peruse that group regularly.....

Yes should be ok.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

As long as the match does not contain 2018 courses I’d say yes.
It would hurt IT/GT to cockblock themselves out of matches (they skim every game)

Commerical they block ALOT after the new update comes out.. I would assume you would need to be on 2018 to keep on the network for long.

3 months later
#478 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Does anyone operate a Golden Tee Live 2018?

I do, Whats up?

JJ

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

I recently bought a GT Live 2016 pedestal from an operator and upgraded it to Home 2018. They sent me a marquee with the update, which I'd like to install. I have the monitor mounted on the wall, so I don't need the stand. Can I buy the marquee lightbox from IT and mount it to the monitor, or do I need to have the monitor stand and whatever bracket it comes with?

You need the little plastic frame and the arms to hold the frame up.. Then I screw the arms into the back of the tv using the top screws for the mount. Works great. If you don’t have the frame or the arms hit me up I think I have a spare set or two sitting I can look for.

JJ

#493 6 years ago

Buy a power line networking adaptor. They work great.

TP-Link AV600 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 600Mbps (TL-PA4010KIT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fZO0AbCZTXZK8

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Wow this is great. How does it work?

Plug into a outlet near your router, plug into outlet near your game. Press the link button. used the power wires in your house as network conductors too.

JJ

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Has anyone found that the game locator doesn't see to be very accurate? I was looking for game in the nearest bar.

Its only as accurate as the operators are at listing them at the right location and removing them, Which isnt much. Speaking of I need to update mine

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from TrevixClemson:

So, I have the opportunity to buy a 2018, used but in apparently decent condition, for $1500. No monitor. Any tell tale issues I should be watching for?

Check to see how old the computer is.. Should have a sticker on it that shows what version it was new

#543 5 years ago

It’s a cut Down with a new controll panel it looks like.

JJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=gexchange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.