17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My daughter is 4 so the day she gets 10 eagles & 30 birdies is ways off.
She just wants to play golf on the pirate course with a weird costume....
But she cant unless I pay $4,000 for the game +$100 yr for her to access her golfer + pay I dunno $500 per golfer to unlock full wardrobes.
I bet the wardrobe resets every yearly update too lol. So its like $1,000 a yr for the full game for 1 golfer
Aaand to make it very clear to N3000 who asked about online play...
If I send you a match invite for a $0 wager we still pay $1 to IT just to see our names side by side. Imagine paying $0.50 per Call of Duty match or $0.50 per Madden match. That's what Golden Tee does. They charge you $0.50 per invite round you play regardless of if you wager or not
I like GT but man its a cash grab. Still, get one

Dam this sucks to hear. I've been eyeing one too for me, my wife, and our 4 year old to have fun other than pinball. But, if it's $100/year per player?!?!?! F that! I'm ok with having to buy special outfits, but $1 per play against friends and family?!?!! Again F that!

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No
So this is sorta complicated
Its $100 per year for the game itself to be online. Anyone can swipe their card & pop up on the game. You, the wife, the kid, all "share" the same $100 yr online access because its sorta relative to the cabinet ID not player ID
But... the custom clubs, custom golf balls, custom hats, pants, shoes, shirts & such cost money. That cost *is* per golfer, not per cabinet.
So if your daughter wants a pink golf ball that sparkles in the air while she is dressed as a purple smiley face in a cool suit.... forget about it. You'd have to probably pay $500 *per golfer* to unlock everything.
So its $100 yr online + $450 yr upgrade + $500 to unlock everything for one golfer + $0.50 per match
So if you want to play 9 other friends then GT gets $5 from the 10 of you in the lobby
Its indeed a huge disappointment. We expected the $4K price & we expected the $100 yr but we were stunned our HOME EDITION game had everything in the promo video locked unless purchased.
Players can indeed unlock some clothing gear via playing matches but my kid is not going to play 2000 rounds & make 500 Hole in ones. Aaaand no matter how much you play the custom golfballs & clubs cost money.
My cousin was going to buy a GT too until he learned how it works. Instead he bought a $7K grandfater clock lol. He's an idiot

That sucks the $450 unlock feature is per golfer, and not per game. Can you just spend $20 and get a few accessories for your kid? Kind of like how apps are?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.