17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from JosephT:

Love that Vice City picture!

Yes, that is dope!

1 year later
#816 5 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

lol your gonna break your fingers with the screen so close.
happy i got rid of my 2005

Yup, either that or just break the Arcade1up in two.

Golden tee without the proper space on the control panel isn’t Golden tee!!!!

10 months later
#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This has always been my concern buying a Goldentee. I wish there was a more realistic difficulty setting in the game. However, I've come to realize that Goldentee is intended to offer an arcade experience versus simulation. Kinda like how Crusin USA and the Burnout driving games are not racing sims but still a blast to play. If GoldenTee was a golf sim it likely wouldn't be as popular. A setting to increase slope on greens would be cool to see as that one change would add more difficulty to the game and still retain the core game.
I've watched some of the GoldenTee champion streams where people are shooting crazy low scores. However, every once in a while even the top Goldentee players mess up while putting.
I've contacted a couple distributors about ordering a new pedestal GoldenTee 2020 cabinet. Getting prices from $3,600 - $4k shipped.

Golden tee is all about the crazy recovery shots, hitting par 5’s in two and it is super arcade, but totally deeeep. I love Golden Tee

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I've seen those. $2,800 but they look like games cut down from a pedestal cabinet, or a custom build. The games may have older used hardware from multiple systems that has been upgraded to 2020 software. Many of the cabinets look similar but have some differences in the way they are built. Also would be worried that I may not be able to upgrade to next years software if the software used is a cloned image or something. At that point I feel like I might as well pay $800 for a new official cabinet.
detroit.craigslist.org link

Correct , those use older nighthawk CPU’s.

When buying GT, just buy direct from IT. You can’t go wrong. A great value, as you will probably get your money’s worth. Can always sell them 2nd hand for about 2-2500 if you get bored of them.

2 weeks later
#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

Incorrect. All my games for sale come with new hardware aka new motherboards. Not that it matters much when they are 50-100$ on the open market for a new motherboard. I also include a year warranty and free lifetime repairs for the cost of parts.

New GPU's as well?

6 months later
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’ll start by saying it’s way too expensive.
But, it runs full GT 2020 offline and powerputt well.
If I had to run their gimped version of 2019 with a bunch of missing courses it’s a no brainer to pass.

It has power putt on it? Or do you have to swap the hard drive?

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

What he meant to say is that the stock hardware under the hood (dual monitors, motherboard, graphics card, etc) will run the game Power Putt with minimal changes. Of course, you would need to swap in your own Power Putt Hard drive, security chip, and CID to run the game.
Same holds true for Silver Strike X, as well as Golden Tee 2020 Home Edition. If you have hard drives, security chips, and CID's for those games, you can run them on this unit too. Dual monitor output works well. Sound is an issue on all games except Golden Tee Go, because the graphics card is configured to output sound over HDMI on Silver Strike, Power Putt, and Golden Tee 2020 Home Edition, with no easy way to force it to the cabinet speaker. GTGo offers a setting in the menus to choose digital or analog audio, requiring a reboot to enact the changes. Kind of a pain, and not really convenient for "going" which is the whole point of the game to begin with.
I ALMOST had that issue solved by using a video card that allowed for simultaneous audio by injecting the spdif stream into HDMI (and thus leaving the analog feed alone), but I can't get their monitor to play nice for dual-screen work. Target Toss is fine, but the other 3 games display in the upper-left corner of the monitor (and the attached HDTV as well), so it's a no-go. Too bad.

Yeah, that sucks. They need to put all 3 games on one system. I love Power Putt and Silver Strike.

So who here has one of these Costco units?? I’m tempted to order one

11 months later
#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from jpinb:

Golden tee clubhouse edition, anyone replaced old crt monitor with newer lcd. Tried this getting signal out of range, tried 2 different monitors. Any ideas?

I think Suzo Happ sells a conversion board for this, it's cheap; like under $100

1 year later
#2917 1 year ago

Huge golden tee fan, just ordered a new PGA cab, I opted for just the pedestal and the stand so it would take up less space.

Is the Showcase really that big? Says 53" wide...That's enormous in my opinion.

Am I making a mistake not getting the showcase cab?

#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I think the pedestal on its own looks really slick, when you add the showpiece stand it starts to look like something out of a Dave & Busters. Bright blue LEDs that you can't turn off might be an issue depending where in your house you have it set up.
I also don't think the price increase of the showpiece is justified. For almost $2k you get a stand and some blue lights/marquee. It seems over priced to me.
If you need a night light though...
[quoted image]

Good to know, thanks for the feedback, that would get annoying after awhile...I will stick with the pedestal.

1 week later
#2974 1 year ago

Just got golden tee pga brand new.

How do I register it and get it online?

#3002 1 year ago

Just got online, holy heck...Super fun...I love what they've done

1 month later
#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Online subscriptions going up. I believe it was previously $9.99/$100? Not sure since my PGA came with one year free.

I hooked mine up to online; what do I get for this? All I seem to be able to do is just play online and track my progress...Am I missing something?

2 weeks later
#3180 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

[quoted image]

Arcade Collection is a stand-alone system which includes Silver Strike Bowling X, Power Putt, and Target Toss all on a single hard drive. It runs with its own security chip and it's own CID and hard drive.
The only way to run Arcade Collection in the same cabinet as golf would be to use some kind of 3rd party switching equipment, like the Perfect Solutions switcher. But that would require you to have an extra computer and extra I/O board as well.

Yeah, cost-wise, probably better to just buy the arcade collection cabinet and roll it in and out with golden tee, right?

1 month later
#3223 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

After a month of waiting for parts finally got it up and running. Still have to finish the stand ,but excited to play a game... few questions.
Do you just turn off the game with the power switch? No booting before turning off ?
Lastly connect to wifi. It still won't let me play online. And simple answer ?
Thx
[quoted image]

There is a button underneath the control panel on right side, above the drink holders...Hit that after it boots up and will take you to system menu for wifi config

#3235 1 year ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Questions for the pga owners,
Can you shut off the blue lights?
How loud is the fan on the unit?
I had an order version and found the fan to be very loud in a small home environment.
Thanks

Fan not loud at all, I got the standard and just did a nice stand off amazon and 43" Sony 4k tv...Looks awesome, I have it next to a row of pins and a Bullseye Dart Machine, so no more LED's needed, the deluxe was too wide for my setup.

Guests flock to Golden Tee, it's a classic...I love it, have been playing pins a lot more of late, but know that Golden Tee is bolted to my floor

4 weeks later
#3300 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Yeah, the TV is the key here. I'm guessing nobody goes smaller that 55"?

I got a 43" Sony 4k tv, and it's plenty big IMO, it's perfect fit...I just have the pedestal and the a tv stand, I thought the deluxe was overkill

1 week later
#3323 11 months ago

So what is the point of online? I have PGA, and like the season pass where I can win stuff for my characters...But what's the real point of online?

Are the tourney's fun? You have to pay to play them right?

3 months later
#3378 8 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Any Golden Tee bought July 17th or after gets a free 2023/2024 update.

How much does the update cost for those of us who bought PGA before then?

1 week later
#3397 8 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Not sure, but $400-$500 was quoted by my distributor.

What a ripoff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=dsmoke1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.