Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2656 1 year ago

I’m looking to get a golden tee for my game room. My only experience is playing the old arcade cabinets.
I don’t know anything about the different versions over the last few years. I’m doing some research on them now, but i figured I’d ask here if there’s a big improvement in the game year to year or if its minor changes and better graphics? Any year that is considered the best one or any bad years?

1 week later
#2689 1 year ago

I can’t decide if it’s worth spending the extra on the pga standard edition. 5300 vs 4k for a new standard 22.
The rational part of me says to get the regular edition with like 100 courses and have plenty to play and enjoy even if new content doesn’t get released.
If you were adding a GT to your collection now what would you get?

#2699 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

You guys have 5% tax? I really need to move... 14% here in Ontario, Canada. It's going to be over $10k for one of these in Canada after exchange, shipping and taxes. I paid less than that for my Iron Maiden pro. No idea who in their right mind is going to be paying that, I would have to play over 2000 games before it becomes cheaper than going to the bar. So far I've racked up just over 900 games in almost 3 years on my HE which I paid around $2400 for. (480 game break even)
The pricing just seems off on these new ones, especially when it comes with a damn 1650 video card. How are they expecting to run anything in 4k that looks nice on a 1650?

Most places in the US have around 7% combined local and state sales tax. There are a few states that have 0% sales tax. I haven’t looked into how those states tax you on income or personal property, but I’m sure they’re all getting theirs one way or another.

1 month later
#2850 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Picked up a GT Live pretty cheap. Coin door looks ok but parts of the lock are missing and it just sticks out. Any idea where to get one of these locks? BTW…it’s not going on route. I just want the machine to look as normal as possible. TIA
[quoted image]

Amazon has a few options. Search vending machine lock or T handle lock.

1 week later
#2912 1 year ago

I just bought a 2021 golden tee and got it online. I’m not sure if I can play with you guys until I get 2022, but if I can send me an invite.

My name is TwinPines88

I sent friend requests to a few of you. Some I couldn’t find. Shoot me a friend request if you want to play.

#2914 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I also have a 2021. IT wants $360 to upgrade to 2022. I think I am just going to hold out until 2023 comes out.
I tried searching for TwinPines88 and nothing comes up.

That’s weird. I wasn’t able to find you either. I found jalpert, valis, and wd83. You and one or 2 others wouldn’t come up for me.

#2918 1 year ago

We have a new GT fan in the house.

B89AC0C1-D9FF-4502-B92F-0A658E6E2E4A (resized).jpegB89AC0C1-D9FF-4502-B92F-0A658E6E2E4A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3023 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So i just registered my game on the site. Im on wifi on the game. But i still cant play online? Do i have to like wait for a human to see my registration request? It said it was successful.
Also whats best way to shut down game? Just hit the button?

You do need to wait for a human to get online. Mine went live within a day.
That’s how I turn mine off. Not sure if there's another option

#3049 1 year ago

Im still really new to playing Golden tee but I’ve had a lot of success chipping using a wedge and adding Roll. Which should be similar to using an 8 or 9 iron. I can usually chip close without adding spin, but I find it’s much easier to be dead on if I take a short swing and let the ball roll out.

#3070 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey guys , So probably a dumb question but I am new and still trying to figure this out. Just saw this in the app. Is this a good deal? What does the gold bars do ?
So to upgrade to 2022 from my 2021 it would be $299 with the end of year special IT is running. Should I upgrade now or wait until the 2023 comes out ? I don’t have any problem paying the $299 I just don’t want to pay $299 now then another $299 in three months when 2023 comes out.
[quoted image]

The gold bars are a GT mobile thing. Lets you unlock new courses and play in gold bar events.
Im in the same boat as you. I am planning on waiting for 2023 to come out and then pay the $400+$50 for both years.
Otherwise it’s 299 now and 400 in approximately 3-4months

#3077 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I doubt 2023 will be out in three months. The last bit of content releasing for 2022 is planned for March 20th so I bet we don't see 2023 until June.

You don't earn clubs or balls, you just buy them. Clubs don't have any difference other than buying the super/power spin versions which give you more backspin or roll, but balls make a big difference. If you want the "easy" mode you can use stouts which cut all wind in half. If you want more distance you can use something like the titans.

I may just buy 2022 now then if there’s still that much of a wait.

Quoted from murfe88:

So if we are both ok 2021 can we send invites to each other ?

Unfortunately we can’t. As far as I can tell, you can only play invitationals with the most current year

#3078 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ok great. And are tees worthwhile as well?

Golden Tees are also free with the home edition.

3 weeks later
#3120 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Online subscriptions going up. I believe it was previously $9.99/$100? Not sure since my PGA came with one year free.

It was $9.99/$100
That reads like if you have a recurring payment your price won’t change until your CC expires.

#3131 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just because Daily is gone doesn’t mean they can’t do the ladder. Remove him, keep the feature.

They should just change his skin tone and call him Mr. Dream. Done.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=chubtoad13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.