17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2735 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got a great deal on a Golden Tee Go V1 updated to V2 software and online.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet. Presumably Facebook marketplace or something similar? I've been looking around for one for a few months and have come up blank. V2s are easy to find, but I'd prefer the screen for more flexibility. (and with that said, if anyone here has a Go V1 they're looking to move, PM me)

1 week later
#2755 1 year ago

Do you guys think the PGA Tour 2022 home edition is worth the extra grand over regular 2022 home? While nice I don't care too much about the six real world courses, and having an NFC pad seems unnecessary for the home, but the 4K. The 4K is intriguing. Also comes with a year free subscription. And, uh, cup holders.

They haven't been out long so I don't think a lot of people have had a chance to try one, but if you have, really wondering if 4K even matters with these low detail courses in the first place.

#2764 1 year ago

Thanks for all the answers! Probably gonna go PGA Tour, eat the extra cost now to have a future proof machine. Not sure if that 28" pedestal will fit through the door of the room I want it in, though. :/

Quoted from Anony:

It just seems so expensive when you can get used home versions for under $3000 and it's basically the identical game.

Which was definitely my first desire but I just couldn't turn anything good up in the last 6 months. All used instances I've found of the 2020/2021 pedestals were going for low $3000s, and then you add shipping or a 10+ hour round trip drive for me, and we're an ass hair away from a brand new unit anyway.

1 week later
#2806 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Just received a Pga standard machine.
Why don’t these come with marquees anymore?
Also, am I the only dumb one to move a new pga
Standard down 15 steps completely by myself?

My PGA comes in next week and I have to haul it up three flights with my wife, who's already not very happy about this but I have no friends close by. Wondering if I could strap it to a dolly/hand truck but that may not make it any easier. We've gotten 12 cocktail pins up to that floor via the one step at a time method with me taking most of the weight underneath, presumably that'll work again.

1 week later
#2856 1 year ago

Got my PGA Tour in today and it was tough getting up three flights, but as with all this stuff, you take your time and rest often and it goes a lot more smoothly. Although when we got it to the steep and narrow staircase it almost came back down on me a few times, especially when I had to lean it all the way back into my body to clear a low ceiling while still trying to lift it up the steps. A hairy few minutes there.

Anyway, set it up and connected to wifi, works fine, loving it so far! Already getting the feel down, improved a few strokes from game 1 to 2, and then in game 3 got a -8 at Nihon Yoru even with a double bogey and a triple. Very fun. I have a bunch of newbie questions that don't seem answered anywhere in their very slim documentation.

- I'm confused on registering the machine. I scanned a QR code, filled in the blanks on the page it took me to, and now it takes a day or two to hear back about my machine being registered? Will it just magically be registered at some point?

- Can I play for money and prizes on a home machine? I thought you could but the manual says all the prize, money, and reward modes can't be turned on in a home unit. That would be disappointing if I can't, but I guess people could cheat if they're at home? I could have sworn I saw people playing in money tournaments at home on youtube.

- What is the Livewire site (https://livewire.itsgames.com/) and do I need to make an account there?

- How do you scroll through course stats in the attract screen?

I'm sure these are basic ass questions, but I've looked all over for an answer the last hour and couldn't find anything.

#2867 1 year ago

Thanks for the help. My machine got activated today and I made an account (username: VALIS) and sent out friend requests to the two of you who just posted their usernames. Anyone feel free to send me a friend request. It seems like we can make a group and play tournaments against each other?

I can see my stats and character on the app and the Livewire site, but that's about all I understand at this point. Such as, my clothes options are different on every login. On the cabinet, I have 2-3 options for each category, on the app I have 1 for each category, on the website I can't access clothes at all. Are there just no clothes yet for PGA Tour while there's 100s of options for GT 2022? That would be weak.

Also, how do you get globally ranked? I've played 3 live tournaments and 3 online 18 hole courses but am not globally ranked. I am already in silver bracket though... whatever that means.

#2875 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Your global ranking is done monthly and you have to play the 5 new courses for it to update. Your rank is based on your best scores this month of the 5 current courses.
If you go to the app and hit stats and then hit the world rankings button you will see your current scores and place. It doesn't use Norddalen though, it uses Champ 99 which is lame.
If you're on '22 you should be earning clothes as you play with the exp you get after each game. If you want to earn more clothes you have to buy the club pass.
Apparently they will be adding most of the clothes from the legacy machines to PGA but no ETA on when that's going to happen. Right now options are sparse.

Thanks. Where do you find all your info, btw? Is there a good GT forum or Facebook group or Youtube/Twitch channel(s)? I just joined a handful of GT Facebook groups so I guess I'll find out. GT on Youtube/Twitch seems pretty light. There's the official channel then it's pretty sparse from what I can find.

Quoted from jalpert:

I'll send out an invite tomorrow for anyone who can play it this weekend. Three others so far, but please only accept if you can play this weekend. If someone accepts and doesn't play the game stays open and doesn't end.

I have nothing going on this weekend, I'll definitely play.

#2888 1 year ago

Still not able to play the invite. Why do they do it this way? All invitees should have until the end of the tournament to accept and play, and if they don't then they don't count in the tournament, but everyone who accepted and played should count. Weird.

#2907 1 year ago

Oof, I had a rough time, and my misleading -5 handicap made it worse. I earned that handicap playing the PGA modeled courses when the GT specific ones are much trickier with water everywhere. I have an elite talent for bouncing off the green and landing in the water. 6 times this round, I think. That's 12 strokes right there. My approach and wedge game is awful, just haven't found the touch yet. But I have had the game for less than a week. I wish on the home units you could just do a driving range or pitch and putt practice.

But despite yelling and screaming every time my ball hit the green and bounced 20 feet sideways into the water, I had fun! Definitely in for more.

#2922 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Advice for approach shots is to pay attention to the shot meter at the bottom after each shot. You want to get a feel for the MPH you will be hitting every time. 100 MPH will get you close to the distance of the club but whether it lands and rolls there or gets there in the air depends on the type of club you're using.
Woods will come in with more loft and land closer to the distance marker and irons will land earlier and roll to the marker. So if you're approaching with an iron and don't want to end up short you need to give it a bit more power, or some roll/release.
Wedges obviously are all loft so they will land right at the marker with no wind.
Also be aware the 9 wood is broken, it shoots 10-20% longer than its distance marker says so you can end up past the green really easily if you don't realize that.

Good tips, thanks. Does backswing matter at all with irons and wedges? I just assumed it was the same as woods and didn't matter other than if you want to apply a hook or a slice, and so I've been going full backswing for all my approaches.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Good to know, thanks for the feedback, that would get annoying after awhile...I will stick with the pedestal.

Keep in mind the PGA Tour pedestal also has blue lights, but under the control panel facing downward. Not too bright, nor in your eyes.

Speaking of PGA Tour, apparently in GT pedestals you can hold the Help button and get an aerial view of the hole. Not a fly-by, but a fixed aerial view. PGA Tour doesn't have a Help button. Is this view still available? I know I can press Turn Left during a shot to get an overhead camera of the shot in motion, but that doesn't seem to be the same thing.

#2924 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It is. I've done it several times.... I've never had to try twice because of muscle memory, but I'll damned if I can remember which button did it.
It's there though.

Haha! If you don't mind making a note of how to do it next time you're at your PGA, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I was just browsing the Livewire site, would creating a Pinside group help us all connect and set up invites? I'll leave that up to you since you're far more experienced in this than I am. It says this in the Groups tab:

You are in no Groups!
- If you already have friends just click the "Create Group" button to create a new group.
- The groups can be used for tracking invitationals play.
- You can specify a friend to be a co-owner to help you manage it, if you wish.
- You can specify whether any group member can start an invitational using your group.

#2926 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Back swing matters always, even for putts to an extent. If you do a partial backswing you limit the distance and height of your shot, you'll also get less spin.

Ah! No wonder why most of my approaches are bouncing and spinning like mad on the green and I could put half a dozen balls in the drink in 18 holes despite using bite or backspin. Was trying to do it with full backswings but lighter forward swings. Oops. Newbie learning curve.

Congrats on your -28. That's sick.

#2936 1 year ago

It's Jim Nantz and Peter... something. They do a lot of the golf on TV, which I usually don't watch unless I have a hangover.

edit: oops, beaten to it above.

#2942 1 year ago

I'm (VALIS) in for the next invite, and my wife (CLOUDYCAKES) would like to play as well.

#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't have a pending friend request from her. I was able to find her and send her one, I'll try and wait a couple hours before I send the invite. Hopefully she can accept quickly.

She said she just accepted your friend request.

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Unfortunately I had to nix cloudycakes. Since we all have different skill levels we are using handicaps, and it said she didn't have one. Has she ever played online or is she using a new account?

She's played online once. I think it takes two games to create a handicap? I can see if she has time to play tonight if it takes two games, or she'll just sit this out and be in the next tournament.

#2964 1 year ago

Just to note since you've all played it already, I'll play my invite in a little bit. Busy weekend, and getting a dual flu/covid vax dragged me down for half the day yesterday.

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Going to send them both at the same time Thursday morning

Cool. Please invite my wife (CLOUDYCAKES) to the Pinside group so she can get the invites, she has a handicap now and is looking forward to playing. Thanks.

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Invites sent.
Less people this time, I hope it's the time of year not that I missed some people. Because we need everyone to accept, I'm only including people who specifically say they cay play that week.

I (and my wife, thanks for inviting her) were just about to accept both, but I forget the reasoning behind two tourneys. Is that if you want to play in two this weekend, or was there a reason to accept one and not the other? I see you're just in one of the two, the one named Pinside 3.1.

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Also set up and capable of running Silver Strike Bowling, Power Putt minigolf, and Target Toss (which is Bags and Lawn Darts.)

GLWS. I've been meaning to ask the group here if/how I can do this to my PGA Tour. I've been considering getting a dedicated Arcade Collection pedestal (Silver Strike etc.), but it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to lug another pedestal up three flights.

#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i am really bad at putting.
So now that Im online. How do I customize my golfer?

PGA Tour has very limited customization options right now on the cabinet or in the app, it's kinda bullshit, but supposedly more is coming. You earn XP on every hole played depending on how well you did, and at certain tiers it unlocks more clothes or balls. You can pay 10 bucks for the season pass to unlock more stuff as you gain XP, as if we didn't already spend enough on this. :p

Did you make an account on the PGA Tour app or the https://livewire.itsgames.com/ site? You definitely need that.

Putting you'll get the hang of. For me I really need to watch my follow through instead of the screen or else I'll roll off my intended aim. The approach/wedge game, though, whew. Benny Hill music starts to play once I select a wedge.

#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

If the new edition is anything like the original, 130-140 is very achievable once you break your trackball in.

Is it supposed to make a lot of noise when spinning? I was watching a streamer last night (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1678821361) and his room is miked yet his trackball seems to make zero noise. Mine sounds like a dying pushmower.

#3041 1 year ago

The Japanese themed course from the second invite had a very easy front 9 and a bruuuutal back 9. Every green heavily sloped and surrounded by water. Which my ball of course found its way in 4-5 times including three times on one hole. One of the prettiest courses I've seen so far though.

1 week later
#3088 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Thanks everyone for accepting so quickly!

There was a 9 player tourney that was cancelled because it seemed like one guy declined, and I don't see anything else?

2 weeks later
#3119 1 year ago

Online subscriptions going up. I believe it was previously $9.99/$100? Not sure since my PGA came with one year free.

Home owners,

As of January 12, 2023, Golden Tee Home Edition online subscription pricing has changed. The new cost for the subscriptions are $12.99/month or $125/year.

This change applies to new orders and customers that have to update their payment information due to an expiring credit card.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the team at https://home.itsgames.com/company/contact/new!

Thank you,
Kelsey Marlega
Consumer Sales Manager
Incredible Technologies

#3124 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Even at $125/year- still cheaper than playing at the bars.
Almost everything has seen an increace recently, another $25 isn't going to stop me.
Averaging out over the 1000+/- games I am playing per year- 0.12/game is very reasonable.

I agree. That said, I think they need to start doing a lot more for home units, like bring all the commercial modes (like Closest to the Pin) to them, make tournaments a lot more easy to join/create/cancel/etc., and I want a practice mode where you can choose the location (tee, fairway, sand, etc.), club, distance to hole, wind, and so on. I'd really like to try out different techniques and ideas outside of a handicapped game.

1 week later
#3148 1 year ago

Wife and I just went to play our second tournament game of this weekend's Pinside tourneys, today's patch applied, finally after 15-20 minutes the game booted to the attract screen but no online. Went to the Settings menu (the button underneath the control panel) and saw that it is connected to my network. Then tried Force Connect to ITNET. After a few minutes it connected, then it advanced to a screen called Syncing Adjustables, and now has been stuck/circling there for 30 minutes. Don't want to turn the machine off right now because it sounds like one of those processes where it's writing stuff, but not sure what to do if it stays stuck for an hour or more.

Any ideas? Often rebooting anything computer related a second time after an update/patch will fix issues, but not sure I should shut down on this particular screen or just wait it out.

#3151 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I've turned it off and on again in this exact situation. Whenever I call home to ITnet I tend to get stuck and I've had that same "Syncing Adjustables" screen sit there for what felt like forever. I just turned it off and booted it up again.

Thanks, I was in the process of doing that when you responded, it rebooted fine, still no online. Rebooted again, still no online. So either my machine got deactivated somehow during the patch application or they messed up at the start and gave me 2 months free online when it should have been 12 months. But I don't even see anywhere on the app or the website when I can check if my subscription is active or not.

#3155 1 year ago

Called their tech support today (Keith) and apparently this is happening to mine and one other PGA so far -- the patch installed on my end but the machine is saying to IT's end that it isn't installed, which then bars the machine from going online. His idea so far is to just leave the machine on all day today and tonight to see if it finally connects properly. And then what after that, he's not sure yet because he doesn't know why this is happening. Seems like in the future they need to have some kind of rollback/reinstall utility on these if it doesn't already in a hidden location.

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Restart your home's internet router once before taking many more steps.

I'll give that a try.

Quoted from rrocker:

Re-entering my wifi pswd helped with a similar issue back when we were getting one of the new courses added

Basically did that last night when I switched the wifi the cabinet connects to from 5G to the regular band to see if that would help.

#3156 1 year ago

accidental double post, please delete

1 month later
#3225 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thanks guy....I let the game sit for a will and it connected online.....can some explain how the spin button works...on my game when I an hitting to a green I tried to tap it but am that happens it shows a reverse camera view....

That is odd, I wonder if that button is wired incorrectly. Tapping Spin should take you through the four types of spin -- bite, roll, backspin, and release.

But you say "when hitting to a green," do you mean while the ball is in flight? I know tapping Fly-By gives you different views while the ball is in the air, and holding it locks that one in for future holes. Not sure what Spin does when you're in flight.

#3230 1 year ago

Ayyy, got my first hole in one!

2 months later
#3345 10 months ago

nm, all good

1 month later
#3386 8 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Update pre-order is live today. Only $299 for legacy machines which is nice.
https://store.itsgames.com/cabinet_update

And $500 for the PGA Tours. Yikes. The extra $200 just for 2 PGA courses, I think is the only difference between the two updates?

1 month later
#3439 7 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, anybody on the list that isn't upgrading? I'm pretty sure you need to be current to play invites.

I'm holding off for now, have a bunch of pinball deals in progress and free time/money is in short supply. I'll probably update sometime in October, I'll let you know when. (take Claudia aka "Cloudycakes" off the list for now too)

When we start back up I'd vote for going down to one invite per week. It's tough to find time for one, and quite rare when we've been able to do two. But if everyone else wants to keep doing 2x that's cool, we'll still be in.

3 months later
#3571 3 months ago

I think the GT system stopped sending emails for pending tourney invites after the fall update? That's how I used to know when to check the app to accept invites but I haven't gotten an email in months.

Maybe we can shoot for bigger, once a month tourneys. Give everyone a lot of time to know about it and accept. Their system sucks though, tournaments should still be able to go on even if everyone doesn't accept. People get emergencies, injuries, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=VALIS666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.