Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timfenske11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Looks like the update is on sale for 25% off. Does this happen often?

It does when they want you to believe they are going to keep providing support. With the PGA tour coming out the original will be obsolete in a few years.

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Providing updates “is” supporting it. If you already own a game and they provide you with updates, what more is there. Also how does discounting the price of the current update make me “believe they are going to keep providing support” for the platform......I guess I don’t follow the logic. I will buy the updates as long as they continue to provide them, especially since I already own the game. For those that do not, then I suppose it’s irrelevant if it’s being supported or not, and it still the exact game you bought.
Any brand of any game eventually will move to a new platform or become obsolete, not any different than Golden Tee complete, or Big Buck World. People are still playing those.
We are all aware a new one is coming, but I don’t see our current becoming obsolete anytime soon, there will still be a ton of us with them paying exactly as we have, and I don’t see IT refusing our $100 live subscriptions. While we may not have new courses coming out, we will be playing these for many more years even after the last update.

Obselete was probably the wrong word to use. It will still be useable for years to come in its current format and hopefully the servers will continue to run. As a complete owner that eventually abandoned golden tee completely because I was not able to find a replacement video card (again). I looked at buying a 2020 home edition to replace it. Now I am definitely wondering if I dodged a bullet and am better off waiting for a PGA tour home unit. Obviously it's the new platform and will have much more support moving forward and in theory will be the start of a 20 year run or so. Honestly the hope would be that the software is built the same and all users will be able to convert to the new format. Having all old courses and the PGA courses. If not as time goes on they will want everyone on the new platform/network/servers and have les and less support for the old system. I do think they are offering a discount in good faith as a PR move but that's a win for all players. If I offended anyone with my wording it was not my intention.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timfenske11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=Timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.