17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TZBen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 6 years ago

my interest is growing for this game. I love pinball and am a big golfer (in real life). When I watch people play on youtube putting seems super easy, almost a gimme shot. Is that the case? seems like they take no time lining up a put and sinking it.

10 months later
#432 6 years ago

How long does it typically take to play 18?

5 months later
#678 5 years ago

HI guys,

I've never played golden tee before but I love golf sooo...
I'm looking at a used unit that is a 2018 with the attached 32inch lcd.

I see it's not live but includes power putt and bowling are these worth it vs. the pedestal versions?

thanks

1 week later
#689 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

HI guys,
I've never played golden tee before but I love golf sooo...
I'm looking at a used unit that is a 2018 with the attached 32inch lcd.
I see it's not live but includes power putt and bowling are these worth it vs. the pedestal versions?
thanks

anyone?

77 (resized).jpg77 (resized).jpg
#692 5 years ago

price is $1,800

6 months later
#879 5 years ago

do you guys play by yourself at home or is this a drinking with friends game?

10 months later
#1215 4 years ago

I'm interested in a used golden tee. I'm looking at one that is a pedestal 2013 Home edition unit. Should i avoid this for a newer model? I guess it would be about $700 to upgrade the version to current. It costs about 2K is that worth it? Is that the market rate?

1 week later
#1228 4 years ago

can you go online for golden tee home edition with a nighthawk 3 in 1 system?

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

There are a couple people out in California who sell all three games in one cab. Seen them on Craigslist. Might be what he is referring to.

this. looks like it would be fine for off-line play. I guess I'd have to pay accordingly. However, it appears that online golden tee is where the fun's at.

9 months later
#1757 3 years ago

How do I know what year the machine is? Vs just running a newer software version?

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

How difficult is it to clean? Had mine for a few years and haven’t cleaned it. Mainly because it is still spinning fine so why mess with it lol!

I have cleaning questions. When I go after it on my game my drive is going pretty far (300+) but i'm topping out RPM wise in the low 120's. Do I need to do a cleaning? how do you know?

#1781 3 years ago

I cleaned the track ball and trimmed the copper tape but I’m still only getting low 120mph on a hard spin. The YouTube pros seem to get much higher with less effort. Secret? I didn’t use any lubricant, should I just be content? The game is a lot of fun

2 weeks later
#1801 3 years ago

I purchased a home live 2019 two weeks ago. I’m so addicted to it now. I shoot about -2 online and need to improve my short chips and putting. I can see myself playing this thing for years to come
Thanks everyone for recommending this wonderful game

1 month later
#1926 3 years ago

Looks like the update is on sale for 25% off. Does this happen often?

8 months later
#2119 2 years ago

Track ball dial-in tips needed.
I can’t seem to get my track ball revs past mid 120’s. I see the online vids of guys ripping 150+. Their ball seems to be more glidy then mine. I’ve trimmed the metal foil tape and played around adjusting screw tightness. Should I get a new ball assembly? Mine isn’t old and is huo.

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

The tape is usually the biggest issue. How many games have you put on the trackball? Most people say it takes around 200 to start to break in the bearings but you still should be able to hit 144mph even on a new trackball, it just takes more effort.
Did the rollers look clean and undamaged? Are the optical discs spinning freely without rubbing on the encoder?
if you've opened it up and everything looks ok and the housing isn't too tight like you mentioned it's got to be the bearings. Either clean them and regrease them or if they're new and not broken in you can spin them with a power drill or with compressed air to try and break them in a bit. Or just buy all new bearings. You really shouldn't have to replace the whole thing, it's either the rollers, the bearings or the ball basically and you can replace any of those individually.

I purchased my home edition 2019 from a seller who had less than 100 games on it. I still put new bearing on it and trimmed the tape about a year ago. I'll poke at it again tonight.

#2124 2 years ago

should I lube the bearings?

#2129 2 years ago

Is this cheating?

FAB2A3BC-0A2D-4D61-996A-1C1C72FFF699 (resized).jpegFAB2A3BC-0A2D-4D61-996A-1C1C72FFF699 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2233 2 years ago

I've been playing golden tee Home edition for a year. I'm really liking it still. I play it way more than my pins currently. I updated to 21 and have been working on my skills. A good game is about -9 to -14 for me. my putting still needs work, I've messed around with using thumbs but it seems hit and miss (haha). Anyway just wanted to say what a great value this is compared to pinball.

7 months later
#2548 1 year ago

how's 2022? I'm still on 2021 and waiting to see how this new version ages

1 month later
#2607 1 year ago

I'm waiting for the LIV golf super duper edition

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TZBen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=TZBen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.