IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9551 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#650 5 years ago

I've been looking to join this club for some time now. After talking to Nick yesterday I'm getting ready to pull the trigger. I do have an opportunity to buy a buddies 2017 GT that he used on location for about 6 months. My question is could I use this machine "live" in my home? I'd also like to upgrade to the latest and greatest games (not sure of the cost). I have zero interest in competing for prizes or in tournaments. All I really want to do is play buddies on-line.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

There are two versions of "Live" for Golden Tee. One is the actual "Live" version that you see in bars and can play in national tournaments for prizes and stuff. The home version of "Live", which is about $100 a year (plus $0.50 per game), lets you keep track of your scores and compete in tournaments with your buddies online. You can still bring home a commercial Live machine and play it, you just can't play online. I got a 2016 commercial Live unit a few months ago, played it for a few months (offline) then upgraded to Home 2018 which cost me about $400 (plus online fees, etc. etc.).

Thanks for the information. So to be clear it costs $.50 a game to play your buddy on-line (after the $100 annual fee)? what exactly do I need to do to upgrade it to home use? Is it just a software upgrade to do I need a hardware upgrade as well?

I appreciate the information.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Yeah, $.50 a game to play for "glory" (no money wagered) after you have the $100/yr online subscription. You can also wager up to $50 per player in the Home Edition I think. For my upgrade, I contacted IT Games directly, gave them my game ID#, credit card info, then they sent me a flash drive and new security chip. Before I upgraded, I cloned the HD that it came with to a SSD, then I replaced the security chip (not hard), plugged in the flash drive, and the game pulled the info from the flash drive and updated itself to 2018. You'll also need a wired LAN connection to get online, but if you don't have a wired LAN connection available nearby, you can use something like the item in the link below to convert your wifi signal to LAN.
amazon.com link »

Thanks...appreciate the help

1 week later
#675 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I’m just loving this GT! My son loves playing it too and that makes it an even better purchase for my gameroom.
I have a lot to learn though!
I’m bummed that it costs money to play against other people. I could understand if I was playing a commercial game somewhere at a bar. But if 2 people with home editions wanna play against each other it should be FREE!
Junky

I agree....it blows....especially if you pay the $100 annual fee

1 week later
#682 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Exactly
I understand paying $0.50 juice to IT for wager rounds.
I understand paying $100 yr for online.
I understand paying $400 yr for the updates.
GT is great. It gets better & better every year. It’s replay value increases the better you become. It’s replay value increases every year with each update of courses/features too. IT does a great job of creating great fun, communicating with customers & I truly appreciate what they do.
But $0.50 for per game for a $0 wager round on a Home Edition game is some fuckery.

couldn't agree more...if you pay the online fee of $100 a year they should give u free access to playing non wager head to head matches with your buddies for free (trust me I get theres a cost, but $.50 is crazy)....and its not the money its the principal...its a big money grab, which is BS

6 months later
#860 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I called up IT Technogies today to ask about the cost to convert a commerical unit that's a few years old to home use. Its $100 for the chip or $500 for the chip with latest software. I also asked about any hardware differences over the years. The guy I talked to said that they have been on the same platform and hardware since 2006! That's 13 years which seems like an incredibly long time. I wonder if the entire platform will be upgraded within the next 1-3 years?

I heard the same thing....I also just picked up a 2017 GT commercial unit. I'm still deciding if it makes sense to covert to home use. The problem is (per IT) is once you convert to home edition u can't convert it back to commercial....seems completely illogical to me

#862 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Can you actually use it as a commercial unit in your home, i.e., can you play the daily contest and money shot?
Did I hear their will be a daily contest and money shot game for the HE? That would be cool.

I haven't tried, but I'm sure you could....I haven't connected mine to the internet yet..

1 year later
#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

They want all the operators to have the latest version and be online.
If they up the graphics quality, it makes operators deal with hardware upgrades which is time consuming, expensive and generally unknown.
Making the machines easy to upgrade is good for sales and compatibility on older hardware, but it keeps the game frozen in time for the last what? 15 years?

I love the concept of GT, and I owned a 2018 game for a year or so....I will say their graphics suck....its shocking to me that they've put zero effort into updating their antiquated platform.

3 years later
#3622 21 days ago

Can anyone please recommend a good distributor to buy a Golden Tee PGA or am I just better off ordering direct? I'd prefer to give the business to the distributor, but not opposed. I'm looking to add one to the game room.

#3632 21 days ago

Thanks for all the suggestions .... I'm ready to buy, but it sounds like it might be best to wait a few months so I can get the free upgrade?

1 week later
#3682 13 days ago
Quoted from Jcontro304:

2 questions:
(1) has anyone who has the pedestal version tried using a wireless hdmi transmitter and receiver instead of running the hdmi cable to the tv? Curious if it works well or if it has a lot of lag and hinders game play?
(2) i have seen some pedestals for sale that have a magic switcher so it can run GT, power putt and silver strike. is this sold as a kit / how hard of an upgrade is it and is the gameplay authentic on the games?

Did u ever get a response to these questions? I'm curious as well. I'm also wondering the quality of the after market pedestal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.