IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9551 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2751 1 year ago

Hey gents,

I have zero experience with golden tee but I'm thinking of getting one for my bar/sim area. Likely wont get played a ton but that's okay.

Locally, there's 2 options both in very similar conditions.

Option 1: 2020 Commercial Unit with Stand
Option 2: 2021 Home Edition

Commercial one is approximately $300usd more

Both include tv's that I would replace. I'm not sure if I need the stand or not. I like it for the wire management but still not sure.

Is there a clear winner? Does one have more coureses? For the casual environment, I'm not super concerned about having the 2022 added courses. Im also aware of Live but I'm not sure if it's something I have to get with the commercial unit.

Thoughts? And thank you for you help.

IMG_4284 (resized).JPGIMG_4284 (resized).JPGScreen Shot 2022-11-11 at 5.01.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-11 at 5.01.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-11 at 5.01.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-11 at 5.01.47 PM (resized).png

#2754 1 year ago

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

If you want to get online you have to convert the commercial to a home version which costs some money, so consider that.
What KingPinGames said is true about the hardware but if they are new enough to be on 2020 then they will have hardware that is capable of playing the newer stuff, although the graphics card or CPU could be outdated a bit. Ask them both to show you a pic of the hardware menu and check if either has outdated hardware compared to the other.
2021 only has 7 more courses than 2020 so that shouldn't be a deal breaker either way, although I think the '21 courses are some of the best out there.

The commercial unit is the only one available. The other ones sold but I can get a deal on a new home version. Doesn’t sound like the commercial guy knows very much about them. How would he access the menu so I could see the hardware?

I would like to walk him through it, or go through it when I am there looking at it

#2784 1 year ago

Well my 2 deals didn't work out. The commercial unit was not the best condition and the seller for the 2021 Home edition ended up keep it.

I'm starting to lean towards the Golden Tee Go V2. Prefer version 1 but that thing is a ghost. Is the a golden tee forum where I may be able to snag a V1 Go?

Those who own the original and have played the Go version... thoughts?

I have not interest in playing online and it will simply be beers and golf occasionally. I have a vacation home and I would be able to bring this up for the summer or weekends with buddies etc.

Thanks again.

#2785 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I received my new Golden Tee Go base/stand today.
[quoted image]

Wheres that stand from? Very sharp!

#2788 1 year ago

Thanks, I may just buy a V2 and keep an eye out for a V1.

I have been talking to some of the base makers. Anyone know if the feet are in the same place?

#2810 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I don’t think you’re going to be able to do it!
I slid it down one step at a time gently and it was absolutely brutal.
Find a couple guys and pay them to help you. Especially going up steps

I got tired of asking my friends and my friends got tired of me asking. I use TaskRabbit and hire a mover to come help. I got one guys cell and text him outside of task rabbit now. He and his partner moved 4 pins for me last week 3 up, 1 down and it was $120.

I'm sure you have plenty of apps like task rabbit in your area.

1 week later
#2880 1 year ago

Any Canadians play online through a US ip address?

1 week later
#2998 1 year ago

Well, joined the club with a GO version. Only played GT a handful+ times in my life but I enjoy it. Was looking at a home version but the portability was a big plus for me. Picked up a custom stand and played my first game tonight. We all loved it.

Hoping to register in the US so I can join you folks in your weekly tournaments. I have plans to backlit the tv tomorrow but a lot marquis would be nice too.

8B410292-F867-45E3-954A-70FDE8AFFBC2 (resized).jpeg8B410292-F867-45E3-954A-70FDE8AFFBC2 (resized).jpegCE3DF56C-2B41-444B-BDD1-32D8F62A7B4C (resized).jpegCE3DF56C-2B41-444B-BDD1-32D8F62A7B4C (resized).jpeg
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Looks great. Can the GO play in events/tournaments? If so that's pretty awesome... and do I see a real golf simulator in the background? Very cool setup!

Yeah it's a gold sim. Lots of golf going on around here. haha

Quoted from jalpert:

You can if you get a home edition security chip, hard drive, and most likely you need a CID.

good to know. I didn't know if I could or not.

#3037 1 year ago

Another question for the Canadians out there. Has anyone registered in the US and loaded funds into their account?

Registration part was easy but adding funds with a US address seems to be a bit of a challenge. I see an option to buy a gift card and I thought that might be a work around but I need a Visa with a US address.

Thanks, I'm ready for an invite to a tournament if you run another.

PinPickle is the GT handle.

1 month later
#3138 1 year ago

Golden Tee Marquee

I figured some of you pinheads are wiring guru's.

Is there any way to connect a lighted marquee to the tv directly? Anyone have a wiring hack that I can plug it in a wall or convert to USB and plug it into the TV?

I have a golden tee go and it won't accept the plug.

Thanks in advance, here's the connection...

IMG_2473 (resized).JPGIMG_2473 (resized).JPG
#3141 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'm pretty certain these run on 12v. What I would do is buy a power adapter like this and wire them together. I've done this to run PC fans and things like that from the wall.
USB is only 5V so I don't think you'd be able to wire it that way.
amazon.com link »

Thanks, I will give it a shot.

2 weeks later
#3165 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'm pretty certain these run on 12v. What I would do is buy a power adapter like this and wire them together. I've done this to run PC fans and things like that from the wall.
USB is only 5V so I don't think you'd be able to wire it that way.
amazon.com link »

UPDATE: We have light.

Thanks for the recommendation. Couldn't have been easier.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=PinPickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.