Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1226 4 years ago

Hey guys,
We recently started tossing around the idea of adding GT to our little home arcade. Pinball, air hockey, bubble hockey, and a multicade are great but seems like GT would appeal to a broader group of guys than the others. Was originally looking for a used all-in-one unit then I see the newer design is a console separate from the screen. I haven't found any deals on used GT's in the new style that would justify going that route over a brand new one with a warranty shipped to my door so that's probably what we'll do unless something pops up.
My questions are:
- What kind of footprint do I need available to make a comfortable setup? I like the look of the tv stand but I'm not against hanging a tv on the wall and saving some money (and maybe some space?)
- What kind of speaker package do these come with or do they just run the sound through the TV that's hooked up to it?
- Do you owners find that this is fun for people who wouldnt normally be interested in pins?
I dont play or follow golf at all but this seems like something very different. I don't play hockey either but Super Chexx is fun for almost everyone.
- Are there ever any discounts/promo's run on these?

I havent played GT in almost a decade but I already know they're fun and will be a good add to the mix. We're going to be finishing a second arcade room over the summer so if this ends up needing too much space we may have to wait on it until that's done ...but I kinda hope not.
Looking forward to joining the group!
Michael

1 month later
#1258 4 years ago

Curious how you can tell what edition you're running (2017, 2018, etc)? Looking at a used GT that is the newer podium style but the seller doesnt seem to know much about it. He thinks it was updated to 2019 software. I don't want to make the trip to see it without knowing what it's running. Maybe it shows on boot-up? Should it have the keypad attached to it for online play? Also, any problems with buying a retail unit for home use? I think I read that it'll never be able to go back to retail use but any other issues?
Thanks!

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Nearly every version of GT has the year in the title banner when the game is booted. And it's on the game info screen right before the game boots too.

Ok thanks, if he didnt know the version then he apparently hadn't turned it on. Seller had 2 low res pics and was being coy about the details on it so I passed. Still on the hunt...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MLmotorsport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=MLmotorsport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.