Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brtlkat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#832 5 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

If you open up a newer Golden Tee, it's basically a bare bones PC, as opposed to the old school Golden Tees that used a PCB or PCB/Hard Drive combo. Pretty much everything is stored on the hard drive; i.e. courses, scores, etc.
I don't know if IT has documented it anywhere, I just googled it and found a forum post somewhere that walked me through it. I think the program was called Partition Magic or Partition Wizard or something. It's pretty straightforward; pick the source drive (the one being cloned), pick the target drive (the one you want to clone to), and let 'er rip. Takes a couple hours depending on your PC, but it makes a perfect, bootable backup of the original HD.

Hdd raw copy is great hdd clone tool. gt hdd size is 80 gb

10 months later
#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Correct , those use older nighthawk CPU’s.
When buying GT, just buy direct from IT. You can’t go wrong. A great value, as you will probably get your money’s worth. Can always sell them 2nd hand for about 2-2500 if you get bored of them.

This is wrong, The newer versions of GT will not run correctly on older version of GT. You may see the same case for the system but the hardware inside is different, mobo, video card etc...

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah that's a good point and one I've been thinking about as well. GoldenTee 4K or something. I'm sure there will be a hardware upgrade path for existing owners but I wouldn't be surprised if the cost is in the $1k - $1500 range. Then again, GoldenTee was due for a hardware / platform upgrade 5 years ago and here we are. I thought GoldenTee 2020 would have the year to introduce a new platform but nope. Things could go the way they have been for another 5 years.

There has been many hardware changes through out the years with GT live with the mobo, video card etc,, From the very beginning of GT live so this will be nothing different. You are seeing the same cases with multiple upgrades in hardware. So if you upgrade through IT it probably will be that much to upgrade, But if you go outside the box and source the parts out its a fraction of that cost to upgrade.

2 months later
#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Real close now, almost fully into this club.
I made the 2 hour round trip to my distributor, then went to work on other stuff I do for a living, then started working on this, and I hate assembly of anything, and the tv stand had a lot of assembly, so I had too much beer, but in the end the game worked and awesome damn graphics, and I went ahead and changed default 2 to a 3 difficulty, and set the game delay time to off, and whatever else I changed, after too much beer.
I have not even tried to play it yet, spent all my energy setting it up. Set up is a pain in the ass compared to a pin. Instructions were not clear so I am not sure if all cables are right or not, or if it even matters. I have no clue if I put the cables in the right place or not, instructions were very vague, and even the other diagram D or whatever did not help.
I am thinking, why in the hell wasn't some of these cables just hooked up in the first place, or at least color coded.
And I hate any kind of assembly, in the first place. I hope I have everything right.
I think/hope, with all I got done, when the game is turned on in maybe 16 hours from now, everything will work awesome and just be worth all the stress I had with all the bs.
I know this game will rock when dialed in, I think/hope I did all that right.
And yeah, I can look it up, but I would like to know what the Fly-By button does? The multicade I had been playing this on did not have that. Is it like you can choose to have a airplane to fly over and give you more video?
Thanks in advance for any tips.

Sounds like a bad dist., This all should have been ready to plug and play. The monitor does take a little work if you went with the stand from factory. I just mount a tv to the wall 58" much better then the smaller tv. You have any pics of it when you started with the machine? Yes fly-by is just that, Like an airplane flying over or if you hold the fly-by button down you get an overview.

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

From the release of 2020 to now, what courses were added? All the courses for the year are already done?

It is usually 5 courses added for the year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brtlkat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=Brtlkat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.