Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9550 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

343 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Anony. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2101 2 years ago

Yeah convert to a HE. IT will shut you down if they find out you're playing a commercial at home or vice versa.

The 2022 update has been slated for Q1-Q2 2022 so I say don't wait, just get the conversion to 2021 HE and get playing.

P.s I'm in Canada and have been looking for an empty showpiece cabinet for a while. I have a cut down and would like a nicer cabinet. If anyone has one let me know.

#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

ok, maybe I'll upgrade soon.
for the record, switching back to coin play did NOT allow me to access buying tees at all. I am 3 and 4 against john daly so far. It's hard to beat him when he drops 3 aces and a double eagle in the same round though.

You're signing in with your account right? Try buying tees on the app and see if you can use them once they're in your account already.

#2106 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

You won't be disappointed.
Tropical Falls and Forest Knoll are both super great courses. The other 5 are great, too...But I'm really impressed with those two in particular.

Forest Knoll can go to hell!!! haha, good course but it's so frustrating how the last two holes are so difficult, I really despise those tiny tiered greens that are almost impossible to stick.

I like Mount Zeabalos from the new ones. the drive-able par 5 at 18 is fun.

#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

No
I have a gt card that i put into a machine when I play in public. I must have hundreds of tees I bought on there.
When i had gt2019 set for freeplay, tees were automatic. It wasn't a commercial unit I don’t think though.
Being able to hit the ball from a high tee changes everything on some holes. Some courses that I may normally shoot 27-30 under on, cannot be scored as well without tees.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you have to be signed in to use tees on a CE. A HE allows you tees for free so that's why you probably were able to on the other machine.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE!
I thought I was doing ok with a 12 under sometimes.

If you have a HE play the challenge ladder against the computer. I learned a lot by playing them and managed to get up to John Daily. you have to score about -25 to beat Young John Daily but you can copy all of the shots the computer does so I tend to play better when I play against CPU.

#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Still learning the different tee strategies, on my HE I only get a certain amount of alternate tees available? I have found on certain courses that if you do not use high tee-you will fall short or not get the height needed to clear obstacles.
I need to get away from always using backspin, seems like that is all I use because I am used to it. Need to use more bite, etc.

Do you mean tee box locations when you say alternate tees? If you just mean being able to use a tee you should have unlimited on HE even if it's competition mode.

And yeah going high tee or low tee can be the difference between making the green in one or making it in two on a lot of holes. I think it's 14 on Forest Knoll where you dog leg left and go through an archway, you can actually shoot over that with a high tee and make the green in 1. Although I think they release alternate tee boxes during the year that were raised so some shots that you couldn't make before became makeable.

If you want to get good go look up the mouth on youtube and watch a few of his tutorials. Once you see how the pros shoot you might approach some holes totally differently.

#2114 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yea referring to number of alternate tee heights available during a round. I do need to watch some more tutorials on You-tube-I am nowhere near 20-30 under. I tend to choose to club up when approaching the green and have always overdriven with backspin as my technique. I have gotten too used to this technique-been using it for like twenty years(damn I am getting old).

That's not a bad technique really, I find it more consistent than being on a lower club and trying to slam the ball.

One thing I started doing after watching the big tournament they had a few months ago was the thumb shot. It's a pretty consistent way to hit the ball around 80 mph which gets you to like 70-80% of your club length. You club up and put bite or backspin on and then thumb it and you can really snipe the hole sometimes.

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Track ball dial-in tips needed.
I can’t seem to get my track ball revs past mid 120’s. I see the online vids of guys ripping 150+. Their ball seems to be more glidy then mine. I’ve trimmed the metal foil tape and played around adjusting screw tightness. Should I get a new ball assembly? Mine isn’t old and is huo.

The tape is usually the biggest issue. How many games have you put on the trackball? Most people say it takes around 200 to start to break in the bearings but you still should be able to hit 144mph even on a new trackball, it just takes more effort.

Did the rollers look clean and undamaged? Are the optical discs spinning freely without rubbing on the encoder?

if you've opened it up and everything looks ok and the housing isn't too tight like you mentioned it's got to be the bearings. Either clean them and regrease them or if they're new and not broken in you can spin them with a power drill or with compressed air to try and break them in a bit. Or just buy all new bearings. You really shouldn't have to replace the whole thing, it's either the rollers, the bearings or the ball basically and you can replace any of those individually.

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I have bought several new and refurb track balls along with a set of R4AZZ bearings trying to reach those speeds to no avail.
The ancient POS machine at the bar has a better spinning trac ball than i'm able to make. Told the OP if he ever swaps it out, i'd like it.
I think some of that speed is generated by the way theyre making contact with the ball. Too many peeps hit down on the ball vs hitting through it......

I'm pretty sure because the bar trackballs get so many plays and the bearings get really broken in. Same reason those pro guys have such free spinning trackballs, they have thousands of plays on them.

I've heard of people having success putting the bearing on a power drill and spinning it for a while.

#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

It's my opinion that HAPP trackballs suck compared to imperial trackballs for speed.
edit: on a side note, I am a little bit bent that I haven't heard from IT yet on an upgrade. I emailed them over a week ago.

IT service is complete shit until they actually respond to you and then they're good. I've sent them several emails that were just ignored.

Best thing you can do is call them, they are way better by phone.

Speaking of IT being slow has anyone been looking forwards to the new PGA version? It looks pretty nice and I swear we were starting to see real pictures of the cabinets and people were trying them out but then radio silence. I think they're almost a year delayed at this point?

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Is this cheating?
[quoted image]

Nah lots of guys use gloves. I think it's just a matter of preference, it doesn't really give an advantage unless you have sweaty palms or something.

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I was thinking about getting back into the Golden Tee game again after not playing one for 15 years or so. My question is that I dont have internet where I live, just the hot spot off my phone. Has anyone tried to run the online portion like this? Also what would be the better version to keep a look out for if I wasn't going with new.
Thanks
Rob

Yeah hotspot should work. You can get wifi adapters for these too.

Any version newer than 2006 will be on the newest engine. You probably want something that is around 2015 or newer and that would ensure you have new enough hardware to upgrade to 2021 if you ever want to.

1 week later
#2137 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I picked up a 2021 Home Edition. I never played it in bars or anything so I'm a noob. I'm working my way through the Real Time Rivals Ladder. How far should I be able to get with stock balls and club set? I'm thinking I don't want to add variables like new equipment too soon. I'm just getting used to the game.

You can shoot below -30 with the stock balls and clubs if you know what you're doing. They affect various aspects of your shot but with the exception of one it's mostly preference, not something that will be an outright benefit.

The exception is the stout ball. The stouts will cut the wind in half making those holes where you get high wind far more manageable.
There are two camps of thought on the stouts. one says they are cheating and the other says they want the biggest advantage possible so they use them. They're allowed in tournaments so I use them, I figure why not take the biggest advantage I can get. I've played like 50 games with them and haven't come close to my highest round so it's not like they make it too easy.

If you want to change clubs or balls it won't make a massive difference, the best thing you can probably do is grab the stock+ balls since they are the same as stock but have more distance.

#2139 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips! Is there an online forum like Pinside, but for GT?

There are two places I know of, discord and facebook.

Facebook has the Golden Tee Home edition owners page as well as the Golden Tee fan page. Discord you can use this link https://discord.gg/e2vpzAZz

If you want to see how the best people play you can watch some of the streamers on facebook or check out the Mouth on youtube. he does tutorials and you can see how he plays different types of shots. If you've never played in the bars before you'll probably see the pros shooting in ways you will never think of, like with no backswing. Stuff like that is good for certain situations.

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

so I just got my 2021 kit in the mail today. I'm pretty pumped and kind of want to jump right in, but a couple of things are making me pause for a moment.
It says that if I am going from a commercial unit to a home online unit to call IT first. (I think I kind of did that already by ordering the kit?, and they set me up with the proper chips/hard drive)
Secondly it said something about internet access. I will definitely be using wifi. The machine currently seems to connect using my wifi every time I turn it on. So do I need an additional dongle, or can I assume it's already in there?

You have to get them to change the machine over from the commercial one in their system to the HO one so you should call to make sure that is all done. If you think it's connecting it probably has the wifi dongle in it already. If not you'll need to run an ethernet cable to it.

I'm pretty sure the whole install is done through the USB key but it's possible the machine needs to phone home to confirm it's an HE now. It's been a little while since I did mine so I can't remmeber if I had to be online to do it.

#2145 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

It is 2020 being updated to 2021.
it is definitely an older machine. 20XX converted to a pedestal.
It connects every time I turn it on and says
IT NET CONNECTION
BAD STANDING
meaning the old operator quit paying the bill or something.
I have an email in to the gal that was helping me asking the questions I asked here. I didn't attempt the upgrade yet.

Did you ever put in your wifi credentials? If not it might be referring to the cell service being in bad standing, a lot of these machines have a cell connection with a SIM card, not wifi.

Beware IT can be pretty bad at returning emails. It can take them 48 hours to turn on a subscription by email but if you call them it can be done right on the spot.
I'd call in if you're itching to play.

#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

If you want shit done quickly and correctly, call Walt in tech support. I.T.'s main number is 800-262-0323 and Walt's extension is 284.
He's my go-to guy for tech answers. Tell him Brad Lutz sent you and that I say hi. And that I think he's the best guy there.

Brad knows his stuff. One of the most knowledgeable people on the GT facebook pages. Take his advice!

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have a golden tee PGA on order but it apparantly wont come until mid 22. Is there a big difference between this years version and next?

It's a new engine for the first time in like 15 years, so yeah it's a big difference!

It has PGA branding and official PGA courses. It's 4k, has a brand new cabinet with a touch screen in it for signing in, new everything basically since it's a new engine. It's pretty sweet looking.

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

You should probably get on the Home Edition Facebook group. There's a few folks there who would probably be willing to give you a call and walk you through some issues.
Also, to those considering waiting for PGA HE...I'd be SHOCKED if we see it within a year. With supply chain issues and delays, I'm going 18-24 months.

I wonder if the delays will affect their decision to support the current HE for 5 more years. Maybe we'll get an extra year out of it lol

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Well 5 hours later and its still downloading, hahahaha. Its making progress though.

Damn lol. Your'e still on the cell connection though right? I guess that's understandable

#2191 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Does anyone have a golden tee for sale?

If you don't mind using facebook this is your fastest avenue to finding a machine. Lots of guys who appear to make their living dealing in these machines on that page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693886884125319/

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

How can I add funds to my WALLET from home?

App or website. Don't think you can do it on the machine

#2201 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I downloaded a GT app , not sure its correct.
I would be open to advice concerning:
Correct app to download
Once in, what is the golf ball of choice?
Clubs of choice?
Any advice anyone cares to share, for competitive play.

I made a post earlier in the thread explaining some of this, can't find it at the moment but it's there. Clubs are a preference thing mostly. If you like more spin, distance or cut pick the ones that fit that.

Balls are the same except for the stout. If you pick the stout it cuts the wind in half. Some think it's cheap, many high level players use it because why not take every advantage you can get?

1 week later
#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

For Golden T folks here in metro Atlanta, Winston's on Sandy Plains Rd. will have a PGA going in tomorrow of Friday. The operator putting it out is one of 10,on the I.T. advisory committee, so he got one early. My understanding is that the supply chain issues will delay mass production until spring of 2022, so besides test units in the greater Chicago area, this will be 1 of 10 out on the streets until next spring.

Nice, go play and tell us how it is!! They keep referencing 2022 spring update in the video, hopefully that means the non PGA version gets an update in spring too

Quoted from mcuzz:

post some pics and video if possible, I am curious to see the updated graphics. I am so far not impressed, they look very similar to the existing unit.

It's a new engine so even if graphics aren't standing out it should look a lot better from the 4k resolution, new animations hopefully etc. Also probably better lighting, reflections etc. Remember the GT live engine is like 20 years old so this new one has to be an improvement even if they didn't go all out on the first year.

Quoted from MutterFudder:

Looks like the smallest leap yet. Original Tee to Fore was a leap, Fore to live was also a huge leap and change. This looks… rebranded with slightly better hardware and obnoxious lighting?

This is pretty typical. going from 2d to 3d is a huge jump, going 3d 1080 to 4k isn't the same level of jump. As long as the engine is good for the future they can always upgrade the graphics later. Considering how behind they are I wonder if they did push some of that back and are using old assets.
Odds are the new game will have the old models/assets but look better in the lighting, textures etc. Then in a future year they will update the assets hopefully.

What I don't get is why anyone would want to play a real course in GT. Are we going to be able to drive the green for par 5s?

#2211 2 years ago

BTW the pga tour app is out if anyone wants to see it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itsgames.pgacaddy

It also looks like they're doing seasons with season passes now, so get ready for even more monetization and nickle/diming. instead of just earning free equipment for playing you'll have to pay a subscription fee to earn those items.

I just watched that video and while 80% of it was the app and a dude's face, the bit of the game they showed was kind of disappointing. It has identical menus, UI elements etc from the current golden tee. They said they'd be adding neat new stuff like new camera angles etc in the next update, spring 2022 but it's not a full overhaul. It's a reskin of the current game it seems. I wonder if it really is a new engine or just an updated version?

What this means to me is that they are going to do the thing that yearly games do when they go to a new console/engine. Everything is the same or a step back and they expect us to pay a premium for it while they bring it up to date with the old version...

#2214 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Anyone know the pricing differential on the PGA version versus 2021? I have a PGA preordered but if it has almost no upgrades and costs more, I might as well just get the 2021.

That's a tough call. You can get a new current edition for like $3200, I'd expect the PGA one to be in the $4-6k range minimum. You have to consider that the current one will only be supported for 5 more years and that in the next few years the PGA tour will likely get significant updates while the current edition will likely get nothing but new courses each year. The guy kept saying in the stream that the new features were coming in the next update, so it sounds like what we've seen so far is the bare bones version just getting it to a playable state before we see real improvements.

The other thing to consider is that they are already way behind schedule and talking about spring to early summer for the next edition to come out. I'd be really surprised if home users get PGA tour units before Q4 2023 if they do get them at all in 2023.

#2216 2 years ago

Not according to I.T. - in a live stream last week, they re-committed to their "summer 2022" timeline for releasing the Home Edition version of GTPGA.
Of course, you can take that for what it's worth, I guess.

Yeah based on their track record since covid I'd say late summer would be a win. It's already been pushed back almost a year, I would not be surprised to see more delays.

#2219 2 years ago

It sounds like they're going to start adding more distinguishing features starting with the '22 update.

It is weird though that they seem to be trying to please everyone. They want the new more serious demographic but also don't want to lose us current players. Not sure how it will turn out, I imagine the official PGA courses will be considered boring or a different kind of challenge compared to the GT ones. Maybe it will be a test of who can nail their second shot since I can't see any real course that is too long to hit the green in 2 shots.

#2224 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Just tried an Ubuntu live USB stick and my Ethernet port worked just fine then. Grrr spent all day on this, again. I'm about to give up

I'd try the facebook home owner's group. There are some people there who pretty much do golden tee for a living and they should be able to give some suggestions.

#2226 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Tempting as it is, I'm like the one guy that doesn't have a facebook account. Thank you though, I really do appreciate any tips I can get.

Probably stupid but did you try the call option? In the menu you can have it call I.T and any time mine won't connect that seems to fix it.

#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I've been playing golden tee Home edition for a year. I'm really liking it still. I play it way more than my pins currently. I updated to 21 and have been working on my skills. A good game is about -9 to -14 for me. my putting still needs work, I've messed around with using thumbs but it seems hit and miss (haha). Anyway just wanted to say what a great value this is compared to pinball.

Did you try the ladder against the computer yet? I was scoring about where you score and then I played through that and something about being able to watch the computer and then try and mimic their shot really helped my game.

#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Raw Talk FTW.

I have Power Putt on my machine and Raw Talk was a huge hit when I had people over. I thought it sounded juvenile when I read what it was, and it totally is juvenile but with a couple of friends battling it makes for some pretty funny moments.

Speaking of power putt I found it a lot of fun, wish there was a way to play online with stats and stuff at home.

#2248 2 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Will IT ever offer all their fringe games(minus GT) in one package for a considerable up charge? With them all sharing a lot of the same controls/cabinet just seems to make more sense for the consumer.

I thought that was the plan along with the PGA tour release. They were releasing a single system with bags, power putt and darts in one or something like that. Offline though as far as I know

#2256 2 years ago

Kind of, but not *because, just *along-side.
The "Arcade Collection," they're calling it. Remastered Target Toss, Power Putt, and SSX. All on one hard drive. Details are just beginning to emerge on this, stay tuned.

Cool! Is the darts one part of the target toss game or is that something different? I am not really interested in SSX but I've heard the dart one is fun.

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Darts is a blast! I find the whole Target Toss game to be the best IT game so far. Shame I was unable to buy any games when it was out. VERY happy to hear about this collection getting released!

This is consistently what I hear, that darts/bags is the best one. I wanted to get one too but there is only one I've ever seen for sale locally and it's one of those 'I know what I've got" guys who wants $6000 for it lol.

Quoted from YZRider926:

So would this be able to go into a golden tee cab and allow for you to switch without needing to swap hardware?

This should run from its own nighthawk system so you could use one of those switchers people use and run it in the same cabinet as GT.

#2267 2 years ago

It may be from IT, but they're not going to do you any favors in making it "easy" to run this kit along-side your GT machine.
Likely your only option to accomplish this will be the Perfect Solutions switcher kit, requiring you to run two complete Nighthawk systems in your cabinet.

If it's not online we might be able to do hard drive swapping to make it work. My machine can play SSX and Power Putt using a hard drive selector, but they have to be offline or your CID might get tagged.

#2271 2 years ago

I had a full day of games with my buddy yesterday. We've been playing Forest Knoll over and over trying to beat the -21 record we have and it finally clicked and I got a -23.

We were playing the same courses over and over for several hours and I noticed we got the exact same setup a lot more than I'm used to. We're playing in contest mode and I know that if you get back into the same contest the setup and wind will be the same but it seemed like we were getting identical setups across multiple contests. Either way it helped with my game since we got to know each shot.

Does anyone know how the tee box location, hole location and wind setups work exactly? Is each thing randomized or are there a few setups and which one you get is random?

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

What is the latest on the GoldenTee GO? Its been years, this us the version for me and pricepoint. I don't play online or want subscriptions. Its getting frustrating waiting this long I may just buy the original unit? Thoughts?

I totally forgot about it. They said about a year ago that it was being re-released with online functionality and they stopped selling them/making more. It's been silence since then though, I haven't heard anything.

If you really don't care about online it might be worthwhile trying to get the old one. Then again when the new one comes out the old one will probably be cheaper to buy second hand...

1 week later
#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Anyone know what this message means?
[quoted image]

Makes me wonder if your nighthawk is too old to play the version you're trying to load. I know some of the older nighthawks can't play the newest versions but I don't know what the cutoff is.

1 month later
#2309 2 years ago

Got an e-mail recently explaining how the PGA tour will copy your guy/clubs etc from the current game. Sounds like if you're planning on playing both you should buy lots of tees now since they will duplicate any tees you have to PGA, one time only.

1 week later
#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

More often than not lately I'll start a game, select the player count, choose "online" and the "event" option is blacked out, not allowing it to be selected. I've backed out and gone back in before, and recall maybe one time it then appeared, but that doesn't seem to work any more.
Is this something anyone else experiences?

I get this after I first start my machine. If you go into the operator menu there is an option to connect to I.T and verify the connection, this usually fixes it.

1 week later
#2321 2 years ago

I finally managed to break the house record for Forest Knoll this weekend. Managed a -24. It took a good set of tee box locations as well as this fluke. I probably could have managed a -26 if I had hit everything just right but I birdied a couple I should have eagle'd.

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've seen in the Facebook group that it is indeed on the way.
I really just want Power Putt. My buddies and I getting drunk at a BWW's and playing Power Putt is such a great memory of mine.
Beyond that, I feel like my wife would enjoy Power Putt a LOT more than Golden Tee.

I have a disk image of power putt that works on my golden tee system. When I got mine it had a switcher in it and you just hit the button and boot it back up and it switches between Golden Tee and Power Putt. It's offline but if you really want to play that's the way to do it until you can get this new machine.

Power putt was a huge hit with people who came over. 4 player with raw talk was a lot of fun.

1 week later
#2345 2 years ago

Yeah those new courses sound neat, I can't wait to see some gameplay and get a chance to play them.

I feel like I know every inch of the 2021 courses lol.

I've managed a -23 on the 2021 courses this month except Hidden Temple. I feel like I need something new to shake it up

#2346 2 years ago

I'm on a serious roll right now. Definitely my best month for the world ranking.

Screenshot_20220311-100321 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220311-100321 (resized).png
#2350 2 years ago

You just have to avoid going online with the same CID right? Is that new cabinet with the multi game even going to support online modes?

1 week later
#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks for the advice. I could pay for one out of my savings,but whenever I can use someone else's money free of charge,I jump on it.
I'd be okay waiting a year for the PGA GT,but there's not very much information/reviews yet about the game or the prices yet . Or maybe I just haven't looked good enough ?
Someone on FB said some of the Players hated the new PGA version? I think one of the complaints was the game wasn't high enough ? But some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope. Well time will tell,so I'll keep checking for new information about the new PGA GT. I do like that it's a new platform, and that might be good enough reason to wait for the new version ?
I had no intentions of buying a GT, until I saw the new Arcade1Up Golden Tee that was coming out. Then I made the mistake of of comparing the two.
I've been playing golf for 40 years,but I have never played a Golden Tee. But just from watching YouTube videos of the game,I know I'd be addicted real fast to this game.
Thanks again

When you say the game is not high enough do you mean the control panel and track ball are different height than the classic cabinet? Because IMO that is a massive oversight. People played this game for 20 years at the same height, you don't just go change that for no good reason. I assumed the new PGA cabinet would be identical in height/tilt for the control panel. If they changed that it's a valid complaint, especially since it's really not necessary to change. I can't imagine having the deck a few inches higher or lower would affect their design in any material way.

And I'd avoid the arcade 1up one. It only plays the old mame version of the game which you can play on any old PC. It's pretty overpriced for what it is. Grab an x-arcade tank stick and an old PC off of craigslist and you've got the same setup but with thousands of games rather than just a few golden tee versions.

https://shop.xgaming.com/products/x-arcade-tankstick-trackball-usb-included

#2359 2 years ago

Huh, what a weird design choice. I don't get why they changed things that were not necessary to change. If people have been playing a game 20 years with the same button layout it's going to mess people up when it changes. Cabinet height even more since there's so much muscle memory involved.

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I’m assuming the older or current home editions will not support the new pga courses? Or will there be an upgrade kit not requiring all new hardware?

Correct the current edition does not support the PGA courses.

My understanding is that the plan was not to provide an upgrade route from current to PGA, but then I heard that in the last 6 months or so the current ones have been getting the new hardware inside for cost savings reasons. Maybe there is a small chance they will let people on the newest hardware upgrade to PGA version but somehow I doubt it. I think they want everyone to have that shiny new cabinet to maintain branding.

#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Yeah probably. I want one but realistically it will be next year at the earliest before I get one.
Hopefully the newer machines can still play the older courses with the older machines.

Yeah the PGA version has everything the current version has plus the PGA stuff. They keep insisting they want to keep the same feel as the old game so I imagine we will continue to get Golden Tee style courses along with the PGA courses once the current edition is phased out.

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I agree 100% . I like the crazy golf courses that you can play now,and I'm hoping that the PGA version will continue releasing the crazy golf courses in the future?

Yeah my understanding is that they will keep releasing the GT style courses along with the PGA ones even after the current edition is phased out. My guess is that we'll probably see 3 PGA courses a year and 2 GT style ones.

#2387 2 years ago

I think it's gonna be a bit more than that (I wonder if this is a one time thing or what). Next PGA update will have 3 new PGA courses, PLUS the 7 that will be in the normal GT release (5 immediate, 2 time release courses). Not sure that'll persist for the next few years or not, maybe they got ahead on content while dragging on the hardware side.

Yeah the PGA will be getting a lot of courses for the time being but I think that's because they're stuck supporting two versions right now and don't want either one to feel abandoned. That's why I think it will go back to the 5 +2 per year we get now once PGA is the only version being updated.

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Thanks for the links, that's kind of what I was thinking too. Sure it's not 1080 but it easily could be. Sadly I have an extra 750ti but it's a Asus, I did read they have to be exact model.
A couple more questions if I could. Can you clone your hard drive? Mine is on a older model, and I would rather have a ssd for speed etc.
Also is there any point of connecting my wifi to the internet before I get online? I keep getting a wifi connection error, I could connect as I do want to get online in future. It's just when booting it takes longer before wifi connection fails.
Thanks again

You can clone it and use an SSD but I really didn't notice any improvement in speed. The damn thing still takes 15 minutes to boot up. Mine actually hangs occasionally when booting and I always wondered if the SSD might be the cause.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up fellow GT owners, you can get 10% off GT2022 by order before the end of March. I'm likely going to buy now as I purposely skipped 2021 (have a 2020 cabinet) in an attempt to save on update fees lol.
http://home.goldentee.com/

Unfortunately upgrading more than one year costs more than upgrading by one year, but I think it's still less than if you had upgraded each year so you probably saved some bucks.

#2405 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

So I got my machine online last night and played a few games. So glad I decided to go online
Went to turn on the machine and it shows yellow screen, then error of no keyboard, then seems to stuck at "booting itgame" I left it for 15 to 20 mins and still the same point. Anything to do with online updates, or has the hard drive gone bad or something else?
Update: unplugged keypad and wifi and it booted, plugged both back in and all is good. My guess to do with keypad as it was not plugged in when I booted and got online yesterday. If anyone has any insight to why I welcome any ideas

My only guess is that it maybe had to boot one time to grab all the drivers and load them and stuff. Just a guess though, my machine still hangs on booting every once in a while. Sometimes during the command line portion and sometimes when it hits the first screen and calls out to ITnet. I just restart it and it's usually fine.

#2410 2 years ago

So apparently this was sent to operators but not shared with HE owners... I don't think it's the end of the world that they are going to stagger the release of courses but why would they not make this clear up front? I got several e-mails from them urging me to pre-order and they implied we'd be getting all of the new content up front.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2412 2 years ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Is there going to be a 2022 Home Edition unit or is the new PGA Tour cab the 2022 version? I want to get a 2021 Home Edition but am not sure if a 2022 is coming in a few months or so. Thanks.

Yes, normal edition is being supported for 5 more years alongside the PGA edition. If you buy a 2021 now you can upgrade to 2022, although it might make more sense just to wait and buy a 2022 since it's only 2 months away.

3 weeks later
#2418 1 year ago

Yeah I gave up after beating the old John Daly. Young one hits too many crazy aces and eagles. Apparently if you play him enough there is a round where he only shoots a 27 or 28 but that would mean I have to score my best round ever and get his worst round just to win.

1 week later
#2426 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Anyone have any new news on the Arcade Collection update yet?

I've seen a few people post pictures of it on facebook so it seems like it's out. No idea if there is a waiting list though.

1 week later
#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Anyone else in on the 2022 update pre-order? I'm kind of excited for it being so long after the 2021 release.
One thing that's a little unclear in the marketing materials- are the Eagle's Peak and Champ '99 courses arriving on day 1 for home users, or are they TBD throughout the year like in the past?

Yeah I pre-ordered it as well, can't wait for it to come.

Eagles Peak and Champ '99 will be the two remasters that release later in the season. I've heard mixed things but from what I understand there will only be 3 new courses when it arrives. By the end of June we'll get the 4th course and then the 5th one comes few months later. Apparently they're doing a staggered release for the 5 new courses for the first time. Probably part of the whole season pass they try to get you to buy on the PGA version. They want people coming back all throughout the year, not just playing the new courses and getting bored.

99 champ and Eagle's Peak probably won't come until Feb next year at the earliest.

#2432 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Ah that kind of sucks. I don't mind the 2 remaster courses being later releases- that's normal. But drawing out the main courses as well? That's a little annoying since they don't mention that as far as I see in any of the marketing.
I'm still excited, but with the release being so delayed already, delaying more for parts of it will kind of cut into the value of the early upgrade, if the last of what we paid for is being released closer to the 2023 ramp up anyway.

Yep that was my complaint too. They didn't mention anything about the delayed release when bugging me to pre-order early. It would have been nice for them to mention it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/49#post-6865292

If you scroll up to this post I posted the schedule that has been floating around

#2436 1 year ago

The PGA tour update has already confirmed to have shipped so I think the chances there is a delay now are low.

#2439 1 year ago

FYI there are reports that the new update is taking 4-6 hours and some operators are shutting off because they think it's frozen which corrupts the harddrive. I heard they're sending out new updates that addresses this, but just in case anyone is updating and gets impatient it might be best to just leave the machine on and hope it's just going slowly.

Also clone your HDD before you update. Easy to revert in that case.

#2440 1 year ago

I've been playing more in anticipation of the new update and finally managed to match my best score again, a -27.

I also shot back to back 24s on Anse cocos and both had 2 missed eagle puts so I easily could have had 26. So frustrating when that happens

Screenshot_20220521-121809 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220521-121809 (resized).png
#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Don’t ask how but I lost my power cord for my 2015 cabinet. Any of you order on online ? Is this it ?
https://na.suzohapp.com/wp/cart-status.p

Looks like you linked us to your cart so we can't see the actual product. If you link to the product page that would work.

I think it's just a standard power cord from any PC though, should be obtainable anywhere.

#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Looks like this has been modified now, posted 5/19- it would appear Petra is now included day one at least?[quoted image]

Yeah machines that have the update already have 4 of the new courses so it looks like they moved that one course release up.

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Got a power cord, it still wouldn't turn on, I called IT tech support and turns out the small battery on the mother board CR 2023 or something like that was dead. So I can only turn my machine on now with the "soft" power switch under the top of the cabinet. Until I replace the battery. And that seems like its going to be a pain in the ass.

I just had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago and thought my power supply had died. You can get the battery from just about anywhere, amazon etc. It just pops out and pops back in, takes about 2 minutes to fix with most of the time being spent taking the cover off of the computer.

Until then I had to jump the pins on the motherboard since mine is a cutdown and doesn't have a soft reset button. After that make sure you go into the bios and tell it to boot on receiving power again and you should be good to go.

#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How tough was it getting the nighthawk box out? looks like it will be a huge pain , its kind of cramped and awkward where it is.

I have a cutdown of an original cabinet so it's really easy to access. I'm not sure how that looks on a pedestal but I don't think you need to actually pull the nighthawk out. The case it's in has a metal lid and if you unscrew it you can remove the lid and access the motherboard pretty easily. It's not like a traditional computer case where one side slides off, so it makes access a little easier.

#2457 1 year ago
Quoted from swayze2:

How do you get Young John Daly? I have 2021 but only see the regular....

He should be there at the end but I don't remember if you have to beat normal John Daily first. Have you beaten him?

#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah looks like I have to take the whole thing out to get to it. UGH! oh well.

Yeah lol... one good thing is they give you tees and balls for beating each character so if you go through the whole ladder you end up with a lot of balls and tees and probably won't have to buy more any time soon.

#2462 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hi all- long been interested in joining the club and may be ready financially. If buying new- what distributor/company would you recommend? I want easy, honest, communication etc. Thanks!

There are a ton of reputable sellers on facebook on the golden tee machines open posting group. You'll get the lowest price and really good service there.

Quoted from iceman44:

Is PGA tour available yet to individuals

Nope, just commercial for now. No ETA for home edition but likely end of year or early next year.

#2466 1 year ago
Quoted from rrocker:

What is the key to unlock Young JD? I finally beat JD on casual mode but it did not unlock Young JD.
[quoted image]

It should unlock after you beat him. I only ever played the ladder solo though, I wonder if playing with a friend doesn't let you unlock?

#2468 1 year ago

We are live. Woo, can't wait till lunch to try this.

People are sharing the link to the update, if anyone wants it PM me. You have to have been invoiced by IT already for it to activate.

PXL_20220606_144537787 (resized).jpgPXL_20220606_144537787 (resized).jpg
#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I just put a golden tee 2021 on location at the local golf course…any advice on how to drive more plays, outside of it just being there?

I know some operators do promos like a free drink for the best round that week. Might be worth asking on the golden tee facebook pages since a lot of operators are on FB.

#2473 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Nice!
Did you just copy to a flash drive?

Yeah I used the drive they sent for last year's update and just copied the files over.

#2476 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This is a bit weird, IT billed my credit card a couple weeks back for the 2022 update, sent an updated invoice, but now the charge has been removed. Anyone else had this happen?

Yeah the first charge was just a test to make sure your credit card info was correct and had sufficient credit. It drops off and they should charge you for real when it ships.

Quoted from nascarrey:

How long did the update take?

Not here, but I paid when they had the 'early bird' discount a few months back.

Only like 25 minutes. It was pretty fast.

#2481 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

I noticed the update is labeled that it's for Nighthawk... I wonder if it's safe to use on my GT that is now built on the Titan hardware?

No, they say not to. Jay Ware's post on facebook says to reach out to them for a titan version.

Quoted from mummite:

I ordered my 2022 update. Just waiting for it to ship. I have a 2019 I have updated through to 21.
I was charged and my CID is updated to 2022 just waiting on the stick.

In this case you can download it from and you should be good to go. This is the official link release today https://livewire.itsgames.com/gtl-2022-nh

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

I noticed the update is labeled that it's for Nighthawk... I wonder if it's safe to use on my GT that is now built on the Titan hardware?

I just saw this posted on facebook for titan owners

https://livewire.itsgames.com/gtl-2022-tn

#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Okay why is there a dog nonstop barking on hole 1 of Hollywood Hills and then again on hole 1 of Nihon Yoru??
Edit: yeah something is off for me. I hear the same dirt bike sounds in the middle of Tokyo at night too. It's like the exact same background sound effects on both courses

I saw someone on facebook asking about a dog on the Tokyo course too. I didn't notice it but I'm usually listening to a podcast or something when I play.

#2494 1 year ago

Yep real time rivals is gone. I don't even have events anymore on mine but I think that should be coming back this week or next week. I keep hearing different things.

#2499 1 year ago

As far as I know it's gone for good. And you cannot run multiple versions and switch back and forth because IT links your CID to the new version and going back would throw an error.

#2503 1 year ago

The communications also said nothing about drip feeding the new courses and not giving them to us all at once. Hell the first dates they gave us said we wouldn't get Petra until June 27th but we already have it so I don't think they even have a good idea of what's going on internally.

This whole thing has been a shitshow and leaves me with a really bad taste in my mouth. Especially the way they are nickel and diming everyone with the PGA tour system. Do we really need season passes for this game? Every shit game has them these days, we don't need another subscription to earn a bunch of useless bullshit they used to give us for free. They have no respect for their customer it seems.

#2506 1 year ago

I just noticed that real time rivals was still under the casual mode menus but it was blanked out and wouldn't let me pick it. Maybe it comes back once they shut off 2021?

Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Looking to pick up a Home edition (offline only for me) sometime in the near future. Is there a chart or site that details the differences between all the versions so I can compare them. Like the added courses each year, whats been removed, whats been added, etc. Unless you are deep into this game its hard to follow each year and find the info. So far Im gathering that 2019-2021 HE seem to be the best bang for the buck.

I doubt you'll find anything like this. The biggest difference is the course list. Each year gets 7 new courses and 2021 has around 90 courses. There are a few modes like driving range and real time rivals that might not be available on some versions (I think they took driving range out in 2013 or 14) but ultimately they are not major features.

I also just saw someone on facebook who is from IT say real time rivals may be coming back.

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I have 2 year old hardware and this is happening to me as well.

Quoted from wdbthree:

<blockquote
Wish I would have read this thread before upgrading yesterday. Can confirm blacked-out Rivals mode.
Also: my cabinet is Nighthawk; GT Live 2014 era or so. Replaced the video card years ago (to a GTX 1050). Upgraded from 2019 version. This is the first release where the aged platform REALLY struggles. 30 seconds plus for course/round to load. Choppy graphics on shot animations. Several long delays between holes. Have never had these issues in the past.
Honestly regret paying $400+ to “downgrade” in features and performance. I’m going to talk to ITS tomorrow to see if there’s anything I can do.
b
Ps: for anyone else running old hardware, I had swapped out CRT with Suzo LCD three or four years ago (my biggest regret; at the time wasn’t confident to work on monitors. And couldn’t find anyone to repair. ITS tech convinced me to just replace). EGA/VGA/XGA resolution. Machine had been playing at 800x600 resolution. After 22 update, the “picture in pictures mini hole map was out of alignment. See pic. Changed dip switches to DVI 1080p and everything is working fine (SLOW, but fine). Just in case anyone else comes across the issue.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've seen a bunch of people complaining about the slowdown. 30 seconds for the first hole to load sounds common.

It's weird though before the update my machine was very choppy. Sound was always cutting out and between holes it would be really slow and choppy. Now I'm not getting any delays at all, everything loads fast. Just some holes the framerate drops, but I'm not experiencing the big pauses like some of you seem to be having.

#2513 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I've read a bunch of the recent posts, and I am excited to install my 2022 today.
THings I should expect and certainly correct/add to them if you'd like:
no more real time rivals
all of my course records/aces/etc gone
30 minutes to 1 hour to load?
thanks

I would expect it to take a little longer than that. I think they made these sticks before the two big updates that went out this week so if your machine has to download those updates as well that could take some time. Those updates took over 2 hours for me.

#2519 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

o m g the dog barking is no joke, there’s no way I could play an entire 18 holes of that.

I don't hear the barking at all, it's weird. I wonder if some people get it and others dont.

Quoted from jalpert:

I left the machine on for a couple hours and didn’t get an update. My build is the end of May

Not exactly sure how their updates work but its possible it updated when you booted. Do you have events available for online play? If so then you should be updated to the newest one since events were not there for 22 prior to the update.

#2521 1 year ago

Weird, I don't have events either. I forget what specific version I'm on but it ends in .02, are you on something newer?
Just checked, it’s 17.04.02

Yeah 17.04.02 is the newest version. Did you ever have events? I know some states don't have them, but if you had them before you should have them now on that latest version.

The 99 champ course is actually the event this week. if anyone wants to get a preview of it play the event.

#2523 1 year ago

Thanks for confirming. So I played last night, no events. I went and played at lunch, and voila -- events! So who knows
Fun course Champ 99, lots of tough but fair shots and interesting layups. I like it!

Yeah Champ 99 is not bad. A little simplistic but it's fun to shoot.

#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

well 3 hours in and the download is still going. I guess at least it's making progress.

Yeah my updates took quite a while. Like over 4 hours total so don't worry it's probably not frozen.

#2528 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok 8 hours and now I'm downloaded.
I cannot get online.
ERROR CODE 12
Which I believe indicates that they think I disconnected the wrong USB connector.
But, I did NOT do that. I have some multi-usb port so it holds like 10 usb connectors. I simply just plugged in the thumb drive to an open port.

I saw this on facebook a few times... here's what they say to do

"Verify your ethernet connection is good by plugging another networked device into it. Once you've verified your ethernet network connection is good (always a good idea to reboot your router/modem as well), then reboot your game and if it's still not connected, go into system menus and force a call to ITnet. It should connect then."

#2530 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I have a wifi connection. I did try to force a call and it didn’t go through.

Oh try putting your wifi password in again, I think it gets wiped when you update

#2534 1 year ago
Quoted from mummite:

Just got mine updated to 2022. The load times for each course are so long now.

It's weird I see a lot of people saying this but mine seems fine. It's a lot smoother than it was under 2021 too

#2538 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Maybe they will add the actual attract music and animation back? Now it’s just a logo and chime. Very much feels like they just hurried and got this out the door. Guessing resources were focused on the PGA Tour game instead.

I think the music went along with the John Daily content so that's probably not coming back.

Also they confirmed now that RTR is gone for good.

#2541 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I know it was an expensive software upgrade, but I’m wondering if there’s a way to revert to 2021. Maybe a reinstall usb image

I have the 2021 hard drive image backed up if you really want it. Not sure how IT will treat your CID though, you might get locked out unless they put you back to 21 on their system.

#2545 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Or resources were focused on their casino gaming division.....
I bought my HE back in 2015 (and have been playing GT since it first appeared in an arcade cabinet at the bar in the 90's) and have never seen any (or very few) bugs come with the update. This year there are a lot of them, Mothra sized butterflies, pins placed in the rough, grass reading as 'on stone', 911 yard holes with no landing spots, etc... I was watching the stream of the PEGT tour sunday and saw a machine re-boot mid round. The players had to start another game, played up until the re-boot hole and continued by keeping score from the original game. No QC at all on this release. Very disappointing.

They have blamed covid a lot for delays and issues but I don't see how software engineers can't do the same level of work from home... My guess is taking on PGA and the legacy machine at the same time was too much and corners have been cut. Covid probably did put a big dent in their revenue from bars so I can see it preventing them from maybe hiring where they needed it during this transitional phase.

#2547 1 year ago

There's supposed to be a patch that is coming this week to fix those tee box issues. No idea when though.

4 weeks later
#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from TZBen:

how's 2022? I'm still on 2021 and waiting to see how this new version ages

Quoted from jalpert:

Not worth it.
The new courses aren’t good, they’ve removed real time rivals, my game takes longer to boot and performance is worse. 2 year old hardware.
Unless you must play the courses added, I’d pass.

I've had the opposite experience. my machine runs smoother and faster and doesn't reboot itself ever anymore. It used to crash about once a week midgame when I was on 21.
I also enjoy the new courses a lot, Easter Island, Nihon and Hollywood are all very fun courses.
I didn't play rivals much but I can see how that could be a dealbreaker for some.

Quoted from mbrave77:

can you actually get PGA yet? or is 2022 not the same as pga?

PGA 2022 is out as well as the legacy edition 2022. They are different machines with the same courses but the PGA machines obviously are the only ones with the PGA courses. PGA is only out commercial though, no home editions have been sold yet.
If you use the game finder on the app or the IT website you can find locations that have the PGA machines. I warn you the PGA courses are unbearably boring and the machine is annoying because they changed the button layout. You will be frustrated as hell at first as you keep hitting the wrong button. Then you'll get used to it and go back to a legacy machine and be frustrated as hell all over again as you adjust back.

The new PGA courses are so unpopular that after 48 hours the contest I entered closed with no other players...

#2553 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I had a 2019 build and the 2022 update clearly ran slower here. I think (hope) it will get fixed by IT, but would recommend anyone on the fence save some money and frustration by staying on 2021 for now.

When you guys say it's slower do you mean the gameplay itself is slower or the loading, transitions etc?

For me the update to 2022 has caused some frame rate drops during gameplay but the loading times, screen transitions etc are all much smoother for me now. I used to get choppy audio and stuttering between holes and all that seems resolved with the update.

One thing is for sure it seems inconsistent. People seem to either hate it or love it on the facebook groups.

#2556 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I wonder if something was wrong with your 2021 setup. The gameplay itself seemed fine on 2022, just a longer loading period from selecting a course to actually being tee'd up. It wasn't "bad" or "terrible" just a step backwards for $400+. Plus I never got to finish out the Real Time Rivals, so combined it felt like I should have just held off on the upgrade. But I still hope IT can polish it up.

That extra delay is from them not recording voice lines for the new courses. Usually the announcer welcomes you to the course you chose, but with the new ones it just sits there for like 15 seconds where it should be talking to you.

Quoted from iceman44:

Man I’m confused on all this BS.
What to do?
I thought they were coming with the real PGA courses?

The real PGA courses are only on the new PGA machines. You won't get them on your home version ever unless you upgrade to the new PGA machine. The PGA courses are not what you want though. They are incredibly boring. Just shoot straight to the fairway, straight to the green and putt. Every green is flat too. There is no challenge to them at all, the only challenge is trying to hole out from the fairway.

#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

That would explain it. Also the missing attract mode video/song being gone. Just felt “super fucking hurried” pushing it out the door like that.
Even my old Gottliebs give me an attract mode

Feels hurried but came 8 months late lol... I think they stretched themselves too thin with the PGA machine being launched alongside the normal game.

#2560 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Will be bringing 3 full 2022 Live rigs to Sevierville. Commercial fully functional units. 2500 per.

Good price if they're the showpiece cabinet and in decent shape. I see them going for around $3200 on facebook. It will cost a little to get IT to convert it to HE if that's what you want, but it's only like $100.

#2562 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Full rigs, showcase stand and monitor, plug and play.

Oh wow, with TV and stand included this is a steal. I'd buy one if I was local. A lot of those ones going for $3200 on facebook don't include TV or stand.

#2570 1 year ago
Quoted from rollinover:

What exactly is the PGA game?
When will this be happening?
Is this what you are talking about?[quoted image]

Yes that's it, the new cabinet that is running alongside the legacy edition. It's different in that the graphics, characters etc are new but it has all of the courses from the legacy edition and on top of that it has incredibly boring real PGA courses.

You can't buy a home edition of it yet so if you want to try it you'll have to find a commercial unit near you. In 4 years they will end support of the legacy edition and everyone will have to play on the PGA machines.

#2573 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

That is not entirely accurate. The will end new course release, but the games will be supported long afterwards.
I just don't want people to think they are buying something that they won't be able to get support for.
On a side note, we have a stock of new 2021 home edition pedestals ready to go. They do come with the 2022 upgrade for free (you just have to contact IT to have it sent out).
[email protected]

Ah ok, I thought they were discontinuing the online support as well but that's nice to know we can keep playing online after the PGA becomes the main machine.

Quoted from rollinover:

Is 1500 for a 2010 pedestal a good price
How much to upgrade it

Price is OK but it does depend on which hardware is in there. If you're upgrading to 2022 it might end up being cheaper just to find a used, newer model.

This is from a response I got on facebook a while back. You'll want to make sure the system can run the newer versions and you might have to jump on facebook and ask someone there. They'll be able to answer quickly.

"If it's the same year, yes, $100 and change. If you need to upgrade, pricing starts at $399 for 1-year out, and add $50 for every year older you go. So for example:
2021 Commerical to 2021 HE: $100 (just a new security chip)
2020 Commercial to 2021 HE: $399 (conversion upgrade with includes a new sec chip)
2016 Commercial to 2021 HE: $399 + $250 ($50 times 5 years) = $649.
Upgrade cost maxes out at $699. So 2015 and older, all the way back to 2007 essentially cost the same to convert and upgrade. Provided you have the hardware to run 2021 correctly in your older Nightahwk system already."

#2577 1 year ago

Just realize it's going to be a while until home editions for PGA come out and it's going to be a lot more than the GO. Probably end of year/early 2023 on a best scenario and $4500 minimum for the PGA.

#2582 1 year ago

Apparently the PGA machines retail for over $6000 and are already showing up for sale around $4500 because operators are finding they do poorly. People just don't want to play them when the legacy machines are available.

I'd choose legacy over PGA right now too. The buttons changing place annoys the hell out of me and I hate the monetization with the club pass etc. I wish they just let us use our legacy character with all of our gear on the PGA version.

#2585 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you are happy with the product you have today, I THINK (and maybe someone can chime in here) you can still play and earn your cute outfits, that’s not going away, just new courses and new features.

I know, my point is that no one seems to want to play on the PGA version now since they lose all of that progress on top of the other changes people seem to dislike. On the facebook group you see people constantly posting pics of bars with multiple machines and there is a line for the legacy machine and no one touches the PGA one.

It would have made sense to keep the same characters and progress for the PGA machines and just add more there. Incentivize people to play the new one while phasing out the old one. It seems people are going to stick with the legacy machine right up until the end.

"6 machines, 10 players and no one's touching the PGA mchines"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#2591 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I have 1 fan that isnt running very well. It’s rough sounding, it stopped yesterday. I had some no fan warning or something like that. I banged the computer case a bit and it kicked on. Its the top number (336 rpm). If I want to change it, which is it? Is it the power supply?
[quoted image]

Processor fan would be the one on the CPU. Not a fan you want to die as most CPUs will burn up without a fan in a matter of minutes if not seconds. Should be an easy fix but what heatsink/fan will fit your motherboard depends on the CPU socket type. If you can post a picture of your hardware specs from the hardware page I should be able to point you in the right direction. It will be something like this.

https://www.amazon.ca/Intel-LGA115x-CPU-Heatsink-E97379-003/dp/B01MSD39CN

1 week later
#2595 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok it seems PGA home edition is taking forever. I think I may just go ahead and get a 2022. Been waiting forever to get one....

Price of the PGA version is probably going to be pretty high. Some speculate as high as $6k. Personally I'd get the 2022 now and if you really feel like you need the PGA one when it's available sell the legacy one. They still fetch over $3k and enough people seem unhappy with the PGA version that I don't think the legacy is getting any cheaper soon. The fact that the legacy is losing support in 4 years is mostly already priced in and we're already hearing stories of operators pulling the PGA machines and selling them at a loss due to no one wanting to play them. I think the legacy machine holds its value for at least a few more years.

Quoted from Viggin900:

I've been waiting years for the go version. Let me get this straight, they removed the screen and raised the price $500? Who do they think they are? No, not buying it.

I always felt the screen was a little unnecessary. if you are somewhere you can run the machine surely you can bring a monitor too. The lack of parity with the full version is what made me not want it though. They've got it online now but only half the courses from the full version? Why not just give us the whole thing.

Price is probably always going to be a sticking point with the GO though. They can't release a version that is significantly cheaper than going to the bar or they undermine the operators. +$500 when they took the screen away is a bit odd though. why not just leave the screen in for those who really want it? It can't add much to the BOM.

#2599 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ive waited this long I should probably just wait. I dont mind 6kish and 4k would be really nice addon. Only thing Im wondering is if there will be a pedestal only version of PGA so I count mount TV on wall.

Everyone is saying it's going to be the full unit with the blue lighting and attached TV for the home edition, just like commercial. You can detach the TV portion and just use the pedestal but I don't think you'll be able to buy it without the TV unfortunately. Now you can have that Dave n Busters look at home!

#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

When PGA goes into wide release, legacy units will go down.
Even if you don’t like PGA, it has all the same courses, looks nicer, has better sign in options etc.

We'll see. There's already been a bit of a drop priced in just from the announcement and enough of the hardcore players seem to dislike it that I can see it taking another few years before it starts to catch on.

If all I had to play on was the PGA one I think it would be fine, but going back and forth between them is a huge pain. Just as you get used to the new button arrangement you have to go back and get used to the old one again. When you have all of the button presses down to muscle memory it's so annoying going between them.

Also I didn't feel it myself but I've seen a few people say the chipping feels different too. I think it's more visual than anything but until those kinds of things are sorted out I think the resistance to switch over is going to remain.

#2605 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Perfect info, thanks. What got me thinking of a Golden Tee was seeing one for sale, but it was a 2010 Unplugged model. That was too out of date for the asking price.
Do you recall what the 2021 upgrade price was? Seems to be at least $600 from what I've been seeing.

It depends how many years you're updating, but it's generally $400 + $50 for every additional year. It tops out at $699. Also if you get a commercial unit you can pay a fee to convert it to the home edition.

#2611 1 year ago

Live has been down for almost 24 hours now... of all the times to happen it's down on a day I was planning during the day because I was enjoying this week's event. And Friday is my GT night with buddies. bummer!

#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Same boat here, buddies on their way. Bummer indeed.
They're having major problems too- their websites are all down, apps not working etc. I wonder if this impacts their casino gaming as well?

I would assume their casino stuff is on a totally different system/network but who knows.

Quoted from jesperpark:

Then you have to wonder, do they have my CC on file? Is it safe? I guess I'd better watch my card closer than usual

I think those are probably safe if it's a ransomware attack. That is a totally different beast than a database crack. If you get into someone's DB of credit card info then you don't want the company to know so they don't alert their customers to cancel their cards. A ransomware attack on top would make it obvious the info got stolen.

Who knows though, we'll see how it all plays out.

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

About to join the club with a GT 2021. As this club thread says Golden Tee, I noticed there isn’t a good thread for Silver Strike. Then I go to Facebook and see a fans GT page but the SS page is inactive. Ok I have a couple of questions.
Do many GT owners also have SS?
If so, why aren’t more SS owners complaining about upgrade issues? Do you have to go somewhere else?
What percentage of your time playing arcade games is spent playing GT vs SS at home?
What percentage of your time playing arcade games is spent playing GT vs SS on location?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure like Power Putt, Silver Strike is stagnant and not being updated anymore.

They just released the arcade collection which has SS, PP and darts in it so maybe it will start getting more popular, but I don't see a ton of people discussing it or PP.

My machine came with hard drives with offline versions of PP and SS and I liked PP as a party game, but SS was kind of meh. I might go back and give it another try but compared to playing golden tee it seemed like a waste of time.

#2624 1 year ago

Thanks for feedback on SS. Keep opinions ve GT coming.
Has anybody developed hand, wrist or shoulder problem playing GT? I remember playing it in bars and people’s houses and everybody always pounds away on the track ball, so that’s what I thought was required. I looked up gaming gloves for Golden Tee but came up empty. Evidently nobody wears a glove to play GT, and I mean nobody. But I would think one might enjoy having a fingerless, padded glove.

Yeah a few people wear gloves like mutterfudder mentioned, most notable skip, but most seem not to. I have only tried a glove when my hand felt especially dry and I couldnt' get any traction on the track ball and it seemed to help. I just wore a nitrile glove with the fingers cut off though.

Mutter is right about how to hit the ball too. You don't need to slam it if you can get a good piece of it by following through rather than hitting down on the ball. You want to try and catch the top of the ball and push forwards rather than down which most people seem to do by instinct. Once I got the hang of this my shoulder pain went away pretty fast.

#2630 1 year ago

Does the target toss pro include the darts game? I've always heard bags and darts are good and it makes me want the arcade collection.

#2635 1 year ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Tuesday evening and still no progress from IT, or really any meaningful communication on the issues. Don't want to pile on with more negative, but this is not good.

I'm starting to think it wasn't a hack and it was some sort of crucial infrastructure failure and they have to wait for hardware to arrive.

That's the only way I can see it taking so long.

They probably had everything running on some ancient server with no system for parity or disaster recovery. Apparently there are a lot of IT specialists who play golden tee and I've seen a whole bunch of different speculation on the discord and facebook groups.

And I'm sure there was one guy who has been saying for years that we need to do something about this critical fail point and it went unheard

#2638 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

About fucking time

Woohoo it looks like things are coming up again. Website and app are still down, machines are showing green lights but I've only seen one person say they were actually able to play.

My machine had a green light but wouldn't let me log in, then it went back to red.

#2644 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Yup and whatever speed they usually work at, this last week or two absolutely did not help things.

Yeah still no way to add money to our accounts either... I imagine this is a big priority for them since they want to be able to take money in, but anyone who didn't already have a balance on their account is stuck unable to play events until they sort it out.

I wonder what is going on, haven't heard any updates on what the issue may have been or why funding is down still.

1 week later
#2646 1 year ago

Here you go!
Let us know which model you would like.
Deluxe $6599
Standard $5299
The game will come loaded with 90+ Golden Tee Courses plus 6 PGA Tour courses.
There are 2 purchasing options; Standard Cabinet and Deluxe Cabinet (*TV monitor not included with either cabinet). Also, please note; the Deluxe TV Stand will not work with the Standard Model. Again, the customer will not be able to add the Deluxe stand onto the Standard model.
The public release of the game is scheduled for 10/24/2022. That does not mean that you will get your game that day (or even that week), but that is when the release is supposed to happen.
[email protected]
www.KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 Christopher's Cell[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm glad this is finally coming but what is IT thinking with this pricing? $1300 for some leds, a marquee and a stand? Seems like they are taking advantage of people who will buy their top tier no matter what...

I'm scared to see what this will cost for us Canadians too. Going to be $8000+.

#2648 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

It says a free subscription with every purchase. Is that a year for the home? What does that cost? $100? Im a noob.

Yeah they usually come with a year subscription which is worth around $100.

#2650 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

So basically 1500 increase to get 6 PGA courses? 3800 to 5300?

Yeah more or less, the PGA version is an all new engine and graphics though which are fairly nice. It should future proof it for more features that they had to take away from the old game like rain and people on the course.
The old version is being phased out though so it's not really an option unless you can find vendors that still have stock of the legacy edition.

Legacy will continue to be supported with online and new courses for 4 more years but it sounds like they are no longer producing the old cabinets.

Also worth noting that the PGA courses are incredibly boring. Unless you're a huge fan of real golf you'll likely play them once and never again. In a game where you have wacky courses the simplistic nature of the PGA courses makes them really unfun to play. It's basically just driving to the fairway, then approach to the green and putt every single time.

#2652 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Do the classic courses look better in the new engine? Might be nice in that regard if they are higher rez.

The PGA cabinet supports 4k so they look better in that regard, but its pretty similar otherwise. Doesn't look like new assets or anything like that, from what I saw when I played it.

#2654 1 year ago

The PGA cabinet REQUIRES a 4k monitor (according to my latest email from IT).

That's interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

I shared the pricing on the facebook golden tee group and most people are surprised at how expensive the deluxe cabinet is, as expected.

It makes me wonder if IT is shooting themselves in the foot a little here by supporting legacy for 4 more years but pivoting to selling only the PGA cabinets. People have been very slow to adopt the PGA version and this might be a big drop off in revenue for them from the home market buyers. We'll see though, I'm sure lots of people will want to get their hands on the fancy new version but the regulars certainly don't seem to be jumping for the first opportunity.

They should do more on the software side to entice us to want to make the move. The PGA courses aren't going to do it and the club pass seems like a money grab to me. Not sure what else they can do but I'm interested to see how the next few years plays out.

#2659 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Is the 4 more years of support just online support? I thought it wasn't new courses, just online support?

I'm almost 100% certain it's 4 years of full support which includes the 5 new courses each year. PGA cabinets get the 5 fictional courses + 3 PGA courses each year.

Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m looking to get a golden tee for my game room. My only experience is playing the old arcade cabinets.
I don’t know anything about the different versions over the last few years. I’m doing some research on them now, but i figured I’d ask here if there’s a big improvement in the game year to year or if its minor changes and better graphics? Any year that is considered the best one or any bad years?

There is a big improvement between generations, (complete series to Live series, Live series to PGA series) but year to year within each generation the difference is more or less just the new courses. The graphical difference is minimal.
If you can get a golden tee live machine then gameplay and graphics wise they are all pretty similar, and every new year includes every previous year's courses so it would be hard to say if there is a "best" or "worst" year. Go for the newest one you can get your hands on or afford and you'll be satisfied. If you get a machine that is new enough it will be upgradable to '22 for a cost and can go online for $100 /year. From what I've seen if you're getting one that is running 2015 or newer it should have the hardware capable of being upgraded to the newest version. I find the '21 and '22 courses to be some of the best so if I was to make a recommendation I'd say to go as new as you can. Although '20 and '21 had a mode that let you play against the computer with John Daily being the hardest opponent which a lot of people liked and was removed in '22.

Quoted from PinJim:

I’ve been wondering the same. I can pick up an older version for under $1k. Do the newer ones really justify the price increase?

I think there is a big difference in the new one, but if you're just a casual player it likely isn't worth the extra cost. The new machines have online capabilities so you can have a persistent character with stats that accumulate, you can earn new clothing and gear as well as run custom bags and balls which change the way the game plays. Also if you go to the bar and play on a commercial machine you can use the same character as you use at home which is really nice.
The newer one obviously has much better graphics, a lot more courses (the final complete version has 29 courses, the current new version has 90 courses) and the gameplay is more nuanced. For example you can move your tee around in the tee box, do high and low tee shots for more or less loft and the physics are overall more refined. The overall feel is similar between the old and new games but the new one feels like a modern game while the old one feels like something from the 90's.
If you're familiar with MAME you can play the complete series on that emulator which would give you a feel for how much you like it.

Or you can go to a bar and play the newer version to get a feel for if you want that one. The machines are all over, there's a locator on their site that can tell you where the closest commercial location is.

#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

LOL. I know some people who will disagree about live to PGA being a big bump

I thought for sure I’d buy PGA day 1. But now that I see the pricing and the crazy insane markup for some lights and trim, I’m thinking maybe I’ll buy used in a few years when the current generation is no longer supported.
Also, I won’t have anything to play the arcade collection on as I’d sell my current game if I got PGA.
Also, the PGA reviews are SO bad.

Yeah you're not wrong about the jump between live and PGA, but I guess it's new hardware and higher resolution so it's more than the typical jump between years.
I played the PGA version twice at a local bar. It plays similarly enough to the legacy machine that it's not a bad experience, but it just feels unnecessary. The graphics are at best marginally better and the fact that you lose your character and all the gear you've earned/purchased over the years is annoying. The PGA courses are complete trash and after trying one we just went back to the classic courses. Funnily enough after 48 hours the contest we entered on the PGA course closed with exactly 0 other people playing it. So that shows how popular it is right now.

The most annoying thing is that they changed the layout of the buttons. It's all automatic for me and I found myself hitting the wrong button over and over, and then just as you get used to the new button layout you go back to your personal machine and start hitting the wrong buttons there.

I'm sure the new hardware is future proofing the series so they can make improvements over time but at this moment there is absolutely 0 reason to upgrade to PGA. Also the constant money grubbing with the club pass and seasons makes me not want to support it out of principle. Why are they charging us a monthly fee for something they used to give us for free? Could they really not come up with a way to monetize the game that wasn't predatory like this? It feels like a cheap mobile game and yet it costs $5 a round.

#2665 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

The price increase may also have to do with paying the PGA for the licensing fee.

That's got to be a part of it. It is kind of crazy though, after tax you're getting close to the price of a pro pinball machine and it's really just a low/mid-tier computer with a control panel and cabinet.

I've said all along that they can't lower the home edition price too much or it will cut into the commercial profits, which is why the Golden Tee GO price is not surprising... but at this price it really does feel like a lot for what you're getting. At least with a pinball machine you get all of the parts plus the proprietary boards running things. Golden tee really is just a standard computer. I heard the new PGA versions run a 1650 video card which is like $200. They're not exactly going nuts with the hardware you get. For $6k at least put a 1080 in there or something.

#2667 1 year ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Can you give me some details as to what you had to do to upgrade? is it just software, or did you need to buy new hardware? What was the total cost and who do you go through for the upgrade? I'm thinking about picking up a 2016 Live as well, and am completely blind to how all of this works. Thanks!

If you go back a page or two I explained the pricing tiers. You just contact IT and they will send you the update on a USB stick. It's generally $499 to upgrade and +$50 for each additional year you're behind with a cap at $699 I think.
If you are getting one that's running 2016 already it shouldn't need any new hardware but if you buy a commercial unit you need to pay an additional cost to convert to home edition and they will send you a new CID chip.

#2672 1 year ago

Questions - Do most GT owners or GT players only play GT or do they also like other rollerball games like SSX? Also wondering if you can only have one IT program would anyone pick Lawn Darts?

I saw a few playing SSX when the golden tee servers were down so they're definitely out there.

I could see myself playing the other games a lot more if they had similar support to GT, meaning online stat tracking, consistent updates etc. The others all seem pretty much abandoned by IT. I think SS has online at commercial locations but no online for HE and that prevents me from giving it a real chance. Same with Power Putt, I enjoy it a lot actually but it's just the same thing over and over. If it has 90 courses and online play like GT I could see myself playing it more than tee possibly.

Also I've heard bags and darts is a lot of fun I just haven't had a chance to try them yet. I did play a bit of that old arcade game Shuuz with some friends and it was a lot of fun.

#2681 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What's everyone's take on the new reward system, Club Pass? I had no idea this existed for PGA machines. It's similar to most free to play video games, play for some rewards, unlock the paid premium tier for more rewards which is $10.
One issue is that Golden Tee PGA is not free to play, so you have to pay to play and earn the rewards and then pay again, feels like double dipping. (And if you have the home edition, you just paid over $5K for the game...) Also, usually this type of reward system is either aesthetics only, or gives anything functional away in the free tier. Here, for tees and functional items you need to pay to be in the premium tier to get everything functional. Some functional items are available in the free tier.
On the other side of the coin, for free, at least this "season" you can earn a putter. Previously you could earn a putter semi-easily through the Real-Time Rivals mode, but that has been taken away. Also, you can earn some balls and tees on the free tier.
Usually with this model, you can earn enough credits to pay for the next season pass, all you have to do is play. Here, this season, if you pay $10 for the premium pass, and you play and earn tier 50, you will get $5 credit back to buy whatever or the next pass. So, I guess the cost is really closer to $5.
I'm not sure if you can earn items outside of this Club Pass feature, like you used to earn clothes for just getting so many Eagles, or Birdies or games played etc.
Paying for things you used to get for free sucks, but at least they are expanding on what you used to be given, and for $5, it's too little money to get pissed over.
My biggest issue, especially for home users, season two appears to have started 5/30/22 and ends 10/9/22. That's a long time, if you're a home user and you get to tier 50 in a month, you are playing for almost 5 months and earning nothing. Unless I'm wrong and you still earn items just for pure playing. Maybe someone can answer that.
EDIT: It just dawned on me that this last season of Club Pass might have been extended longer than normal due to their technical issues from a few weeks ago. It's possible not all seasons go on this long. Also, their video:

I think it's bullshit and cheapens the game. I know people will say "you spent $5k on the game and are complaining about $10?" but yes, I am. This is the kind of thing they put in a free to play game to generate revenue, it should not be in a game that we either spend $5/game on or $5k for, it makes it looks cheap. Maybe if it made every game I play commercially $4/game it would be something that makes sense, but the way it's setup right now is just a straight cash grab and taking advantage of those who live and breathe this game and will buy anything they release.
On top of that, as you mentioned, we used to get this stuff for free so it's a double slap in the face to charge us for it now.

Also I played a bunch of games on the PGA machine and never earned anything on ladder. My understanding is there are levels you earn and if you have the club pass you earn more but you should still be earning something by playing and leveling up without the club pass. This was not the case for me, whatever exp I was earning went into the void and didn't register at all on my PGA app.

I think IT should leave this stuff to their mobile and free games, it makes them look desperate and as much as I play golden tee I refuse to pay for this because it just rewards them for it.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that the machine I was playing on was still on '21 after '22 released so that might be why the exp I earned didn't' go towards the free side of the pass.

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yah, they seem to be going for some kind of free-to-play but pay us to play model. It’s strange for sure.
You’re right about being aggravated about $5 or $10, the problem is, how long before the price goes up and what does it go to?
I have a go with full 2022 online, card reader and arcade collection. I was going to keep my go for the 4 years then buy a used PGA. The problem is, in a few years, the damn things will probably be $1,500 more eating up most (or all, or more) of what I’d save used. It’s cheaper to buy it now. I believe they supported the live platform for 22 years so PGA should be around for a while. I doubt it’s a 3 or 5 year contract.
I do realize by buying PGA, I’m part of the problem.

I don't think it's that big of a problem to buy the PGA version, although I think anyone buying the deluxe SKU is a little nuts paying that much for a stand and some lighting.
Buying legacy now is tough because it's being phased out and as you said the PGA edition, or at least the current hardware will be supported for a long time based on their track record. I'd like to get a PGA edition once the legacy is no longer supported because I'm a big fan I'm just not sure I'll be able to justify the cost. Hopefully by then there will be used ones floating around for good prices.

I am interested to see how long the PGA branding lasts and how bad it ends up being for them supporting legacy for 4 more years when people are resisting the switch to the new version so much. The PGA courses are brutally boring and I'd be surprised if it really draws a lot of new people to the platform. I could see them ending the deal with PGA at some point but the current edition will just go back to basic Golden Tee branding.

Although I heard the world tournaments are going to be held on PGA machines from now on so that will probably get a lot of the hardcore players to switch over so they can be comfortable with it which in turn will spur more people to switch over as well.

#2691 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I can’t decide if it’s worth spending the extra on the pga standard edition. 5300 vs 4k for a new standard 22.
The rational part of me says to get the regular edition with like 100 courses and have plenty to play and enjoy even if new content doesn’t get released.
If you were adding a GT to your collection now what would you get?

Happy81724 is right on this one. You can get a used HE for under $3k and you'll have plenty of content for the next 4 years until they stop supporting legacy.

Quoted from Happy81724:

I’d buy a used 2021 or 2022 for 3k or less. That’s what I just did a couple weeks ago. The pga only adds I think 3 pga courses. That’s not much for the price difference in my opinion

They're up to 6 PGA courses now since PGA has been out two years. I'm telling you though they are the most boring courses you could possibly imagine. In a game where you can drive 400 yards around a dog leg or hit the green on some par 5s they make no sense. You just drive to the fairway, do an approach shot to the green and put. The putting is incredibly boring because golden tee gameplay is designed around 10 degree slopes and wacky tiered greens and every PGA tour green is just flat, at most 2 or 3 degrees. I played one PGA course and went back to the normal courses right away. In fact the contest I entered closed 48 hours later with no other players in it, that's how unpopular the PGA courses are.

#2693 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I was curious how the pga courses would be with the fun on golden tee being all the different unrealistic shots and courses you play. It’s definitely not a simulation game like the pga tours or pga 2k on the co consoles

They have been universally panned by everyone I've seen discuss the new version. A lot of people defend the PGA edition for the graphics, future proofing etc, but I have literally seen no one say the PGA courses are fun.

They might attract some casual players but there is literally no one who is experienced with the game playing them, they're just not fun.

#2698 1 year ago

You assume I'm OK with just the pedestal. I'm not.
Retail Price: $6599
Tax: $362.95
Shipping: $300
Total: $7,261.95
Yeah, you're right. I was wrong. It's not $7K

You guys have 5% tax? I really need to move... 14% here in Ontario, Canada. It's going to be over $10k for one of these in Canada after exchange, shipping and taxes. I paid less than that for my Iron Maiden pro. No idea who in their right mind is going to be paying that, I would have to play over 2000 games before it becomes cheaper than going to the bar. So far I've racked up just over 900 games in almost 3 years on my HE which I paid around $2400 for. (480 game break even)

The pricing just seems off on these new ones, especially when it comes with a damn 1650 video card. How are they expecting to run anything in 4k that looks nice on a 1650?

#2701 1 year ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Does anyone else think the graphics are very behind and the price very ahead ?
I love Golden tee and have enjoyed them for years but the actual courses and such seem a little outdated to me.
ESP compared to ps5 and newer systems
Just my opinion

Yeah I was hoping for more in the graphics department for the PGA machines. They went to 4k but it doesn't look like they upgraded the assets much. Also they use a 1650 video card which is not really sufficient for 4k graphics. I have no idea how that future proofs the system, people are going to need to upgrade graphics cards again if they want to improve the visuals any time in the future.

The PS5 is a $499 machine and has the equivalent of a 5700xt in it. For $6k IT surely could have put a much better video card in it without breaking the bank.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1650-vs-AMD-RX-5700-XT/4039vs4045

5700xt performs at least twice as fast as the 1650. 1650 is like a $200 card. Even a 1080ti is not great at 4k for modern games and that's three times faster than the 1650. For a $6k machine I'd expect something like a 2080 in it.

#2703 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

is it a standard motherboard that will let you upgrade in future? Like it they coded an upgrade and let you stick a 3060 in it or something later? I got an email from pinballpro saying I can pre order PGA but im waiting for Zach at flipNout. So hes checking for me if I can order now. Ive been waiting for PGA as I didnt want to order 2022 when its about to be replaced.

Yeah it's all standard PC components and I imagine they may include drivers for more video cards at some point but it seems weird not to do it now since one of their big reasons for this move was future proofing and standardizing the hardware.

That's why if you play on a legacy machine you'll see some older courses can have rain, or a ball trail on the green and some other courses don't have that because at some point it became too much for the older machines to handle.

#2705 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Feels like the GPU choice was made back when the crypto squeeze was making GPU’s the price of alphanumeric pinball machines. At least one data point anyway. The pessimist says they just put the cheapest POS inside they could find that let them check the 4K box on the flyer.

Yeah good point, I forgot this machine was starting to come out around that time when it was rather hard to get good GPUs and anything decent was being priced out of the market.

I know the legacy machine supports several GPUs so maybe we'll see better ones supported at some point but I think they want all machines to be on the same standard so I doubt it would mean anything substantial in terms of graphics.

#2706 1 year ago

I made this if anyone wants to 3d print a dust cover for their machine.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5564297/files

trackballcover (resized).jpgtrackballcover (resized).jpg
#2708 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's so nice, maybe because it's been a while, that I've seen someone create something and not try and charge $15 for it.
Maybe more of a suggestion then question, would it be better to have a short flat lip protruding from the cover to go over the area between the edge of the control panel and the cover on the ball? Or is that silly and we are just worried about dust getting on the ball itself?

There's a small rim around the ball and this rests on that so I think it's pretty well covered. Your idea would probably provide maximum coverage but I think this is probably sufficient.

#2711 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I hadn’t been paying attention until PGA home was announced, but has anyone noticed the same club pass season start over every week with same rewards and the timer reset to end in a week?
What’s up with that?

If you're on facebook you can ask on the Golden Tee Quality Assurance board. The staff got back to me VERY quickly when I reported an issue with the club pass lol. I'm not sure if what you're seeing is a bug or expected behavior but they'll be able to tell you.

1 week later
#2721 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Anyone have a PGA at home yet?

I've seen a few people on facebook who were able to get them early. One picked up locally from IT directly.

Also new tee boxes finally came out yesterday. I like them, the '22 courses seem better with the raised tee boxes and new positions.

1 week later
#2724 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got a great deal on a Golden Tee Go V1 updated to V2 software and online.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty cool that it can go online. It's a bit of a shame that it doesn't have all of the courses but honeslty me and my friend play the '21 and '22 courses 90% of the time so it's not like we're using all 90 courses. That thing seems like a good value if you can get a deal on it.

#2736 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really like this track ball dust cover but I do not own a 3d printer. Can anyone make me one and I will pay for your time/effort and shipping. Or does anyone know where I can get one?

Where are you located? There is someone on facebook who sells them, I've seen his listing on ebay too. I can ship one for you but I'm in Canada so shipping might end up being more than you want to pay.

You can sign in using the card-less ID option, but if you want to participate in Home Edition Events, you'll need to swipe. When I had one of these, I cut a hole in the rear and mounted the card reader in the back:
[quoted image]

Weird, you can use the cardless ID to sign into home events on the HE units. Wonder why that wouldn't work on go.

Quoted from PoMC:

Where did you install the card reader? Are the player cards just so you don't have to enter your initials each game or do they have other features?

Player card will sign you into your online account, so it's more than just putting your initials on you will have a persistent character who earns gear, has tracked stats etc. If you want a player card sign up through the app or online at livewire.itsgames.com and they will mail you a card. Or they used to. They've moved to a keypad entry only system with the PGA machines so they might have stopped sending out cards.

#2738 1 year ago

KEYPAD - you can use the keypad to sign into events. But the on-screen cardless sign-in is NOT allowed for events sign-in. Or at least it wasn't in 2021. Can you sign into an event using the "lost card ID" on-screen now?

Ah I see. I've never tried that option so not sure if it works now. I know they added a digital keypad to '22 so you can input your cardless ID without having a keypad but not sure if that would work for events.

#2748 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I received my new Golden Tee Go base/stand today.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. And that looks like a fun room! Looks like a lot of fun stuff to admire.

#2753 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Hey gents,
I have zero experience with golden tee but I'm thinking of getting one for my bar/sim area. Likely wont get played a ton but that's okay.
Locally, there's 2 options both in very similar conditions.
Option 1: 2020 Commercial Unit with Stand
Option 2: 2021 Home Edition
Commercial one is approximately $300usd more
Both include tv's that I would replace. I'm not sure if I need the stand or not. I like it for the wire management but still not sure.
Is there a clear winner? Does one have more coureses? For the casual environment, I'm not super concerned about having the 2022 added courses. Im also aware of Live but I'm not sure if it's something I have to get with the commercial unit.
Thoughts? And thank you for you help.

If you want to get online you have to convert the commercial to a home version which costs some money, so consider that.

What KingPinGames said is true about the hardware but if they are new enough to be on 2020 then they will have hardware that is capable of playing the newer stuff, although the graphics card or CPU could be outdated a bit. Ask them both to show you a pic of the hardware menu and check if either has outdated hardware compared to the other.

2021 only has 7 more courses than 2020 so that shouldn't be a deal breaker either way, although I think the '21 courses are some of the best out there.

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Do you guys think the PGA Tour 2022 home edition is worth the extra grand over regular 2022 home? While nice I don't care too much about the six real world courses, and having an NFC pad seems unnecessary for the home, but the 4K. The 4K is intriguing. Also comes with a year free subscription. And, uh, cup holders.
They haven't been out long so I don't think a lot of people have had a chance to try one, but if you have, really wondering if 4K even matters with these low detail courses in the first place.

They've been out commercially for a while now and are hugely unpopular. The 4k doesn't make much of a difference because it's the same engine as before, not really an upgrade. And the PGA courses are insanely boring.

The only reason it's worth getting at home right now is for future proofing. The old one will be unsupported in 4 more years.

The way PGA is panning out right now I'd get the normal one. 4 years is a long time and by then if you're still playing and into it you can sell that one and buy the PGA. The old 2d version still sells like crazy on the used market so there will be no shortage of people wanting to buy the legacy edition in 4 years if you chose to get the PGA.

There are actually vendors who are putting their PGA machines up for auction because no one is playing them. IT made a big mistake having both lines going simultaneously for so long, people are really resistant to moving over to the PGA because the hardcore players find it annoying for various reasons. (button placement changed and some clubs play differently)

#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

PGA is a no brainer.
To spend that much money on a 2022 that’s going to be crippled by no updates or online play in 3 or 4 years is tough. Also, if you get tired of it and want to sell, as that end date approaches, value of old machines will plummet.
If you don’t want to play online, or update, and don’t care about future value, and you can get a deal on the old system, it might be worth it.

Golden tee 2005 complete machines still sell for over $1000 where I live! Prices will definitely go down when the support stops but I think they're going to hold their value pretty well even after. Enough that you if you want to upgrade to PGA it will take a decent chunk out of the cost.
There are lots of people on the golden tee buy/sell facebook page who are happy with the old version, it surprises me how much staying power it has.

That being said if it's not a matter of cost and you're new to golden tee I think it makes sense to get the PGA one now so you don't have to change over. It just seems so expensive when you can get used home versions for under $3000 and it's basically the identical game.

#2766 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There is a lot wrong with the PGA release. But none of it matters all that much. Also, the majority of those issues are short term. Pro players will all go PGA when they start using PGA for tournaments.
If there is a decent chance you want a supported and connected unit in 3.5 years, buy a PGA. If not, save some cash. That’s all it comes down to.
Golden Tee kinda sucks offline, you miss out on a lot.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how attitudes shift when they start using the PGA machine in tournaments. I heard the next big world tournament will be using them and I see some bigger players like the mouth are making the switch so maybe more will follow.
I'd be interested if the Canadian exchange rate wasn't so bad right now. It's going to be super expensive here. Also Canada still has no invites or prize play beyond the weekly even which is lame.

#2769 1 year ago

You're right. It's a flop, ignore it. Buy a legacy for $3000 less, keep it updated for 4 more years. The PGA Tour platform is a joke.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like the PGA version is not working out well. I always thought "Won't players be able to drive nearly every single green of a real course with GT style play"? Yup, that's not a lot of fun when the courses just look normal as they do in real life. The appeal of GT for many has always been the whacky unrealistic but fun courses, that element just doesn't exist with real courses.

I wouldn't call it a flop but they made some very questionable decisions. They changed things that didn't need to be changed and didn't change things that needed changing.

The main complaints are pretty minimal, those being the button placement and deck angle changing. It made no sense to change either of those things and if you're someone who has built up muscle memory over 20 years it's super frustrating. I've only been playing for 2 years, have about 1000 games under my belt and the frustration of the button layout changing is pretty high. Yeah I'll end up getting used to it if I play the PGA machine exclusively but for the next 4 years you're going to be hitting the wrong buttons over and over.

Some people also have been complaining that a few clubs play differently and the chipping is different but I've only played like 10 games on the PGA machine and it felt pretty similar to me.

What needed to change was the engine and the graphics and they basically made them the same. It's a higher resolution but the assets don't seem any better so it's pretty underhwleming.

And most of all the PGA branding and the cost that comes along with it just feels so unnecessary. The PGA courses are absolute dogshit. You just drive to the fairway, shoot for the green and putt. Over and over. Or you drive a par 4 right to the green. At least the GT courses that are drivable 4s have some trickiness to them, unlike the gentle doglegs of a real course. No one is going to play them other than casuals.

Also losing all of the wacky outfits for characters is a bummer. Everyone looks so boring and the same with PGA, but I'm sure the PGA wouldn't allow people to be in their underwear with weed leafs on their ball, so we're stuck with a bunch of boring clothes no one will care about.
And then finally there's the club pass, a pathetic cash grab that looks really bad on a game that costs $5 a round already. Keep that shit on mobile.

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This.
But I'd also like to add the position it put operators in. The operators who bought PGA did it because it was the latest and greatest and they wanted to offer that, but also didn't pull their legacy machines because they make good money. A lot of times, PGA machines were more expensive, so people just played the cheaper legacy machine right next to it.
I would not tell anyone who has a legacy machine and is happy with it to go get a PGA. 4 years is a long time, a lot can happen, do what's best for you. But for someone new, or buying their first cab, Golden Tee sucks offline, go PGA.

Where I live it's $5 a round legacy or PGA, but I have seen people complaining that PGA machine enforces a $5/round fee while legacy can be cheaper so it means some operators are not getting a lot of plays on their PGA machines. That will definitely be a factor over the next few years.

BTW Norddalen released today. It's pretty fun. Nothing special, no super wacky shots like Petra. It's very nice looking and seems like it will be one of the higher scoring courses from this year.

EDIT: Someone in Warsaw, MO just posted a 21 HE for $2600 on Facebook. Anyone who is in driving distance of that should go get it!

#2774 1 year ago

Which will cost you $3000+ after you upgrade it to 2022, which is right in the ball park for legacy pricing. Not a fantastic deal, but could be a good one depending on cabinet condition.

I thought the legacy was still like $4500?
This one looks brand new and is probably the cheapest I've seen so definitely not a bad deal, but maybe not a steal.

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

The commercial unit is the only one available. The other ones sold but I can get a deal on a new home version. Doesn’t sound like the commercial guy knows very much about them. How would he access the menu so I could see the hardware?
I would like to walk him through it, or go through it when I am there looking at it

What smalltown guy said, there should be a button or a dipswitch you have to flick to get into the menu. I just wired up a button directly to mine so I can go into the menus quickly.

#2782 1 year ago

I would if they would allow invites in Canada... it's so annoying, all we get is the weekly event.

#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Well my 2 deals didn't work out. The commercial unit was not the best condition and the seller for the 2021 Home edition ended up keep it.
I'm starting to lean towards the Golden Tee Go V2. Prefer version 1 but that thing is a ghost. Is the a golden tee forum where I may be able to snag a V1 Go?
Those who own the original and have played the Go version... thoughts?
I have not interest in playing online and it will simply be beers and golf occasionally. I have a vacation home and I would be able to bring this up for the summer or weekends with buddies etc.
Thanks again.

There is a golden tee machines open posting board on facebook but it's 99% US people and you rarely if ever see Go machines posted there. To be honest I never see them posted anywhere, I've seen it on ebay once or twice but they seem pretty rare and all of the golden tee stuff is 10x less available in Canada. We get pretty screwed being in Canada when it comes to this game.

#2791 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Does the new pga come with the other courses in 21 & 22 versions ? Or just the pga new courses and that's it ?

The PGA version has all of the normal edition courses plus the PGA courses. So if you get a 22 machine you'll get Norddalen, Petra etc.

BTW I'm really enjoying Norddalen. It's pretty easy but the graphics looks very nice and it's pretty fun to shoot. Nothing tricky, just need to nail some tight greens and play clean.

#2793 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It’s the legacy machines that don’t have the PGA courses, so if you want all the courses you have to buy PGA.
The PGA courses suck right now, but apparently changes are coming to help that a little, apparently a new putting system is coming. Once that happens they can incorporate the topography of the real world greens. Could be years though.

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that. If they keep the putting feeling the same but make it so greens can have more finely defined breaks rather than just being flat slopes that would be pretty neat.

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The impression that I got, is that it won't feel or act the same. Which is fine honestly, right now it's too simplistic. For PGA courses, with challenging puts, the approach shot would be much more critical, balancing out the courses potentially fixing them.

Sounds like it's going to be a while then. I really doubt they will make any meaningful changes like that until the legacy machines are retired. If it only applies to PGA courses I guess it could come sooner but that seems like a strange choice to make too.

Their tech does seem pretty ancient though. Games like iRacing have had laser scanned tracks for a decade so you can feel every bump on the road. Something similar for the PGA courses would be neat. You're right that approach shots would become a lot more meaningful if you had to consider your path to the hole from where you land rather than just distance.

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from rwh143:

I just purchased pga and enjoying it. I would love to seen them utilize the touch screen for a scorecard or other in game info. Im also hoping they eventually offer arcade collection to pga cabinet owners. Everyone doesn’t have room two cabinets. Lots of potential for the new platform.

This was one of my first thoughts too. I want to be able to see my whole bag on the touch screen and be able to choose clubs and spin by touching it. Or maybe an overhead map of the hole that you can use to look around. Even something like seeing your clothing and being able to select it there would be something.
It seems really underutilized just being a blank screen while you play.

If you really want the arcade collection you can use a switcher and have two computers in the one cabinet but I've always felt that seemed excessive and the price adds up fast. There are people on facebook who can provide all of the stuff to do it though if that's what you wanted.

#2800 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Or put a skip turn button for those of use who like to play with other one hole at a time.
Gotta say though, I’ve had mine 2 weeks and I love it. One huge issue is this club pass. I’m at level 48, it’s not great that I had to pay money for it and now I’m playing for 3+ months not earning rewards. It has 50 levels, it really needs 300 or a different system all together for us home people.

Thats the best idea I've seen yet for using the screen. Just having the pause menu on there at all times would be really nice.

And I've heard the same complaint about the club pass. It's too easy to hit 50

#2802 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There are so many excellent ways to use that screen. But will they implement any of them?

Doubtful. I get the impression IT doesn't care much about Golden Tee and their development resources are very tight these days. They have a big slots/casino division and seem to put a lot of effort into promoting their mobile games. I've also seen the numbers and GT's audience has been steadily declining for several years now.

There is a hardcore base who seem to be keeping it afloat. Many of the hardcore players make 5 figures a year playing contests and it's all paid out by entry fees so IT must be making a decent amount from them but the volume just probably isn't there.

I think the PGA deal was an attempt at reviving its popularity with casuals but I don't see that working.

#2808 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Just received a Pga standard machine.
Why don’t these come with marquees anymore?
Also, am I the only dumb one to move a new pga
Standard down 15 steps completely by myself?

The only version with the marquee is the deluxe one. Its like an extra $2k for a tv stand and some led lights/marquee. Pretty insane.

Quoted from Viggin900:

Old school GT 97-2K question?
After you hit the ball does the roller ball control any thing else? I can't tell if I get backspin or top spin when playing? Seems to but there is no information anywhere I can find to confirm it?

There are no spin options in the old version.

#2812 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Someone tell me how to open up the PGA standard machine? My last unit had keys.
I must be missing something here

There are screws in the front under the control panel that need to be removed to open it.

#2814 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Ok thank you I liked the old keyway better but whatever

Yeah, one more of those things that didn't need changing that they messed with!

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from Alansavicki:

jalpert looks like this, this is what I csn find in the settings. I paid 1k for it. Is it worth upgrading or anything I can do or should I try to get a refund? New video card would be amazing if that works. It has a TV and the stand with it as well.

$1k is not a terrible price. If you want to go online I would suggest also upgrading to 2022 at the same time so you can make use of all of the features. Otherwise you're pretty much just paying for stat tracking.

https://amusement.itsgames.com/downloads/manuals/Video%20Card%20Compatibility.pdf

Here is a list of compatible video cards.

#2825 1 year ago

The 9500 CANNNOT do any resolution above 720p. You don't need more ram, IT's programs ignore everything above 1gig anyway.
If you bought that game for $1000 - you STOLE it! It IS in fact a dedicated commercial pedestal. The CID inside that game alone is worth more than you paid for the whole thing. Well done!!
Thanks for posting your system info screen. The DG41 motherboard is a very capable motherboard, as is the 9500 video card. That particular setup is capable of running all 4 of Incredible Technoligies' games (Golf, Silver Strike, Power Putt, and Target Toss bags and lawn darts) with zero modifications. Sweet!
Here's the big secret with the Incredible Technologies Nighthawk systems: for the past 10 years, they've remained largely unchanged. The computers found inside those metal boxes have been running the same software since basically 2012. Yes, there have been newer motherboard and graphics cards used along the way, but that has been largely due to manufacturers discontinuing support of hardware as new hardware is released. Your system is fully capable of running the current version of Golden Tee 2022 right as it sits.
Now, to updates:
Being that your machine is running 2018 software, you will need to purchase a software upgrade from Incredible Technologies. The pricing to upgrade a machine starts at $400 for a machine that is one year out of date, and goes up by $50 each year your machine is out of date. For your machine, it would be $550 (before tax and shipping) to get that machine upgraded from 2018 to 2022.
The other thing we don't know for sure is whether or not your 2018 machine is running the commercial version (for money play) of the software, or the home edition version. I'm guessing it's probably running the commercial version, but perhaps set to freeplay. In order to "convert" the machine from commercial to home, you'll also need to purchase a new security chip for your I/O board. Incredible Technologies may actually provide this new security chip for free as part of the $550 you'll pay to upgrade from 2018 to 2022, but perhaps not. The replacement chip is $110 before tax and shipping.
Lastly, if you plan to play online to track your individual stats and participate in invites and events, you'll need to register the game for online play with ITnet. The online subscription to have your game green-lighted for online play is $99 per year, or $9.99 per month.
One note: if the previous operator who owned the machine hasn't processed a de-registration of the machine from their account, the machine might actually be listed in the servers at IT as still registered to the commercial operator. You'll need to double check with IT to determine if the machine has been deregistered or not.
If you're not interested in playing online, there are cheaper options to get your game upgraded to a newer year of Golden Tee. Many people online offer a security chip and hard drive package for converting your machine to run a different year of the game. Keep in mind though, if you didn't buy your upgrade from Incredible Technologies, you WON'T be able to put your game online, as they will have no record of your machine being updated to run the software you are running. You'll be forced to pay them the full upgrade cost just to get your machine online. For that reason, it's important to understand what direction you want to go in before choosing to upgrade.
Speaking of upgrades, if you wanted to upgrade the computer motherboard and/or graphics card, there are plenty of off-the-shelf options to do that. But since your motherboard will work with every game IT runs, it's probably not necessary. The only thing you're missing out on is 1080p versus 720p. And to be quite honest, aside from some slight graphics things in golf (blades of grass waving in the wind, ripples on water in the wind, etc) you probably wouldn't notice the difference anyway. I'm too busy enjoying the game to get wrapped up in the minutia of framerates and resolution. Besides, if you really cared about those kinds of things, you're probably a computer gamer anyway and you already understand how woefully old this tech actually is LOL.
Lastly, there are ways to get the other games (Silver Strike, Power Putt minigolf, Target Toss bags and lawn darts) to run on your system without adding much hardware. It's possible to have what's known as a "4-in-1" system running all of the games IT made. You might be surprised how little you would need to pay to achieve that.
I'm a wealth of info on this hardware. Feel free to ask questions, I'll try to assist.

Wow nice rundown. Isn't there one more factor when it comes to the hardware in these things that affects certain animations, like the wiggle as you player stands at the tee and you prepare to shoot? I think it depends on your CPU, or is the GPU that determines if you get that?

#2827 1 year ago

Man, somehow I KNEW that was gonna come up. Ugh.
Yes, there are "extra animations" (like the waggle you mention) that will run if you are running a "white listed" motherboard and processor. I've seen the animations using the 9500, so I don't think the video card is part of that whitelist.
From what I recall the Intel DB75EN and IMBM B75-A motherboards (with appropriate CPU's for each) are the common players for those animations.
I don't care about the animations for the same reason I don't care about 720p. If you're sitting there on the tee long enough to allow your golfer to waggle, then you're fucking around too long and wasting time. Just play the damn game.

lol, I agree the animations are nothing to be concerned about, just thought I'd ask since your response was so complete!

This is it if anyone cares... not something you'd want to spend money to get.

#2833 1 year ago

Time to get this topic back in track with some bowling talk. I have been playing a lot of Silver Strike on my console. I have been wondering if it was possible to score over 200. To date I reached high 180’s and low 190’s before. I usually bowl in a party of 3 women rolling 13 lb balls and 4th player is a left handed male with 12 lb balls. Since I have to customize the guy to be a lefty, I’ll usually change his face too. That’s funny because you see your players face 0% of the time during game play.
Tonight I did it, bowling 224. I missed 20 points from late rolling in both the 2nd and 7th frames. That brings 250 into possible range. This may be a peak or just a stopping point on the way to greatness.
[quoted image]

I've only played SS a few times but a perfect game is definitely possible. I remember seeing the 300 club on the official site.

https://livewire.itsgames.com/ssb/club300

#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hello , Newbie here. The post above from small townguy was very helpful thanks man. I currently have a Target toss / bags pedestal. We have had it for a couple years and our neighbors and friends love coming over having some drinks and playing. I am going to update that to the 3-1 arcade classic. I found someone on the Golden Tee open forum who will sell me the upgrade kit for it for $2,000 Pretty sure my system will work. Pic attached of existing hardware.
So for the golden tee. This is wear I am back and forth on what to do. Do I spring for the new PGA cabinet for $5289. There is a golden tee go upgraded to HE 2022 for $3500 local to me for sale or do I try and find a HD 2021 or 2022 for sale by me.
[quoted image]

I think it depends on two things. Your budget and how hardcore of a GT player you are. If you're more casual, don't care about online events etc the GO is probably a pretty good choice. If you want to be up to date, able to play invites and events for money the PGA or a HE is the way to go depending on your budget. If you know you'll still be playing in 3-5 years get the PGA and you'll be set for a long time.

#2841 1 year ago

True, being able to play against the computer is fun but I think the 2022 courses are some of the best, so you'd be missing out on that.

#2844 1 year ago

I've had the 2021 HE for about a year. I'm still trying to make my way through the RTR ladder. Does anyone know of a good resource for learning how to shape/curve shots. I'm getting the basics. But I have a feeling there's more I don't know. I'm still using the standard clubs/ball.

https://www.youtube.com/@themouth411

I saved a lot of strokes by playing the RTR ladder and trying to copy the computer's shots. I also got a lot better when I started watching Marc's streams and youtube videos. He does overviews of each course to explain how to play each shot and gives a ton of tips. Also does a weekly stream where he teaches a lot of good stuff and you can ask questions.

There are a lot of intricacies to shooting well, like understanding that irons come in shallow and roll to their target while woods come in with more loft. The 9 wood is broken and shoots quite a bit further than its marker so you have to always be aware of that. Dealing with wind takes practice too. If you have a headwind you will almost get a backspin effect on landing, a tail wind does the opposite so you have to adjust your spin accordingly.

If you are curving a shot you will get less distance, however if you do a full shot like a C-3 or A-1 you can get more distance in some situations.
Elevation matters too. If the pin is below where you're shooting from you're going to get a lot more distance.

A lot of it is just getting a feel for how much A or C you need to counteract the wind or curve around obstacles. That comes with time and practice really. I always think of it as the pullback being where you want the ball to end up and the forward stroke to be what path you want it to take. So if you have a long dog leg right you pull back towards the A and forward stroke towards the 2. If you have an obstacle in your face though you'd have to pull back towards the A and forward towards the 1 so it starts more left. It just takes a lot of games to get used to the feeling.

Also you should look into trying different balls. The stout is considered the cheater ball because it cuts all wind in half. It's what a lot of the pros use because it just makes dealing with wind easier. Those 14mph winds are cut to 7mph which is a lot easier to deal with.
Bag depends on the course sometimes but I use the same bag for every course. I copied it from the mouth's setup but have one more chipper in there since I like to have the F wedge to get out of deep bunkers and the G wedge to actually chip with. I've always found the hybrid clubs really hard to use so I don't have any of them.

Here is the bag I use and it seems to do me pretty well on most courses.

#2846 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

There is no such thing as a “flop” wedge. That insults me as a golf pro. Hahaha
I use the stock set and beat the whole ladder. I shoot -20 to -30 every time using the stock clubs.

Yeah something I've learned from watching a lot of the tournaments is that you can do well with any clubs or balls. It all comes down to preference.

#2848 1 year ago

Thanks for the tips. I'll keep plugging away trying different shots. It would be kinda nice to have a driving range mode just to play around. My handicap is hovering around -13. Gotta get that closer to -20.

I think one of the older versions had a driving range. The closest you can get to it now is to choose casual mode and use mulligans to take the same shot several times so you can adjust and get a feel for what changes.

#2852 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I want to thank Anony for hooking a brother up. The 3D printed golf ball dust cover fits perfect and looks great. I like it better than the one on Epay with the GT logo on it. Thanks again [quoted image]

Nice! Glad it arrived safely. It looks even better on the green deck.

#2854 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes and gave the extra one to a buddy and made his day as well
I have learned lots of unique shots and different approaches by playing the real time rivals. Making observations on clubs they use, and different paths has taught me to take more risk shots to reduce number of shots. Learning from the Pros

Yeah I think half the battle of getting good scores in this game is knowing where to shoot. Every course tends to have at least one or two holes where there is a shortcut or way to hit an eagle that isn't obvious if you're always looking to shoot the way you would in traditional golf.

You should be able to eagle just about every par 5, and many par 4's assuming the tee box you get isn't super far from the green.

Best example is Anse Cocos hole 5. I always used to go around the right but then I saw this video and I started getting eagles on it.

#2857 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Got my PGA Tour in today and it was tough getting up three flights, but as with all this stuff, you take your time and rest often and it goes a lot more smoothly. Although when we got it to the steep and narrow staircase it almost came back down on me a few times, especially when I had to lean it all the way back into my body to clear a low ceiling while still trying to lift it up the steps. A hairy few minutes there.
Anyway, set it up and connected to wifi, works fine, loving it so far! Already getting the feel down, improved a few strokes from game 1 to 2, and then in game 3 got a -8 at Nihon Yoru even with a double bogey and a triple. Very fun. I have a bunch of newbie questions that don't seem answered anywhere in their very slim documentation.
- I'm confused on registering the machine. I scanned a QR code, filled in the blanks on the page it took me to, and now it takes a day or two to hear back about my machine being registered? Will it just magically be registered at some point?
- Can I play for money and prizes on a home machine? I thought you could but the manual says all the prize, money, and reward modes can't be turned on in a home unit. That would be disappointing if I can't, but I guess people could cheat if they're at home? I could have sworn I saw people playing in money tournaments at home on youtube.
- What is the Livewire site (https://livewire.itsgames.com/) and do I need to make an account there?
- How do you scroll through course stats in the attract screen?
I'm sure these are basic ass questions, but I've looked all over for an answer the last hour and couldn't find anything.

Not sure about the QR code, that sounds different than when I registered my machine. For mine I called them up and had them change it over to my details and then activate the online subscription. It can take a day or two though, it's a very manual process on their end.

You can play for money on a home machine but it depends on if the state you live in allows for that kind of thing. You should be able to play the weekly event under online - event in the menus, and you should be able to create invites to play against people directly and the winner takes the money minus a fee IT gets. There might be more but I'm in Canada and we have almost no prize play options here, so I'm not certain which ones are commercial only.

Livewire is the site you can go to and see all of your stats, change your gear etc. You can either sign up there to make a character or use the app (make sure you get the PGA app and not the legacy one) and it will track your stats and let you participate in all of the online modes.

Progressing the attract mode is done with the spin button. You can't go back though, just jump forward a screen at a time.

#2863 1 year ago

Incorrect. You can play "invites" on a clubhouse (home) machine, and some of those invites might have a cash bounty (set by the person who created the invitational), but you cannot play for direct cash prizes on a clubhouse machine.

There's event mode too where you can win money. What's the distinction though? I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

#2865 1 year ago

You cannot participate in commercial PGA Tour Golf live events on a clubhouse machine.

There is a commercial event and a home event, they are separate but both pay out money. Here is the page for the current PGA home event.

https://livewire.itsgames.com/gt/contest/events?isHomeEvent=true

#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Thanks for the help. My machine got activated today and I made an account (username: VALIS) and sent out friend requests to the two of you who just posted their usernames. Anyone feel free to send me a friend request. It seems like we can make a group and play tournaments against each other?
I can see my stats and character on the app and the Livewire site, but that's about all I understand at this point. Such as, my clothes options are different on every login. On the cabinet, I have 2-3 options for each category, on the app I have 1 for each category, on the website I can't access clothes at all. Are there just no clothes yet for PGA Tour while there's 100s of options for GT 2022? That would be weak.
Also, how do you get globally ranked? I've played 3 live tournaments and 3 online 18 hole courses but am not globally ranked. I am already in silver bracket though... whatever that means.

Your global ranking is done monthly and you have to play the 5 new courses for it to update. Your rank is based on your best scores this month of the 5 current courses.
If you go to the app and hit stats and then hit the world rankings button you will see your current scores and place. It doesn't use Norddalen though, it uses Champ 99 which is lame.

If you're on '22 you should be earning clothes as you play with the exp you get after each game. If you want to earn more clothes you have to buy the club pass.
Apparently they will be adding most of the clothes from the legacy machines to PGA but no ETA on when that's going to happen. Right now options are sparse.

#2876 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Thanks. Where do you find all your info, btw? Is there a good GT forum or Facebook group or Youtube/Twitch channel(s)? I just joined a handful of GT Facebook groups so I guess I'll find out. GT on Youtube/Twitch seems pretty light. There's the official channel then it's pretty sparse from what I can find.

I have nothing going on this weekend, I'll definitely play.

Golden Tee Fan on facebook is by far the biggest and most active group. All of the best players in the world chat there and if you have any issues with your hardware or want advice you'll get answers in minutes if you post there. They have a discord as well that is somewhat active but not like the facebook group.
There's a home edition owner's group too as well as some others but the userbase overlaps a lot with Golden Tee Fan, that's really the only one you need to be on.

There are a few players who stream and I think there's a podcast as well, but I only follow Marc. He's one of the best and he holds the lowest score record for shooting a -52 on an event! His streams are great because he's always explaining what his thought process is for a shot and he interacts with the chat so you can ask questions.

#2881 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Any Canadians play online through a US ip address?

I think you need to register your CID with a US address too. Possibly need a US character too, I've heard of Americans not being able to log in with their normal account when they're up here. It would be nice though, I hate the lack of options we get.

#2892 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hello I picked up a HE today. The build date on the cabinet says 2018 but it’s running 2021. Do I just call IT to try and upgrade to 2022 or is there a certain department I need to call. Also the guy I bought it from had it online and when I got it home I connected it to my wife. Does that mean he paid the $100 yearly subscription. I created a Livewire account.

If it was green lighted it sounds like he still has time on his online subscription or he forgot to turn off auto renew.

And yeah if you want to upgrade to '22 or get onto your own subscription you call their sales department, or anyone you can get a hold of on the phone really. They'll be able to re-register the CID to your information and get you started with the update. There is usually an e-mail form you can find to send in but phoning is typically quicker once you're able to get someone to pick up.

#2896 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Well I just got an email back from IT .
Paul
You will need to purchase your own subscription if you would like to play online, as this CID# has been unregistered from the previous owner.
Interesting since it shows I am green lighted and online and my scores are updating to my livewire account.

I thought it would stay green lighted until they register the CID under the new owner's info, but it sounds like the previous owner did unregister so probably just IT being IT lol. They aren't exactly the smoothest running operation these days. Everything is manual so they may just be slow getting it all changed.

Get the CID registered to your own name and you'll be all set to get your own subscription and update to '22.

#2897 1 year ago

Just noticed I'm at 999 games played. Pretty sure I got the machine just under 2 years ago so I've definitely got my money's worth playing about 500 games a year.

Screenshot_20221205-123831 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221205-123831 (resized).png
#2915 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I got a quote difference of 900 bucks between the too...in my opinion the value step is a no brainer for 900 bucks if I am getting a pga

That's interesting. The MSRP is actually closer to a $2000 difference between the models so I wonder if they are jacking up the basic version's price or is it the other way around?

Quoted from VALIS666:

Oof, I had a rough time, and my misleading -5 handicap made it worse. I earned that handicap playing the PGA modeled courses when the GT specific ones are much trickier with water everywhere. I have an elite talent for bouncing off the green and landing in the water. 6 times this round, I think. That's 12 strokes right there. My approach and wedge game is awful, just haven't found the touch yet. But I have had the game for less than a week. I wish on the home units you could just do a driving range or pitch and putt practice.
But despite yelling and screaming every time my ball hit the green and bounced 20 feet sideways into the water, I had fun! Definitely in for more.

Advice for approach shots is to pay attention to the shot meter at the bottom after each shot. You want to get a feel for the MPH you will be hitting every time. 100 MPH will get you close to the distance of the club but whether it lands and rolls there or gets there in the air depends on the type of club you're using.
Woods will come in with more loft and land closer to the distance marker and irons will land earlier and roll to the marker. So if you're approaching with an iron and don't want to end up short you need to give it a bit more power, or some roll/release.
Wedges obviously are all loft so they will land right at the marker with no wind.

Also be aware the 9 wood is broken, it shoots 10-20% longer than its distance marker says so you can end up past the green really easily if you don't realize that.

#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Huge golden tee fan, just ordered a new PGA cab, I opted for just the pedestal and the stand so it would take up less space.
Is the Showcase really that big? Says 53" wide...That's enormous in my opinion.
Am I making a mistake not getting the showcase cab?

I think the pedestal on its own looks really slick, when you add the showpiece stand it starts to look like something out of a Dave & Busters. Bright blue LEDs that you can't turn off might be an issue depending where in your house you have it set up.

I also don't think the price increase of the showpiece is justified. For almost $2k you get a stand and some blue lights/marquee. It seems over priced to me.

If you need a night light though...
313178313_10222213236174930_4210010953898891926_n (resized).jpg313178313_10222213236174930_4210010953898891926_n (resized).jpg

#2925 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Good tips, thanks. Does backswing matter at all with irons and wedges? I just assumed it was the same as woods and didn't matter other than if you want to apply a hook or a slice, and so I've been going full backswing for all my approaches.

Keep in mind the PGA Tour pedestal also has blue lights, but under the control panel facing downward. Not too bright, nor in your eyes.
Speaking of PGA Tour, apparently in GT pedestals you can hold the Help button and get an aerial view of the hole. Not a fly-by, but a fixed aerial view. PGA Tour doesn't have a Help button. Is this view still available? I know I can press Turn Left during a shot to get an overhead camera of the shot in motion, but that doesn't seem to be the same thing.

Back swing matters always, even for putts to an extent. If you do a partial backswing you limit the distance and height of your shot, you'll also get less spin. For example on Petra, the shot where you have to play through a doorway in the mountain I go driver with a half backswing and it stays under.
A lot of guys do a thumb shot where they don't pull back at all but that takes some getting used to. Many of the really good guys club up so it looks like they're going to shoot long, use backspin and hit it about 80mph with a thumb shot and it works really well.

I'm pretty sure to get the aerial view on PGA you hold the left and right buttons together.

Also I just got my personal best after being stuck at -27 for over a year. Did it on a course that I usually have issues with too, everything just clicked and I made no mistakes but I played it safe on 18 and had a long ass putt so I ended up 2 putting. I easily could have had a -29 and if I had holed out it would have been a -30. It felt so good!

PXL_20221206_213340439 (resized).jpgPXL_20221206_213340439 (resized).jpg
#2928 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Ah! No wonder why most of my approaches are bouncing and spinning like mad on the green and I could put half a dozen balls in the drink in 18 holes despite using bite or backspin. Was trying to do it with full backswings but lighter forward swings. Oops. Newbie learning curve.
Congrats on your -28. That's sick.

I will say that partial backswings are a pretty rare thing to play, only in special situations like chipping usually. If you're overshooting you probably want to club down or not swing as hard on your forward swing.

#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I just grabbed this not working, but the price was right. I want to get it up and running for my Dad. It boots but no display, that's about as far as I've gotten, and I don't know anything about arcades. Any other advice on what to check first is appreciated.
I don't really understand what happened to the cabinet - it looks like someone cut down the control panel for some reason (space?). Maybe it's completely repurposed, I'm not familiar enough to know. [quoted image]

I don't think they ever came in that style of cabinet. Looks like it's a custom job hence the cut down control panel.

Is it playing blind where you can hear it and just no video? And is the monitor actually powering on? This should be a jamma game so standard wiring you can look up the pinout for by searching jamma.
If the monitor is powering on I'd start by checking the video output wires on the jamma harness and make sure all of the wires are intact and hooked up to the screen. If the monitor is not coming on at all that becomes a bigger problem.

#2934 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Isn't there some kind of suedo-celebrity golf person doing the announcing?
Maybe he doesn't want the software having him say things like, "CumDumpster to the tee."

I think one is a real announcer and the other is a former PGA tour guy. And despite how good text to speech has gotten in the last few years there aren't a lot of games that use it. I'm not aware of any voice acted games that actually let the player pick their name and have it voiced.

#2937 1 year ago

Jim Nantz and Peter Jacobson!

We just call them assholes. Peter always gets things wrong or talks shit when it's a good shot!

#2939 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Man I cant wait for my PGA version from FlipNout. Ive been waiting for golden tee for years but held off so I can get PGA. hoping its worth the wait. Already have the tv and stand purchased.
Is there a certain height I should hang a 55 inch tv?

I'd hang it based on how tall you are. You want the screen to be centered around your head height so you're not looking up or down too much. You might end up standing in front of that screen many hours and ergonomics matters!

The mouth talked about this on a recent stream where he said that he was having arm pain from always hunching and when he got his PGA machine he changed the setup and it's made a big improvement.

#2947 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Don't you mean club up?

I mean go to a lower distance club... maybe this is like the shift up vs shift down argument lol. I think of lower distance clubs as clubbing down.

#2961 1 year ago

Sticking with the standard clubs/ball for now. Finally made it up to Daly (the first one). Beat Eva Parfour with a -25. My best round so far!
Can a 2021 home version play in online invites with other versions? I've not upgraded to 2022 yet because I like playing Real Time Rivals and I read that it's gone from 2022. Did they replace it with another "player vrs computer" game mode? I don't necessarily need to play vrs Daly. I just like to play vrs the cpu.

Nope, they took playing against the PC out completely in 2022.

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Cool, thx
Where do I find the cabinet id#?

You can get the CID from the operator menu, there should be a system info type page that says it. It also says it on the info page that shows when the game first boots.

#2989 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I had an existing lighted marquee from my 2019 unit.
I bought a new pga standard and it doesn’t come with a marquee.
So, I contact incredible technologies and tell them what I’m trying to accomplish for personal use in my home game room.
I ask if they can send me the pga marquee file and that I would even pay for it and sign something that I wouldn’t be selling it .
Their reply back……
Sorry we cannot help you.
$5300 and for my 2nd machine and they can’t help me?
Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. Sorry IT ,I can’t guarantee these won’t be for sale now
[quoted image]

Lame. I bet it's because there is almost no value to the deluxe version beyond the standard. If they sold them alone it would take away one of their "big selling points" of the deluxe version. and expose how much of a gouge it is.

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Well, joined the club with a GO version. Only played GT a handful+ times in my life but I enjoy it. Was looking at a home version but the portability was a big plus for me. Picked up a custom stand and played my first game tonight. We all loved it.
Hoping to register in the US so I can join you folks in your weekly tournaments. I have plans to backlit the tv tomorrow but a lot marquis would be nice too. [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Can the GO play in events/tournaments? If so that's pretty awesome... and do I see a real golf simulator in the background? Very cool setup!

#3006 1 year ago

Lots of new people here it seems so I'll mention this for people who want to learn. The Mouth just did a 3 hour stream last night and he was on fire after having a few weeks off. If you want to learn techniques this is the stream to watch, he was explaining every shot and going into lots of detail on techniques.

#3011 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

do they refund the .50 if we don't play? I accepted 2 so far, and paid. I can accept the new ones, I don't care. I will play them all.

IT...refund? hahah, must be joking!

But for real, no you don't get refunded even if IT fucks up and has to reset things or makes the invites unplayable. When they had their server outage for example a lot of people lost money on the contests they were not able to complete and it was radio silence from IT.

Also if you have open invites and there is a patch you will potentially lose your money if you don't close out the invite before the patch. At least in those cases they try to send warnings on facebook and through the app which courses will be affected.

#3016 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Who is designing these fucking courses? Are any of you hacks breaking 100 on here?

What do you mean breaking 100?

If you want easier courses try Dodge City, Baja Ria and Norddallen. They are pretty simple.

You are doing well if you can make golden tee par on any course. A golden tee par is hitting a birdie on all par 3's, hitting an eagle on any par 4 where the green in reachable in one shot and an eagle on all par 5's. Depending on the tee boxes you get par 4's can either be reachable in one or two shots and then you one putt. Most courses have a golden tee par of -25 to -27, but some like Baja and Dodge city can go up to -30.
Knowing the tricks to make the par 5s in two shots is a big part of getting better too. I started getting much better scores once I started watching the pros and realizing that sometimes shooting into the rough is a better play than staying on the fairway.

To be pro level you have to make golden tee par consistently and hole out on your approach on a somewhat regular basis.

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

GLWS. I've been meaning to ask the group here if/how I can do this to my PGA Tour. I've been considering getting a dedicated Arcade Collection pedestal (Silver Strike etc.), but it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to lug another pedestal up three flights.

There are a few ways. If you want to be legit you need to get a switcher and multiple nighthawks. If you want to go the bootleg route you can get hard drives with the other games on them and just turn off your system and use a hard drive switcher. Mine came like that where I could run silver strike or power putt if I wanted.

If you want to go the legit route the cost adds up pretty fast but there are people on facebook who sell them. Richard Newman sells the gear to do it.

#3028 1 year ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Is anyone here operating these? I’ve got a pin route but just scored a high profile location and they’ve requested a Golden Tee. I haven’t played a GT since the early 2000’s and know nothing.

There are operators on facebook, Golden Tee Fan and golden tee machines open posting boards are good places to start. I've heard some bad feedback about the PGA machines not pulling in a lot of money because they are new and different and you are forced to charge $5 a game while the legacy machines are allowed to charge less. It might be worth inquiring about how many people are in your area who play to try and see which machine you want. You can also do a machine search on the livewire site and see how much competition there is going to be near you. Any commercial machine will be listed there.

Maintenance wise they should be easy compared to a pin. Make sure the trackball is in good shape and all buttons work and it's not dirty. Also make sure you're on the newest version and it's online all the time or regulars won't want to play there.

#3031 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Nm. Seems whole new app. Is this the way i customize my dude?

Yep either use the PGA caddy app or go to https://livewire.itsgames.com

#3036 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What is a good high club speed for hitting a driver? Im actually getting a pain in the bottom of my knuckle from spinning so hard!

144 is the max mph for a straight shot. For curve shots the meter can go up to 160. If you are getting too much ball with your hand you might get that pain. You want to try and go across/up on the ball so it spins fast. Don't hit down on it or you lose some speed since the force is going into your hand and not into the ball.

Quoted from VALIS666:

Is it supposed to make a lot of noise when spinning? I was watching a streamer last night (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1678821361) and his room is miked yet his trackball seems to make zero noise. Mine sounds like a dying pushmower.

Like nocoga said, it takes like 3-500 games to break in. The bearings are often really clunky sounding until they are broken in. The PGA machines tend to have really smooth trackballs but I saw some people say the bearings came overgreased so they took them out and cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol and it fixed it.

#3044 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just ordered my pga deluxe, does it matter the quality of the tv you purchase ?, I was told just has to be a 55" 4k. I found a cheap tcl for 249.00. Didnt know if it mattered the level of the display.

Quoted from jalpert:

Quality doesn’t matter for PGA. But if you want to ever use the PGA for something else…

It might matter a little if you get something so cheap it has ghosting etc, but it's not like input latency or response time really matters much for this game.

$249 is REALLY cheap for a 55" 4k though. I'd be wary, check out rtings.com to make sure it isn't total trash.

#3047 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

In the US, $200 55” TVs are everywhere. They aren’t for your home theater or anything but for extra, spare, kids, golden tee tvs they are actually good.

Yeah I forget sometimes how expensive everything is here in Canada...

Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok Im getting decent at the game, except the super short shots. Im interested the next time you guys do invites for tournaments.

Try chipping with a 5 or 7 iron. You can almost putt with it. Do a tiny backswing like knee height and then give it a half speed forward swing. Only really works though if the ball has some room to roll and the approach is relatively flat. If you are going over any amount of hill you will not make it with such a low loft club.

If it's REALLY close I like to use a short club, but not the shortest one in your back, 9 iron or g wedge and do something similar to above. Very small back swing. With the higher loft clubs though you have to be aware that the ball might hop over the cup, so using bite sometimes helps to settle it down.

Here's an example of marc doing it with an 8 iron, but he doesn't do a backswing at all. They call this way of hitting it a chush, not quite sure why but it's popular with the really good players.

And an example of the g wedge shot

#3063 1 year ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Gents: I won’t be a threat this week. Had my cabinet crash on hole #5 of the first tourney. Locked up completely. Rebooted by itself after a few minutes wl the attached error screen. Never happened before in 10 years of owning it.
Sycamore Grove 3 eagles and 3 doubles. Like to say I was frazzled after the scuttled first match, but: golf should be stateless game. Just a poor effort.
Good luck all. And happy holidays!!!
b[quoted image]

Quoted from jalpert:

Are they ever going to fix this watchdog timer BS? They mostly fixed it but never bothered to fully.

It used to happen A LOT last year. They've fixed like 99% of them but watchdog is a generic crash message and not really something they can ever fully fix without having 0 bugs.

I used to get a watch dog timeout at least once every week and get basically none now.

#3065 1 year ago

I just scored my second -28 last night This time on Forest Knoll, and I missed an easy putt so it easily would have been a -29. I feel like I've finally gotten over a hump after being stuck at -27 for over a year I've scored multiple 27s in the last month and two 28s.

I'm happy but I'm at the point now where if I get great shots points but don't hole out I'm pissed because I was so close! It keeps happening, so frustrating!

#3067 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

yeah, well my hcap is +24 or +25 but these courses that jalpert is choosing are eating me up. hahha.

Yeah I think one difference between a good player and the pros is knowing every course and every setup. If I play the '21-'22 courses I know them like the back of my hand and almost always score -20 or better. If you pick a random course though my average score goes way down because I don't know all the tricks and ways to make eagles on 5's.

#3073 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey guys , So probably a dumb question but I am new and still trying to figure this out. Just saw this in the app. Is this a good deal? What does the gold bars do ?
So to upgrade to 2022 from my 2021 it would be $299 with the end of year special IT is running. Should I upgrade now or wait until the 2023 comes out ? I don’t have any problem paying the $299 I just don’t want to pay $299 now then another $299 in three months when 2023 comes out.
[quoted image]

I doubt 2023 will be out in three months. The last bit of content releasing for 2022 is planned for March 20th so I bet we don't see 2023 until June.

Quoted from mbrave77:

I just have a standard club set. I paid to mix my bag up with the clubs I want. But are there like better drivers/clubs I will earn that go further?

You don't earn clubs or balls, you just buy them. Clubs don't have any difference other than buying the super/power spin versions which give you more backspin or roll, but balls make a big difference. If you want the "easy" mode you can use stouts which cut all wind in half. If you want more distance you can use something like the titans.

#3075 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Arent balls limited use? I have to keep rebuying them as I play?

Balls and tees are unlimited if you are on a Home Edition machine and not playing an event where you can win prizes. If you are playing contest mode or any of the other modes (not sure about invites since we don't get them in Canada) you don't have to worry about buying more tees or balls.

#3080 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok, so I bought a Dozen of a certain ball. You are saying they will never run out on my PGA home edition?

Yep, as long as you're not playing event mode they will not run out.

Tees are only used to move your tee on the tee box and do high/low tee and as mentioned above they are free on home edition so no need to worry about them unless you play an event.

1 week later
#3096 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hello , I ordered the 2022 update and it arrived today. I put it in and followed the instructions and it appears to have updated to 2022.
When it says connecting to ITNet it is coming back with error code 12 not connected to ITNet. It was connecting and worked fine on 2021.
Anyone have any ideas ?
[quoted image]

Are you on wireless? If so you'll have to re-enter your wifi credentials.

#3101 1 year ago

It seems like everyone plays stout balls. Making the other balls irrelevant. So why haven't they nerfed them? They seem over powered.
I'm still learning and using stock ball/clubs for now. But starting to think about new gear.

A lot of people play stouts (myself included) but a huge portion of pros play titans as well. The way I heard Marc explain it is that the stouts make some hardr shots easy enough for more casual players to make but a good player will hit the shot and possibly hole out, or be close enough to make the putt every time. Meaning stouts help but don't give an unfair advantage to anyone.

If they were that easy to play with you'd see random people qualifying for an winning tournaments which just doesn't happen. It's always the same few guys winning and doing best so I don't think there is any need to nerf stouts.

And if you disagree the world's your oyster. Go make some serious $$ in events.

What annoys me about not playing stouts is that there are some setups of wind and tee location that make certain holes essentially impossible. 17 on Anse Cocos for example. My buddy plays non-stouts and if the wind is in his back and the tee box is behind the hole so the slope is going away from him, it's basically impossible to land without rolling off. Same with if the wind is in your face and the slope is towards you. You have to land the ball absolutely perfectly to stay on.
And then if you don't stay on the drop is sometimes in a place that makes a near impossible chip. Your round can be completely blown if you get one of those setups.

Sometimes having the extra wind power is helpful, but it seems like there are way more setups where the stouts make a green makeable rather than the other way around. The amount of raging he does on holes like Anse Cocos 17 is funny lol

#3110 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I got a PGA at the beginning of November.
I started with an "offline" chop top. Had that many years. Then I got a Go that I upgraded to current and took that online, and moved to PGA from there.
I bought the PGA because the last major platform change was 12 years ago, and I've never had a "real" golden tee after playing for 20 years. It was time.
I think the PGA partnership makes sense. I hate it, and I hate what they've done with it, but this wasn't aimed at people who know the Golden Tee brand. This was aimed at people who saw Golden Tee as just a generic golf game and they wanted to put some (or a lot) of marketing dollars behind it.
PGA as a game will make more sense, but many things have to change, and I'm afraid not much of that will happen until the legacy units are turned off.

Agreed. I keep hearing that they're changing putting so that the greens aren't just flat and sloped in one direction. They will have elevation and changing breaks just like a real green does. But I really doubt they'll do that until the legacy one is phased out. At that point the game may start to change a lot.

#3112 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Are kits available ( Nitehawk chassis, Cid, etc) for purchase? I have a ITS 2018 pedestal game.
Thank you

They definitely don't do kits for the new Titan hardware because they want all new games in a PGA cabinet, and I am 99% certain they've stopped making the nighthawks so your only chance is to find someone who sells them. If you go to facebook and look for a guy named Richard Newman he seems to be the guy to go to for this kind of thing.
You can also just put out an ask on the "Golden Tee machines open posting" board where people buy/sell games.

#3116 1 year ago

They are still supporting repairs and warranty work on brand new Nighthawk-based units sold, and selling replacement parts for them. I believe you can mail in an older nighthawk box and they'll swap it to an upgraded box for you for $1400.

Interesting, I know they switched to Titans before they even released PGA edition due to supply chain issues so every new box coming from them has the titan equipment, but I can see them offering service on the nighthawks considering how many are still out there and how its all off the shelf components anyways.

They definitely stopped selling kits though, I've seen talk about how they had issues with people having ugly cut downs and they wanted the game to have a more professional, uniform look.

1 week later
#3122 1 year ago

Just like Netflix - I'm out. $8.25 a month was already too much for a game I rarely play. $10.42 is over the line. I'm out.
My favorite part of the price increase? They made it effective January 12th, and then sent the email out on January 16th telling us, "oh hey, 4 days ago the price went up." Sneaky. I get it, friday - monday issue, but still. Maybe an up-front notice of the price increase.

I just got charged by them on Jan 13th... I remember signing up around this time of the year when I started but it is a little curious that I was charged the day after they changed the price. Makes me wonder if they double charged me but I can't find last year's charge to find out exactly when it was renewing.

#3126 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There should be a course editor that users can create courses exclusively for home units.
Even basic low dollar games these days have features like that.

Never going to happen with IT, they are way too lazy for features like this!!

I got a notification on my phone yesterday that they are giving out a $50 gift card to someone who buys the PGA edition... I was wondering if that was some kind of joke. Who the hell thinks a $50 gift card is an incentive to buy something for $5000? They are so out of touch.

#3128 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

With IT focusing on the PGA, (and their casino gaming) I doubt there will be many 'new' events/features for us HE owners. We're left to wither on the vine until our legacy cabinets are no longer supported/updated.
I do miss the 'rivals' ladder. I enjoyed trying to beat YJD (I got as close as -1 to him). Guess the PGA agreement shoved Daly out the door.

A huge number of people complained about the ladder being gone and their excuse was that the Daly agreement expired but they easily could have just taken Daly out of it. They have no interest in that stuff though. Their focus is on monetization and mobile/casino shit.

#3132 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

They should just change his skin tone and call him Mr. Dream. Done.

Don Jaly

#3137 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So what the monthly fee give you with the pga home edition ? If you don't sign up for the monthly can you play the game ?

You can play but only offline with a generic character. So no stat tracking, no events/contests, no custom equipment or custom golfer. It's a much better game when you're online.

Quoted from Mars2903:

I have the GT PGA 2022 edition and it came with the subscription 'in the price'. I believe after a year though, there will be a renewal fee though I have not found anything that says that in writing.

Yeah most new machines come with one year free then it will auto renew.

#3139 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Golden Tee Marquee
I figured some of you pinheads are wiring guru's.
Is there any way to connect a lighted marquee to the tv directly? Anyone have a wiring hack that I can plug it in a wall or convert to USB and plug it into the TV?
I have a golden tee go and it won't accept the plug.
Thanks in advance, here's the connection...[quoted image]

I'm pretty certain these run on 12v. What I would do is buy a power adapter like this and wire them together. I've done this to run PC fans and things like that from the wall.
USB is only 5V so I don't think you'd be able to wire it that way.

https://www.amazon.ca/Universal-adapters-Converter-Inverter-Transformer/dp/B08CXND8ZK/

#3143 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I hooked mine up to online; what do I get for this? All I seem to be able to do is just play online and track my progress...Am I missing something?

online gets you a persistent character with stat tracking and clothing that you can use at a commercial or a home edition machine. You can also choose a custom bag of clubs and customize your balls.
It also gets you into online contests which are just for fun, or events which you can win money from.

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im getting better at the game. handicap going way up. The thing that is still hard is short game. I also find that the water is full of huge ball magnets. If the ball goes near water the magnets will just pull the ball in. Always!

Short game is hard for sure. One thing that made my chipping from just off the green better is using a low iron like a 5 and giving it about a quarter back swing and then swing forwards like you're putting. This seems to give a much better chance of going in since the ball is rolling towards the hole rather than flying through the air and landing right near it. It means you don't necessarily need the distance to be perfect, just the line and it can go in.

#3147 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Depending on which club set I'm using, I use the 6I, 7I (usual chipper off the green for my club sets that have this club), or 8I. For the new courses that you can almost drive the green on, when I'm short of the green and not close enough to use the already mentioned clubs- I'll use the 5 hybrid..... low trajectory and goes further. All these take lots of practice to master, and as usual, your club speed and the length of your pull back and follow through determine how far each will go....

Yeah I was using the 7i for these shots originally but I found it had too much loft and sometimes the ball would hop over the hole. By using something like the 5i you get a nice roll with no hop. (backspin/bite helps minimize the hop but I found it less consistent than the 5i)

A lot of people seem to use the hybrid like you're saying, I just really hate using hybrids so I don't have them in my bag.

I'd like to learn how to do a "chush" shot with those clubs like I see the pros do. It's a way of consistently hitting the ball straight and with the right amount of power but I've never seen a great explanation of how to do it so I never try it. They basically do a knee high backswing and then put their thumb on the front of the trackball, about 45 degrees up the face, and let it drop.

One guy in the last tournament I watched would even go into the pause menu and step through each option until it went back to the unpause option so he could "calibrate" his swing. I guess the idea is that each time he moved the trackball it should step you forward one option in the menu. If you move two options or don't move at all you're giving too much or too little to the ball.

#3149 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Wife and I just went to play our second tournament game of this weekend's Pinside tourneys, today's patch applied, finally after 15-20 minutes the game booted to the attract screen but no online. Went to the Settings menu (the button underneath the control panel) and saw that it is connected to my network. Then tried Force Connect to ITNET. After a few minutes it connected, then it advanced to a screen called Syncing Adjustables, and now has been stuck/circling there for 30 minutes. Don't want to turn the machine off right now because it sounds like one of those processes where it's writing stuff, but not sure what to do if it stays stuck for an hour or more.
Any ideas? Often rebooting anything computer related a second time after an update/patch will fix issues, but not sure I should shut down on this particular screen or just wait it out.

I've turned it off and on again in this exact situation. Whenever I call home to ITnet I tend to get stuck and I've had that same "Syncing Adjustables" screen sit there for what felt like forever. I just turned it off and booted it up again.

#3152 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Thanks, I was in the process of doing that when you responded, it rebooted fine, still no online. Rebooted again, still no online. So either my machine got deactivated somehow during the patch application or they messed up at the start and gave me 2 months free online when it should have been 12 months. But I don't even see anywhere on the app or the website when I can check if my subscription is active or not.

I'm not aware of any way to check the status of your subscription.

I'd just leave it on and give it some time, or try forcing a call again. I've had it red light upon starting before but it usually comes back with a reboot or forcing a call to ITnet

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I was hesitant on the 5 & 3 hybrids, but I have come to LOVE having them in my bag. Reduces the profile of your shot so wind doesnt affect it as much, and on the first 'door' on Petra- the 3H will almost always get me on the green with a shot at eagle. Im using the Players Choise '20 clubs and grabbers. Speaking of the 'door' shot on Petra 5- hit this the other night. Low tee 'naked' -

Nice one.
I just started running a hybrid on Petra for this exact reason. This is the first time I've actually made a unique bag just for one course and it's because of that damn archway shot.

1 week later
#3172 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

My pga is showing up tomorrow...will snap some pics after it's setup...any things to know with set up or settings ?

Open it up and check that the PC is still secure. There have been some reports of the PC coming loose in transit because they mounted it with some pretty wimpy hardware.

Opening it is done by unscrewing the screws underneath the control panel.

#3176 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Is there a way to play a live online game with someone? Id love to actually see these folks take their shots. I want to discover these shortcuts they use to get ridiculous scores.

If you want to learn how to shoot -30s and better you can watch people on youtube.

The mouth does a regular stream where he explains most of his shots.

They also livestream tournaments. There was one this weekend.

Can't seem to get the link to that channel to post correctly, so just search Golden Tee Golf on youtube and it's the official channel.

#3183 1 year ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Does anyone know if perfect solution switcher works with a pga cabinet and arcade collection kit?

I'm pretty sure that's what I see people on facebook use. Ask Richard Newman on the facebook golden tee fan group, he's the guru on this topic.

1 week later
#3191 1 year ago

Eagel's Peak came out two days ago... it's quite hard though and I'm seeing a ton of complaints about glitches on facebook. People are actually asking IT to take the course away because its so broken.

ROFL

#3194 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Conversion complete! One thing that sucked was 2 buttons where broken ( red and green one) upon arrival so I had to take out 2 from the GT control panel and use those.
[quoted image]

Do any of the games have online features? I liked Power Putt a lot but with a dozen or so courses and no online modes it got boring kind of quickly.

#3197 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah what a PIA , I was pissed when I saw they were snapped and broken. Were are you ordering your button from?

Those are pretty generic buttons so you should be able to find them everywhere, but Gatorcade has the actual buttons IT uses. https://gatorcade.com/

Also check suzo happ's site, they might be there.

#3200 1 year ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Yes- lots of issues with this course.
Turbo putts, tee box issues, I've even seen a replay of someone using a wedge from about 30 yards off the green, chipping and as soon as contact is made it appears that the ball hits a wall and ricochets straight backwards..... INCREDIBLE!
It didn't used to be this way- new courses with lots of glitches.....
There used to be lots of beta testing before release.
Here a few of the good ones....

It seems like they cut back the dev manpower for Golden Tee a lot. There are so many issues these days and even with players like Marc doing testing for them and working directly with them to understand what's wrong they don't fix much. I have a feeling the codebase is so old and fucked at this point that any fix immediately breaks something else.

I've seen some numbers and they're down to something like 1/3rd of the player base they used to have 10 years ago. Now they seem to focus on casino and mobile stuff, so it's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy at this point. The player base won't improve if they don't improve the game.

Makes me think the PGA partnership was a last ditch effort to kick start the player base back to what it used to be. Problem is most casuals don't care and the hardcore players certainly don't care about PGA branding.

2 weeks later
#3208 1 year ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

I picked up a 2019 CID last week (running 2021 offline) but was curious if I pay to have it made a home edition, would I be able to play online? IT wants $500 to upgrade to 2022 and HE switch which I don’t know if I want to do. If I were to get a commercial 2019 hdd and chip, would I be able to play online as is?

You can't play a commercial machine at a home location. When you call IT to try and register it they will make you switch the CID over to HE, so if you want to get online there's not really any way around paying for the switch.

1 week later
#3219 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

After a month of waiting for parts finally got it up and running. Still have to finish the stand ,but excited to play a game... few questions.
Do you just turn off the game with the power switch? No booting before turning off ?
Lastly connect to wifi. It still won't let me play online. And simple answer ?
Thx
[quoted image]

Yes just turn it off, no need to do anything special when powering off.

Have you contacted IT to register it and get your subscription going? It can sometimes take a few days but you'll need to speak to IT and have them activate your machine. If you think that's been done already and you are still red lighted you can go into the settings and choose the option to force a call to I.T, that can sometimes get it online. If not try leaving it on all night and it may connect.
Most likely though they just haven't activated your machine yet. It's a pretty out of date way of doing things.

#3226 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

That is odd, I wonder if that button is wired incorrectly. Tapping Spin should take you through the four types of spin -- bite, roll, backspin, and release.
But you say "when hitting to a green," do you mean while the ball is in flight? I know tapping Fly-By gives you different views while the ball is in the air, and holding it locks that one in for future holes. Not sure what Spin does when you're in flight.

Quoted from mtp78:

Thanks guy....I let the game sit for a will and it connected online.....can some explain how the spin button works...on my game when I an hitting to a green I tried to tap it but am that happens it shows a reverse camera view....

Yeah you need to set your spin before you take your shot.

If you hit spin while the ball is in flight it will give you the reverse angle view from the hole. Hitting right will give you the view of the hole while following the ball and hitting left gives you a bird's eye view.

#3228 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

That's exactly what's going on. Thanks for explaining....just learning the game. So I appreciate the feedback.
I noticed if you want to playonline you need some sort of login. Where do you register or create that....

You can either sign up on their website or the app. I suggest the app since you can use it to login. Download the PGA tour app and sign up there. Then you can set a number and PIN to use for your login, or you can tap your phone to the NFC pad to log in. Most people use their phone number to make it easy to remember.

Once you have a character you can start earning exp and unlock clothing and other items.

#3232 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Ayyy, got my first hole in one!

Nice. I pulled this one off yesterday on a hole that I have always hated so it felt extra good

#3236 1 year ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Questions for the pga owners,
Can you shut off the blue lights?
How loud is the fan on the unit?
I had an order version and found the fan to be very loud in a small home environment.
Thanks

You can only turn off the blue light by splicing in a switch inline or disconnecting it completely somewhere inside the cab. There is no easy way to do it, so I hope you need a big ass night light

#3238 1 year ago

Typical IT oversight. SMH

Maybe they had all of their design meetings at Dave n Busters? lol... I have no idea how they thought that was a good look for inside a bar or a home.

#3244 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Good afternoon…. I have a 2019 GT Pedestal, upgraded to the 2020 edition. Recently my machine stopped booting up.
IT, while friendly as hell, has done little more than read the troubleshooting section of the manual over the phone to me.
When I “flip” the switch for power nothing happens… so I naturally pulled the Nighthawk out to inspect and troubleshoot.
I can say all cord, cables, tv and obvious things are good. I have tested the power supply voltages and all good there. (Even swapped with a different PS..same behavior) IF I jumper the ATX pins the fans, and IO board will fire up.
I pulled the graphics card and connected directly via the motherboard VGA (this was IT’s suggestion) to the tv just to see if I could get even the boot sequence to appear. Nothing. This was an attempt to determine if the GPu card was faulty.
You guys have any ideas? I mean… not sure where to start…. motherboard, RAM, gpu, hard drive, etc…
Right now I have an extremely large and expensive paperweight…ha!
Thanks in advance for any direction!
Matt
*I should note this came with a switcher that included SilverStrike, Putting game and Dart game… I pulled that just to make the troubleshooting easier…. Hopefully that was not a mistake.

When you jump the pins and it starts what happens? Nothing at all? No bios screen, no beeps or anything? If so that makes me think it's the motherboard because if it was the GPU, CPU or RAM the mobo should at least post still. However it depends on the mobo, it may not be posting if the CPU is bad.

EDIT: Actually after googling for a minute it sounds like the majority of mobos will not post at all without a CPU, so my guess would be CPU since the fans are spinning. At least CPUs for these machines are cheap but it will be a pain to get one just for it not to work, but I'm not sure what other troubleshooting you can do to try and pinpoint the issue.

#3246 1 year ago
Quoted from Mars2903:

I have tried to find this answer by scouring the ITSGAMES website and the web in general. I'm looking for a complete list of ALL the courses on the 2022 PGA Tour edition. Not just the 'PGA' handful of courses, but the entire list. Does anyone have a source for this?

If you have an account you can go to the build a bag and go to the associated courses section and see a list of them all. The PGA has all of these courses plus the PGA ones. Or you can go into the app and look at your stats for each course.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Also I shot my first -29 last night. I got a really good set up for easter island and was going into 17 with a -27. I fucked up on 17 and 18, I easily had a 30 or 31 if I didn't choke on the last two holes.

#3248 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks for the reply. If I do not jump the pins…the unit will not power on with the switch. When I jump and power…all of the fans turn on, the IO board powers on… but nothing happens in terms of booting up. No bios or any kind of startup activity.
There is one, small green led lit up on the motherboard…. That is all.
Pretty disappointed in the support from IT actually. Not sure how to even test a MB…. I hate just blindly shotgunning this piece by piece..but its looking like thats the route I am taking.
Maybe someone else will chime in that has similar issues…. Thanks again!
Matt

Ive heard similar complaints from people with these kinds of hardware issues. If it's their part like the I/O board they just ask you to return it and wait for another one and keep doing that until you stumble upon the broken part.

The issue of not turning on from the power switch sounds like your CMOS battery on the motherboard is dead. I would start by at least changing that just in case, but it really shouldn't prevent the system from booting, just from turning on when you flick the switch.

The other guess is that it's your CPU since the motherboard appears to be delivering power to the other components.

Your best bet is to ask on the facebook golden tee fan page. There are a few people there who know the hardware inside and out and might be able to give you more insight based on your exact symptoms. Marc Muklewicz is extremely helpful and will walk you through all of the troubleshooting steps you can take to try and nail down the exact problem.

#3250 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks for your reply.
I have managed to avoid Facebook in my life so far…. This may be the thing that finally pushes me there.

Haha, I totally understand the sentiment but the groups there are surprisingly active for things like arcade games. It seems like almost everyone who is heavily into golden tee uses the Golden Tee Fan group. It's the best resource I've found so far for the game.

Alternatively you can try the discord, many of the long time players are on there too but it's not nearly as active as the facebook group.

https://discord.gg/A9Rzp5Vu

#3255 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

And I guess there is no 2023 they are going right to 2024 at the end of this year?

I just read this from one of the guys on facebook who seems to know everything about this game. For the first time they will skip a year by releasing 2024 next. No one is sure when it's coming but likely the second half of this year.

Quoted from KSP1138:

Anyone have any tips for Hollywood Hills #17? I had a good round going, hit what I thought was a perfect shot - medium with roll, and it hits the bottom of the pin and then rolls back into the water.

It really depends on the hole location. This one can be a real pain in the ass if the hole is at the front of the green or on the tier. If it's at the front it can work to hit it so it just touches the tier enough to stop it but not enough to send it rolling back down.

Keep an eye on marc's channel, he's been streaming his tips for each of the courses for world qualifiers and I think he's still got to do hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/@themouth411/streams

#3257 1 year ago

Correct.
And for Legacy Owners, the 2024 and 2025 updates will be the final updates for the Legacy platform. So, not only did they cheat us out of a year for 2023, but they also didn't keep their promise to "5 more years of updates" either.

I was wondering about that... pretty lame. I guess technically it will be 5 years of support but not 5 versions, so it isn't really adhering to the spirit of the promise.

1 week later
#3263 1 year ago

Just saw they announced the 2023-2024 version is going to come out end of july for PGA and start of September for non PGA versions.

It looks like PGA machines will be able to update over the internet finally, but no word yet on if they will do that for legacy machines.

#3265 1 year ago
Quoted from rwh143:

And does anyone have an idea what will be in the update?

Its usually the same every year. 5 new golden tee style courses, two new remastered courses and the PGA gets 2 or 3 new PGA courses. Sometimes there are new modes.

They haven't announced any specifics yet though so no idea what the new courses are going to be.

343 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Anony. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club?tu=Anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.