17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 74.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Going to diversify my man cave a bit. Looking into getting a Golden Tee sometime after the first of the year. Question though.....
What's the difference between the 2018 Home live version vs the arcade / bar live version? Is it just the coin mechs? Do they play differently? I do like the idea of having coin mechs / slots and even a bill acceptor on my Golden Tee. Even though it'll be in a home environment, you never know, I could someday route it. I'd also probably play off line for a bit so I can get used to the courses before you guys crush me online.
Any thoughts on what version of game I should go with would be appreciated!

HE wont have coin mech or bill changer (they add to the cost on the ped). Not sure if IT would let you buy a commercial unit for home use.....there is a different setting for commercial vs HE. I know older commercial cabs are often converted to home use...

E-mail Josh & IT. Hell be able to answer your question. Quick response times when I have messaged him in the past.

[email protected]

#402 6 years ago

If anybody else wants a nice kit to cut down either a "Live" cabinet, or a "Fore" cabinet., let me know. I sell these and they are the nicest looking conversion for someone who is not a skilled woodworker.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

If anybody else wants a nice kit to cut down either a "Live" cabinet, or a "Fore" cabinet., let me know. I sell these and they are the nicest looking conversion for someone who is not a skilled woodworker.

Got and pics?

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

As long as the match does not contain 2018 courses I’d say yes.
It would hurt IT/GT to cockblock themselves out of matches (they skim every game)

Commerical they block ALOT after the new update comes out.. I would assume you would need to be on 2018 to keep on the network for long.

3 weeks later
#406 6 years ago

I have a 2018 in Golden tee home edition update for 380 shipped anyone who wants it PM me comes with update usb and IO security chip

A249415F-8FFC-4703-A91E-3E00408A1ED9 (resized).jpegA249415F-8FFC-4703-A91E-3E00408A1ED9 (resized).jpeg

#407 6 years ago

Now that my construction business has gotten back to where it needs to be in the last couple of years, I am actually looking to sell my entire cabinet conversion business. My asking price is actually less that the selling price of existing inventory. The mould is in excellent shape and has a lifespan of more cabinets than exist(lol). It may be up someones alley here. Transfer cabinets from I.T. are pretty pricey.
ebay.com link: Golden T Cabinet Conversion Entire Business Immediate Sales

http://amusement.itsgames.com/sales/price-list

Tom

3 weeks later
#408 6 years ago

I have kicked Smart Game Parts back up, and am selling individual Cabinet conversion kits. "LIVE" or "FORE" kits. Thanks for looking, and email me privately if you want one or multiples for a lower price than on Ebay.
ebay.com link: Golden T Cabinet Conversion Kit LIVE And FORE Cabinet Kits Available

1 week later
#409 6 years ago

I will offer good discounts on multiple's of my Golden T Cabinet conversion kits, Live or Fore style, so please inquire if any of you guys want to make your upright cabinets into pedestals.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I will offer good discounts on multiple's of my Golden T Cabinet conversion kits, Live or Fore style, so please inquire if any of you guys want to make your upright cabinets into pedestals.

Maybe you should consider posting a for sale ad in the marketplace.

#411 6 years ago

I thought about it, but it seems all GT enthusiasts on this forum are part of this thread.

#412 6 years ago

How difficult is it to add the Silver Strike software to the new pedestals?

#413 6 years ago

Anybody have a working Golden Tee Complete green board they want to sell. PM me.

#414 6 years ago

If I am not mistaken,Silver Strike was Nighthawk out of the gate, so pedestal and flat screen should be no problem.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

IDK about everyone else, but most of us have ped's already.......

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

If I am not mistaken,Silver Strike was Nighthawk out of the gate, so pedestal and flat screen should be no problem.

Is there a kit or software to do this? How does one go about making this happen?

#417 6 years ago

I’d like a nicer chop top, but I did a pretty good job so not worth anywhere close to $500 for me.

Quoted from nascarrey:

IDK about everyone else, but most of us have ped's already.......

3 weeks later
#418 6 years ago

Hi, I'm thinking about selling one of my pins and getting a golden tee. I know NOTHING about golden tee but I know my friends would be stoked. What year, version, model, etc. should I get if I am looking to pick one up off Clist or a coin-op forum? What should I expect to pay? After depreciation do they hold their value like pins?

#419 6 years ago

A great home game that won’t break the bank is Golden Tee Complete. They can be had for $600-750. They have 29 courses, you won’t get bored with it, and you won’t ever lose money on it. If you buy something newer, the graphics will be a little better, but it will depreciate in value every year when the software updates. I’ve had my Complete for at least 5 years and still love it.

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi, I'm thinking about selling one of my pins and getting a golden tee. I know NOTHING about golden tee but I know my friends would be stoked. What year, version, model, etc. should I get if I am looking to pick one up off Clist or a coin-op forum? What should I expect to pay? After depreciation do they hold their value like pins?

You can start wherever you want regarding GT but if you want to shock and awe your friends go all in and get a GT 2018 home version pedestal unit with a 50" HDTV. Will cost you less than $3500.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Golden tee 2018 Machines are instock and ready to ship. I have 1 left in this batch right now not spoken for
JJ

PM JJ -I believe he has them in stock-shipping shouldn't be too bad from Denver to the 'left coast'. Scoll back one page in this thread and send him a message.

IMO the 'complete' is fun (and relatively inexpensive), but the Live 2018 version is way better....drop some coin and join the GT group on here....

Speaking of- I haven't seen any pinsider invites lately-that little man keeping you busy Chris????

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

You can start wherever you want regarding GT but if you want to shock and awe your friends go all in and get a GT 2018 home version pedestal unit with a 50" HDTV. Will cost you less than $3500.

I am looking into one of these too. Where can I get one for $3500? That doesn't include the tv, right?

Locally I've gotten a price of $3795 with pickup with a home edition model.

What version of 2018 do I want if I want to play friends but also have the option to play online? Is it best to supply your own TV?

#423 6 years ago

Buy the online ed and get your own tv . If you want you can also spring for the optional tv stand but it’s around $400. I just sold one to a client that we are doing a garage conversion carribean bar . Made a custom wall mount for it .

5A016C16-5B39-423C-8523-FD03C6CBC593 (resized).jpeg5A016C16-5B39-423C-8523-FD03C6CBC593 (resized).jpeg

573F4C54-7F1F-477E-B50B-86D216DE5B3A (resized).jpeg573F4C54-7F1F-477E-B50B-86D216DE5B3A (resized).jpeg

4B4D7282-CC56-4775-88AE-590FF9A179A6 (resized).jpeg4B4D7282-CC56-4775-88AE-590FF9A179A6 (resized).jpeg

#424 6 years ago

Someone school me...,what is the difference between the Golden Tee Home edition and Golden Tee Live Edition? Which is better for home gameroom? Which is better to play online tournaments?

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Someone school me...,what is the difference between the Golden Tee Home edition and Golden Tee Live Edition? Which is better for home gameroom? Which is better to play online tournaments?

Live and Home edition are the same thing. All GT are live. The difference between a HE and Commercial version- the commercial has a different chip in them (home play vs prize play online in the bar), and the HE doesn't have coin mechs/bill acceptor. You can only play for $ from home via 'Invites'. You have to down load the app and create an account and add $ to it. Then you send invites. You can buy a commercial version but will never be allowed to play for money from home.

I bought the stand, but you could just an easily mount the tv to the wall much cheaper.

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Live and Home edition are the same thing. All GT are live. The difference between a HE and Commercial version- the commercial has a different chip in them (home play vs prize play online in the bar), and the HE doesn't have coin mechs/bill acceptor. You can only play for $ from home via 'Invites'. You have to down load the app and create an account and add $ to it. Then you send invites. You can buy a commercial version but will never be allowed to play for money from home.
I bought the stand, but you could just an easily mount the tv to the wall much cheaper.

So...if I got a commercial Live Edition, I couldn’t play online with the Pinside group?

#427 6 years ago

For anyone wondering about price and the best deal do yourself a favor and contact Gexchange (JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado). I've done all the research and priced the hell out of these things and he has the best price you can find on NIB shipped or picked up and his personal approach to customer service is a nice added bonus. I ordered mine through him and everything was perfect and I new I had the best deal.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

I bought the stand as well and couldn't be happier. Now I can move my pedestal to a different location without having to take my TV down off a wall and remount somewhere else. At $400 it seems pricey but it's a serious commercial quality stand built specifically to connect to your pedestal at the proper distance. It's also fully height adjustable (depending on personal preference) and is very heavy duty.

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

For anyone wondering about price and the best deal do yourself a favor and contact Gexchange (JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado). I've done all the research and priced the hell out of these things and he has the best price you can find on NIB shipped or picked up and his personal approach to customer service is a nice added bonus. I ordered mine through him and everything was perfect and I new I had the best deal.

+1 (from what I've heard + I believe its good to support a fellow pinsider!)

Quoted from stpcore:

I bought the stand as well and couldn't be happier. Now I can move my pedestal to a different location without having to take my TV down off a wall and remount somewhere else. At $400 it seems pricey but it's a serious commercial quality stand built specifically to connect to your pedestal at the proper distance. It's also fully height adjustable (depending on personal preference) and is very heavy duty.

The whole reason to buy the stand.....can always store it in the garage when not in use....lol

So...if I got a commercial Live Edition, I couldn’t play online with the Pinside group?

No- you can order the update and security chip from IT though.....look in this thread-I posted the link to a FB group for GT machines for sale and the HE (home owners) group. Lots of info there as this gets done a lot....... Not sure on the cost of those items though...
Be careful- some of those older nighthawk computers cant be updated to the 2018. Again- one of those groups has a bunch of people who can get you started in the right direction.
Good luck!

1 week later
#430 6 years ago

Can 2018 be used with an older video card that outputs DVI? I don’t have an HDMI card but will eventually want to update. I would like to do a pedestal conversion...right now have the cabinet.
Anyone running new 2018 on a cabinet with dual monitors? What is displayed in the top monitor during the game? The version I have shows the announcers during gameplay and the occasional replays...now sure what if anything appears on the newer software as most have pedestals now.

#431 6 years ago

If I picked up a 2017 Home Edition, and other than adding new course packs, how long would it be before the computer becomes obsolete? I might be able to get a 2017 with keypad, hdmi cable and wired WiFi and no pedestal for $2500. Good deal or just wait for 2018 closeout? Or wait until 2019 released?

#432 6 years ago

How long does it typically take to play 18?

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

a while. I wish they would get a 9 hole game for home users.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Takes me about 8-10 minutes (playing solo).......lol I can usually play a cycle in under 45 min (with beer refill breaks)!

If I picked up a 2017 Home Edition, and other than adding new course packs, how long would it be before the computer becomes obsolete? I might be able to get a 2017 with keypad, hdmi cable and wired WiFi and no pedestal for $2500. Good deal or just wait for 2018 closeout? Or wait until 2019 released?

Not sure on this......if youre on Facebook-join the GT HE group (i posted the link a few pages back in the thread I believe) and ask-theres a couple vendors selling GT ped's and guys from IT that will help answer your question. I'm guessing at least a couple years.....

Quoted from Guzz4851:

Can 2018 be used with an older video card that outputs DVI? I don’t have an HDMI card but will eventually want to update. I would like to do a pedestal conversion...right now have the cabinet.
Anyone running new 2018 on a cabinet with dual monitors? What is displayed in the top monitor during the game? The version I have shows the announcers during gameplay and the occasional replays...now sure what if anything appears on the newer software as most have pedestals now.

I have a friend who had a ped that is using dual monitors-theres some settings (dip switches) to get it to work- one member of the HE FB group was having issues with this but I believe that he got it figured out. I would guess it would depend on what version of the Nighthawk that's in your cab/ped.

#435 6 years ago

Looking at a 2018 golden tee pedestal unit that is in a smaller cabinet that needs to be put on about a 2' table. Is portable and plays golden tee, silver strike bowling, power putt golf, and target toss.
What's should I pay for something like that? No tv included.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Looking at a 2018 golden tee pedestal unit that is in a smaller cabinet that needs to be put on about a 2' table. Is portable and plays golden tee, silver strike bowling, power putt golf, and target toss.
What's should I pay for something like that? No tv included.

This one is $1400 or so less than the 2018 Home Edition full size pedestal.

ebay.com link: 2018 golden tee arcade portable golf game plug play into hdmi tv 1080 video

#437 6 years ago

This is Pinside, right?

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

ebay.com link » 2018 Golden Tee Arcade Portable Golf Game Plug Play Into Hdmi Tv 1080 Video

Id' be interested to know what year Nighthawk(s) is/are actually in that thing....

#439 6 years ago

ebay.com link » 2018 Golden Tee Arcade Portable Golf Game Plug Play Into Hdmi Tv 1080 Video

I like this line from the listing "this has a high wife acceptance factor due to its ability to be easily moved & the small amount of space it takes to store it" lol.

#440 6 years ago

Does anyone operate a Golden Tee Live 2018?

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Id' be interested to know what year Nighthawk(s) is/are actually in that thing....

Those table top units are using older nighthawks with upgraded RAM and upgraded Zotac video cards. I know the seller.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Those table top units are using older nighthawks with upgraded RAM and upgraded Zotac video cards. I know the seller.

I was wondering if it was running older hardware with a few things upgraded. Still seems like a decent deal and if it runs the 2018 software just as well as new 2018 cabinets that's pretty good.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was wondering if it was running older hardware with a few things upgraded. Still seems like a decent deal and if it runs the 2018 software just as well as new 2018 cabinets that's pretty good.

If you are planning on playing 2018 LIVE online I would ask the seller if that is a possibility as a 2018 Unplugged would have to be switched over to LIVE for online play and additional fees from Incredible Technologies may be required to do so. If online play isn't of importance then it doesn't matter. That said, LIVE online play is what makes GT so fun for me in a home environment.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

If you are planning on playing 2018 LIVE online I would ask the seller if that is a possibility as a 2018 Unplugged would have to be switched over to LIVE for online play and additional fees from Incredible Technologies may be required to do so. If online play isn't of importance then it doesn't matter. That said, LIVE online play is what makes GT so fun for me in a home environment.

Is it $3795 fun? Contemplating pulling the trigger on one...

#445 6 years ago

I think that price does not include a tv or pedestal.

#446 6 years ago

Yes

Buy one & get online

Fuck it, life is short & the SP500 is overvalued

#447 6 years ago

A used 2014 golden tee live... is computer new enough? What’s a good price on one?

Description includes this: easy fix or sign of bigger issues?

“Only issue is the "right" button doesn't work sometimes for the first couple of minutes after turning on the machine, but always works shortly after, and can probably be fixed by someone who knows what they're doing. “

#448 6 years ago

What about this? Good price? Can I play home tournaments on the Live model?

E27FBEB1-FFFD-4A70-B9E1-BF79B857CC0B (resized).jpegE27FBEB1-FFFD-4A70-B9E1-BF79B857CC0B (resized).jpeg

#449 6 years ago

Wow, that seems very cheap for a 2018, even if its an older unit that has been upgraded with 2018 software. Seems like a really good deal. Hmmm, it could be a converted older stand up Goldentee too.

#450 6 years ago

Yes. My GT gets more play than some of my pinball machines that are double that price. No joke. I can't imagine selling it.

There are 3,699 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/9?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.